QuickLink:
Ghibli Tavern - What are you currently watching?
Home Register Frequently Asked Questions Search Members List Moderators and Administrators
Ghibli Tavern » - Anime » Anime in General » What are you currently watching? » Hello Guest [register|login]
« Previous Thread | Next Thread » Print Page | Recommend to Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Author
Post [  «    ...  121  122  123  124  125  126  127  128  129  ...    »  ]
husky51
The Old Guy

Registration Date: 03.17.08
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by husky51 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Watching "Tokyo Majin" for now, went through the first chapter and we'll see where it goes...

02.16.2015, 09:32 PM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
Saddletank
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Registration Date: 09.28.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Saddletank Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

I watched Tamako Love Story tonight. It was really nice and sweet. Lots of aww moments. As you'd expect from Kyoto Ani the artwork is great. The film is stuffed full of Moe but even so its really cute and harmless and gives you a nice fuzzy feeling. Worth a watch if you've a spare 90 minutes.

"An old man like me stands no chance fighting against a high school girl in her underwear" - Oshino Meme, Nekomonogatari (Kuro)

02.17.2015, 09:05 PM Saddletank is offline   Profile for Saddletank Add Saddletank to your buddy list Send an Email to Saddletank
Kazegami
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Registration Date: 08.19.07
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Kazegami Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

I come bearing a recommendation: Shingeki no Bahamut.

The quality of the animation struck me first, it's beautiful. There's an interesting story going and interesting characters too; I'm particularly liking the female lead (which is a funny twist because I was initially tempted into watching by pictures of some very handsome villains). I'm just three episodes in but I've got a really good feeling about this one. It's not being typical and I like that. Please, give it a go!

My Anime List

02.19.2015, 06:39 PM Kazegami is offline   Profile for Kazegami Add Kazegami to your buddy list
Saddletank
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Saddletank Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

I just skimmed through a few screenshots and there seems to be a lot of big-boobed women in skimpy armour. Looks like Sword Art Online meets Queens Blade. Is it really that good?

"An old man like me stands no chance fighting against a high school girl in her underwear" - Oshino Meme, Nekomonogatari (Kuro)

02.19.2015, 07:22 PM Saddletank is offline   Profile for Saddletank Add Saddletank to your buddy list Send an Email to Saddletank
Kazegami
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Kazegami Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

That so? Thus far there haven't been any instances that have struck me as fanservice or ecchi... There have certainly been opportunities for that, but they haven't been taken. It's off to a great start in my opinion so unless it really goes downhill from now it's going to be good.

My Anime List

02.19.2015, 07:35 PM Kazegami is offline   Profile for Kazegami Add Kazegami to your buddy list
arren18
Administrator

Registration Date: 08.15.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by arren18 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

I heard it was very good actually! As a straightforward fantasy based on a mobile phone game nobody expected much, but apparently it was surprisingly worthwhile. I never heard anything about fanservice, and it certainly didn't seem anything like Queens Blade.

02.19.2015, 08:37 PM arren18 is offline   Profile for arren18 Add arren18 to your buddy list Homepage of arren18
Kazegami
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Yes, I was really surprised to discover it's based on a game. I'd never have suspected as much.

My Anime List

02.19.2015, 08:55 PM Kazegami is offline   Profile for Kazegami Add Kazegami to your buddy list
Saddletank
Miyazaki's Best Friend

All I can say is one of the first things I do when checking an unknown anime title is run up a google image search. That gives a lot of info quickly and I often decide to watch or not watch based on character designs, background art, general mood and setting of the images... and what I saw in this search didn't impress me. I suppose some of it could be fanart. You can find some pretty explicit fanart based off the most conservative middle-of-the-road harmless anime.

Maybe I'm just biased. I haven't much interest in fantasy anime with big swords and fighting and such.

Post last edited by Saddletank on 02.19.2015, 09:14 PM.

02.19.2015, 09:13 PM Saddletank is offline   Profile for Saddletank Add Saddletank to your buddy list Send an Email to Saddletank
Kazegami
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Could be fan art and could be the game art as well, remember. Having searched myself I can see why you might be put off, but as I've said, I really think it's worth looking at. Don't judge it so hastily; it's not what I was expecting going into it. Too much action and constant fighting is as boring to me as it is to the next person.

My Anime List

02.19.2015, 09:37 PM Kazegami is offline   Profile for Kazegami Add Kazegami to your buddy list
Saddletank
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Thanks. I'll put it on my (long) list!

02.20.2015, 08:50 AM Saddletank is offline   Profile for Saddletank Add Saddletank to your buddy list Send an Email to Saddletank
Kazegami
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Not at all, I hope you'll like it when you get around to seeing it. I'll be sure to say here if it lives up to the promise it's showing. Might watch a little more tonight...

My Anime List

02.20.2015, 09:29 PM Kazegami is offline   Profile for Kazegami Add Kazegami to your buddy list
husky51
The Old Guy

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by husky51 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

I found a Shingeki no Bahamut: Genesis... Is that the same one you're watching, Kaz?

02.22.2015, 12:24 PM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
Kazegami
Miyazaki's Best Friend

That's the one. ^_^

My Anime List

02.22.2015, 03:02 PM Kazegami is offline   Profile for Kazegami Add Kazegami to your buddy list
husky51
The Old Guy

I'll watch a few more eps and give you my thoughts on it.

02.22.2015, 04:19 PM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
husky51
The Old Guy

Watched 4 eps of "Tokyo Majin" and I must say that I don't particularily care for it... Too much apparently random violence and Zombies!!! All the zombies are basically the same...

03.02.2015, 02:37 PM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
Roarkiller
Your Daddy-O

Registration Date: 06.03.03
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Roarkiller Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Jus dropping here to say that I just realized I haven't watched anime for over a week. The last one I watched was Zankyou no Terror.

I'm getting Assasination Classroom, but having read the manga from release day to now, I have to say I don't feel like watching the animated version of deep an impression the manga already has on me. In a way it's the same reason I haven't watched Monster yet even though I highly, highly recommend the manga.

Jus ranting.

No one else is me.

Roarkiller.net
Isakaya High RPG Site

quote:
Originally posted by fenkashi
Screw your opinions, they are not relevant ^^.

03.04.2015, 08:40 AM Roarkiller is offline   Profile for Roarkiller Add Roarkiller to your buddy list Homepage of Roarkiller
husky51
The Old Guy

went back to Animefreak to watch some more of Shingeki no Bahamut and keep getting the run-a-round...

Some site here and others elsewhere want me to accept lengthy OK's allowing permission for who knows what...

Ilivid is one...

I am afraid to click them on...

Any ideas?

Post last edited by husky51 on 03.05.2015, 01:21 PM.

03.05.2015, 01:20 PM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
Kazegami
Miyazaki's Best Friend

I'll PM you, Husky. ^^

My Anime List

03.05.2015, 02:35 PM Kazegami is offline   Profile for Kazegami Add Kazegami to your buddy list
Saddletank
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Look! Look! The young criminal element in society!

03.05.2015, 03:59 PM Saddletank is offline   Profile for Saddletank Add Saddletank to your buddy list Send an Email to Saddletank
Roarkiller
Your Daddy-O

Registration Date: 06.03.03
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Roarkiller Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Well that's one reason I don't use streaming sites.

Maria the Virgin Witch is one heck of a strange title, and if google images were to go, as saddle uses, it's probably one people would label as NSFW, and certainly some scenes are.

The actual show and story itself, however, is anything but. It took me a few episodes in but with Maria's love interest being named Joseph, I'm guessing this is more like a take on something like the reincarnation of Mother Mary herself or something along that line.

That said, her looks look uncannily like Dragonball's Android 18 if not for the hairstyle. Heck I can't even look at Maria's face and not think of DBZ. See for yourself:

No one else is me.

Roarkiller.net
Isakaya High RPG Site

quote:
Originally posted by fenkashi
Screw your opinions, they are not relevant ^^.

03.06.2015, 10:35 AM Roarkiller is offline   Profile for Roarkiller Add Roarkiller to your buddy list Homepage of Roarkiller
[  «    ...  121  122  123  124  125  126  127  128  129  ...    »  ]   « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to:

Online Ghibli
Ghibli Tavern is powered by WoltLab, hosted by Teragon Networks