QuickLink:
Ghibli Tavern - What are you currently watching?
Home Register Frequently Asked Questions Search Members List Moderators and Administrators
Ghibli Tavern - Anime Anime in General What are you currently watching? Hello Guest [register|login]
« Previous Thread | Next Thread » Print Page | Recommend to Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Author
Post [  «    ...  122  123  124  125  126  127  128  129  130  ...    »  ]
husky51
The Old Guy

Registration Date: 03.17.08
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by husky51 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Started "Haibane Renmei" series today...

03.16.2015, 12:57 AM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
Roarkiller
Your Daddy-O

Registration Date: 06.03.03
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Roarkiller Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by husky51
Started "Haibane Renmei" series today...

Well that's old.

I wonder what other old shows I missed out. I know I didn't watch gurren lagan, scryed and ninja scrolls among other things.

No one else is me.

Roarkiller.net
Isakaya High RPG Site

quote:
Originally posted by fenkashi
Screw your opinions, they are not relevant ^^.

03.19.2015, 06:48 AM Roarkiller is offline   Profile for Roarkiller Add Roarkiller to your buddy list Homepage of Roarkiller
husky51
The Old Guy

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by husky51 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

I'm watching the 'OLD' Haibane Renmei show thru Netflix DVD'd and also watching the Shingeki no Bahamut series online...

03.19.2015, 05:00 PM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
husky51
The Old Guy

Finished Shingeki no Bahamut last night...

Not sure how I feel about the ending... So much was happening that I got lost in all the action. I may have to watch the last two eps again.

Overall, though, I enjoyed the storyline and the characters. I did have to ski[ over the opening song in each episode. It was just not for me... Too loud and wild...
The closing song was nice to listen to, though...

Thank you for the tip, Kaz...

03.24.2015, 12:44 PM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
Saddletank
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Registration Date: 09.28.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Saddletank Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Just started Amagi Brilliant Park and I'm liking it a lot. No doubt it's going to turn out to be a rom-com but hidden inside a more interesting and weird premise which looks promising. I also fell in love with the voice of Isuzu within minutes of her speaking. It's Kakuma Ai who I have not heard before but her voice is wonderful - I even thought it was Saitō Chiwa who is the voice of Bakemonogatari's Senjōgahara Hitagi (hence my interest!).

"An old man like me stands no chance fighting against a high school girl in her underwear" - Oshino Meme, Nekomonogatari (Kuro)

03.25.2015, 01:09 PM Saddletank is offline   Profile for Saddletank Add Saddletank to your buddy list Send an Email to Saddletank
Nausicaa_Cat
Baron

Registration Date: 10.02.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Nausicaa_Cat Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

I currently cant get enough of Tokyo Ghoul <3

It's been a long time since I felt this can't-stop-watching feeling with an anime. I'd really, really recommend it to people!

There's some bad language and a lot of violence so it may not be for the faint-hearted. I think it does a really good job combining action with some pretty heartfelt drama.

03.25.2015, 04:53 PM Nausicaa_Cat is offline   Profile for Nausicaa_Cat Add Nausicaa_Cat to your buddy list
arren18
Administrator

Registration Date: 08.15.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by arren18 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Amagi Brilliant Park is pretty fun. It doesn't actually delve very far into rom-com, but at the same time don't expect the plot to be advanced much. Overall it's an entertaining show, and if you like it now you'll probably continue liking it.

03.26.2015, 06:35 AM arren18 is offline   Profile for arren18 Add arren18 to your buddy list Homepage of arren18
husky51
The Old Guy

Finished Haibane Renmei today... nice, easy storyline, I enjoyed it...

03.26.2015, 10:13 PM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
Saddletank
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Saddletank Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

But did you understand it? I am not entirely sure what its about.

"An old man like me stands no chance fighting against a high school girl in her underwear" - Oshino Meme, Nekomonogatari (Kuro)

03.26.2015, 10:38 PM Saddletank is offline   Profile for Saddletank Add Saddletank to your buddy list Send an Email to Saddletank
husky51
The Old Guy

Actually, now that you mention it, I didn't understand the part about where the Haibane go, but I kept wanting to go on to the next ep... Understanding the reasons for the Haibane or who or what they were, no, I have to say I didn't, but for some reason, that didn't bother me...

03.27.2015, 03:48 AM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
arren18
Administrator

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by arren18 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Just finished The Rolling Girls.

First things first, the plot is an incoherent mess. They tried to cram far too many subplots into 12 episodes so I could never quite keep track of them, and plenty of likeable characters didn't get a chance to shine because too much was going on all at once.

On the other hand, it had nice visuals, a great soundtrack and a generally fun premise. The story is hard to follow and it is frustrating not to see more character development, but on the whole it is enjoyable. I recommend it if you want to watch something fun with a lot of surprises, but just be aware that it's kind of confusing.

03.29.2015, 06:12 PM arren18 is offline   Profile for arren18 Add arren18 to your buddy list Homepage of arren18
Saddletank
Miyazaki's Best Friend

I do wonder why some anime that need 26 eps get given 13 while many that need only 13 get given 26... or even more. Far too many anime are made that could be twice as good if they were half the length.

Sounds like Rolling Girls needed to be longer and spread a bit thinner.

03.29.2015, 06:22 PM Saddletank is offline   Profile for Saddletank Add Saddletank to your buddy list Send an Email to Saddletank
Nausicaa_Cat
Baron

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Nausicaa_Cat Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

This isn't anime (though it involves the magical girl trope!) but anyone who enjoys shows like Adventure Time, should check out Steven Universe. I actually prefer it to AT and think it has a lot more depth. Plus some kickass songs.

It's about magic 'gem' guardians who protect planet earth from magical disasters whilst raising a half-gem half-human boy. It's very laidback and cute.

03.31.2015, 09:51 AM Nausicaa_Cat is offline   Profile for Nausicaa_Cat Add Nausicaa_Cat to your buddy list
arren18
Administrator

Whoa whoa let's not bad-mouth Adventure Time! It has plenty depth. Anyway, I have been thinking of watching Steven Universe for a while. It looks neat and the people who produce it seem to have very varied influences.

03.31.2015, 02:56 PM arren18 is offline   Profile for arren18 Add arren18 to your buddy list Homepage of arren18
Nausicaa_Cat
Baron

Ahh I'm not saying Adventure Time is bad at all! And to be fair, I haven't seen a lot of the later series, which from what I understand become a bit deeper.

Maybe it's just that the themes in SU appeal to me more, for various reasons, rather than it's deeper necessarily

03.31.2015, 04:29 PM Nausicaa_Cat is offline   Profile for Nausicaa_Cat Add Nausicaa_Cat to your buddy list
Saddletank
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Hey, we could start a "What non-anime are you watching?" thread.

Not being critical at all of this discussion in this thread but people might talk about a lot more good TV if we had such a thread.

Might go in General Discussion?

03.31.2015, 05:30 PM Saddletank is offline   Profile for Saddletank Add Saddletank to your buddy list Send an Email to Saddletank
FlareNetworkC
Totoro

Registration Date: 07.02.14
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by FlareNetworkC Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

I haven't watched a ton of cartoons lately, but I have been marathoning lots of LOST and Friends.

03.31.2015, 06:31 PM FlareNetworkC is offline   Profile for FlareNetworkC Add FlareNetworkC to your buddy list
arren18
Administrator

quote:
Originally posted by Nausicaa_Cat
Ahh I'm not saying Adventure Time is bad at all! And to be fair, I haven't seen a lot of the later series, which from what I understand become a bit deeper.

Maybe it's just that the themes in SU appeal to me more, for various reasons, rather than it's deeper necessarily

It's cool, I know you didn't mean it like that. You should definitely watch more of it though!

Saddles - sounds like a good idea! We talk about films but not TV, so that kind of thread is something we could do with.

04.01.2015, 04:12 PM arren18 is offline   Profile for arren18 Add arren18 to your buddy list Homepage of arren18
Kazegami
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Registration Date: 08.19.07
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Kazegami Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

I started Aldnoah.Zero, that's good so far. It's very much in the vein of Kakumeiki Valvrave and Code Geass.

I also started Noragami; would have done so sooner if I'd known Yato was the main character.

In the latter half of Shingeki no Bahamut; it's still good but not quite delivering on the promise of the first episodes.

Next up I'm thinking Tokyo Ghoul and possibly Hyouka. I've forgotten what Hyouka is about, but I remember being interested in seeing it.

I should finish Gekkan Shoujo Nozaki-kun some time; left off around episode nine.

My Anime List

Post last edited by Kazegami on 04.08.2015, 04:56 AM.

04.08.2015, 04:55 AM Kazegami is offline   Profile for Kazegami Add Kazegami to your buddy list
Saddletank
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Hyouka is very sweet and cute, but it seems to be mostly a vehicle to display Chitanda Eru's awesome moeness. I'll forgive KyoAni for that as her eyes are so beautiful.

I think you'll like Noragami. I certainly did and its one I have in my "to watch again" list. I agree Yato is cool.

04.08.2015, 12:20 PM Saddletank is offline   Profile for Saddletank Add Saddletank to your buddy list Send an Email to Saddletank
[  «    ...  122  123  124  125  126  127  128  129  130  ...    »  ]   « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to:

Online Ghibli
Ghibli Tavern is powered by WoltLab, hosted by Teragon Networks