QuickLink:
Ghibli Tavern - What are you currently watching?
Home Register Frequently Asked Questions Search Members List Moderators and Administrators
Ghibli Tavern » - Anime » Anime in General » What are you currently watching? » Hello Guest [register|login]
« Previous Thread | Next Thread » Print Page | Recommend to Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Author
Post [  «    ...  120  121  122  123  124  125  126  127  128  ...    »  ]
Kazegami
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Registration Date: 08.19.07
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Kazegami Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

I started watching Gekkan Shoujo Nozaki-kun. It's really fun. Mikorin is such a dork. XD

Oh, and I finished watching Free this morning. I ended up really underwhelmed by it. The last couple of episodes especially just felt like a lot of shouting and melodrama with little substance...

My Anime List

11.29.2014, 08:11 PM Kazegami is offline   Profile for Kazegami Add Kazegami to your buddy list
Roarkiller
Your Daddy-O

Registration Date: 06.03.03
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Roarkiller Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Sakasama no Patema is a movie that's been on my list a very long time. It's a similar setting to the movie Upside Down where two societies exist, except one of them is living in an upside down manner. It's a romance adventure genre so it's a pretty light movie.

Also, finally started Psycho Pass 2 and Mushishi 2. The story for the former is just as gripping although the freshness of the show has waned somewhat. Mushishi, as always, doesn't disappoint

No one else is me.

Roarkiller.net
Isakaya High RPG Site

quote:
Originally posted by fenkashi
Screw your opinions, they are not relevant ^^.

12.06.2014, 12:29 AM Roarkiller is offline   Profile for Roarkiller Add Roarkiller to your buddy list Homepage of Roarkiller
arren18
Administrator

Registration Date: 08.15.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by arren18 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

I watched the first episode of Yuri Kuma Arashi. It's as strange and confusing as I expected really. I've no idea how it'll end up but I'm intrigued.

Other shows I'll try this season are the second season of Durarara!! and The Rolling Girls.

01.11.2015, 12:06 PM arren18 is offline   Profile for arren18 Add arren18 to your buddy list Homepage of arren18
Koda
Ohmu

Registration Date: 07.09.13
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Koda Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

I have started watching Fairy Tail up to Episode 25, really enjoying it but Netflix only has season 1 . Season 2 Part 1 is available on DVD and Blu Ray here in the UK, but no further.

01.16.2015, 08:32 PM Koda is offline   Profile for Koda Add Koda to your buddy list Send an Email to Koda
fenkashi
Dibs on Supreme Overlord

Registration Date: 08.12.07
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by fenkashi Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Death Parade... watched the first episode. It's kinda weird. When people die, they end up at this bar where they play a game to decide who goes to heaven and who goes to hell. I want to see where it goes with the main cast.

I also want to try the new Durarara and the second season of Aldnoah. Other than that, not really sure.

Still watching Shigatsu wa Kimi no Uso, which has moved onto a new and pretty depressing arc with hospitals and illnesses it seems.

01.16.2015, 11:26 PM fenkashi is offline   Profile for fenkashi Add fenkashi to your buddy list
husky51
The Old Guy

Registration Date: 03.17.08
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by husky51 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Watching Kimichu starting tomorrow when it arrives... That and Nausicaa...

01.16.2015, 11:30 PM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
Kazegami
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Kazegami Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

I started watching Akame ga Kill; I haven't finished Gekkan Shoujo Nozaki-kun yet but I wanted something more dark and serious. Hmm... it's not nearly as good as I was expecting. I'm quite bored by it so far. It yoyos back and forth, back and forth between really dark and grim to silly comedy and fanservice. The characters are boring clichés. If it doesn't improve in another couple of episodes, I'll drop it.

My Anime List

01.31.2015, 12:59 AM Kazegami is offline   Profile for Kazegami Add Kazegami to your buddy list
arren18
Administrator

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by arren18 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Yeah, I remember before it started (and while it was still in its early episodes), I thought Akame ga Kill sounded potentially exciting, but then over time it came across as dumber and dumber, so I decided against trying it out.

So now I'm watching all three of the shows I mentioned in the last post. So far so good! There are others this season I might check out, but I'm not sure yet.

01.31.2015, 07:28 AM arren18 is offline   Profile for arren18 Add arren18 to your buddy list Homepage of arren18
Roarkiller
Your Daddy-O

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Roarkiller Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Rolling Girls is a little hard for me to digest even after only five minutes. Is there anything worth watching this season? There really hasn't been much that peaked my interest, or maybe I'm just getting old or/and busy.

No one else is me.

Roarkiller.net
Isakaya High RPG Site

quote:

02.01.2015, 10:25 AM Roarkiller is offline   Profile for Roarkiller Add Roarkiller to your buddy list Homepage of Roarkiller
arren18
Administrator

If you get past the first five minutes it gets easier. I imaging what you saw was the complicated backstory, which doesn't come into it all that much really.

Apart from that, watch the new DRRR!! if you saw the original series, and Yuri Kuma Arashi if you liked Penguindrum. I haven't seen anything else yet, so I can't vouch for other shows.

On the other hand, looks like I'll be very busy during the spring season...

02.01.2015, 10:40 AM arren18 is offline   Profile for arren18 Add arren18 to your buddy list Homepage of arren18
husky51
The Old Guy

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by husky51 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by arren18

On the other hand, looks like I'll be very busy during the spring season...

Ya think???

lol

02.01.2015, 03:07 PM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
fenkashi
Dibs on Supreme Overlord

Registration Date: 08.12.07
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by fenkashi Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Haha this season is defs lacking. I hadn't even heard of Yuri Kuma Arashi... will go check that out. Thanks for the heads up, arren!

02.01.2015, 03:31 PM fenkashi is offline   Profile for fenkashi Add fenkashi to your buddy list
Saddletank
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Registration Date: 09.28.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Saddletank Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Nagato Yuki!

*does a man squeeee thing*

Is there a similar page anywhere for this autumn/winters season - the one running now? I don't know if I ever saw a list.

"An old man like me stands no chance fighting against a high school girl in her underwear" - Oshino Meme, Nekomonogatari (Kuro)

Post last edited by Saddletank on 02.01.2015, 03:55 PM.

02.01.2015, 03:54 PM Saddletank is offline   Profile for Saddletank Add Saddletank to your buddy list Send an Email to Saddletank
Skovgaard
Ohmu

Registration Date: 08.29.09
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Skovgaard Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Not the same, but a view over the winter 2015 season.

Anime winter 2015

02.01.2015, 04:31 PM Skovgaard is offline   Profile for Skovgaard Add Skovgaard to your buddy list Send an Email to Skovgaard
husky51
The Old Guy

Nice to see you again, Skovgaard...

02.01.2015, 09:04 PM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
Saddletank
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Registration Date: 09.28.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Saddletank Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Thank you Skovgaard.

"An old man like me stands no chance fighting against a high school girl in her underwear" - Oshino Meme, Nekomonogatari (Kuro)

02.02.2015, 08:35 AM Saddletank is offline   Profile for Saddletank Add Saddletank to your buddy list Send an Email to Saddletank
Roarkiller
Your Daddy-O

Sound! Euphonium is the one a lot of people are looking forward to, which is really kinda expected considering their recent success with K-On, Chuunibyou series and Kyoukai no Kanata.

Also, Lupin. YEAH BABY

No one else is me.

Roarkiller.net
Isakaya High RPG Site

quote:

02.04.2015, 10:42 AM Roarkiller is offline   Profile for Roarkiller Add Roarkiller to your buddy list Homepage of Roarkiller
Kailee Brambani
Kodama

Registration Date: 12.05.14
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Kailee Brambani Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

I'm currently watching Marmalade Boy. I read the manga and thought it was good so I decided to try watching the anime version. I'm getting a little bit bored though and I'm only on episode 25. I've also been re-watching Hell Teacher Nube. I'm watching anime that I've seen as a kid so I can watch it in a different perspective.

02.06.2015, 11:09 PM Kailee Brambani is offline   Profile for Kailee Brambani Add Kailee Brambani to your buddy list
Kazegami
Miyazaki's Best Friend

I just started watching Makai Ouji: Devils and Realist.

This... is my jam. I'm going to enjoy this.

Angels, demons, thinly-veiled BL? Yes please.

My Anime List

02.07.2015, 05:23 PM Kazegami is offline   Profile for Kazegami Add Kazegami to your buddy list
Kazegami
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Well, finished Makai Ouji. Laaame ending. It was enjoyable while it lasted, but just went to pot at the end... Lol, the budget must really have been getting low; during one of the battle scenes they literally just played the exact same sequence three times in a row, at least. It was so blatant.

In the end, I gave it a 6/10. Maybe a 5.

My Anime List

02.12.2015, 08:22 PM Kazegami is offline   Profile for Kazegami Add Kazegami to your buddy list
[  «    ...  120  121  122  123  124  125  126  127  128  ...    »  ]   « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to:

Online Ghibli
Ghibli Tavern is powered by WoltLab, hosted by Teragon Networks