QuickLink:
Ghibli Tavern - What are you currently watching?
Home Register Frequently Asked Questions Search Members List Moderators and Administrators
Ghibli Tavern » - Anime » Anime in General » What are you currently watching? » Hello Guest [register|login]
« Previous Thread | Next Thread » Print Page | Recommend to Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Author
Post [  «    ...  116  117  118  119  120  121  122  123  124  ...    »  ]
Roarkiller
Your Daddy-O

Registration Date: 06.03.03
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Roarkiller Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

So I decided to actually bother to search for the actual summer anime list: Link

Ao Haru Ride is by Production IG, so I'm catching that. Past the other few obvious titles, Zankyou no Terror and Tokyo ESP look promising.

No one else is me.

Roarkiller.net
Isakaya High RPG Site

quote:
Originally posted by fenkashi
Screw your opinions, they are not relevant ^^.

05.31.2014, 11:03 PM Roarkiller is offline   Profile for Roarkiller Add Roarkiller to your buddy list Homepage of Roarkiller
arren18
Administrator

Registration Date: 08.15.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by arren18 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Oh, I didn't realise the summer lineup was so certain already. I'm not sure about what I'd want to watch. Some might be interesting, but it doesn't sound like an especially strong season. I'll probably check out Sailor Moon at least.

06.01.2014, 01:50 AM arren18 is offline   Profile for arren18 Add arren18 to your buddy list Homepage of arren18
Nausicaa_Cat
Baron

Registration Date: 10.02.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Nausicaa_Cat Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by Roarkiller
So I decided to actually bother to search for the actual summer anime list: Link

Ao Haru Ride is by Production IG, so I'm catching that. Past the other few obvious titles, Zankyou no Terror and Tokyo ESP look promising.

I'm a massive fan of the manga of Ao Haru Ride! It has a really pretty art style, so hopefully that will transition well to anime. I also feel like though it doesn't do anything particularly new with the shoujo genre, the characters are all extremely likeable.

I'm thinking perhaps Glasslip and Tokyo ESP.

06.01.2014, 07:45 AM Nausicaa_Cat is offline   Profile for Nausicaa_Cat Add Nausicaa_Cat to your buddy list
Roarkiller
Your Daddy-O

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Roarkiller Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Well Glasslip sounds similar to Tamayura, which was kinda boring. IMO it's hard for slice-of-life genres to beat the Aria series which set the bar rather high, so.

@arren: Sailormoon? Really?

No one else is me.

Roarkiller.net
Isakaya High RPG Site

quote:

06.01.2014, 08:21 AM Roarkiller is offline   Profile for Roarkiller Add Roarkiller to your buddy list Homepage of Roarkiller
Saddletank
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Registration Date: 09.28.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Saddletank Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Those mentioned all sound interesting, as does Bakumatsu Rock which could be stylish, cool and funny. Main one for me though is Hanamonogatari, obviously.

"An old man like me stands no chance fighting against a high school girl in her underwear" - Oshino Meme, Nekomonogatari (Kuro)

06.01.2014, 10:29 AM Saddletank is offline   Profile for Saddletank Add Saddletank to your buddy list Send an Email to Saddletank
arren18
Administrator

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by arren18 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by Roarkiller
@arren: Sailormoon? Really?

Yes indeed! I never got into it back in the day so I'd like to see what all the fuss is about. Plus it's always intriguing when a really popular old series gets a new anime after a long time.

Post last edited by arren18 on 06.01.2014, 11:35 AM.

06.01.2014, 11:35 AM arren18 is offline   Profile for arren18 Add arren18 to your buddy list Homepage of arren18
Nausicaa_Cat
Baron

Registration Date: 10.02.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Nausicaa_Cat Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Just accidentally saw a MASSIVE Kill la Kill spoiler. That is the worst when that happens. It's my fault, I was trying to look up what the hell is the deal with Satuski and her mother (Re: Bath scene).

06.01.2014, 02:14 PM Nausicaa_Cat is offline   Profile for Nausicaa_Cat Add Nausicaa_Cat to your buddy list
arren18
Administrator

Oh no, I'm sorry about that. :/ I hope it doesn't ruin it too much. I sometimes find even if I've had something spoiled, it ends up okay because I enjoy the way it ultimately comes out. Not always though.

06.01.2014, 08:12 PM arren18 is offline   Profile for arren18 Add arren18 to your buddy list Homepage of arren18
Koda
Ohmu

Registration Date: 07.09.13
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Koda Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

I have started watching Once Upon a Time, anyone seen this series yet?

06.09.2014, 06:09 PM Koda is offline   Profile for Koda Add Koda to your buddy list Send an Email to Koda
arren18
Administrator

I'm very behind on pretty much everything I'm watching. The only shows I'm keeping up with now are Isshuukan Friends, which I really like, and Selector Infected WIXOSS, because even though it's far too slow I want to see what ends up happening. I kept up with Nisekoi and Tonari no Seki-kun, but now that they're over I'm still struggling to stay up-to-date with current shows. I think part of it is that they just aren't good enough to make me eagerly watch week after week... I may have to give up on one or two.

06.11.2014, 11:31 AM arren18 is offline   Profile for arren18 Add arren18 to your buddy list Homepage of arren18
Roarkiller
Your Daddy-O

@arren: I wasn't aware Nisekoi ended though? It's only at episode 17 so far. I have to say though that the Monogatari-esque style isn't working very well for the series, which is a shame.

Me, I'm just eagerly waiting for July and Sinonon

No one else is me.

Roarkiller.net
Isakaya High RPG Site

quote:

06.11.2014, 12:34 PM Roarkiller is offline   Profile for Roarkiller Add Roarkiller to your buddy list Homepage of Roarkiller
arren18
Administrator

Nope, 20 episodes, and they've all aired. I know for sure I saw the ending.

06.11.2014, 12:58 PM arren18 is offline   Profile for arren18 Add arren18 to your buddy list Homepage of arren18
husky51
The Old Guy

Registration Date: 03.17.08
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by husky51 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Watched the movie "All.yce"... Wasn't all that thrilled with it...

06.11.2014, 10:22 PM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
Roarkiller
Your Daddy-O

quote:
Originally posted by husky51
Watched the movie "All.yce"... Wasn't all that thrilled with it...

I couldn't find anything about this title. or is there a typo?

I caught up to Mahouka Koukou no Rettousei. It's in a way similar to Tokyo Raven, but the directing and pacing is far more polished and enjoyable than the latter. I quite recommend it.

No one else is me.

Roarkiller.net
Isakaya High RPG Site

quote:

06.14.2014, 09:38 AM Roarkiller is offline   Profile for Roarkiller Add Roarkiller to your buddy list Homepage of Roarkiller
husky51
The Old Guy

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by husky51 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Yes, a typo...

A.Li.ce

not greatly impressed, in fact even after finding the link, I really don't have much recollection of it at all...

edit:
OK, went to IMDb and looked it up. I remember it now, but still not impressed.

Post last edited by husky51 on 06.14.2014, 11:28 AM.

06.14.2014, 11:25 AM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
arren18
Administrator

Finished Selector Infected Wixoss. I'd heard it was getting a second season but wasn't sure, and now I know it definitely is happening. Too little happened in this season so I'm unsure about continuing. Maybe when it airs I'll see what people are saying about it first, because even though I sort of liked it, I didn't like it nearly as much as I wanted to.

Anyway, I've now seen some more in-depth previews for the summer shows, and there are quite a few new titles I think I'll check out. Ones I might try include: Tokyo Ghoul, Rail Wars (mainly for the bizarre premise - I don't really expect much from it), Aldnoah.Zero, Barakamon, Zankyou no Terror, Tokyo ESP.

06.24.2014, 03:15 AM arren18 is offline   Profile for arren18 Add arren18 to your buddy list Homepage of arren18
Roarkiller
Your Daddy-O

Well the new season starts this weekend, so I caught a few that started airing.

Tokyo Ghoul went beyond my expectations. There's a similar feel to Psycho Pass in a sense and quite a bit of gore, but the pacing and introduction to the overall setting of the series is excellently done. We have to wait for a few more episodes to do a proper rating, but I'd rate it as highly watchable for now.

Rail Wars is... well, incredibly fast paced would be putting it mildly And I mean that literally. They squeezed the entire brief outline of the training program plus final exam, first day on-the-job training and finally as full-time employees, all in a short 20 minutes. It's watchable, but I do hope they tone down the high-paced storytelling from now on.

No one else is me.

Roarkiller.net
Isakaya High RPG Site

quote:

07.05.2014, 03:03 AM Roarkiller is offline   Profile for Roarkiller Add Roarkiller to your buddy list Homepage of Roarkiller
Saddletank
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Registration Date: 09.28.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Saddletank Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Could it be a joke? Trains are fast, efficient, on time... so the story is paced likewise.

"An old man like me stands no chance fighting against a high school girl in her underwear" - Oshino Meme, Nekomonogatari (Kuro)

07.05.2014, 04:23 AM Saddletank is offline   Profile for Saddletank Add Saddletank to your buddy list Send an Email to Saddletank
arren18
Administrator

I was planning on trying out both of those. I'm pleased to hear Tokyo Ghoul is worth watching. Does Rail Wars deliver on the ridiculous nature of its premise?

07.05.2014, 05:40 AM arren18 is offline   Profile for arren18 Add arren18 to your buddy list Homepage of arren18
husky51
The Old Guy

Yes, I got to see Rail Wars and even with the fan service (which wasn't too bad), I enjoyed it...

07.06.2014, 04:31 AM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
[  «    ...  116  117  118  119  120  121  122  123  124  ...    »  ]   « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to:

Online Ghibli
Ghibli Tavern is powered by WoltLab, hosted by Teragon Networks