QuickLink:
Ghibli Tavern - What are you currently watching?
Home Register Frequently Asked Questions Search Members List Moderators and Administrators
Ghibli Tavern » - Anime » Anime in General » What are you currently watching? » Hello Guest [register|login]
« Previous Thread | Next Thread » Print Page | Recommend to Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Author
Post [  «    ...  123  124  125  126  127  128  129  130  131  ...    »  ]
arren18
Administrator

Registration Date: 08.15.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by arren18 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Noragami is definitely a good show. Having said that, I was surprised to hear that a second season is in the works, especially since the first had an anime-original ending.

Today I started KyoAni's latest, Hibike! Euphonium. Seems good so far.

04.09.2015, 02:01 PM arren18 is offline   Profile for arren18 Add arren18 to your buddy list Homepage of arren18
husky51
The Old Guy

Registration Date: 03.17.08
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by husky51 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Just started watching "Eden of the East". It's been a long time since I last saw it.

04.24.2015, 04:57 PM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
Nausicaa_Cat
Baron

Registration Date: 10.02.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Nausicaa_Cat Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by Kazegami
I come bearing a recommendation: Shingeki no Bahamut.

The quality of the animation struck me first, it's beautiful. There's an interesting story going and interesting characters too; I'm particularly liking the female lead (which is a funny twist because I was initially tempted into watching by pictures of some very handsome villains). I'm just three episodes in but I've got a really good feeling about this one. It's not being typical and I like that. Please, give it a go!

I watched this as a whole I thought it was pretty good, there were some interesting lead characters and heartfelt moments. The ending felt very rushed though...it was kind of disappointing.

04.26.2015, 07:22 PM Nausicaa_Cat is offline   Profile for Nausicaa_Cat Add Nausicaa_Cat to your buddy list
husky51
The Old Guy

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by husky51 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

It was kinda wild at the end, but I enjoyed the earlier part, Shingeki no Bahamut that is...

04.26.2015, 08:35 PM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
husky51
The Old Guy

How many eps in Eden of the East? I can only find 11...?

04.27.2015, 05:34 PM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
Saddletank
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Registration Date: 09.28.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Saddletank Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Yes, that's all. There's been three sequel movies as well.

"An old man like me stands no chance fighting against a high school girl in her underwear" - Oshino Meme, Nekomonogatari (Kuro)

04.27.2015, 06:47 PM Saddletank is offline   Profile for Saddletank Add Saddletank to your buddy list Send an Email to Saddletank
Kazegami
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Registration Date: 08.19.07
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Kazegami Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Shingeki no Bahamut didn't live up to the promise it showed. Pity.

I really need to rewatch Eden of the East, I watched it with a friend when I saw it so I was kind of distracted; my memory of it's very hazy. I know it was good, though.

My Anime List

04.27.2015, 07:16 PM Kazegami is offline   Profile for Kazegami Add Kazegami to your buddy list
husky51
The Old Guy

Well, I had a long day...

I sat and watched all 13 eps of "Sora no Method" and quite enjoyed it...

And another on the list was "Sora no Manimani" that the brief description made seem interesting...

05.04.2015, 12:26 AM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
husky51
The Old Guy

Just finished watching "Sora no Manimani", a 12 episode story primarily dealing with an Astronomy Club. When I think of the characters, I'm reminded somewhat of the "Clannad" characters... And in this one, I liked music opening and closing the episodes...

05.05.2015, 04:05 PM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
Nausicaa_Cat
Baron

Registration Date: 10.02.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Nausicaa_Cat Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

I think I'm going to give Death Parade a go....anyone else watched it? Is it worth pursuing?

05.06.2015, 05:36 PM Nausicaa_Cat is offline   Profile for Nausicaa_Cat Add Nausicaa_Cat to your buddy list
Kazegami
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Registration Date: 08.19.07
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Kazegami Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

I haven't seen it myself but I've heard good things about. In general and also from a friend of mine. I intend to watch it too at some point.

My Anime List

05.06.2015, 08:47 PM Kazegami is offline   Profile for Kazegami Add Kazegami to your buddy list
FlareNetworkC
Totoro

Registration Date: 07.02.14
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by FlareNetworkC Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

My friend thoroughly enjoyed Death Parade. Haven't seen it myself.

05.06.2015, 09:30 PM FlareNetworkC is offline   Profile for FlareNetworkC Add FlareNetworkC to your buddy list
Yay! Kiki
Baron

Registration Date: 04.06.08
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Yay! Kiki Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Rewatching Sailor Moon! It's suuuuuuuper slow, but I love it.

05.11.2015, 02:29 AM Yay! Kiki is offline   Profile for Yay! Kiki Add Yay! Kiki to your buddy list
husky51
The Old Guy

Went into a comedy anime list and found a little 4 ep story that, again, brought tears to my eyes. It was called "Ajimu: Beach Story". Quite a bit of fan stuff, but if that was overlooked a nice little story...

05.15.2015, 07:14 PM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
husky51
The Old Guy

@Kaz
hahaha, another one to thank you for mentioning... "Hyouka" I've just finished ep 5 and that was a moving episode. and there are 17 more eps to go!!! And I'm enjoying the pace and the characters and, remarkable for an anime, no fan service. Quite refreshing, really... At least so far there hasn't been any...

And I figured out the 'pun' before it was revealed in the story...

Edit:
finished it this AM... I kept saying to myself, "OK, this is the last episode and then to bed", but I kept going and going, lol. I liked the ending...

Post last edited by husky51 on 05.18.2015, 12:26 PM.

05.17.2015, 08:12 PM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
husky51
The Old Guy

Watched all 12 eps of "Noragami" today... I liked it with one exception. All the SCREAMING!!! That part is just not my 'thing'...

05.19.2015, 02:53 AM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
husky51
The Old Guy

Watched "Amagi Brilliant Park", not generally the sort of series that I would watch, but it was better than ok, IMO.

Curiously, The male lead in both Amagi... and Noragami looked identical as far as hair style. The credits were in Japanese and I couldn't tell if it was the same person for both or not..

Thought I'd watch a series that I've seen a couple of times over the years for a change. I've also read the manga series, "Chobits"...

05.19.2015, 11:49 PM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
arren18
Administrator

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by arren18 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

I don't think there's a particular connection between the staff on Amagi Brilliant Park and Noragami. They're also adaptations of different media so it seems unlikely that they would share an artist... To be honest though, in recent anime the male leads all seem to look a bit similar.

05.20.2015, 03:25 AM arren18 is offline   Profile for arren18 Add arren18 to your buddy list Homepage of arren18
Saddletank
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Registration Date: 09.28.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Saddletank Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

I like Hyouka a lot, its a differently paced and themed rom-com and has its unique place. I adore Chitanda, she's so riduclously pretty and those eyes... my word.

There is an episiode about 2/3rds the way through at the end of the sub-plot about the teacher "who liked helicopters" and you see the moment Chitanda falls in love with Oreki. You can see the exact instant in her eyes. Its a really sweet moment and one of the nicest portrayals of young love anywhere in anime.

And of course the last episode is pure win.

"An old man like me stands no chance fighting against a high school girl in her underwear" - Oshino Meme, Nekomonogatari (Kuro)

Post last edited by Saddletank on 05.20.2015, 02:58 PM.

05.20.2015, 02:57 PM Saddletank is offline   Profile for Saddletank Add Saddletank to your buddy list Send an Email to Saddletank
arren18
Administrator

Has anybody been watching any of this season's series? It seems there are quite a few popular shows.

My favourite of this season is definitely Hibike! Euphonium. The comparison that always comes up is with K-On!, and I was worried it might end up being very similar, but it seems pretty different to me (I haven't actually seen K-On! but I have a certain impression of it). Practising and performing music is genuinely what it revolves around, and while there are a lot of jokes there's also a good deal of drama. The situations and characters are surprisingly realistic too.

I'm watching a few others too. The second season of Nisekoi is more consistent than the first so far, and the Haruhi spinoff about alternate-universe Yuki is cute. Plastic Memories started strong but I'm not so sure about it now, although I have fallen behind.

And I've heard some other shows are also good, like Ore Monogatari. It seems like a strong season overall.

05.25.2015, 01:32 PM arren18 is offline   Profile for arren18 Add arren18 to your buddy list Homepage of arren18
[  «    ...  123  124  125  126  127  128  129  130  131  ...    »  ]   « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to:

Online Ghibli
Ghibli Tavern is powered by WoltLab, hosted by Teragon Networks