QuickLink:
Ghibli Tavern - What are you currently watching?
Home Register Frequently Asked Questions Search Members List Moderators and Administrators
Ghibli Tavern » - Anime » Anime in General » What are you currently watching? » Hello Guest [register|login]
« Previous Thread | Next Thread » Print Page | Recommend to Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Author
Post [  «    ...  119  120  121  122  123  124  125  126  127  ...    »  ]
jusomekid
Ohmu

Registration Date: 06.21.10
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by jusomekid Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

I'm currently watching Akame Ga Kill, Tokyo Ghoul
and Deadman Wonderland.. can't believe i never watched this before!

09.25.2014, 05:49 PM jusomekid is offline   Profile for jusomekid Add jusomekid to your buddy list
arren18
Administrator

Registration Date: 08.15.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by arren18 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

I liked Deadman Wonderland. It wasn't the most intellectual show, but the story was engrossing enough for me to read the manga afterwards. Actually, I heard the manga ended a while back so I should really finish that...

09.25.2014, 06:26 PM arren18 is offline   Profile for arren18 Add arren18 to your buddy list Homepage of arren18
husky51
The Old Guy

Registration Date: 03.17.08
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by husky51 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Watching some CGI animation shorts from Netflix... enjoyable...

09.26.2014, 12:13 AM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
Roarkiller
Your Daddy-O

Registration Date: 06.03.03
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Roarkiller Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Just watched the prologue episode for the new Fate/Stay Night. I have to say it really lives up to its promise of a better series... so far. After all, technically the series has yet to start, and obviously a one-hour special is so much better than a half-hour show.

No one else is me.

Roarkiller.net
Isakaya High RPG Site

quote:
Originally posted by fenkashi
Screw your opinions, they are not relevant ^^.

10.06.2014, 11:09 AM Roarkiller is offline   Profile for Roarkiller Add Roarkiller to your buddy list Homepage of Roarkiller
fenkashi
Dibs on Supreme Overlord

Registration Date: 08.12.07
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by fenkashi Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

I'm glad Tokyo Ghoul got a second season. Can't wait.

Akatsuki no Yona, Amagi Brilliant Park, Grisaia no Kajitsu, Gundam: G no Reconguista, Inou-Battle wa Nichijou-kei no Naka de, Kiseijuu: Sei no Kakuritsu, Ookami Shoujo to Kuro Ouji, Sora no Method, World Trigger, Trinity 7 <--- shows from this season that I have tried so far. This is what happens when I want to avoid studying ^_^

10.08.2014, 02:34 PM fenkashi is offline   Profile for fenkashi Add fenkashi to your buddy list
arren18
Administrator

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by arren18 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

How are they so far? I've kinda decided already what I'll be watching, but I'm interested in your verdict.

10.08.2014, 03:47 PM arren18 is offline   Profile for arren18 Add arren18 to your buddy list Homepage of arren18
fenkashi
Dibs on Supreme Overlord

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by fenkashi Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Well, there's nothing outstandingly good, but I'm enjoying almost everything to some extent.

Akatsuki no Yona: Kinda has that old school shoujo feel. Like a less complicated Fushigi Yuugi. I'm looking forward to watching more, and getting to the good old, female and male protagonists who antagonize each other on the road while fighting off evil forces and collecting friends. Nostalgia~

Amagi Brilliant Park: Weeeird. Like, I don't get it. The first ep was basically a tour of an amusement park. I don't dislike it, but I just wonder where the concept came from.

Grisaia no Kajitsu: Typical harem type romance, but the mystery has me hooked. I want to know what's going on with all those characters.

Gundam: G no Reconguista: Retro/funky but cartoony mecha feels. I watch gundam cause it's gundam, no other reasons really.

Inou-Battle wa Nichijou-kei no Naka de: It's cute... it's funny. Reminds me of Chuunibyou but less moe.

Kiseijuu: Sei no Kakuritsu: Bizarre alien (?) takeover of body parts and brain eating. I kinda can't look away...

Ookami Shoujo to Kuro Ouji: Shoujo~ read bits of the manga. It's very contemporary shoujo. Nothing to complain about. But nothing much to say about it either.

Sora no Method: It's cute~ that's all I got. Reminds me of AnoHana with a group of friends who separated due to a character leaving and now she's back.

World Trigger: This one is intriguing. Alien character or whatever is awesome. I want to know more about him. And the other main character is such a good guy.

Trinity 7: No idea why I'm watching this one actually. It's so generic harem but with alternate reality and Matrix feels, fantasy style. Idk.

Which ones are you watching?

10.09.2014, 02:08 AM fenkashi is offline   Profile for fenkashi Add fenkashi to your buddy list
arren18
Administrator

I haven't started anything yet, but I was planning on checking out Amagi and Inou-Battle. Both could easily go wrong, but they sound like they could be pretty funny.

10.09.2014, 05:39 AM arren18 is offline   Profile for arren18 Add arren18 to your buddy list Homepage of arren18
husky51
The Old Guy

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by husky51 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

quote:
Kiseijuu: Sei no Kakuritsu: Bizarre alien (?) takeover of body parts and brain eating. I kinda can't look away...

brain eating!!!

Oh, Noes!!! fen has turned into a zombie!!!! I knew she shouldn't have gone to DC...

lol

10.09.2014, 11:25 AM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
arren18
Administrator

Started Amaburi yesterday. The second episode was a bit unexciting, but in general, so far so good.

10.20.2014, 03:40 PM arren18 is offline   Profile for arren18 Add arren18 to your buddy list Homepage of arren18
fenkashi
Dibs on Supreme Overlord

Haha Husky. I've always been a zombie. DC just confirmed my zombie way of life

I watched some Shigatsu wa Kimi no Uso. Cute shounen show, with some darkish themes of childhood abuse and death that have traumatized a genius pianist, and keeps him from playing. Until he meet a girl whose love for the world and music makes things sparkly, of course~ Lovely classical music, too!

11.09.2014, 03:22 AM fenkashi is offline   Profile for fenkashi Add fenkashi to your buddy list
Nausicaa_Cat
Baron

Registration Date: 10.02.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Nausicaa_Cat Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

I've almost finished up Psycho Pass - so good! One of the few shows where I've found every episode exciting. The idea, even if not hugely original, is also well executed and the characters are likeable. I particularly enjoy the female lead, who is emotionally sensitive but uses that as a strength rather than a weakness. She's tough without being your stereotypical flashy-fighting-skills-leather-jumpsuit 'strong woman'.

11.13.2014, 08:19 PM Nausicaa_Cat is offline   Profile for Nausicaa_Cat Add Nausicaa_Cat to your buddy list
fenkashi
Dibs on Supreme Overlord

Ohh you should watch the second season once you're done. I love the direction they took with Akane ^^

11.14.2014, 12:37 AM fenkashi is offline   Profile for fenkashi Add fenkashi to your buddy list
Kazegami
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Registration Date: 08.19.07
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Kazegami Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Yeah, the characters were probably the thing I liked the most about Psycho-Pass, they were good. I had my doubts about Akane at the very beginning but she turned out just great. Nobuchika, I really appreciated him as a character too. Abundant in flaws, depth, and believability.

The latest iOS update to my iPad killed the Crunchyroll app, so now I can't watch anime and I'm sad. I see Funimation has a few series up on their YT channel though, so perhaps I'll find something there.

My Anime List

11.14.2014, 08:56 PM Kazegami is offline   Profile for Kazegami Add Kazegami to your buddy list
Roarkiller
Your Daddy-O

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Roarkiller Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

"Hill Climb Girl" is a short from Japan's Animator Expo that was briefly also available subbed on youtube before it was taken down. For those who can find it, it's quite recommended.

No one else is me.

Roarkiller.net
Isakaya High RPG Site

quote:

11.27.2014, 09:04 AM Roarkiller is offline   Profile for Roarkiller Add Roarkiller to your buddy list Homepage of Roarkiller
Saddletank
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Registration Date: 09.28.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Saddletank Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

http://animatorexpo.com/hillclimbgirl/

The middle button of the bottom 3 is for English subtitles.

"An old man like me stands no chance fighting against a high school girl in her underwear" - Oshino Meme, Nekomonogatari (Kuro)

11.27.2014, 05:00 PM Saddletank is offline   Profile for Saddletank Add Saddletank to your buddy list Send an Email to Saddletank
Roarkiller
Your Daddy-O

Oooh, I didn't know the main website has subs. Cool, now to watch the others

Edit: Me!Me!Me! is extremely NSFW. Just a warning. That said, somewhere somehow it went strange real quick. I'm still wondering if it's supposed to be something like Paprika. The girl's VA in The Dragon's Dentist is Hayashibara Megumi. I think I've watched too much NGE if I could recognize her voice so easily, haha. Carnage is also a little NSFW, but I feel that it has a the most promise if made into an actual series. Revenge is sweet after all

No one else is me.

Roarkiller.net
Isakaya High RPG Site

quote:

11.28.2014, 07:16 AM Roarkiller is offline   Profile for Roarkiller Add Roarkiller to your buddy list Homepage of Roarkiller
husky51
The Old Guy

I'm sure that I've asked this before, but have forgotten (no age jokes)...

NSFW

VA

11.28.2014, 01:07 PM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
Saddletank
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Registration Date: 09.28.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Saddletank Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Not Safe For Work (i.e. probably a bit mucky!)

Voice Actress (or Voice Actor)

"An old man like me stands no chance fighting against a high school girl in her underwear" - Oshino Meme, Nekomonogatari (Kuro)

11.28.2014, 05:30 PM Saddletank is offline   Profile for Saddletank Add Saddletank to your buddy list Send an Email to Saddletank
husky51
The Old Guy

Ah yes, I remember now... I don't work anymore so that may be why I forgot... definitely not an age problem... no, no it ain't...
I don't think so... ???

Thanks Saddles for the update...

11.28.2014, 08:41 PM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
[  «    ...  119  120  121  122  123  124  125  126  127  ...    »  ]   « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to:

Online Ghibli
Ghibli Tavern is powered by WoltLab, hosted by Teragon Networks