QuickLink:
Ghibli Tavern - #2 What's the Highlight of your Day!!!
Home Register Frequently Asked Questions Search Members List Moderators and Administrators
Ghibli Tavern » - Tavern » General Discussions » #2 What's the Highlight of your Day!!! » Hello Guest [register|login]
« Previous Thread | Next Thread » Print Page | Recommend to Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Author
Post [  «    ...  586  587  588  589  590  591  592  593  594  ...    »  ]
foreignfilmfreak
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Registration Date: 10.02.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by foreignfilmfreak Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by arren18
The way honours works is different here too. At least in Scottish universities (I think it might be different in England) most undergraduate degrees are four years. Doing all of that means it is an honours degree, though the classification can vary. I think non-honours only happens if you do a shorter programme.

Yeah, honours are only special degrees. As in, you have to maintain a certain average overall in your major. There is no need to do a minor, but you can do a double honours if you'd like. It also gets you closer and more involved with your professors and into research with them. But my marks were never good enough to make that happen. :/ I didn't know what an honours degree was before coming to university. It helps you with getting into grad school. Some of my friends are pursuing honours degrees. A lot of English students do.

But higher than an honours degree we have first class honours. I imagine your degree is somewhere close to there or what we call an honours degree.

06.09.2015, 09:17 AM foreignfilmfreak is offline   Profile for foreignfilmfreak Add foreignfilmfreak to your buddy list
husky51
The Old Guy

Registration Date: 03.17.08
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by husky51 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

@Flare:
hahahahaha....

yeah, dummy me, the day we graduated I noticed that my diploma have some different markings on it than that of another one of my classmates and I asked him about it. (sigh) He had to point out to me where it said 'with honor' in a spot in gold print in one corner, lol (sigh)

I had been on the 'Dean's List" 2 or 3 times (3.5 or higher GPA). Bear in mind that I was working full time 50-70 hours a week and raising a family at the same time. This was back in my MUCH younger days when I was capable of such feats, lol.

06.09.2015, 11:00 AM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
foreignfilmfreak
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by foreignfilmfreak Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

HL: I bought tickets to see Big Bang.

LL: I bought tickets to see Big Bang.

I'm going to wake up crying at seeing how much money I just spent on the tickets but my mom might help me covering the flight cost. It all depends now on if I can afford getting there and if my profs won't make everything due right after Thanksgiving. So I'll know by September if I can go for sure. Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!

I know it's a lot and I'm freaking out mostly over the costs, but it's something I owe to myself. I finally am improving and so are my marks. This is just a pusher for me to keep working. My early grad present to myself.

I feel I'll get to go and would regret it 100% if I didn't at least order tickets so..

Post last edited by foreignfilmfreak on 06.11.2015, 01:34 AM.

06.11.2015, 01:07 AM foreignfilmfreak is offline   Profile for foreignfilmfreak Add foreignfilmfreak to your buddy list
FlareNetworkC
Totoro

Registration Date: 07.02.14
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by FlareNetworkC Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by foreignfilmfreak

I'm going to wake up crying at seeing how much money I just spent on the tickets but my mom might help me covering the flight cost. It all depends now on if I can afford getting there and if my profs won't make everything due right after Thanksgiving. So I'll know by September if I can go for sure. Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!

I know it's a lot and I'm freaking out mostly over the costs, but it's something I owe to myself. I finally am improving and so are my marks. This is just a pusher for me to keep working. My early grad present to myself.

I feel I'll get to go and would regret it 100% if I didn't at least order tickets so..

Well, if the tickets make you happy, FFF, then it'll be worth it, so long as you're happy. Happy and healthy are the best things a person can be, IMO.

06.11.2015, 08:35 AM FlareNetworkC is offline   Profile for FlareNetworkC Add FlareNetworkC to your buddy list
husky51
The Old Guy

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by husky51 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by FlareNetworkC
quote:
Originally posted by foreignfilmfreak

Well, if the tickets make you happy, FFF, then it'll be worth it, so long as you're happy. Happy and healthy are the best things a person can be, IMO.

I agree with Flare...

=====================================

LL:
Damn it, a mouse just ran into my living room from under the screen door and I can't get at it... Good thing I have traps... BUWAHHHHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

Post last edited by husky51 on 06.11.2015, 11:44 AM.

06.11.2015, 11:42 AM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
Saddletank
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Registration Date: 09.28.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Saddletank Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

HL: Living on my own again. Been here a month now and I love it, so nice to shut the door, wear what I like, eat when I want and have my music as loud as I wish. Forgot completely how liberating it is.

"An old man like me stands no chance fighting against a high school girl in her underwear" - Oshino Meme, Nekomonogatari (Kuro)

06.11.2015, 11:45 AM Saddletank is offline   Profile for Saddletank Add Saddletank to your buddy list Send an Email to Saddletank
foreignfilmfreak
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Thanks guys. It's just super expensive. Trying to see if a friend would go with me. I'd rather just pay the 200 on my own ticket. But if my boyfriend goes he might pay half and I told him that would be good with me.

06.11.2015, 01:53 PM foreignfilmfreak is offline   Profile for foreignfilmfreak Add foreignfilmfreak to your buddy list
FlareNetworkC
Totoro

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by FlareNetworkC Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

HL: I went to a mall with my sister today, and had some delicious cheese fries! Maybe a bit simple, but still flavorful.

06.11.2015, 03:25 PM FlareNetworkC is offline   Profile for FlareNetworkC Add FlareNetworkC to your buddy list
husky51
The Old Guy

simple is sometimes the best...

06.11.2015, 04:00 PM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
Nausicaa_Cat
Baron

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Nausicaa_Cat Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

quote:
Highlight: degree classification results came out today and I got a first! I didn't really mind what I got in the end so this was a pleasant surprise. I'm not sure that means anything to people outside of the UK though.

Wowwww! That's amazing arren! I definitely won't do so well, I'm super envious congrats!

06.11.2015, 05:17 PM Nausicaa_Cat is offline   Profile for Nausicaa_Cat Add Nausicaa_Cat to your buddy list
husky51
The Old Guy

Welcome back, NC... Good to see you again...

06.11.2015, 06:03 PM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
arren18
Administrator

Registration Date: 08.15.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by arren18 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by Nausicaa_Cat
quote:
Highlight: degree classification results came out today and I got a first! I didn't really mind what I got in the end so this was a pleasant surprise. I'm not sure that means anything to people outside of the UK though.

Wowwww! That's amazing arren! I definitely won't do so well, I'm super envious congrats!

Thank you! Are you graduating soon too?

06.13.2015, 09:35 AM arren18 is offline   Profile for arren18 Add arren18 to your buddy list Homepage of arren18
foreignfilmfreak
Miyazaki's Best Friend

LL: My boyfriend moved today, and I've been pretty emotional since dropping him off at the airport.

06.13.2015, 05:53 PM foreignfilmfreak is offline   Profile for foreignfilmfreak Add foreignfilmfreak to your buddy list
husky51
The Old Guy

@FFF
Hang in there, Chicklet, this is but one of life's little "gotcha's"... Hopefully you are feeling better soon...
Woof!

06.13.2015, 06:38 PM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
FlareNetworkC
Totoro

Hopefully, you can work with a long distance relationship.

06.13.2015, 11:25 PM FlareNetworkC is offline   Profile for FlareNetworkC Add FlareNetworkC to your buddy list
Nausicaa_Cat
Baron

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Nausicaa_Cat Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Nausicaa_Cat
quote:

Thank you! Are you graduating soon too?

Yep! Just waiting for my results to roll in next week, I'm fairly certain I'll end up with a mid 2:1 though.

And thanks Husky! Though you know me, I'm always around, just lurking.

06.14.2015, 01:48 PM Nausicaa_Cat is offline   Profile for Nausicaa_Cat Add Nausicaa_Cat to your buddy list
husky51
The Old Guy

OH NO's!!!!

A Lurker is in our midst!!!!

EEK!

lol

06.14.2015, 03:11 PM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
fenkashi
Dibs on Supreme Overlord

Registration Date: 08.12.07
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by fenkashi Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

HL: every day is new and amazing. I love being in new places ^^

LL: not enough time in the day... not enough days. *sigh*

06.14.2015, 08:06 PM fenkashi is offline   Profile for fenkashi Add fenkashi to your buddy list
Yay! Kiki
Baron

Registration Date: 04.06.08
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Yay! Kiki Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

HL: I went and saw a friend today and we watched the new episode of Steven Universe! Which was! Incredible!

LL: I played a board game with that friend and it took her ten minutes a turn to make any decisions at all. It took like two hours to finish a game that usually only lasts half an hour. I love her, but I'm pretty lukewarm about board games and that just. Was not a pleasant experience.

06.16.2015, 01:25 AM Yay! Kiki is offline   Profile for Yay! Kiki Add Yay! Kiki to your buddy list
husky51
The Old Guy

Out of curiousity, what was the board game?

06.16.2015, 01:32 AM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
[  «    ...  586  587  588  589  590  591  592  593  594  ...    »  ]   « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to:

Online Ghibli
Ghibli Tavern is powered by WoltLab, hosted by Teragon Networks