QuickLink:
Ghibli Tavern - #2 What's the Highlight of your Day!!!
Home Register Frequently Asked Questions Search Members List Moderators and Administrators
Ghibli Tavern » - Tavern » General Discussions » #2 What's the Highlight of your Day!!! » Hello Guest [register|login]
« Previous Thread | Next Thread » Print Page | Recommend to Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Author
Post [  «    ...  588  589  590  591  592  593  594  595  596  ...    »  ]
Saddletank
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Registration Date: 09.28.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Saddletank Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

HL: Hot sunny weather.

"An old man like me stands no chance fighting against a high school girl in her underwear" - Oshino Meme, Nekomonogatari (Kuro)

06.29.2015, 12:28 PM Saddletank is offline   Profile for Saddletank Add Saddletank to your buddy list Send an Email to Saddletank
Kazegami
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Registration Date: 08.19.07
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Kazegami Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

You managed to get a ticket then, FFF?

LL: phone, meet lawnmower. ... Oh dear.

Needed a new one anyway. :')

My Anime List

06.29.2015, 02:00 PM Kazegami is offline   Profile for Kazegami Add Kazegami to your buddy list
foreignfilmfreak
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Registration Date: 10.02.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by foreignfilmfreak Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by Kazegami
You managed to get a ticket then, FFF?

LL: phone, meet lawnmower. ... Oh dear.

Needed a new one anyway. :')

I got a standing ticket, but I'm on my quest to find a VIP one by the time the show rolls about. x) Kind of doubt it since it's their only Canadian stop. We put out ads looking for one and I've offered to pay above price.

If not, I'll purchase a VIP ticket right away next time. I wish I'd known they would be touring sooner..

Big Bang would've been equally great, but I would've preferred purchasing a VIP ticket for the money I paid on two tickets.

EDIT: FFF at concerts that involve standing is extremely awkward and with my boyfriend it's only going to be magnified.

Post last edited by foreignfilmfreak on 06.30.2015, 01:04 AM.

06.30.2015, 01:02 AM foreignfilmfreak is offline   Profile for foreignfilmfreak Add foreignfilmfreak to your buddy list
Roarkiller
Your Daddy-O

Registration Date: 06.03.03
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Roarkiller Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Hmm, I went on hiatus again.

@saddle&husky: The thing about owning any form of motor transport in Singapore is that you never actually own it. Due to land space, the govt restricts the automobile population by way of a certificate of entitlement, or COE. And this COE is gotten by bidding, and as any economist knows, low supply equals high price. And because the number of COEsfor cars have been reduced the past few years, more have taken up riding a bike instead. Right now, a COE for a bike costs $6500, even if the bike itself only costs five grand.

Anyway, highlight time! Qualified for pokemon worlds, so I'll be in Boston in August, assuming my leave gets approved.

No one else is me.

Roarkiller.net
Isakaya High RPG Site

quote:
Originally posted by fenkashi
Screw your opinions, they are not relevant ^^.

06.30.2015, 07:22 AM Roarkiller is offline   Profile for Roarkiller Add Roarkiller to your buddy list Homepage of Roarkiller
FlareNetworkC
Totoro

Registration Date: 07.02.14
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by FlareNetworkC Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Way to go, Roar! TCG or Video Games?

06.30.2015, 09:25 AM FlareNetworkC is offline   Profile for FlareNetworkC Add FlareNetworkC to your buddy list
Roarkiller
Your Daddy-O

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Roarkiller Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Tcg foreva. I'm just horrible at vg, haha That said, my friend said the meta is pretty easy. Just mega kanga and lando-T and four random others, probably heat rotom and aegislash.

No one else is me.

Roarkiller.net
Isakaya High RPG Site

quote:

06.30.2015, 10:36 AM Roarkiller is offline   Profile for Roarkiller Add Roarkiller to your buddy list Homepage of Roarkiller
FlareNetworkC
Totoro

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by FlareNetworkC Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Yep. I enjoy competitive battling for VG, and most people dominate with Landorus-T. I enjoy stalling with Shuckle, and if it comes down to it I'll use my Togekiss to sweep. It's fun. I also like the TCG, but sadly, I was never very good at it and was never creative enough to go outside of theme decks.

HL: Was in the top 6 at Cross Country today! Very good, me!
LL: I don't really have one. Nothing really stands out as bad today.

06.30.2015, 07:25 PM FlareNetworkC is offline   Profile for FlareNetworkC Add FlareNetworkC to your buddy list
husky51
The Old Guy

Registration Date: 03.17.08
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by husky51 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

LL:
I was in the hospital again...

HL:
I am now in a rehab hosp and slowly recovering...

07.02.2015, 07:58 PM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
arren18
Administrator

Registration Date: 08.15.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by arren18 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Highlight of yesterday: I graduated!

Lowlight of today: I stressed myself out after the ceremony to scan my diploma and send it to my employers in Japan so that I could know when I'm going, but it turned out it was a wasted effort. I have to keep waiting to see when I'll be able to start.

07.03.2015, 02:39 PM arren18 is online   Profile for arren18 Add arren18 to your buddy list Homepage of arren18
FlareNetworkC
Totoro

LL: Although this pales in comparison to Husky (Hope you're feeling better!) I've been sick with a fever since Wednesday. Not fun.

Also, yay Arren! Time to get started on the path of life.

07.03.2015, 03:16 PM FlareNetworkC is offline   Profile for FlareNetworkC Add FlareNetworkC to your buddy list
Kazegami
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Registration Date: 08.19.07
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Kazegami Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Congratulations, Arren!

HL: I just saw the announcement that the D.Gray-man manga will be continuining serialisation. I AM SO EXCITED. I A M S O E X C I T E D. How many years have I waited...? Too many.

My Anime List

07.03.2015, 05:49 PM Kazegami is offline   Profile for Kazegami Add Kazegami to your buddy list
husky51
The Old Guy

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by husky51 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

congrats arren....

hope you're feeling better soon, Flare...

D.Gray Man... Now where have I heard if that name before???

07.03.2015, 06:09 PM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
husky51
The Old Guy

HL:
I've passed the 10,000 mark, now I don't have it to think about any more...

07.05.2015, 11:44 AM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
FlareNetworkC
Totoro

Congrats, Husky!

HL: Well, my fever broke!
LL: And just as it did, I get infected with pink eye. Urgh.

07.05.2015, 02:42 PM FlareNetworkC is offline   Profile for FlareNetworkC Add FlareNetworkC to your buddy list
foreignfilmfreak
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by foreignfilmfreak Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

WL: One of my real life friends is heading to Japan soon with his girlfriend and he's going to a rock festival where 80% of my favourite Japanese bands will be performing. ;A;

So. Jelly.

Also, boyfriend is currently on his flight back home. And he's stopping in Japan for a day. T A T

07.05.2015, 07:37 PM foreignfilmfreak is offline   Profile for foreignfilmfreak Add foreignfilmfreak to your buddy list
Yay! Kiki
Baron

Registration Date: 04.06.08
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Yay! Kiki Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

HL: I found out that I'm going to get to go to the big fair thing my town does! It's not like a county fair, though. No ferris wheels. Just a loooooot of hippies (it's fun though!).

LL: My body hurts for no reason and my boyfriend and I are going to have to share a twin bed for the next four days????? It's been pretty consistently ninety degrees out lately, which is waaayyyyy too hot to share such a tiny bed with someone. And it's just too small! I'm not going to get any sleep at all!

07.05.2015, 08:40 PM Yay! Kiki is offline   Profile for Yay! Kiki Add Yay! Kiki to your buddy list
foreignfilmfreak
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Haha, most of the time my boyfriend and I share a tiny twin sized bed. I'm one who likes to conserve space in bedrooms so the tinier the bed the better. Needless to say, he's not a large fan of them. I sleep just fine with him or friends sleeping with me, plus pets. XD

But I'm used to sleeping anywhere. Back home, I don't have my room anymore. So I just slept mostly on uncomfortable fold out sofas or air mattresses. Sometimes chairs.

07.05.2015, 10:33 PM foreignfilmfreak is offline   Profile for foreignfilmfreak Add foreignfilmfreak to your buddy list
husky51
The Old Guy

hahaha, I sleep all by my lonesome in my little twin bed... so nice...

07.05.2015, 11:15 PM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
Saddletank
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Registration Date: 09.28.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Saddletank Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Great news Arren! Wishing and hoping all the best for your chosen career. Are you still on the JET programme?

"An old man like me stands no chance fighting against a high school girl in her underwear" - Oshino Meme, Nekomonogatari (Kuro)

07.06.2015, 03:06 AM Saddletank is offline   Profile for Saddletank Add Saddletank to your buddy list Send an Email to Saddletank
Roarkiller
Your Daddy-O

@FFF: I just sleep on the floor, but hey.

No one else is me.

Roarkiller.net
Isakaya High RPG Site

quote:

07.06.2015, 07:37 AM Roarkiller is offline   Profile for Roarkiller Add Roarkiller to your buddy list Homepage of Roarkiller
[  «    ...  588  589  590  591  592  593  594  595  596  ...    »  ]   « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to:

Online Ghibli
Ghibli Tavern is powered by WoltLab, hosted by Teragon Networks