QuickLink:
Ghibli Tavern - #2 What's the Highlight of your Day!!!
Home Register Frequently Asked Questions Search Members List Moderators and Administrators
Ghibli Tavern » - Tavern » General Discussions » #2 What's the Highlight of your Day!!! » Hello Guest [register|login]
« Previous Thread | Next Thread » Print Page | Recommend to Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Author
Post [  «    ...  564  565  566  567  568  569  570  571  572  ...    »  ]
Roarkiller
Your Daddy-O

Registration Date: 06.03.03
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Roarkiller Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Haven't tried rabbit, now that you mentioned it. I heard it's a fatty meat, or was that duck?

On dryness, I'd say it affects chicken too, so it's more to do with a bad cook than bad ingredients. That said, the drumsticks served at my company's annual dinner was WHOA good

No one else is me.

Roarkiller.net
Isakaya High RPG Site

quote:
Originally posted by fenkashi
Screw your opinions, they are not relevant ^^.

12.25.2014, 02:06 AM Roarkiller is offline   Profile for Roarkiller Add Roarkiller to your buddy list Homepage of Roarkiller
arren18
Administrator

Registration Date: 08.15.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by arren18 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

I'm with Saddles on duck vs turkey. To me, duck is the moist delicious one and turkey is the dry boring one. And for that reason my family hasn't eaten turkey for Christmas dinner in many years. We usually have duck or pork of some sort. I think rabbit is quite different in flavour though!

Highlight: it's Christmas morning! Looking forward to eating everything.

12.25.2014, 06:01 AM arren18 is offline   Profile for arren18 Add arren18 to your buddy list Homepage of arren18
Saddletank
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Registration Date: 09.28.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Saddletank Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

HL: Christmas morning! Food! Family! Fun!

"An old man like me stands no chance fighting against a high school girl in her underwear" - Oshino Meme, Nekomonogatari (Kuro)

12.25.2014, 08:25 AM Saddletank is offline   Profile for Saddletank Add Saddletank to your buddy list Send an Email to Saddletank
husky51
The Old Guy

Registration Date: 03.17.08
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by husky51 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

YES!!!

Dim sum for breakfast....

And I don't know what they have planned for tonight's Christmas dinner.

But all to the good, lol...

Have a jolly day, everyone...

HO! HO! HO!

12.25.2014, 11:39 AM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
husky51
The Old Guy

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by husky51 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

HL:

Home again, Home again, happy I am

Had a great visit with my sister and her husband. traffic home wasn't bad except for the last 10 of 15 miles... partially from an auto/big rig collision (no one injured)...Now to recover, lol, from my visit.

(edit)
Oh, yeah, had Christmas dinner at a place called 'Villa's' over in Westwood with a group of 16 friends, some of whom I knew. Within our family group we had four different plates and sampled each others choices. So I had Lamb Shank, Braised Ribs, Duck and Prime Rib. I didn't bother with the Prime Rib because I know what that tastes like, but I did share my choice with my brother-in-law anyway. A lot of conversation and good cheer, I had one glass of red wine. I did like the duck this time and wished that I had taken that instead of what I did take, Braised Ribs...

Then to home (sister's) for an evening of rest...

Post last edited by husky51 on 12.27.2014, 01:02 PM.

12.27.2014, 12:53 PM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
arren18
Administrator

Registration Date: 08.15.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by arren18 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Lowlight: just not been feeling so great the last couple of days... Christmas itself was fun but I've felt a bit moody since.

12.27.2014, 07:12 PM arren18 is offline   Profile for arren18 Add arren18 to your buddy list Homepage of arren18
Saddletank
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Saddletank Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

HL: Snuhr!

"An old man like me stands no chance fighting against a high school girl in her underwear" - Oshino Meme, Nekomonogatari (Kuro)

12.27.2014, 08:36 PM Saddletank is offline   Profile for Saddletank Add Saddletank to your buddy list Send an Email to Saddletank
Kazegami
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Registration Date: 08.19.07
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Kazegami Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

LL: no snuhr! :c

My Anime List

12.27.2014, 10:16 PM Kazegami is offline   Profile for Kazegami Add Kazegami to your buddy list
Roarkiller
Your Daddy-O

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Roarkiller Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by Kazegami

But... you live in a world of pure imagination! *points to profile*

No one else is me.

Roarkiller.net
Isakaya High RPG Site

quote:

12.28.2014, 01:02 AM Roarkiller is offline   Profile for Roarkiller Add Roarkiller to your buddy list Homepage of Roarkiller
foreignfilmfreak
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Registration Date: 10.02.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by foreignfilmfreak Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

There isn't any snow here either. It's been a particularly mild winter. At least compared to last year. Last year was a crazy one.

WL: Missing plane. Kinda weird considering a guy from school was just traveling to Singapore from Indonesia a few days ago but he's back in Indonesia now. This seems more weather related. Still pretty sad since the outcome isn't known yet.

I'm not really fearful of traveling now. It's just been a pretty unfortunate year for the missing planes (who also happen to be from Malaysian owned companies, which causes me to awkwardly laugh because I might be moving to Malaysia). I'm more surprised that people can't tell that Indonesia and Malaysia are two different countries. The company might be Malaysian based but yeah..

12.28.2014, 11:37 AM foreignfilmfreak is offline   Profile for foreignfilmfreak Add foreignfilmfreak to your buddy list
husky51
The Old Guy

quote:
Originally posted by Kazegami

Nor here, but almost cold enough.

12.28.2014, 11:38 AM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
foreignfilmfreak
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by foreignfilmfreak Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

LL: I didn't do well in an English course. I got 1-2% less than needed to use the credit towards my degree. This isn't the first time this has happened with an English course I needed and I feel so sick and tired. I know I should have tried and done more. I just felt so overwhelmed. Now I'm freaking out if I can graduate on time because my school cut a lot of the English courses this semester. There are none being offered online to take and my schedule conflicts too much...

12.29.2014, 09:40 AM foreignfilmfreak is offline   Profile for foreignfilmfreak Add foreignfilmfreak to your buddy list
Roarkiller
Your Daddy-O

HL: Bought a casio F-91W, really vintage model. Possibly the best purchase I made this year. At 20g, I almost can't feel its weight on my wrist. The light is lacking obviously, but it won't be used too much anyway.

No one else is me.

Roarkiller.net
Isakaya High RPG Site

quote:

12.31.2014, 07:14 AM Roarkiller is offline   Profile for Roarkiller Add Roarkiller to your buddy list Homepage of Roarkiller
foreignfilmfreak
Miyazaki's Best Friend

LL: My roommate decided since she was no longer living at the apartment despite still being on the lease and moving out last minute that it would be totally okay to just shut the power off on me... in the middle of winter... because she no longer wants to be responsible for the place.

She's still paying rent and she can't just do this to me last minute and expect me to be totally fine. When I called her out on it nicely she got nasty with me. So my boyfriend texted her from my number and wrote as plainly and civilly as possible. Nope, that ticked her off to write long messages of all my faults and problems. If she had just discussed shutting the power off with me and we'd tried to transfer it over to me, then this issue would not have happened. Instead she just wants to get away with this and told me she thought she was doing me a favour anyway since I'd have to put it in my name later (this part seriously upsets me because now I can't put my future roommate on the bill and have to pay extra to turn it back on. There was no consideration of what I was planning on doing bills wise).

I complained about this on twitter, which was stupid but normally if I make stupid tweets I go and delete them a little while later. Well, she snooped and went on my twitter which she does not follow and called me out on it. I deactivated my account. I had no idea she knew my account as most people don't. She knew I would probably complain and went ahead just so she could be more aggressive with me.

Worst yet, I'm sick. I've been having a sore throat and feel fevered and might be losing my voice. The power company isn't letting me set up an account because the numbers she gave me for our power aren't working. I feel stuck. She knows I'm still living there.

I feel worried since I notified my landlady what happened how she will respond. But it's not like she wouldn't realize something weird was up with the power being shut off in the middle of winter right before the semester starts. Some threads online say telling your landlady this might not be the smartest decision but if I didn't I won't get power back for like a week. I mean, I can't just tell her everything is fine and dandy and that my roommate decided to turn the power off. It was through her that I even found out my roommate was transferring universities.

If my roommate had just told me what she was planning a lot sooner, I could have found a replacement for her. But nope, that's not what she did at all. Ugh I can't believe she expects me to be completely fine with all this and that it's my fault, not hers.

Post last edited by foreignfilmfreak on 01.02.2015, 08:13 AM.

01.02.2015, 08:03 AM foreignfilmfreak is offline   Profile for foreignfilmfreak Add foreignfilmfreak to your buddy list
Roarkiller
Your Daddy-O

Wow. Really sorry to hear that, and in the new year at that. Hey, some people are totally self-serving.

Hope the issue gets resolved soon.

No one else is me.

Roarkiller.net
Isakaya High RPG Site

quote:

01.02.2015, 09:37 AM Roarkiller is offline   Profile for Roarkiller Add Roarkiller to your buddy list Homepage of Roarkiller
Saddletank
Miyazaki's Best Friend

FFF *huggies*

That is ridiculous. There are some incredibly thoughtless, selfish dicks out there

01.02.2015, 11:51 AM Saddletank is offline   Profile for Saddletank Add Saddletank to your buddy list Send an Email to Saddletank
husky51
The Old Guy

Hoping that the best comes through for you, FFF

BIG HUGS!

01.02.2015, 12:46 PM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
foreignfilmfreak
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Thank you, everyone. ^^ Power company sorted it out. The representative we called waived any fees and canceled the disconnection. It's all in my name now though. They couldn't understand why she'd call and cancel on me when I'm still on the bill. My landlady emailed her and told her to cancel the order or postpone it. She was really helpful in her message to me.

It bugs me though that my roommate went and snooped my twitter account when she doesn't even have one. It's silly of me to have complained on there, but honestly I was upset and thought it was the one account of mine she would not find. I'll make a new one soon that I'll privatize.

01.02.2015, 05:29 PM foreignfilmfreak is offline   Profile for foreignfilmfreak Add foreignfilmfreak to your buddy list
Saddletank
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Not knowing the person but it sounds like she isn't 100% right in the head. Maybe she didn't like you and just never mentioned it. That Twitter thing is definitely a ringing alarm bell. Best you have no more to do with her. There are all kinds of odd people around, even the seemingly nice ones can have weird sides to them.

I am so pleased it is all sorted out though!

Go snuggle up in front of your radiator and have a nice cup of hot chocolate with marshmallows in

01.02.2015, 06:21 PM Saddletank is offline   Profile for Saddletank Add Saddletank to your buddy list Send an Email to Saddletank
foreignfilmfreak
Miyazaki's Best Friend

quote:
Originally posted by Saddletank
Not knowing the person but it sounds like she isn't 100% right in the head. Maybe she didn't like you and just never mentioned it. That Twitter thing is definitely a ringing alarm bell. Best you have no more to do with her. There are all kinds of odd people around, even the seemingly nice ones can have weird sides to them.

I am so pleased it is all sorted out though!

Go snuggle up in front of your radiator and have a nice cup of hot chocolate with marshmallows in

I've had ongoing issues with her since we first starting shopping for apartments together. Before that I thought she would be completely fine to live with. She always had a temper, but she was quiet and we came from the same area so I figured it would be fine. Then she got upset when I wasn't looking at apartments to rent during my exam period. I just told her to give me a week and she got upset. Then when we were preparing to move in, she decided on all the furniture and curtains, and signed up for our utilities and internet thinking I'd be too stupid to do it.

She holds everything against me. I tried introducing her to my friends, who were always trying to talk to her and invite her to join us when I had them over. I tried to get her involved with groups. My friends felt upset because she showed no interest in talking to them. They're all fortunately genuinely nice people and it hurt me that they got treated that way. She would ignore my boyfriend, hiding in her room if he came over. I know I wasn't a bad roommate. Sure, I'm not 100% clean all the time. I forget to do my dishes and some bad habits are just from the environment I grew up in (my parents leave dishes of food in the microwave and oven sometimes... for days). I corrected most of this since she got upset. My apartment didn't feel homey to me because I was pretty much not allowed to put my stuff anywhere. She even made me take my bike home because she didn't like it being in the living room area as she felt it took up too much space. I had told her it wouldn't fit in my much smaller bedroom and the downstairs closet would rust it to pieces. There are so many stories I could tell.

I'm glad she's gone. The twitter thing really rang an alarm bell with me. I started freaking out about that. I mean, she knew I had an account but not what my username was. My family and friends are primarily concerned with making sure my apartment feels like home to me because for so long it hasn't. I love my little apartment which is why I've kept it. But my roommate never let me add my own personal touches to the place.

This woman is also studying Psychology in hopes of working as a psychologist or something with her own practice, or even a family doctor (she hates people, especially children). Is THAT not a little scary to be thinking?? Her parents wouldn't allow her to study anything to do with the Arts because they refused to pay her to go to school for a "useless" degree. They probably disliked me for majoring in what they viewed as a "useless" and "easy" subject (screw anyone who thinks that, including my roommate).

01.02.2015, 08:44 PM foreignfilmfreak is offline   Profile for foreignfilmfreak Add foreignfilmfreak to your buddy list
[  «    ...  564  565  566  567  568  569  570  571  572  ...    »  ]   « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to:

Online Ghibli
Ghibli Tavern is powered by WoltLab, hosted by Teragon Networks