QuickLink:
Ghibli Tavern - #2 What's the Highlight of your Day!!!
Home Register Frequently Asked Questions Search Members List Moderators and Administrators
Ghibli Tavern » - Tavern » General Discussions » #2 What's the Highlight of your Day!!! » Hello Guest [register|login]
« Previous Thread | Next Thread » Print Page | Recommend to Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Author
Post [  «    ...  563  564  565  566  567  568  569  570  571  ...    »  ]
saviour2012
Baron

Registration Date: 02.24.12
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by saviour2012 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Very sadening.

Ask, think and learn. Because the more we know the more we grow.

Watching the wrong to happen is the same as commiting the wrong.

If it looks like things are forcing you to be creative, Then be creative.

its a uniquely Miyazaki film, one only he could make and its uniqueness places it beyond being easily critiqued.[About Porco Rosso]
taken from a quote of Saddletank and Orphic Okapi

12.15.2014, 02:57 PM saviour2012 is offline   Profile for saviour2012 Add saviour2012 to your buddy list Send an Email to saviour2012 Homepage of saviour2012
Kazegami
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Registration Date: 08.19.07
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Kazegami Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

LL: Well, they figured out what's wrong with my niece - she has severe asthma. So, it isn't going to go away. They're just going to have to work out how to manage it, though she still can't cope without being given oxygen at the moment so can't even go home.

My Anime List

12.15.2014, 05:51 PM Kazegami is offline   Profile for Kazegami Add Kazegami to your buddy list
husky51
The Old Guy

Registration Date: 03.17.08
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by husky51 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

That sucks, Kaz. Hopefully they can find out what is specifically causing it or a way to control it...

My best wishes to your niece and family...

12.15.2014, 06:27 PM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
husky51
The Old Guy

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by husky51 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

LLLL:

The killing of well over 100 students and teachers in a school in Pakistan for which the damned Taliban have taken credit...

12.16.2014, 01:42 PM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
saviour2012
Baron

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by saviour2012 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

the last couple of days has been very sad for me.

LL:
I think ignorance is a major problem in todays world, and it seems that our govts want we become more ignorant by creating more barriers in internet policies.

its a uniquely Miyazaki film, one only he could make and its uniqueness places it beyond being easily critiqued.[About Porco Rosso]

12.17.2014, 02:38 PM saviour2012 is offline   Profile for saviour2012 Add saviour2012 to your buddy list Send an Email to saviour2012 Homepage of saviour2012
husky51
The Old Guy

HL:
Spent an evening with my grandkids in one family last night. Also found out that the adults in the family may have some historical photos for my area that, if they can find them, will give to me. Double yay!!!

HL:
Going to San Diego today with my friend, spend the night at anothers friends house, have home-made tamales, and on Saturday, all of us will go to the Vietnam Veteran's Unit Memorial for our last workday of 2014 on the CCB-18 boat that we've been working on for almost 15 years. Every third Sat. of the month.

12.19.2014, 11:28 AM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
arren18
Administrator

Registration Date: 08.15.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by arren18 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Highlight: just decorated the Christmas tree with my dad. I got home last night and it's nice to be here now after the weirdness of Christmas in Japan last year.

12.19.2014, 12:15 PM arren18 is offline   Profile for arren18 Add arren18 to your buddy list Homepage of arren18
Saddletank
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Registration Date: 09.28.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Saddletank Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

HL: Christmas shopping done! Saturday is wrapping day!

"An old man like me stands no chance fighting against a high school girl in her underwear" - Oshino Meme, Nekomonogatari (Kuro)

12.19.2014, 01:09 PM Saddletank is offline   Profile for Saddletank Add Saddletank to your buddy list Send an Email to Saddletank
fenkashi
Dibs on Supreme Overlord

Registration Date: 08.12.07
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by fenkashi Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

HL: So the Legend of Korra finale was quite interesting. Definitely pushed the envelope further than ever... and well, it pushed enough in the past to get kicked off Nick air. It was pretty cool.

12.20.2014, 01:38 AM fenkashi is offline   Profile for fenkashi Add fenkashi to your buddy list
Roarkiller
Your Daddy-O

Registration Date: 06.03.03
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Roarkiller Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Kicked off? I thought they said it was because viewership was highest on their webchannel, hence the cut. Or is there something I'm not aware of?

No one else is me.

Roarkiller.net
Isakaya High RPG Site

quote:
Originally posted by fenkashi
Screw your opinions, they are not relevant ^^.

12.21.2014, 03:05 AM Roarkiller is offline   Profile for Roarkiller Add Roarkiller to your buddy list Homepage of Roarkiller
fenkashi
Dibs on Supreme Overlord

Registration Date: 08.12.07
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by fenkashi Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Partly. I've heard it got moved to a Friday night slot cause they thought the content was too adult and it really didn't fit with the typical Nick programs. So there were those issues. And of course Friday slots are terrible for ratings, so that didn't help. The viewership ratings definitely played a part. I don't think it hit any of the usual tv audience demographics head on. Much better fit for internet audiences.

12.21.2014, 07:30 AM fenkashi is offline   Profile for fenkashi Add fenkashi to your buddy list
husky51
The Old Guy

HL:

Well, I went to San Diego Friday with my Navy buddy Bob, Went to Navy buddy Dave's house where his Mexican wife and I spoke a little bit of Spanish to each other while she was preparing dinner (It was her invite, BTW) She had made home made tamales, refrieds, and rice. with watermelon for dessert. We guys had our beer and Maria had her Sangria wine.

Saturday, Bob and I went out to North Island where we did our volunteer work (me, not so much 'cause of my knees)(Dave had to work at the hardware store). Enjoyed chatting with Ben's 12 yr old grandson, learned some Kung Fu moves from him (lol) He seemed to enjoy talking with Greg and I (another knee probs non-worker) Then we had lunch, spiced sausage links on buns, beans (again?), macaroni salad, and cookies and leftover donuts.

Then Bob and I left and went up to the Sobaba Flight Center where Bob does his parasailing with many others, but it was too overcast, not enough thermals, wo about 6 of us (and Lucky, the dog) sat around the campfire just chatting, sipping on our rum and cokes (weak on Bob's and my part) until about 8pm.

Then Bob and I went to Dane and Sherries house and had Christmas dinner (Turkey, ham,well, you know all the rest. Quite a spread and good) We were cajoled in to having seconds by Sherrie who went to bed early leaving us guys (Bob, Gary, Dane, Jay, Steve and me... I knew Jay, Steve and Dane) yakking until about 11pm. Said our goodbyes.

Bob drove to my place to pick up his big van (mine is beter on gas and we share the driving). Got online for a while and went to bed abt 2:30am.

Got up and tidied up the living room for a vfisit from one of my step-grandkids and his family.

What a weekend!!!

12.21.2014, 01:06 PM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
Roarkiller
Your Daddy-O

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Roarkiller Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Sounds like a productive one. All I did was pick up my mom and relatives from the airport and collect some small debts.

In other news, long weekends, two in a row. Time to get some training in.

No one else is me.

Roarkiller.net
Isakaya High RPG Site

quote:

12.22.2014, 07:21 PM Roarkiller is offline   Profile for Roarkiller Add Roarkiller to your buddy list Homepage of Roarkiller
husky51
The Old Guy

HL;
And now, tonight, I've been invited to another Turkey and Ham Christmas dinner... Wow! It's nice to have friends...

12.22.2014, 08:37 PM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
saviour2012
Baron

quote:
Originally posted by husky51
HL;
And now, tonight, I've been invited to another Turkey and Ham Christmas dinner... Wow! It's nice to have friends...

i have never ate turkey, actually i only ate chicken, duck and pigeon. Is the taste similar?

12.23.2014, 02:24 AM saviour2012 is offline   Profile for saviour2012 Add saviour2012 to your buddy list Send an Email to saviour2012 Homepage of saviour2012
husky51
The Old Guy

quote:
Originally posted by saviour2012
quote:
Originally posted by husky51
HL;

i have never ate turkey, actually i only ate chicken, duck and pigeon. Is the taste similar?

Totally different, IMO... When cooked properly, not as dry as duck

12.23.2014, 03:04 AM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
Roarkiller
Your Daddy-O

Turkey is supposedly more bland than chicken. In fact the only reason turkey is used for festivities is because of tradition rather than taste, beginning from thanksgiving. I don't remember the story exactly, but yeah.

As for duck, my first taste of it wasn't a positive experience because the bones were crushed and it was a pain eating that duck. It'll probably be a while before I develop a taste for it.

No one else is me.

Roarkiller.net
Isakaya High RPG Site

quote:

12.23.2014, 10:26 PM Roarkiller is offline   Profile for Roarkiller Add Roarkiller to your buddy list Homepage of Roarkiller
foreignfilmfreak
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Registration Date: 10.02.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by foreignfilmfreak Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Logged back in to say Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays.

As for turkey, when my boyfriend cooks one he usually adds a lot of flavour to it. He really loves the taste of turkey compared to chicken and he's not a fan of bland food. I wouldn't say turkey is bland but it might be the turkeys we get out here and how my family and him cook them. We always get big turkeys for about 60$ (my dad I think gets a coupon for one from his work, this is the standard price for young turkeys). I like the texture depending how it's cooked. I know a lot of international students who either immediately disliked turkey (because they had cafeteria turkey) or super loved it.

I ate a bit of duck when we were in Chinatown in Toronto. We were at a restaurant and he ordered a dish with duck in it and told me to try it. I actually really liked the flavour. lol

HL: NYC trip was fun! Met some of my friend's American buds. Bought a few clothing items. Found out a lot of shops don't accept the type of Canadian debit card I have, which frustrated me. lol Also super wished we had a Uniqlo here in Canada or at least opened up a site for Canadians to online shop. I live near the border and can send packages to around there to then be sent up to Canada, but it's just a lengthy process. :/ I really liked their sweaters and leggings and it was so cheap for some of the items.

Hopefully get to go back with my boyfriend someday. Not sure if I liked it as much as Toronto or Montreal. It had more stuff in terms of shopping and museums to go to. Met some students before they headed back to finish their degrees in Japan.

LL: Cut my hair too short after getting back. DX Also missed my connecting flight in Montreal last week and panicked in the airport. They nearly lost my luggage as well but I found it and took off with it. Luckily the customer service lady was awesome and put me up for the night and had everything paid for for me. I broke out all over in hives from stress.

12.24.2014, 09:48 AM foreignfilmfreak is offline   Profile for foreignfilmfreak Add foreignfilmfreak to your buddy list
husky51
The Old Guy

HL:
Here at my sister and brother-in-law's place for Christmas. They have a great view of the Los Angeles skyline. I'll try to send a pic later on. The view at night is terrific. From where I am at, I can see the Palos Verdes Peninsula (where I used to drive school buses) and even a part of Santa Catalina Island (about 25 miles offshore).

12.24.2014, 12:29 PM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
Saddletank
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Registration Date: 09.28.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Saddletank Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

I've found turkey to be a bird that is easy to cook badly or blandly. I've eaten so much dry, tasteless turkey that I avoid it now. Usually at Christmas I go for a three- or four-bird roast Far moister and with varying flavour.

Duck on the other hand is a much darker, moister, more oily flesh. If you've eaten rabbit you'll know the two are similar.

HL: Home with Trish and Ayami and her BF for a few days over Christmas. Nothing beats a family Christmas!

"An old man like me stands no chance fighting against a high school girl in her underwear" - Oshino Meme, Nekomonogatari (Kuro)

12.24.2014, 07:29 PM Saddletank is offline   Profile for Saddletank Add Saddletank to your buddy list Send an Email to Saddletank
[  «    ...  563  564  565  566  567  568  569  570  571  ...    »  ]   « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to:

Online Ghibli
Ghibli Tavern is powered by WoltLab, hosted by Teragon Networks