QuickLink:
Ghibli Tavern - #2 What's the Highlight of your Day!!!
Home Register Frequently Asked Questions Search Members List Moderators and Administrators
Ghibli Tavern » - Tavern » General Discussions » #2 What's the Highlight of your Day!!! » Hello Guest [register|login]
« Previous Thread | Next Thread » Print Page | Recommend to Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Author
Post [  «    ...  551  552  553  554  555  556  557  558  559  ...    »  ]
husky51
The Old Guy

Registration Date: 03.17.08
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by husky51 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

WB, Flare... Glad you're back....

09.06.2014, 10:10 AM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
Nausicaa_Cat
Baron

Registration Date: 10.02.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Nausicaa_Cat Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by Saddletank
It's MY birthday. Tomorrow.

Happy Birthday!! xxxxx

09.06.2014, 11:08 AM Nausicaa_Cat is offline   Profile for Nausicaa_Cat Add Nausicaa_Cat to your buddy list
Saddletank
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Registration Date: 09.28.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Saddletank Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Thanks everyone. I had birthday wishes by Skype this year. Technology has arrived in my home.

Aww, thank you NC. I hope those are kisses and not some censored insult!

I've had a great day so far and I haven't even got to the cake yet.

"An old man like me stands no chance fighting against a high school girl in her underwear" - Oshino Meme, Nekomonogatari (Kuro)

Post last edited by Saddletank on 09.06.2014, 02:28 PM.

09.06.2014, 02:23 PM Saddletank is offline   Profile for Saddletank Add Saddletank to your buddy list Send an Email to Saddletank
Kazegami
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Registration Date: 08.19.07
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Kazegami Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Happy birthday, Saddles! Glad to hear it's been a great one, and I hope it'll be a darn good cake too.

WL: I leave home in exactly one week. o__o;

My Anime List

09.06.2014, 02:44 PM Kazegami is offline   Profile for Kazegami Add Kazegami to your buddy list
={HSA}= MORO
Baron

Registration Date: 08.15.07
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by ={HSA}= MORO Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Happy birthday saddletank! hope I'm not too late.

I was just about to reformat my old computer when I saw this place saved under my favourites tab. Its been over 2 years since I've been on here i think. It was a nice little surprise seeing it hope everyone is well.

09.06.2014, 04:06 PM ={HSA}= MORO is offline   Profile for ={HSA}= MORO Add ={HSA}= MORO to your buddy list Send an Email to ={HSA}= MORO
Saddletank
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Saddletank Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Thank you Kaz and Moro, and Husky and Saviour.

Moro - I definitely remember you! Please try and stay around?

Cake was chocolate. Mm. Enough about that!

Also sparkling white wine and a day out to a friends garden railway on a sunny-ish day. Chatted to all kinds of nice people. Very pleasant.

Off to see Ayami tomorrow to watch the Grand Prix at Monza with her and then a pub lunch!

"An old man like me stands no chance fighting against a high school girl in her underwear" - Oshino Meme, Nekomonogatari (Kuro)

Post last edited by Saddletank on 09.06.2014, 07:26 PM.

09.06.2014, 07:25 PM Saddletank is offline   Profile for Saddletank Add Saddletank to your buddy list Send an Email to Saddletank
husky51
The Old Guy

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by husky51 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Good to see you again, Moro.... It had been awhile... Welcome back....

09.06.2014, 08:54 PM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
Roarkiller
Your Daddy-O

Registration Date: 06.03.03
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Roarkiller Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Guess it's belated, but H***y B****hd*y saddle. Enjoy the consor

No one else is me.

Roarkiller.net
Isakaya High RPG Site

quote:
Originally posted by fenkashi
Screw your opinions, they are not relevant ^^.

09.07.2014, 04:22 AM Roarkiller is offline   Profile for Roarkiller Add Roarkiller to your buddy list Homepage of Roarkiller
Saddletank
Miyazaki's Best Friend

http://youtu.be/h4aZxINjlw8

09.07.2014, 02:26 PM Saddletank is offline   Profile for Saddletank Add Saddletank to your buddy list Send an Email to Saddletank
husky51
The Old Guy

OMG... Is that who and what I think it is???

The clues are all there if you know what to look for....

remarkable...

No wonder you're smiling, Saddles...

Post last edited by husky51 on 09.07.2014, 03:47 PM.

09.07.2014, 03:30 PM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
fenkashi
Dibs on Supreme Overlord

Registration Date: 08.12.07
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by fenkashi Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Omg that's amazing. What -is- it??? How does it work!

09.07.2014, 03:57 PM fenkashi is offline   Profile for fenkashi Add fenkashi to your buddy list
husky51
The Old Guy

quote:
Omg that's amazing. What -is- it??? How does it work!

I think that it is Ayami's "music machine" that was mentioned on the last page... Saddles said he was going to post a pic or video of it...

09.07.2014, 04:10 PM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
fenkashi
Dibs on Supreme Overlord

Registration Date: 08.12.07
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by fenkashi Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Yeah, I got that ^^ but I wanna know how it works and if it has a technical name (@Roar)

09.07.2014, 04:29 PM fenkashi is offline   Profile for fenkashi Add fenkashi to your buddy list
FlareNetworkC
Totoro

Registration Date: 07.02.14
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by FlareNetworkC Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

I commented on it!

09.07.2014, 06:21 PM FlareNetworkC is offline   Profile for FlareNetworkC Add FlareNetworkC to your buddy list
foreignfilmfreak
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Registration Date: 10.02.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by foreignfilmfreak Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by Kazegami
Happy birthday, Saddles! Glad to hear it's been a great one, and I hope it'll be a darn good cake too.

WL: I leave home in exactly one week. o__o;

You'll do fine~!

HL: Found a book by a Canadian author today that one of my prof's mentioned in class. I'm trying to collect mainly books by new authors especially that focus on the lives of immigrants or their children.

Also, I finished all the extra courses for my degree! ^_^ Something many even fourth years aren't able to say. I can now focus on the core subjects for my degree to count towards graduation. I passed my psychology class FINALLY (with a 50%, but who cares, I passed and I am so pleased with that). No more science courses for me. <3

LL: Just one of those nights where I wish I'd switched my major to Fine Arts after my first year or even got up and left to study social work somewhere... But alas, I like literature, but I feel I'd be a lot happier studying fine arts, especially if I could go somewhere with a program I'd really enjoy.

My boyfriend and I were discussing my creative processes and how I go about planning and doing my projects. Since most of my art is just writing, I find myself really upset letting my painting or drawing skills really slip away. I know I don't need a degree in Fine Arts to do any of that, but still, I should have followed that path even if others didn't think I should. I've luckily found career paths I want to take after university where my degree doesn't really matter and I might go for a second one anyway, so even if I had studied Fine Arts, I'd still be trying to do the same jobs afterwards. It's just so hard for me to make friends in the English department at my school. The profs are all pretty much wonderful, and very knowledgeable, which is great. But I wish I could relate more with the students in my field. Most of my friends study sciences, humanities, or social sciences.

Fine Arts isn't an easy degree either, and the students studying it are some of the most vibrant people on campus. My Canadian studies and literature courses tie a lot into the arts, so I really find myself really wanting to go into it lately. English literature can be so hard to study when I don't think the same way as others and I'm marked very hard on every little mistake. lol I just find myself wanting to create for the sake of creating.

Sorry for ranting.

09.07.2014, 07:34 PM foreignfilmfreak is offline   Profile for foreignfilmfreak Add foreignfilmfreak to your buddy list
Roarkiller
Your Daddy-O

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Roarkiller Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Omg I'm sorry the notes timing was that bad, haha

I don't remember what it is, just that I found it in a random toy shop somewhere. I did leave the instructions together with the present though so maybe the name is there. Basically it's a hand-driven music box where, instead of a drum, you feed a punched paper similar to an organ like the ones you see in old western movies in a bar.

Oh btw, happy birthday to husky too

No one else is me.

Roarkiller.net
Isakaya High RPG Site

quote:

09.07.2014, 08:17 PM Roarkiller is offline   Profile for Roarkiller Add Roarkiller to your buddy list Homepage of Roarkiller
saviour2012
Baron

Registration Date: 02.24.12
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by saviour2012 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Thats awesome [the music box]

HBD @ husky

Ask, think and learn. Because the more we know the more we grow.

Watching the wrong to happen is the same as commiting the wrong.

If it looks like things are forcing you to be creative, Then be creative.

its a uniquely Miyazaki film, one only he could make and its uniqueness places it beyond being easily critiqued.[About Porco Rosso]
taken from a quote of Saddletank and Orphic Okapi

09.08.2014, 01:36 AM saviour2012 is offline   Profile for saviour2012 Add saviour2012 to your buddy list Send an Email to saviour2012 Homepage of saviour2012
husky51
The Old Guy

Dang, now I gotta say I'm 68....

Thanks, guys...

09.08.2014, 06:17 AM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
Roarkiller
Your Daddy-O

For those interested in the original song:

HL: Day one of job.

LL: Nothing to do during said job. Meh, no one likes orientations and company hierarchy briefings.

No one else is me.

Roarkiller.net
Isakaya High RPG Site

quote:

09.08.2014, 09:51 AM Roarkiller is offline   Profile for Roarkiller Add Roarkiller to your buddy list Homepage of Roarkiller
husky51
The Old Guy

Very Good Luck on your new job, Roar...

The old Western saloon instruments were called 'Player Pianos' and you had an assortment of rolls of strengthened paper with little holes punched in the paper in different patterns that came out as musical tunes. I have actually held some of these rolls, although for more modern instruments...

09.08.2014, 10:40 AM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
[  «    ...  551  552  553  554  555  556  557  558  559  ...    »  ]   « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to:

Online Ghibli
Ghibli Tavern is powered by WoltLab, hosted by Teragon Networks