QuickLink:
Ghibli Tavern - #2 What's the Highlight of your Day!!!
Home Register Frequently Asked Questions Search Members List Moderators and Administrators
Ghibli Tavern » - Tavern » General Discussions » #2 What's the Highlight of your Day!!! » Hello Guest [register|login]
« Previous Thread | Next Thread » Print Page | Recommend to Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Author
Post [  «    ...  553  554  555  556  557  558  559  560  561  ...    »  ]
husky51
The Old Guy

Registration Date: 03.17.08
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by husky51 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Happy for ya, Saddles....
As my sailor chums say, Fair winds and a following sea...

09.17.2014, 01:16 PM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
foreignfilmfreak
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Registration Date: 10.02.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by foreignfilmfreak Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

HL: I think my mentee at university is from the Faroe Islands! Haven't met any Danish people before. Cool!

EDIT: I'm laughing so hard, she told me she's a fan of my boyfriend's work! lol

Post last edited by foreignfilmfreak on 09.17.2014, 08:29 PM.

09.17.2014, 08:15 PM foreignfilmfreak is offline   Profile for foreignfilmfreak Add foreignfilmfreak to your buddy list
husky51
The Old Guy

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by husky51 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by foreignfilmfreak
HL: I think my mentee at university is from the Faroe Islands! Haven't met any Danish people before. Cool!

I didn't think they had Menatees in the Faroes... Isn't it to cold???

walks slowly away, whistling

09.17.2014, 08:36 PM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
foreignfilmfreak
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by foreignfilmfreak Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by husky51
quote:
Originally posted by foreignfilmfreak

I didn't think they had Menatees in the Faroes... Isn't it to cold???

walks slowly away, whistling

You mean manatees? XD

Actually, she said it doesn't really get that cold there. Canada is worse. lmao She just asked me how to face a Canadian winter. She's heard the rumours.

My friend's partner is from Japan and wants to be an English teacher, so I'm hoping to get to know her as well. She goes to the same college a friend of mine graduated from.

09.17.2014, 08:40 PM foreignfilmfreak is offline   Profile for foreignfilmfreak Add foreignfilmfreak to your buddy list
fenkashi
Dibs on Supreme Overlord

Registration Date: 08.12.07
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by fenkashi Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Congrats Saddles~

WL: Got an invite for a 10 year reunion from middle school peoples. I generally thought I had fond memories of those years, but getting this invite, I realize that I was never -really- friends with anyone there and I have no desire to see them. Retrospect, huh.

LL: Kinda feeling lost and rudderless in life. Need a little perspective or something. And my hummus went bad

I'll find a highlight tomorrow, maybe!

09.18.2014, 04:23 AM fenkashi is offline   Profile for fenkashi Add fenkashi to your buddy list
husky51
The Old Guy

Have a fresh dish of hummus and your day will improve...

09.18.2014, 08:23 AM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
Roarkiller
Your Daddy-O

Registration Date: 06.03.03
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Roarkiller Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Aaand I still have no idea what hummus tastes like despite having multiple chances of trying it.

HL: Training. Like, actual hands-on training. Not reading service manuals while fighting Z-monsters. Copier machines are easier to put together than I had thought, although the amount of useless parts thrown away during initial asssembly worry me.

No one else is me.

Roarkiller.net
Isakaya High RPG Site

quote:
Originally posted by fenkashi
Screw your opinions, they are not relevant ^^.

09.18.2014, 10:51 AM Roarkiller is offline   Profile for Roarkiller Add Roarkiller to your buddy list Homepage of Roarkiller
Kazegami
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Registration Date: 08.19.07
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Kazegami Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Ah, congratulations Saddles. Hoping this one works out for you.

LL: I've been placed in second-year level class for Japanese and I really don't feel like I'm good enough for them. >_< And it's really important that I do as well as I possibly can this year so I have a chance at a scholarship because holy hell, the year abroad is expensive. Well, the lecturer did say that if I get started and then feel like I'm out of my depth then it's okay for me to move back to first-year level, so I guess it's okay...

HL: Found a way to watch anime for free here. ^.^ My uh, usual sites are all blocked for obvious reasons. But I got the Crunchyroll app on my iPad so it's all good. I thought you had to pay for Crunchyroll but it turns out you can make good use of it as a free user too. Just have to put up with some ads and restrictions, and that's okay.

My Anime List

09.18.2014, 03:46 PM Kazegami is offline   Profile for Kazegami Add Kazegami to your buddy list
Saddletank
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Registration Date: 09.28.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Saddletank Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

*squeezyhugskaz*

I really hope uni works out for you. Don't worry too much about the laddish lads - a lot of guys wear that facade but are vulnerable inside.

"An old man like me stands no chance fighting against a high school girl in her underwear" - Oshino Meme, Nekomonogatari (Kuro)

09.18.2014, 05:35 PM Saddletank is offline   Profile for Saddletank Add Saddletank to your buddy list Send an Email to Saddletank
foreignfilmfreak
Miyazaki's Best Friend

HL: I have this knack for getting to know new people really well in like, a night. My mentee seems pretty cool, meeting her tomorrow~.

Kinda nice having someone fluent in English and sort of familiar with this region of Canada already. There's still obviously going to be differences for her here, but she's really interested in learning about Canada (her gf is from here). I just hope I can be a good aid and help her out.

09.18.2014, 07:54 PM foreignfilmfreak is offline   Profile for foreignfilmfreak Add foreignfilmfreak to your buddy list
husky51
The Old Guy

LL:
Tripped on an uneven sidewalk today, gouged the left forearm, good deal of bleeding and I apparently broke most of my fall with my right arm... Now my right shoulder hurts whenever I lift the arm or try to shift the gear-lever in my van...

09.19.2014, 01:44 AM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
Roarkiller
Your Daddy-O

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Roarkiller Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

@husky: See a doctor. At your age, any small injury may matter.

No one else is me.

Roarkiller.net
Isakaya High RPG Site

quote:

09.19.2014, 02:57 AM Roarkiller is offline   Profile for Roarkiller Add Roarkiller to your buddy list Homepage of Roarkiller
husky51
The Old Guy

I'm a stubborn cuss, lol... If no improvement in a day, I'll go see a Dr. later tonight... I've had muscle strains like this before... I've been doing the hot/cold paks thing like in the past...

We'll see...

Thanks for your concern, Roar...

09.19.2014, 08:51 AM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
arren18
Administrator

Registration Date: 08.15.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by arren18 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Lowlights: referendum results, having to do a presentation, weather

Highlights: presentation is over, internet is here!

09.19.2014, 09:26 AM arren18 is offline   Profile for arren18 Add arren18 to your buddy list Homepage of arren18
Kazegami
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Registration Date: 08.19.07
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Kazegami Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

HL: Quiet day of studying and anime.

LL: Social anxiety and uni not mixing terribly well.

Lol, at home it was like:
"UUUGH getmeoutofthisroom"
And now I'm here it's like:
*hides in room all day*

My Anime List

Post last edited by Kazegami on 09.20.2014, 04:47 PM.

09.20.2014, 03:41 PM Kazegami is offline   Profile for Kazegami Add Kazegami to your buddy list
husky51
The Old Guy

Hang in there, Kaz...

With any luck at all, it will get better at uni...

Hugs...

09.20.2014, 04:29 PM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
Roarkiller
Your Daddy-O

HL: Successfully ran 3km with a 5kg load. My bag didn't tear despite having two large metal plates in it, so that's a good sign Surprisingly, it wasn't very tiring but it does put a lot of strain on the thigh muscles. It felt like I was running uphill on a flat road, and an uphill climb felt worse.

Now I pray I won't get any problems tomorrow, haha.

No one else is me.

Roarkiller.net
Isakaya High RPG Site

quote:

09.21.2014, 09:42 AM Roarkiller is offline   Profile for Roarkiller Add Roarkiller to your buddy list Homepage of Roarkiller
husky51
The Old Guy

Had some enjoyable back and forth last night with others about some of the historical facts about my area... I was able to post a number of old black and white photos from the early 1900's...

09.22.2014, 10:14 AM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
Saddletank
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Registration Date: 09.28.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Saddletank Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

HL: Weekend away with friends at a re-enactment event in Dunkerque - lots of beer, too much food, vikings, Czech/Russian singers (the girls' rendition of 'Katyusha' put a tear in my eye), cossacks, practicing my French on the locals while they practiced their English on me, meeting old French friends and making new ones, the town mayor dressed as Napoleon and wandering everywhere with a goblet of wine in his hand smiling, a pretty good American '40s swing band, a guy with a beautifully restored 1940s BMW motorcycle and sidecar, more vikings, more beer.

LL: Aching back and feet!

"An old man like me stands no chance fighting against a high school girl in her underwear" - Oshino Meme, Nekomonogatari (Kuro)

09.22.2014, 11:08 AM Saddletank is offline   Profile for Saddletank Add Saddletank to your buddy list Send an Email to Saddletank
Roarkiller
Your Daddy-O

I read that as drunkerque

LL: Forgot my office pass. Thigh muscle strain. Feels so unawesome.

No one else is me.

Roarkiller.net
Isakaya High RPG Site

quote:

09.22.2014, 09:28 PM Roarkiller is offline   Profile for Roarkiller Add Roarkiller to your buddy list Homepage of Roarkiller
[  «    ...  553  554  555  556  557  558  559  560  561  ...    »  ]   « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to:

Online Ghibli
Ghibli Tavern is powered by WoltLab, hosted by Teragon Networks