QuickLink:
Ghibli Tavern - #2 What's the Highlight of your Day!!!
Home Register Frequently Asked Questions Search Members List Moderators and Administrators
Ghibli Tavern » - Tavern » General Discussions » #2 What's the Highlight of your Day!!! » Hello Guest [register|login]
« Previous Thread | Next Thread » Print Page | Recommend to Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Author
Post [  «    ...  546  547  548  549  550  551  552  553  554  ...    »  ]
foreignfilmfreak
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Registration Date: 10.02.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by foreignfilmfreak Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

LL: Computer problems and essays don't mix well with me... This computer is barely a year old and I'm already having issues with it. Ugh.

HL: I gave someone the benefit of a doubt and they seem to be a lot less like what we thought they were.

Post last edited by foreignfilmfreak on 08.04.2014, 09:58 AM.

08.04.2014, 09:27 AM foreignfilmfreak is offline   Profile for foreignfilmfreak Add foreignfilmfreak to your buddy list
FlareNetworkC
Totoro

Registration Date: 07.02.14
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by FlareNetworkC Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

I'm from Ohio, Fen. I am burning through so much service in North Carolina.

08.06.2014, 04:44 PM FlareNetworkC is offline   Profile for FlareNetworkC Add FlareNetworkC to your buddy list
husky51
The Old Guy

Registration Date: 03.17.08
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by husky51 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

@Flare...

I have a shipmate that emails me every day from up that way...

08.07.2014, 03:43 AM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
arren18
Administrator

Registration Date: 08.15.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by arren18 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

The internetless wasteland of North Carolina...

08.07.2014, 04:14 AM arren18 is offline   Profile for arren18 Add arren18 to your buddy list Homepage of arren18
husky51
The Old Guy

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by husky51 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

I would imagine only when out in the boonies, arren...

08.07.2014, 04:45 AM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
foreignfilmfreak
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by foreignfilmfreak Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by arren18
The internetless wasteland of North Carolina...

I have a friend from there. He hates every minute of it.

WL: Hey, anyone here particularly good at finding cheap housing and/or housing for international students like a home stay in America?? I need help, not for me but for a friend who is having problems.

EDIT: It's weird for me to watch videos done by vloggers who are from the same region as me because I can totally notice the accent... No one really points out mine at school but I have one. Mine is a bit more country sounding though.

Post last edited by foreignfilmfreak on 08.07.2014, 05:42 PM.

08.07.2014, 05:09 PM foreignfilmfreak is offline   Profile for foreignfilmfreak Add foreignfilmfreak to your buddy list
fenkashi
Dibs on Supreme Overlord

Registration Date: 08.12.07
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by fenkashi Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Haha I never had my accent pointed out till I was in the States and people noticed certain things.

Reminds me, weren't we going to do a skype/google hangout thing? Would be fun to hear everyone's accents.

HL: think my cold's going away!

08.07.2014, 06:46 PM fenkashi is offline   Profile for fenkashi Add fenkashi to your buddy list
FlareNetworkC
Totoro

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by FlareNetworkC Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

I have skype! It's the same username as my name here. If anyone wants to friend me, send me a friend request!

08.07.2014, 08:33 PM FlareNetworkC is offline   Profile for FlareNetworkC Add FlareNetworkC to your buddy list
fenkashi
Dibs on Supreme Overlord

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by fenkashi Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Request sent, flare!

My skype id is different from this nick so if anyone wants, PM~

08.07.2014, 11:01 PM fenkashi is offline   Profile for fenkashi Add fenkashi to your buddy list
Roarkiller
Your Daddy-O

Registration Date: 06.03.03
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Roarkiller Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

If I had an accent, it would be indistinguishable from my mumbling

HL: Free McChicken.

No one else is me.

Roarkiller.net
Isakaya High RPG Site

quote:
Originally posted by fenkashi
Screw your opinions, they are not relevant ^^.

08.07.2014, 11:26 PM Roarkiller is offline   Profile for Roarkiller Add Roarkiller to your buddy list Homepage of Roarkiller
fenkashi
Dibs on Supreme Overlord

Everyone has an accent ^^

HL: FOOD. so much food.

08.07.2014, 11:32 PM fenkashi is offline   Profile for fenkashi Add fenkashi to your buddy list
Saddletank
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Registration Date: 09.28.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Saddletank Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Sent you a friend request Flare. Sent you a PM, Fen. Group skype calls could be fun - maybe as we all watch a Ghibli movie or something?

"An old man like me stands no chance fighting against a high school girl in her underwear" - Oshino Meme, Nekomonogatari (Kuro)

08.08.2014, 07:21 AM Saddletank is offline   Profile for Saddletank Add Saddletank to your buddy list Send an Email to Saddletank
foreignfilmfreak
Miyazaki's Best Friend

I'd be cool with a group Skype video chat. But I wouldn't be able to do it until September... Laptop is having sound problems and I have too much work to do on it before then to try and fix it. I don't know what a Google hangout is. ^^;;

HL: 3 1/2 essays of 5 complete for next week. Then have to finish my other course. I hope my profs don't kill me.

08.08.2014, 06:24 PM foreignfilmfreak is offline   Profile for foreignfilmfreak Add foreignfilmfreak to your buddy list
Roarkiller
Your Daddy-O

Registration Date: 06.03.03
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Roarkiller Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

I would think that a laggy video chat isn't the best way to watch a movie

LL: Did a factory reset on my phone to solve the lag problem. The results were... disappointing to say the least.

No one else is me.

Roarkiller.net
Isakaya High RPG Site

quote:
Screw your opinions, they are not relevant ^^.

08.08.2014, 11:05 PM Roarkiller is offline   Profile for Roarkiller Add Roarkiller to your buddy list Homepage of Roarkiller
fenkashi
Dibs on Supreme Overlord

You can't do group video chat in Skype unless you have the paid version I think what Saddles was suggesting was sync watching a movie, which is quite fun. Never tried it with more than one other person though. It would be interesting to see how well it works.

HL: weekend trip~

08.08.2014, 11:35 PM fenkashi is offline   Profile for fenkashi Add fenkashi to your buddy list
Saddletank
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Registration Date: 09.28.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Saddletank Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Just voice chat Roar. I don't have a webcam anyway. I do skype calls now with a couple of my non-Tavern anime friends. We do a countdown to set an episode running then all watch and discuss as we go. Good fun.

It's great to be able to "sit and watch" anime with your friends when they are on the other side of the ocean.

"An old man like me stands no chance fighting against a high school girl in her underwear" - Oshino Meme, Nekomonogatari (Kuro)

Post last edited by Saddletank on 08.09.2014, 07:56 AM.

08.09.2014, 07:53 AM Saddletank is offline   Profile for Saddletank Add Saddletank to your buddy list Send an Email to Saddletank
Nausicaa_Cat
Baron

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Nausicaa_Cat Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

I'd be up for a group chat ^^ I'd love to hear everyone's voices!

08.09.2014, 08:48 AM Nausicaa_Cat is offline   Profile for Nausicaa_Cat Add Nausicaa_Cat to your buddy list
husky51
The Old Guy

LL:
Got the very slows again... Gotta go to library and use their machines...

It's working right this moment, tho...???

08.09.2014, 01:03 PM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
foreignfilmfreak
Miyazaki's Best Friend

quote:
You can't do group video chat in Skype unless you have the paid version I think what Saddles was suggesting was sync watching a movie, which is quite fun. Never tried it with more than one other person though. It would be interesting to see how well it works.

HL: weekend trip~

Ohhhh I didn't know you had to pay for that. D: I think most of my friends have the paid version because they wanted to do a three-way call but... waa now I'm sad I can't do that. lol

08.09.2014, 03:54 PM foreignfilmfreak is offline   Profile for foreignfilmfreak Add foreignfilmfreak to your buddy list
FlareNetworkC
Totoro

Yeah my computer is crap, so I don't have video, either. Darn. Oh well, it'd still be cool to hear everyone's voice.

You know what we could do? An rpg planning session.

So far we have:

Flare
Fen
Saddles
Nc
Fff(eventually)
And, I think we have roar? Maybe?

P.s. Fen, Saddles, I accepted your requests.

Post last edited by FlareNetworkC on 08.09.2014, 06:58 PM.

08.09.2014, 05:43 PM FlareNetworkC is offline   Profile for FlareNetworkC Add FlareNetworkC to your buddy list
[  «    ...  546  547  548  549  550  551  552  553  554  ...    »  ]   « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to:

Online Ghibli
Ghibli Tavern is powered by WoltLab, hosted by Teragon Networks