QuickLink:
Ghibli Tavern - #2 What's the Highlight of your Day!!!
Home Register Frequently Asked Questions Search Members List Moderators and Administrators
Ghibli Tavern » - Tavern » General Discussions » #2 What's the Highlight of your Day!!! » Hello Guest [register|login]
« Previous Thread | Next Thread » Print Page | Recommend to Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Author
Post [  «    ...  549  550  551  552  553  554  555  556  557  ...    »  ]
Kazegami
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Registration Date: 08.19.07
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Kazegami Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

That's great news, Saddles, congratulations. And don't you worry about taking things out now and then, it's better to vent than bottle it up. There's not much we can do, but we can listen. 'Tis what friends are for. Lord knows you all put up with enough of my moaning about things.

HL: I had a lovely weekend at an LGBT youth event, met some great people. One in particular was utterly enchanting. See previous posts. We'd been talking online for a long time prior to this, a little under a year. The similarities between us are honestly quite spooky. We have the same name, with the same uncommon spelling, and neither of us were born with that name, but chose it. We prefer the same nickname as well. The number of likes we have in common are also ridiculous, we seem to have the same taste in everything... The one single thing we've found to disagree on is Scotland's upcoming independence referendum.

LL: The awful thing about it is that yes, you meet those people, but then before you've had a chance to start getting to know each other or spend proper time together, the weekend's over, and you're back to being scattered all across the country again. It's sad. But there it is.

My Anime List

Post last edited by Kazegami on 08.24.2014, 08:55 PM.

08.24.2014, 08:49 PM Kazegami is offline   Profile for Kazegami Add Kazegami to your buddy list
Roarkiller
Your Daddy-O

Registration Date: 06.03.03
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Roarkiller Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

HL: Gaming with friends after a long period of idleness.

LL: This obstacle course I was going to sign up for has a swim section. And well, I can't swim. I mean I can get from A to B, but if you were to see me floundering about you'd think I was drowning myself from A to B

Also, it costs more than 3 times that of last year. Of course this is the extreme course; I can go for the normal course, which doesn't have a swim section and is the same price as last year but also has only half the obstacles as the extreme version, and I really really really really really want to see how hard the extreme version is.

Link for those interested.

No one else is me.

Roarkiller.net
Isakaya High RPG Site

quote:
Originally posted by fenkashi
Screw your opinions, they are not relevant ^^.

08.25.2014, 12:32 AM Roarkiller is offline   Profile for Roarkiller Add Roarkiller to your buddy list Homepage of Roarkiller
Saddletank
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Registration Date: 09.28.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Saddletank Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

LL: Job didn't work out. I walked out after 2 days. The bosses were slave drivers, pay rate was ridiculous for the unsocial hours people were expected to work and the ethics of the company (management to staff) were very dubious.

A pity as the job itself was easy, good physical exercise and the other workers seemed great.

LL2: I blew £40 on a pair of protective work shoes I might never need again.

Back to job hunting...

"An old man like me stands no chance fighting against a high school girl in her underwear" - Oshino Meme, Nekomonogatari (Kuro)

08.25.2014, 03:08 PM Saddletank is offline   Profile for Saddletank Add Saddletank to your buddy list Send an Email to Saddletank
husky51
The Old Guy

Registration Date: 03.17.08
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by husky51 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Bummer, Saddles, but you know best in your case...

@ Roar...

Rats, I thought that the kink was going to show your floun.... er, swimming skills...

08.25.2014, 03:24 PM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
Kazegami
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Kazegami Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Sorry to hear that, Saddles. Sounds like you did the right thing, there's only so much you should be expected to put up with. You could probably resell those shoes on eBay or something at a pretty good price if they're new?

Edit:

HL: Got a lovely, long message from an old school friend congratulating me on my transition and asking to meet up.

My Anime List

Post last edited by Kazegami on 08.25.2014, 04:36 PM.

08.25.2014, 03:29 PM Kazegami is offline   Profile for Kazegami Add Kazegami to your buddy list
Saddletank
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Saddletank Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Ah, its lovely when old friends get back in touch.

"An old man like me stands no chance fighting against a high school girl in her underwear" - Oshino Meme, Nekomonogatari (Kuro)

08.25.2014, 06:19 PM Saddletank is offline   Profile for Saddletank Add Saddletank to your buddy list Send an Email to Saddletank
arren18
Administrator

Registration Date: 08.15.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by arren18 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Oof, that sucks Saddles. I hope you find something better soon!

Highlight: got my JLPT results. Lucky it's only pass/fail and not a scale of grades, because I barely passed.

08.26.2014, 10:56 AM arren18 is offline   Profile for arren18 Add arren18 to your buddy list Homepage of arren18
Roarkiller
Your Daddy-O

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Roarkiller Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

@husky: Sorry, but my sexy body is for my eyes only

@arren: Sorry to hear that. But it's L2 so don't take it too hard, quite a few Japanese folks have trouble with that too.

HL: Got a job at Canon as a technician. Pay is 2/3 that of my engineer job earlier this year but hey, it's not a deskjob and far more hands-on. If I need extra pay I just need to work up the ladder, which is something I'm more agreeable too anyway. Starts next month though, so time to complete at least some of my personal projects before it starts.

No one else is me.

Roarkiller.net
Isakaya High RPG Site

quote:

08.27.2014, 12:08 PM Roarkiller is offline   Profile for Roarkiller Add Roarkiller to your buddy list Homepage of Roarkiller
arren18
Administrator

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by arren18 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Dude, that was my highlight. I passed, and I'm saying it's good that it doesn't matter that it was only a near pass.

08.28.2014, 11:23 AM arren18 is offline   Profile for arren18 Add arren18 to your buddy list Homepage of arren18
Saddletank
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Its like a driving test, even if the instructor bawls you out for some errors, as long as he passes you, that's all that matters

08.28.2014, 12:27 PM Saddletank is offline   Profile for Saddletank Add Saddletank to your buddy list Send an Email to Saddletank
Kazegami
Miyazaki's Best Friend

LL: my printer is a *bleeeeepity bleep* and the internet is being really patchy and annoying just now. Also I've caught a cold. Feeling distinctly unfabulous.

My Anime List

08.28.2014, 02:58 PM Kazegami is offline   Profile for Kazegami Add Kazegami to your buddy list
Roarkiller
Your Daddy-O

quote:
Originally posted by arren18
Dude, that was my highlight. I passed, and I'm saying it's good that it doesn't matter that it was only a near pass.

I know, I know. I'm just saying it because it sounded like you had a hard time attaining that pass. Mmm, but my wording surely was wrong there, yeah. It didn't need a sorry.

No one else is me.

Roarkiller.net
Isakaya High RPG Site

quote:

08.28.2014, 11:31 PM Roarkiller is offline   Profile for Roarkiller Add Roarkiller to your buddy list Homepage of Roarkiller
husky51
The Old Guy

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by husky51 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

LL:
Oh,No... KITTY is NOT a cat!!! The famed icon from "Hello, Kitty" is not a cat according to the Hello Kitty company... And her name isn't even Kitty!!!

I know that one of my grand-daughters will be miffed if she finds out! But it won't be from me...

==================================

HHLL:
It's nice to have a computer literate son. He was by for a visit today and after we went out to lunch, he tackled my computer problem. When he left, all three of my laptops were working, but the troublesome one fritzed out again, so he is taking that one home with him tomorrow. Meanwhile, I still have two working 'putters... YAYNESS! as Kiki used to say.

Post last edited by husky51 on 08.29.2014, 07:31 PM.

08.29.2014, 02:20 AM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
arren18
Administrator

That's okay Roar. I'm glad I misunderstood you and not the other way around!

Highlight: sorted out some confusion over my application to vote by post. I was really stressing about it, but it's all fine now.

08.29.2014, 09:13 AM arren18 is offline   Profile for arren18 Add arren18 to your buddy list Homepage of arren18
Roarkiller
Your Daddy-O

Naw, I think we both misunderstood each other.

HL: Day out with friends. Missed a planned workout session, but hey.

LL: Throat getting sore AGAIN. Must be from spending hours in a cold room yesterday, I got really poor defence against the cold. Hopefully it will remain as just that because I do not want to fall sick right now.

About that Hello Kitty thing, I'm hearing conflicting reports. Some are saying she's not a cat, and some are saying the company did a backpedal and say she is. Seriously confusing.

No one else is me.

Roarkiller.net
Isakaya High RPG Site

quote:

08.31.2014, 02:04 AM Roarkiller is offline   Profile for Roarkiller Add Roarkiller to your buddy list Homepage of Roarkiller
Saddletank
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Daft. The Hello Kitty logo is obviously a cat! What is this corporate nonesense?

08.31.2014, 07:09 AM Saddletank is offline   Profile for Saddletank Add Saddletank to your buddy list Send an Email to Saddletank
husky51
The Old Guy

All I can say is that a couple of days ago, one of the headlines was about this Hello Kitty thing. Supposedly the originator, or someone who has studied the character, of Hello Kitty made the statement about the character not being a cat, but a little girl in a cat costume or something like that and the Company statement backed up the statement... I'll see if I can find the article...

Got new tires on my van, yay...

Ok, the character portrayed as 'Hello Kitty' is actually supposed to be a little girl named Kitty White, with parents and even a sister. Kitty likes to dress up as a cat and that is where the controversy lies. 'Hello Kitty' is not a cat, but a little British girl who is dressed in a cat costume...

Makes it a bit more understandable...

Any more on this subject should probably go to another thread...

Post last edited by husky51 on 08.31.2014, 03:46 PM.

08.31.2014, 01:02 PM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
Roarkiller
Your Daddy-O

Cat ears, cat nose, whiskers, not a cat. Oh yea sure, makes a lot od sense

LL: It's official, I'm sick. *sniff*

No one else is me.

Roarkiller.net
Isakaya High RPG Site

quote:

09.01.2014, 11:15 AM Roarkiller is offline   Profile for Roarkiller Add Roarkiller to your buddy list Homepage of Roarkiller
Saddletank
Miyazaki's Best Friend

It's like saying the Lloyds Bank logo isn't a horse but 2 men in a pantomine horse costume.

09.01.2014, 11:50 AM Saddletank is offline   Profile for Saddletank Add Saddletank to your buddy list Send an Email to Saddletank
husky51
The Old Guy

I think you're missing the point... probably because of the cold, the mind is befuddles,, wait a minute, it always is anyway...

The GIRL is named Kitty and SHE is not a CAT! But she likes to wear cat things... Thusly, Kitty is not a Cat!!! Quite easy, really... lol

But then, you are sicker... uh, I mean sick.. uh, have a cold???

Get better soon, Roar... Hopefully you are chuckling a bit by now...

09.01.2014, 11:55 AM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
[  «    ...  549  550  551  552  553  554  555  556  557  ...    »  ]   « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to:

Online Ghibli
Ghibli Tavern is powered by WoltLab, hosted by Teragon Networks