QuickLink:
Ghibli Tavern - #2 What's the Highlight of your Day!!!
Home Register Frequently Asked Questions Search Members List Moderators and Administrators
Ghibli Tavern » - Tavern » General Discussions » #2 What's the Highlight of your Day!!! » Hello Guest [register|login]
« Previous Thread | Next Thread » Print Page | Recommend to Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Author
Post [  «    ...  555  556  557  558  559  560  561  562  563  ...    »  ]
Roarkiller
Your Daddy-O

Registration Date: 06.03.03
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Roarkiller Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

You know, I think we should just watch Steins;Gate for the anime club. I argue that it's worth rewatching because there's really that much material to talk about.

HL: My prediction on gold came true, albeit early. Really glad I didn't buy a bar last week.

No one else is me.

Roarkiller.net
Isakaya High RPG Site

quote:
Originally posted by fenkashi
Screw your opinions, they are not relevant ^^.

10.03.2014, 11:32 AM Roarkiller is offline   Profile for Roarkiller Add Roarkiller to your buddy list Homepage of Roarkiller
arren18
Administrator

Registration Date: 08.15.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by arren18 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

I actually did rewatch some of Steins;Gate, and then couldn't continue when it got to the part where the story took a path that annoyed me. So yeah, I would probably sit out in that case.

Lowlight: it was so wet today and I couldn't do anything about it.

10.03.2014, 01:39 PM arren18 is offline   Profile for arren18 Add arren18 to your buddy list Homepage of arren18
saviour2012
Baron

Registration Date: 02.24.12
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by saviour2012 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

I actually watched steins gate twice, technically thrice and once for some episodes.

if its about the time travel section i might give it a go. and the romance part is preety straight so i do not see any material to talk on those.

Ask, think and learn. Because the more we know the more we grow.

Watching the wrong to happen is the same as commiting the wrong.

If it looks like things are forcing you to be creative, Then be creative.

its a uniquely Miyazaki film, one only he could make and its uniqueness places it beyond being easily critiqued.[About Porco Rosso]
taken from a quote of Saddletank and Orphic Okapi

10.03.2014, 01:55 PM saviour2012 is offline   Profile for saviour2012 Add saviour2012 to your buddy list Send an Email to saviour2012 Homepage of saviour2012
FlareNetworkC
Totoro

Registration Date: 07.02.14
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by FlareNetworkC Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

It's a very interesting series, but it sounds like a ton of people have seen it. Why not something more recent? Has anyone seen Hyouka?

10.03.2014, 05:50 PM FlareNetworkC is offline   Profile for FlareNetworkC Add FlareNetworkC to your buddy list
Saddletank
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Registration Date: 09.28.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Saddletank Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

I liked Steins;Gate at the beginning and the end but the middle just frustrated me. There was far too much repetitive running around, screaming and crying. It would (I've said this before so many times) have worked better as 13 episodes instead of 26.

I even think there should be a law to force anime series to only be a max of 13 eps long. Unless opf course Hideaki Anno is directing...

"An old man like me stands no chance fighting against a high school girl in her underwear" - Oshino Meme, Nekomonogatari (Kuro)

10.04.2014, 07:35 PM Saddletank is offline   Profile for Saddletank Add Saddletank to your buddy list Send an Email to Saddletank
Roarkiller
Your Daddy-O

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Roarkiller Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

So I dreamt that I bought my dream car and crashed it. Ugh.

No one else is me.

Roarkiller.net
Isakaya High RPG Site

quote:

10.05.2014, 01:19 AM Roarkiller is offline   Profile for Roarkiller Add Roarkiller to your buddy list Homepage of Roarkiller
husky51
The Old Guy

Registration Date: 03.17.08
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by husky51 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

I wish I could afford another '65 Mustang... I miss my old one...

HL:
working on my historical projects...

10.05.2014, 02:52 AM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
saviour2012
Baron

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by saviour2012 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

You dont like the new mustangs?

its a uniquely Miyazaki film, one only he could make and its uniqueness places it beyond being easily critiqued.[About Porco Rosso]

10.05.2014, 05:23 AM saviour2012 is offline   Profile for saviour2012 Add saviour2012 to your buddy list Send an Email to saviour2012 Homepage of saviour2012
Saddletank
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Saddletank Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Weirdlight: Had an incredibly bizarre dream. Just plain strange. Its one I think I'd have preferred to have forgotten the instant I woke up. I feel creeped out thinking about it because it bothers me that such things are inside my head

"An old man like me stands no chance fighting against a high school girl in her underwear" - Oshino Meme, Nekomonogatari (Kuro)

10.05.2014, 06:42 AM Saddletank is offline   Profile for Saddletank Add Saddletank to your buddy list Send an Email to Saddletank
husky51
The Old Guy

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by husky51 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

@saviour
Actually, not so much. My first car was a '64-1/2 Mustang and I miss the comfortable feeling I had with that car...

@Saddles
I, too, have had disturbing dreams and the best you can do is to forget them... They may have resulted from something or a combination of somethings in your life or experience or seeing over a period of time, even years, that culminated it your particular dream... Relax, Saddles, I think that from the way you are reacting to the happenings in your dream, you are showing to yourself how abhorrent such a happening is to you in RL... I would consider it a release of thought or idea or something like that from your mind...

Sit back, put on Totoro or some music you like or read a book... Son't let it get to you...

10.05.2014, 09:49 AM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
Roarkiller
Your Daddy-O

It would.be really funny if saddle's dream was about Totoro or books.

No one else is me.

Roarkiller.net
Isakaya High RPG Site

quote:

10.05.2014, 11:19 AM Roarkiller is offline   Profile for Roarkiller Add Roarkiller to your buddy list Homepage of Roarkiller
husky51
The Old Guy

@roar...

Ouch!!!

10.05.2014, 01:01 PM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
Saddletank
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Neither of those two things featured at all.

10.05.2014, 01:57 PM Saddletank is offline   Profile for Saddletank Add Saddletank to your buddy list Send an Email to Saddletank
saviour2012
Baron

If those was there than it would have been called a weird dream, right?

However it depends on, in which angle the dream was weird as there are many.

10.05.2014, 04:12 PM saviour2012 is offline   Profile for saviour2012 Add saviour2012 to your buddy list Send an Email to saviour2012 Homepage of saviour2012
husky51
The Old Guy

And I for one am not going to ask because it is none of my business... Suffice to say that it disturbed Saddles and that's enough for me...

Hope you are able to get over it soon, my friend...

Post last edited by husky51 on 10.06.2014, 01:24 AM.

10.05.2014, 08:09 PM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
foreignfilmfreak
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Registration Date: 10.02.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by foreignfilmfreak Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

HL: I think my new friend asked out my best friend.

YESSSS!!! Yes. I hope it works out.

10.05.2014, 10:01 PM foreignfilmfreak is offline   Profile for foreignfilmfreak Add foreignfilmfreak to your buddy list
Kazegami
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Registration Date: 08.19.07
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Kazegami Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

HL: Am now in a more appropriate level of Japanese class. Yay, I can understand what's going around me again~. The girl I sit next to's so adorable, omg.

LL: Asshat drivers going through puddles too fast. >_>

My Anime List

10.07.2014, 10:54 AM Kazegami is offline   Profile for Kazegami Add Kazegami to your buddy list
husky51
The Old Guy

Got splashed, did you?

Sorry about that, Kaz, but it is always funny to see that happen to someone else...

Or nailed by a snow-plow....

I know, I know, bad husky...

10.07.2014, 12:27 PM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
foreignfilmfreak
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Registration Date: 10.02.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by foreignfilmfreak Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

I've had to explain to the international students how when winter rolls around our town, the snow removal process is terrifying. I've grown up in this province my whole life and have never seen worse/weirder snow removal methods than this town. Plus the snow plows on campus are bound to kill someone one day.

LL: My friend's fiance is missing and she's alone with their child. I don't live close enough to her but can go to her if she needs me to. She's really upset right now. Has anyone been in this sort of situation before and how did you handle it, or help out the person experiencing the brunt of it? He's just a young guy. He hasn't been seen in a few days after leaving work one night. I'm just really worried for my friend and want to be there for her if I can.

This isn't my first experience where someone I know has gone missing but those other times didn't... end well. One account really changed my best friend from high school so I'm hoping it's not the same this time.

10.07.2014, 03:31 PM foreignfilmfreak is offline   Profile for foreignfilmfreak Add foreignfilmfreak to your buddy list
Kazegami
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Registration Date: 08.19.07
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Kazegami Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

I'm sorry FFF, I've never experienced anything like that before. I guess it's a case of 'hope for the best, prepare for the worst'. *hugs*

HL: The university's Japanese Society put on a Ghibli-themed tea party today. ^.^ There was dorayaki with adzuki bean paste and maccha cream or strawberry cream, and mochi, as well as ordinary chocolate cake and these adorable little totoros made of choux pastry and filled with white chocolate cream. They were so good. I was reluctant to eat it at first because it looked so cute and well-made but after the first bite... *_* Oh, and some different kinds of green tea were served. I think I've made up my mind that I don't like mochi. These ones were even weirder than ones I've had before, the texture... so squishy and strange.

My Anime List

10.08.2014, 12:08 PM Kazegami is offline   Profile for Kazegami Add Kazegami to your buddy list
[  «    ...  555  556  557  558  559  560  561  562  563  ...    »  ]   « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to:

Online Ghibli
Ghibli Tavern is powered by WoltLab, hosted by Teragon Networks