QuickLink:
Ghibli Tavern - #2 What are you listening to right now?
Home Register Frequently Asked Questions Search Members List Moderators and Administrators
Ghibli Tavern » - Tavern » General Discussions » #2 What are you listening to right now? » Hello Guest [register|login]
« Previous Thread | Next Thread » Print Page | Recommend to Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Author
Post [  «    ...  211  212  213  214  215  216  217  218  219  ...    »  ]
FlareNetworkC
Totoro

Registration Date: 07.02.14
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by FlareNetworkC Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

This is how I Disappear - My Chemical Romance

07.08.2015, 10:35 AM FlareNetworkC is offline   Profile for FlareNetworkC Add FlareNetworkC to your buddy list
Saddletank
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Registration Date: 09.28.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Saddletank Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Fatboy Slim - Weapon of Choice (Christopher Walken video)

So good!

"An old man like me stands no chance fighting against a high school girl in her underwear" - Oshino Meme, Nekomonogatari (Kuro)

Post last edited by Saddletank on 07.09.2015, 03:44 AM.

07.09.2015, 03:42 AM Saddletank is offline   Profile for Saddletank Add Saddletank to your buddy list Send an Email to Saddletank
Kazegami
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Registration Date: 08.19.07
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Kazegami Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Your Song ~ Ewan McGregor

Been stuck in my head for a couple of days. Do love the Moulin Rouge soundtrack.

My Anime List

07.11.2015, 03:33 PM Kazegami is offline   Profile for Kazegami Add Kazegami to your buddy list
husky51
The Old Guy

Registration Date: 03.17.08
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by husky51 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

I wish that I could say good (or even bad) music, but lately at night, all I seem to hear is yells and screams from some of the other patients in here...

07.12.2015, 12:25 AM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
Saddletank
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Saddletank Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Real Blanco - Young Girl

Such a great summery song. Makes my foot tap.

"An old man like me stands no chance fighting against a high school girl in her underwear" - Oshino Meme, Nekomonogatari (Kuro)

07.23.2015, 05:02 PM Saddletank is offline   Profile for Saddletank Add Saddletank to your buddy list Send an Email to Saddletank
Saddletank
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Taio Cruz - Telling the World (Nightcore Reality mix)

This song has such a lovely beat and flow, it makes me smile and feel sooo, so good.

07.26.2015, 02:42 PM Saddletank is offline   Profile for Saddletank Add Saddletank to your buddy list Send an Email to Saddletank
foreignfilmfreak
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Registration Date: 10.02.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by foreignfilmfreak Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Nell

There is probably no other voice in this world more beautiful or enchanting to me than Jong-wan's. Combined with the complete artistry that composes Nell, I just find their music to be the most beautiful in the world.

I'm not sure why, I've always just absolutely adored this band before it was easy to find information about them online in English. I just randomly stumbled across a music video of theirs several years ago. And I was like, whoa, this is amazing. I've just loved them every moment since then.

This band is also one of the rare bands both my boyfriend and I like. It was sort of how we connected at first because we started sending music links to one another and I had sent him a song by Nell. He responded that they were a band he also adored and sent me his favourite song of theirs.

07.30.2015, 11:14 AM foreignfilmfreak is offline   Profile for foreignfilmfreak Add foreignfilmfreak to your buddy list
fenkashi
Dibs on Supreme Overlord

Registration Date: 08.12.07
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by fenkashi Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Efya - One of Your Own

08.13.2015, 05:01 AM fenkashi is offline   Profile for fenkashi Add fenkashi to your buddy list
Saddletank
Miyazaki's Best Friend

The Piano Guys' cover of Christina Perri's - A Thousand Years.

08.14.2015, 12:14 PM Saddletank is offline   Profile for Saddletank Add Saddletank to your buddy list Send an Email to Saddletank
foreignfilmfreak
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Registration Date: 10.02.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by foreignfilmfreak Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=syLz1rcTKD8 artist is just... awesome. No words. I've been annoying everyone with linking them to their music. lol My boyfriend finally found an artist I like that he equally loves now.

08.19.2015, 12:41 AM foreignfilmfreak is offline   Profile for foreignfilmfreak Add foreignfilmfreak to your buddy list
arren18
Administrator

Registration Date: 08.15.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by arren18 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

F***ed Up - The Other Shoe

08.22.2015, 06:39 PM arren18 is offline   Profile for arren18 Add arren18 to your buddy list Homepage of arren18
Saddletank
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Shut Up And Dance (Alex G & Mike Tompkins Acapella Cover)

08.31.2015, 04:21 AM Saddletank is offline   Profile for Saddletank Add Saddletank to your buddy list Send an Email to Saddletank
Kazegami
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Registration Date: 08.19.07
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Kazegami Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Need You Now ~ Lady Antebellum

My Anime List

08.31.2015, 04:54 AM Kazegami is offline   Profile for Kazegami Add Kazegami to your buddy list
FlareNetworkC
Totoro

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by FlareNetworkC Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Don't Say Lazy- Yoko Hikasa

Also known as K-On's first ending theme, and probably the best song in the series. I quite like a lot of K-On's songs, even if the show itself was a little dull, but Don't Say Lazy takes the cake as the best one.

09.09.2015, 08:11 PM FlareNetworkC is offline   Profile for FlareNetworkC Add FlareNetworkC to your buddy list
Saddletank
Miyazaki's Best Friend

I agree that there was some very very good music in that series. I am sure KyoAni planned from the outset to sell music CDs as part of the overall project profits

The anime itself was rather bleh. It had its cute moments but hardly worth sitting through two series and a movie for.

09.10.2015, 03:43 AM Saddletank is offline   Profile for Saddletank Add Saddletank to your buddy list Send an Email to Saddletank
arren18
Administrator

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by arren18 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

I've never been very drawn to the actual show, but I also agree there are some good songs. Unfortunately, my impression is that the music itself isn't as important to the series as the generic hi-jinks.

09.10.2015, 08:35 AM arren18 is offline   Profile for arren18 Add arren18 to your buddy list Homepage of arren18
Saddletank
Miyazaki's Best Friend

It was just moe overdose. There was no plot, story or progression really. I started watching it hoping it would be another Beck but was sorely disappointed. It was very popular though. Moe sells apparently, or it did in that moment, it may be too overused to sell any more.

09.10.2015, 10:51 AM Saddletank is offline   Profile for Saddletank Add Saddletank to your buddy list Send an Email to Saddletank
FlareNetworkC
Totoro

I was hoping Kyo-Ani would match their record of good shows that they have like Haruhi and all of the Key Works, but Saddles put it rightly, it was moe overdose.

09.10.2015, 05:08 PM FlareNetworkC is offline   Profile for FlareNetworkC Add FlareNetworkC to your buddy list
arren18
Administrator

If you're interested in a KyoAni show that's actually about the music then I recommend Hibike! Euphonium. I was really impressed with it.

Unrelated:

The Blue Hearts - Love Letter

09.10.2015, 06:12 PM arren18 is offline   Profile for arren18 Add arren18 to your buddy list Homepage of arren18
fenkashi
Dibs on Supreme Overlord

Registration Date: 08.12.07
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by fenkashi Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Summer days in bloom - Maximilian Hecker

09.10.2015, 09:02 PM fenkashi is offline   Profile for fenkashi Add fenkashi to your buddy list
[  «    ...  211  212  213  214  215  216  217  218  219  ...    »  ]   « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to:

Online Ghibli
Ghibli Tavern is powered by WoltLab, hosted by Teragon Networks