QuickLink:
Ghibli Tavern - #2 What are you listening to right now?
Home Register Frequently Asked Questions Search Members List Moderators and Administrators
Ghibli Tavern - Tavern General Discussions #2 What are you listening to right now? Hello Guest [register|login]
« Previous Thread | Next Thread » Print Page | Recommend to Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Author
Post [  «    ...  213  214  215  216  217  218  219  220  221  ...    »  ]
belborges
Ohmu

Registration Date: 11.01.15
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by belborges Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Tong Poo - Yellow Magic Orchestra

REALiTi - Grimes

Last Train Home - Pat Metheny Group

11.02.2015, 12:24 AM belborges is offline   Profile for belborges Add belborges to your buddy list
husky51
The Old Guy

Registration Date: 03.17.08
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by husky51 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

listening to an old folk song album of "Peter, Paul and Mary"

11.02.2015, 12:02 PM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
Koda
Ohmu

Registration Date: 07.09.13
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Koda Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Listening to White Noise by PVRIS, it's an American rock band. Quite a chilling song

11.02.2015, 07:13 PM Koda is offline   Profile for Koda Add Koda to your buddy list Send an Email to Koda
Saddletank
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Registration Date: 09.28.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Saddletank Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Goo Goo Dolls - Iris

(as the music in an Evangelion AMV)

"An old man like me stands no chance fighting against a high school girl in her underwear" - Oshino Meme, Nekomonogatari (Kuro)

11.02.2015, 08:24 PM Saddletank is offline   Profile for Saddletank Add Saddletank to your buddy list Send an Email to Saddletank
Kazegami
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Registration Date: 08.19.07
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Kazegami Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Tina Guo, a beautiful and very talented cellist.

Sakura

Schindler's List Main Theme

The Rains of Castamere

My Anime List

11.06.2015, 11:16 PM Kazegami is offline   Profile for Kazegami Add Kazegami to your buddy list
Lynnie
Kodama

Registration Date: 10.07.15
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Lynnie Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Constriction- Joe Hisaishi

11.12.2015, 04:31 PM Lynnie is offline   Profile for Lynnie Add Lynnie to your buddy list
Saddletank
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Saddletank Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Thanks Kaz -Sakura was amazing.

Genesis - Selling England by the Pound.

Listen. Just listen to those lyrics. Really listen. Peter Gabriel was and is a master of beautiful and harsh lyrics. So truthful.

I don't suppose anyone here remembers Green Shield Stamps?

"An old man like me stands no chance fighting against a high school girl in her underwear" - Oshino Meme, Nekomonogatari (Kuro)

Post last edited by Saddletank on 11.12.2015, 07:01 PM.

11.12.2015, 06:57 PM Saddletank is offline   Profile for Saddletank Add Saddletank to your buddy list Send an Email to Saddletank
Lynnie
Kodama

Registration Date: 10.07.15
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Lynnie Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

T-ARA & Supernova- TTL2 (Time to Love (2nd ver)).

11.14.2015, 02:56 PM Lynnie is offline   Profile for Lynnie Add Lynnie to your buddy list
fenkashi
Dibs on Supreme Overlord

Registration Date: 08.12.07
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by fenkashi Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

11.15.2015, 11:12 PM fenkashi is offline   Profile for fenkashi Add fenkashi to your buddy list
belborges
Ohmu

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by belborges Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Grimes recently released her new album, Art Angels, gonna check it out soon.

For now, Ghost in the Shell's score composer, Kenji Kawai.
Making of Cyborg
This is beautiful.

Also, I've recently discovered this music YT channel, Artzie Music, which has some good stuff, imo.
TANUKI - BABYBABYの夢

11.16.2015, 12:19 AM belborges is offline   Profile for belborges Add belborges to your buddy list
Saddletank
Miyazaki's Best Friend

The whole Ghost in the Shell score is incredible. It suits the film perfectly.

11.16.2015, 05:57 AM Saddletank is offline   Profile for Saddletank Add Saddletank to your buddy list Send an Email to Saddletank
Saddletank
Miyazaki's Best Friend

And continuing the Mamoru Oshii and Kenji Kawai theme, the haunting music from another beautiful film:

11.16.2015, 10:12 AM Saddletank is offline   Profile for Saddletank Add Saddletank to your buddy list Send an Email to Saddletank
belborges
Ohmu

I know, right?

I'm doing some research on robotics and A.I., so I decided to rewatch GITS... I'm older now so I was able to understand better the theme of the film, and I'm in love again with the beautiful soundtrack.

11.16.2015, 11:02 PM belborges is offline   Profile for belborges Add belborges to your buddy list
belborges
Ohmu

Saddletank, I... I just listened to The Sky Crawlers theme...
It's breathtaking!! It's so, so beautiful!!
It's also incredibly familiar.

I'm listening to it repeatedly.

11.16.2015, 11:29 PM belborges is offline   Profile for belborges Add belborges to your buddy list
Saddletank
Miyazaki's Best Friend

It has a very similar mood to "Cyborg", very typically Japanese full of sadness and loss.

The film is... I am not sure how you'd take it. It is hard to watch because the pacing is typically traditional Japanese - that is, to western preferences, its very slow. The action in the combat scenes is intense and amazing but the action on the ground between the characters is where the story is, and it unfolds slowly and in obtuse way, but the ending is... well I think its one of the finer animated films in the last decade.

11.17.2015, 06:13 AM Saddletank is offline   Profile for Saddletank Add Saddletank to your buddy list Send an Email to Saddletank
belborges
Ohmu

Oh well, some say Ghibli films are very slow compared to other anime but I love 'em the way they are. I'm really attached to slow paced films, more than action films, tbh. So it wouldn't be a problem. What I seek for in a film is a message, or purpose.

I'll definetely check out The Sky Crawlers soon.

11.17.2015, 09:05 PM belborges is offline   Profile for belborges Add belborges to your buddy list
Saddletank
Miyazaki's Best Friend

I would say Ghibli pacing is fast compared to The Sky Crawlers. I have seen reviews that call it "boring" and "laboured", hence why I'm warning you beforehand!

11.18.2015, 05:35 AM Saddletank is offline   Profile for Saddletank Add Saddletank to your buddy list Send an Email to Saddletank
belborges
Ohmu

Finally had the time to check Art Angels out.

I'm happy to see Claire experimenting new ideas, it means she's still interested in music and wants to expand her work.

I strongly disagree with people who're too resistant to changes, who always complain every time their favorite musician decides to work with a new style. I think change is part of artistic development. If you don't like it, just stick with what they've done before.

Besides, Grimes is still the Grimes we know. She's just tryin' new ways to make music.

Visions is still my favorite album, but I admire Art Angels for its intentions.

Very different from Visions, isn't it?

Post last edited by belborges on 11.19.2015, 10:46 PM.

11.19.2015, 10:42 PM belborges is offline   Profile for belborges Add belborges to your buddy list
Saddletank
Miyazaki's Best Friend

EDEN's incredible cover of Michael Jackson's Billie Jean

11.23.2015, 02:20 PM Saddletank is offline   Profile for Saddletank Add Saddletank to your buddy list Send an Email to Saddletank
belborges
Ohmu

quote:
Originally posted by Saddletank
EDEN's incredible cover of Michael Jackson's Billie Jean

Wah! I kinda liked it! And I'm very picky about MJ's covers.

Today I listened again to Arcade Fire's Reflektor. It's been a while since I last listened to AF. I was obsessed over it around a year ago, it's so nice to listen to it again, almost like meeting an old friend.

And I listened to Bo En again... It hurts so much after... oh well...

11.29.2015, 03:32 PM belborges is offline   Profile for belborges Add belborges to your buddy list
[  «    ...  213  214  215  216  217  218  219  220  221  ...    »  ]   « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to:

Online Ghibli
Ghibli Tavern is powered by WoltLab, hosted by Teragon Networks