QuickLink:
Ghibli Tavern - #2 What are you listening to right now?
Home Register Frequently Asked Questions Search Members List Moderators and Administrators
Ghibli Tavern » - Tavern » General Discussions » #2 What are you listening to right now? » Hello Guest [register|login]
« Previous Thread | Next Thread » Print Page | Recommend to Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Author
Post [  «    ...  207  208  209  210  211  212  213  214  215  ...    »  ]
husky51
The Old Guy

Registration Date: 03.17.08
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by husky51 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Listening to some orchestral music...

Beethoven's Ninth, 'Ode to Joy'... Gives me shivvers...

Ravel's Bolero... one of my favorites...

the 1812 Overture... always stirring, i know the a author, but can't spell it offhand... Tchaikovski, something like that... Looked it up and I missed one letter...Tchaikovsky...

========================================

I am now watching the fabulous Danish Pianist/comedian Victor Borge... He is a classical pianist of great reknown that has infused comedy into his performance. Tonight he was playing a duet with another pianist with one little handicap, Victor played the right hand notes and the other man played the left hand notes and they never missed a note. And at the same time the men were pantomining about a pesky fly and at one point a stage hand comes out and takes over for Victor (still one-handed) while Victor gets up and retrieves a flyswatter from the inside of the other piano... With his act, you can't stop laughing. I highly recommend him to all of you if you like good music and humor...

Post last edited by husky51 on 11.29.2014, 05:03 AM.

11.29.2014, 04:18 AM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
saviour2012
Baron

Registration Date: 02.24.12
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by saviour2012 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by husky51
Listening to some orchestral music...

Beethoven's Ninth, 'Ode to Joy'... Gives me shivvers...

Ravel's Bolero... one of my favorites...

i also quite like beethoven, also listen to bach and some other classics

Ask, think and learn. Because the more we know the more we grow.

Watching the wrong to happen is the same as commiting the wrong.

If it looks like things are forcing you to be creative, Then be creative.

its a uniquely Miyazaki film, one only he could make and its uniqueness places it beyond being easily critiqued.[About Porco Rosso]
taken from a quote of Saddletank and Orphic Okapi

11.29.2014, 07:55 AM saviour2012 is offline   Profile for saviour2012 Add saviour2012 to your buddy list Send an Email to saviour2012 Homepage of saviour2012
Kazegami
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Registration Date: 08.19.07
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Kazegami Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Have Yourself A Merry Little Christmas ~ Michael Bublé

My Anime List

12.06.2014, 02:28 PM Kazegami is offline   Profile for Kazegami Add Kazegami to your buddy list
yoshi_totoro
Susuwatari

Registration Date: 12.07.14
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by yoshi_totoro Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Kids by MGMT

12.07.2014, 03:53 PM yoshi_totoro is offline   Profile for yoshi_totoro Add yoshi_totoro to your buddy list
Saddletank
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Registration Date: 09.28.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Saddletank Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Xalucard96X 's nightcore playlist from YouTube

https://www.youtube.com/user/Xalucard96X/

Nocturne is especially nice...

"An old man like me stands no chance fighting against a high school girl in her underwear" - Oshino Meme, Nekomonogatari (Kuro)

Post last edited by Saddletank on 12.07.2014, 04:47 PM.

12.07.2014, 04:43 PM Saddletank is offline   Profile for Saddletank Add Saddletank to your buddy list Send an Email to Saddletank
husky51
The Old Guy

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by husky51 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

John Denver- "Country Road" We know what this tune made me think of...

12.09.2014, 07:54 PM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
Kazegami
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Kazegami Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Run Devil Run ~ Girls Generation

My Anime List

12.11.2014, 12:30 PM Kazegami is offline   Profile for Kazegami Add Kazegami to your buddy list
Saddletank
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Saddletank Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Xalucard96X - Blue (Koan Sound Remix)

I adore the picture as well.

"An old man like me stands no chance fighting against a high school girl in her underwear" - Oshino Meme, Nekomonogatari (Kuro)

12.22.2014, 05:33 PM Saddletank is offline   Profile for Saddletank Add Saddletank to your buddy list Send an Email to Saddletank
Saddletank
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Eh, I'm on a nightcore roll...

Post last edited by Saddletank on 12.28.2014, 11:02 AM.

12.28.2014, 11:01 AM Saddletank is offline   Profile for Saddletank Add Saddletank to your buddy list Send an Email to Saddletank
Saddletank
Miyazaki's Best Friend

12.28.2014, 11:02 AM Saddletank is offline   Profile for Saddletank Add Saddletank to your buddy list Send an Email to Saddletank
Saddletank
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Happy Christmas everyone.

Post last edited by Saddletank on 12.30.2014, 08:04 AM.

12.30.2014, 08:03 AM Saddletank is offline   Profile for Saddletank Add Saddletank to your buddy list Send an Email to Saddletank
foreignfilmfreak
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Registration Date: 10.02.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by foreignfilmfreak Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q8cz2qPa3sU

They're a Japanese indie band that sing entirely in English. Their music is so beautiful and dreamy. They're actually from the same area of Japan the majority of my friends there are from. Which is kind of rare to me. The area is big but it's not a place I hear many artists coming out of.

01.05.2015, 10:52 AM foreignfilmfreak is offline   Profile for foreignfilmfreak Add foreignfilmfreak to your buddy list
husky51
The Old Guy

Been a while since I heard this song... Then just found out that part of the video was made in my neighborhood...

Tears For Fears - Everybody Wants To Rule The World

http://vimeo.com/23534493

Places near me are at 1:20 and 2:40. Unfortunately, The Wheel Inn closed up this last summer. The dinosaurs, built by Claude Bell, are still there and were a part of a Peewee Herman film... his Great Adventure, I think.

The sand riding was out at Windy Point, just outside Palm Springs.

Post last edited by husky51 on 01.22.2015, 01:20 AM.

01.08.2015, 10:08 PM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
Kazegami
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Casual Affair ~ Panic at the Disco

My Anime List

01.21.2015, 07:13 PM Kazegami is offline   Profile for Kazegami Add Kazegami to your buddy list
potatotarzan
Kodama

Registration Date: 01.02.15
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by potatotarzan Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Whoa. I got this song on my iPod this morning. It's the opening from the movie Prince of Egypt. Even though I'm not a Christian anymore, it's still probably the most powerful song I know:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3WKN0XF8-3Q

01.23.2015, 08:07 PM potatotarzan is offline   Profile for potatotarzan Add potatotarzan to your buddy list
Kazegami
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Shatter Me ~ Lindsey Stirling ft. Lzzy Hale

My Anime List

01.29.2015, 09:20 PM Kazegami is offline   Profile for Kazegami Add Kazegami to your buddy list
Saddletank
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Weird - PT - I watched Prince of Egypt again yesterday. Strange co-incidence. The musical score is excellent. I also think its one of the better more 'artsy' mainstream western animations we've seen in recent years.

01.30.2015, 04:48 AM Saddletank is offline   Profile for Saddletank Add Saddletank to your buddy list Send an Email to Saddletank
husky51
The Old Guy

It has been a long since I last heard it, but I played "Jesus Christ, Super Star" album. I, too, am no longer a believer, but I still love the sound and cadence of these songs....

Jesus Christ, Super Star,
Do You think You're what they say You are?

They belong in the times of "Hair", "Aquarius"...

01.30.2015, 05:31 AM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
Saddletank
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Traditional Modern Japanese Music

02.05.2015, 12:22 PM Saddletank is offline   Profile for Saddletank Add Saddletank to your buddy list Send an Email to Saddletank
arren18
Administrator

Registration Date: 08.15.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by arren18 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Hyde - Season's Call

02.05.2015, 06:11 PM arren18 is offline   Profile for arren18 Add arren18 to your buddy list Homepage of arren18
[  «    ...  207  208  209  210  211  212  213  214  215  ...    »  ]   « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to:

Online Ghibli
Ghibli Tavern is powered by WoltLab, hosted by Teragon Networks