QuickLink:
Ghibli Tavern - #2 What are you listening to right now?
Home Register Frequently Asked Questions Search Members List Moderators and Administrators
Ghibli Tavern - Tavern General Discussions #2 What are you listening to right now? Hello Guest [register|login]
« Previous Thread | Next Thread » Print Page | Recommend to Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Author
Post [  «    ...  208  209  210  211  212  213  214  215  216  ...    »  ]
husky51
The Old Guy

Registration Date: 03.17.08
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by husky51 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Saddletank
Traditional Modern Japanese Music

While not my cup of tea, so to speak I was intrigued by the switching back and forth between traditional and modern instruments...

02.06.2015, 03:08 AM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
Saddletank
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Registration Date: 09.28.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Saddletank Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

From another YouTube video:

"Wagakki Band is a new rock entertainment band that combines Shigin, Japanese traditional instruments and rock music. After releasing their debut album 「Vocalo Zanmai」in April 2014, which ranked in 5th in its first appearance in the Oricon weekly rankings, the album achieved top 10 status twice. Wagakki Band’s debut album remained in the top 100 after 22 weeks of its release. In addition, the「Senbon Zakura」music video in Wagakki Band’s debut album achieved 10 million views as of October 2013.

In July, the band excited over 4000 fans at the「15th JAPAN EXPO 2014」held in Paris, France. In Japan, the band hosted concerts in July and August and both of these events sold out within minutes.

Wagakki Band’s next live will be held at Shibuya Kokaido on January 7,2015. This will be the band’s first ever concert hall live and tickets sold out on the day they were released."

"An old man like me stands no chance fighting against a high school girl in her underwear" - Oshino Meme, Nekomonogatari (Kuro)

02.06.2015, 07:12 AM Saddletank is offline   Profile for Saddletank Add Saddletank to your buddy list Send an Email to Saddletank
awakewaver
Susuwatari

Registration Date: 02.07.15
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by awakewaver Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

This is my song!

Ed Sheeran - Thinking Out Loud (x Acoustic Session)

02.07.2015, 07:01 AM awakewaver is offline   Profile for awakewaver Add awakewaver to your buddy list
Kazegami
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Registration Date: 08.19.07
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Kazegami Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Tsukioku no Mon Amour ~ Kamijo

My Anime List

02.07.2015, 03:28 PM Kazegami is offline   Profile for Kazegami Add Kazegami to your buddy list
Lalia Tabitha
Susuwatari

Registration Date: 02.08.15
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Lalia Tabitha Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

I am listening to True by Spandau Ballet! My all time favorite cool song.

02.08.2015, 11:19 PM Lalia Tabitha is offline   Profile for Lalia Tabitha Add Lalia Tabitha to your buddy list
husky51
The Old Guy

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by husky51 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Welcome to the Tavern, Lalia Tabitha, Welcome. We all hope you will enjoy it here... Again, Welcome...

02.09.2015, 03:08 AM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
Kazegami
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Kazegami Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Ayakashi ~ Versailles

My Anime List

02.09.2015, 09:43 PM Kazegami is offline   Profile for Kazegami Add Kazegami to your buddy list
Kailee Brambani
Kodama

Registration Date: 12.05.14
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Kailee Brambani Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

I'm listening to the Fated to Love You OST. Right now the track is Jung Dong Ha's Destiny Sonata.

02.10.2015, 01:39 AM Kailee Brambani is offline   Profile for Kailee Brambani Add Kailee Brambani to your buddy list
Kazegami
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Moulin Rouge ~ Kamijo

My Anime List

02.14.2015, 09:52 PM Kazegami is offline   Profile for Kazegami Add Kazegami to your buddy list
husky51
The Old Guy

Liostenng to some Johnny Cash tunes...

Ring of Fire
Folsom Prison Blues
Walk the Line
Man in Black
et al...

02.14.2015, 10:25 PM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
Saddletank
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Saddletank Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Lady Fantasy by Camel.

I have liked Camel since the 70s and this track was one of my favourites of theirs when I was in the 6th form at school. I had an unrequited love and passion for the most amazing girl - not just beautiful but the most curious and appealing personality as well. Whenever I hear this song I think of her again and wonder where she is now and what her life turned out like. She is my age and I hope she's happy.

Ah, sad memories.

"An old man like me stands no chance fighting against a high school girl in her underwear" - Oshino Meme, Nekomonogatari (Kuro)

02.15.2015, 09:46 AM Saddletank is offline   Profile for Saddletank Add Saddletank to your buddy list Send an Email to Saddletank
arren18
Administrator

Registration Date: 08.15.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by arren18 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Radiohead - Street Spirit (Fade Out)

03.04.2015, 04:33 PM arren18 is offline   Profile for arren18 Add arren18 to your buddy list Homepage of arren18
Saddletank
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Lain OST - Cloudy with Occasional Rain

Hey, I just realised that might be an intentional pun due to the way Japanese people might pronounce the word "Rain".

03.06.2015, 09:03 AM Saddletank is offline   Profile for Saddletank Add Saddletank to your buddy list Send an Email to Saddletank
husky51
The Old Guy

Listening to a PBS channel fund raiser with a series of John Denver songs and stories. I hadn't known that his father was a jet pilot with the Air Force and was the one who taught him to fly. I enjoyed all of the songs that were presented, including "Country Road" and many others.

03.08.2015, 02:48 AM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
husky51
The Old Guy

Another PBS show, "Celtic Woman, tenth anniversary"

It is hard to believe that I've been enjoying them for ten years now...

03.15.2015, 01:22 AM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
Saddletank
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Gaah, this made me cry.

03.15.2015, 06:43 AM Saddletank is offline   Profile for Saddletank Add Saddletank to your buddy list Send an Email to Saddletank
husky51
The Old Guy

I listened to the song, Saddles, but nothing for me... I can't place the string instrument, but it doesn't seem to be a standard violin... I don't know enough about them to tell the difference.

The song must have resonated with you on a personal level in some way to affect you that way, but to me it seemed a bit 'choppy (?) and uneven', if these are the descriptions that I'm looking for.

As I was listening to it, I was trying to figure out what was on the chalkboard...

I'm glad that you enjoyed it though...

I will give it another listen...

03.15.2015, 11:06 AM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
arren18
Administrator

Registration Date: 08.15.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by arren18 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Depeche Mode - A Question of Time

03.15.2015, 04:17 PM arren18 is offline   Profile for arren18 Add arren18 to your buddy list Homepage of arren18
husky51
The Old Guy

happened to come across this one...

Gentlemen -- PSY

03.15.2015, 09:53 PM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
Saddletank
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Subtact - Anomaly

A really happy tune

03.18.2015, 03:06 PM Saddletank is offline   Profile for Saddletank Add Saddletank to your buddy list Send an Email to Saddletank
[  «    ...  208  209  210  211  212  213  214  215  216  ...    »  ]   « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to:

Online Ghibli
Ghibli Tavern is powered by WoltLab, hosted by Teragon Networks