QuickLink:
Ghibli Tavern - #2 What are you listening to right now?
Home Register Frequently Asked Questions Search Members List Moderators and Administrators
Ghibli Tavern » - Tavern » General Discussions » #2 What are you listening to right now? » Hello Guest [register|login]
« Previous Thread | Next Thread » Print Page | Recommend to Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Author
Post [  «    ...  205  206  207  208  209  210  211  212  213  ...    »  ]
hunters moon
Calcifer

Registration Date: 05.15.14
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by hunters moon Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

WILLIAM BYRD'S~the three masses.

regards J

08.05.2014, 06:02 AM hunters moon is offline   Profile for hunters moon Add hunters moon to your buddy list
fenkashi
Dibs on Supreme Overlord

Registration Date: 08.12.07
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by fenkashi Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Is this Love - Whitesnake

08.06.2014, 11:41 AM fenkashi is offline   Profile for fenkashi Add fenkashi to your buddy list
Saddletank
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Registration Date: 09.28.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Saddletank Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Good grief, THE Whitesnake, David Coverdale, Jon Lord, et al? How did you get to hear of them?

Oblivion movie sound track. Amazing music. Great to have flowing in the background nice and loud while I'm working away at other things.

Great movie too.

"An old man like me stands no chance fighting against a high school girl in her underwear" - Oshino Meme, Nekomonogatari (Kuro)

Post last edited by Saddletank on 08.06.2014, 11:52 AM.

08.06.2014, 11:51 AM Saddletank is offline   Profile for Saddletank Add Saddletank to your buddy list Send an Email to Saddletank
fenkashi
Dibs on Supreme Overlord

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by fenkashi Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by Saddletank
Good grief, THE Whitesnake, David Coverdale, Jon Lord, et al? How did you get to hear of them?

The one and only ^^ I love classic rock! Whitesnake, though. I remember how I found out about them. It was through that Bowling for Soup song, 1985?

she was gonna be an actress
she was gonna be a star
she was gonna shake her a**
on the hood of Whitesnake's car

----

Tom Sawyer - Rush

Post last edited by fenkashi on 08.06.2014, 01:47 PM.

08.06.2014, 01:47 PM fenkashi is offline   Profile for fenkashi Add fenkashi to your buddy list
Saddletank
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Saddletank Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

I AM impressed!

Well, to show my age I saw Rainbow, the Ian Gillan Band and Whitesnake all at either the Marquee or Hammersmith Odeon in the late 70s or early 80s. I have one of Blackmore's plectrums in my bedside table still, and a pair of jeans I can no longer get into with Rainbow's signatures on

Sadly I never got to see Deep Purple live

Right now - some more Nightcore mixes... ah, so much fun. No brains required, just PARTY!!!!

"An old man like me stands no chance fighting against a high school girl in her underwear" - Oshino Meme, Nekomonogatari (Kuro)

08.06.2014, 03:02 PM Saddletank is offline   Profile for Saddletank Add Saddletank to your buddy list Send an Email to Saddletank
hunters moon
Calcifer

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by hunters moon Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

ASTRUD GILBERTO, JOAO GILBERTO~the girl from ipanema,super cool and super smooth and with the fabulous STAN GETZ on tenor saxophone, GETZ was the
most profound,creative tenor saxophone artist ever
(rest in peace stan).
regards J .

08.07.2014, 12:37 AM hunters moon is offline   Profile for hunters moon Add hunters moon to your buddy list
FlareNetworkC
Totoro

Registration Date: 07.02.14
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by FlareNetworkC Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

My stepdad LOVES Rush, Fen!! Like, he LOOOOOVES Rush. He's seen them.... 18 times, I think.
----
It Ain't Me, Babe-Joaquin Phoenix and Reese Witherspoon as Johnny Cash and June Carter.

Post last edited by FlareNetworkC on 08.07.2014, 08:37 PM.

08.07.2014, 08:35 PM FlareNetworkC is offline   Profile for FlareNetworkC Add FlareNetworkC to your buddy list
fenkashi
Dibs on Supreme Overlord

Saddles and Flare's dad have all my jealousy.

Deep Purple would have been amazeballs. My personal dream band to see would have been Queen, though.

---

John Legend - Made to Love

08.07.2014, 08:51 PM fenkashi is offline   Profile for fenkashi Add fenkashi to your buddy list
Saddletank
Miyazaki's Best Friend

I never saw Queen. Much to my dismay. Freddie on stage at the height of his talent would have been amazing.

When I was in my late teens/early 20s I had a couple of friends who were really into live music. This was in the days when £8 could get you a ticket to the Hammersmith Odeon and £20 into Earls Court to see bands like Genesis, Quo and Floyd.

Incredible days.

I love Rush too. I especially like their early stuff, Farewell to Kings, Moving Pictures and Signals are my favourite albums.

08.08.2014, 07:17 AM Saddletank is offline   Profile for Saddletank Add Saddletank to your buddy list Send an Email to Saddletank
fenkashi
Dibs on Supreme Overlord

Oh god, Floyd

One Kiss - JaeJoong

I changed my mind, My ONly Comfort by him instead
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m5yuJPoGK6A

Post last edited by fenkashi on 08.08.2014, 11:49 PM.

08.08.2014, 11:46 PM fenkashi is offline   Profile for fenkashi Add fenkashi to your buddy list
Saddletank
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Bastille Day - Rush

08.09.2014, 07:51 AM Saddletank is offline   Profile for Saddletank Add Saddletank to your buddy list Send an Email to Saddletank
hunters moon
Calcifer

JOAN ARMATRADING~love and affection,
smooth,deep,perfection,(a truly great album).

regards J .

08.10.2014, 02:20 AM hunters moon is offline   Profile for hunters moon Add hunters moon to your buddy list
Saddletank
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Gold - Owl City

and now

Keep Your Eyes Open - Need to Breathe

08.10.2014, 07:27 AM Saddletank is offline   Profile for Saddletank Add Saddletank to your buddy list Send an Email to Saddletank
hunters moon
Calcifer

JACQUELINE du PRE playing ELGAR'S cello concerto
in e minor.
regards J .

08.14.2014, 03:30 AM hunters moon is offline   Profile for hunters moon Add hunters moon to your buddy list
Saddletank
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Sunrise Avenue - Fairytale Gone Bad

08.19.2014, 05:59 PM Saddletank is offline   Profile for Saddletank Add Saddletank to your buddy list Send an Email to Saddletank
fenkashi
Dibs on Supreme Overlord

Headstrong - Trapt

08.19.2014, 09:12 PM fenkashi is offline   Profile for fenkashi Add fenkashi to your buddy list
hunters moon
Calcifer

ROGER WATERS~RADIO K.A.O.S.
regards J .

08.19.2014, 11:50 PM hunters moon is offline   Profile for hunters moon Add hunters moon to your buddy list
husky51
The Old Guy

Registration Date: 03.17.08
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by husky51 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Just listened to an old tune (1966) by Sandy Posey... "Born a Woman" I loved the rhythm and sound of that tune. Yeah, yeah, I know, I'm a guy, but I used to sing along with it, but not in front of my Navy buddies. lol
If you get a chance, give it a listen...

08.23.2014, 05:08 AM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
Saddletank
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Shane Collins - Uplifting/Progressive Trance Sessions XXVI

There's some beautiful video to this:

10:57 - 12:41 downhill speed skateboarding
12:42 - 16:27 skydiving including freefall dancing (the dancing is amazing)
33:18 - 40:24 downhill speed triking (slide triking?), speeds of around 60mph
45:37 - 46:11 two gliders and 5 flying suits gliding in formation
46:12 - 1:00:58 (other scenes are interspersed but keep watching to the end). 9m 51.278s record drive up Pikes Peak Hill Climb by Nobuhiro Tajima in a Suzuki SX4 in 2011. Tajima set the record on the old road with dirt sections. Since fully paved, Sébastien Loeb set a new record in June 2013 driving an 875 hp mid-engined Peugeot 208 T16 for a time of 8m 13.878s.

Most of the rest of it is nature shots using timelapse photography - night skies, mountains, lakes, rivers, forests. A lot of it is really pretty and stills would make good wallpapers.

Post last edited by Saddletank on 08.23.2014, 06:19 AM.

08.23.2014, 06:18 AM Saddletank is offline   Profile for Saddletank Add Saddletank to your buddy list Send an Email to Saddletank
hunters moon
Calcifer

EVERYTHING BUT THE GIRL~AMPLIFIED HEART.
a very classy album.

regards J .

08.24.2014, 01:17 AM hunters moon is offline   Profile for hunters moon Add hunters moon to your buddy list
[  «    ...  205  206  207  208  209  210  211  212  213  ...    »  ]   « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to:

Online Ghibli
Ghibli Tavern is powered by WoltLab, hosted by Teragon Networks