QuickLink:
Ghibli Tavern - #2 What's the Highlight of your Day!!!
Home Register Frequently Asked Questions Search Members List Moderators and Administrators
Ghibli Tavern » - Tavern » General Discussions » #2 What's the Highlight of your Day!!! » Hello Guest [register|login]
« Previous Thread | Next Thread » Print Page | Recommend to Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Author
Post [  «    ...  606  607  608  609  610  611  612  613  614  ...    »  ]
belborges
Ohmu

Registration Date: 11.01.15
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by belborges Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by FlareNetworkC
HL: Saw The Good Dinosaur with a friend yesterday. It was just meh.

It really seems "meh" on the trailer. Honestly, my expectations about the shortfilm presented along with it are higher, the one with the Indian boy. The concept is so interesting! What did you think of it?

Post last edited by belborges on 11.30.2015, 09:50 PM.

11.30.2015, 09:50 PM belborges is offline   Profile for belborges Add belborges to your buddy list
foreignfilmfreak
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Registration Date: 10.02.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by foreignfilmfreak Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Just waiting on my application to reach the embassy. Should be there tomorrow. I paid $20 so it better be. XD I'll check the tracking number.

HL: Excited to move onto better things. Only six more months. So looking forward to post-grad life.

LL: So. Many. Assignments.

Boyfriend was sick so I had to skip class to care for him. But I hate going back to his place or my place because I just don't do anything but curl up in a ball.

11.30.2015, 11:44 PM foreignfilmfreak is offline   Profile for foreignfilmfreak Add foreignfilmfreak to your buddy list
FlareNetworkC
Totoro

Registration Date: 07.02.14
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by FlareNetworkC Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

The short was great, and I personally liked it more than the Lava short from Inside Out, but it didn't beat any of Pixar's older shorts, like For the Birds or Presto. It had the magic that The Good Dinosaur lacked. The movie felt much more like Dreamworks than Pixar.

12.01.2015, 07:10 AM FlareNetworkC is offline   Profile for FlareNetworkC Add FlareNetworkC to your buddy list
Lynnie
Kodama

Registration Date: 10.07.15
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Lynnie Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Finished my last exams the other day and today I'll be meeting up with a friend!

12.16.2015, 01:33 PM Lynnie is offline   Profile for Lynnie Add Lynnie to your buddy list
Saddletank
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Registration Date: 09.28.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Saddletank Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Haha, meeting friends after exams are finished is always great!

"An old man like me stands no chance fighting against a high school girl in her underwear" - Oshino Meme, Nekomonogatari (Kuro)

12.16.2015, 02:16 PM Saddletank is offline   Profile for Saddletank Add Saddletank to your buddy list Send an Email to Saddletank
husky51
The Old Guy

Registration Date: 03.17.08
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by husky51 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

HL:
Some of my Grandkiddies will be coming over for awhile this afternoon, four to be exact...

Get to love'm to pieces...lol

LL:
Got to totally clean house this AM, especially the frontroom... sigh

12.16.2015, 02:18 PM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
saviour2012
Baron

Registration Date: 02.24.12
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by saviour2012 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by husky51
HL:
Some of my Grandkiddies will be coming over for awhile this afternoon, four to be exact...

Get to love'm to pieces...lol

LL:
Got to totally clean house this AM, especially the frontroom... sigh

husky can you please share some of your photos with your grandchildren, specially with kids. your choice ofcourse

Ask, think and learn. Because the more we know the more we grow.

Watching the wrong to happen is the same as commiting the wrong.

If it looks like things are forcing you to be creative, Then be creative.

its a uniquely Miyazaki film, one only he could make and its uniqueness places it beyond being easily critiqued.[About Porco Rosso]
taken from a quote of Saddletank and Orphic Okapi

12.16.2015, 03:19 PM saviour2012 is offline   Profile for saviour2012 Add saviour2012 to your buddy list Send an Email to saviour2012 Homepage of saviour2012
Saddletank
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Saddletank Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Saviour - there's often very good reasons why people shouldn't put pictures of minors on the internet.

"An old man like me stands no chance fighting against a high school girl in her underwear" - Oshino Meme, Nekomonogatari (Kuro)

12.16.2015, 07:07 PM Saddletank is offline   Profile for Saddletank Add Saddletank to your buddy list Send an Email to Saddletank
Kazegami
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Registration Date: 08.19.07
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Kazegami Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Sadly, yeah.

HL: I'm hooome~! So nice to be back. Home is so full of happy dogs and free food. Also my bed here is sooo much nicer, feels like sleeping on a cloud.

My Anime List

12.16.2015, 10:26 PM Kazegami is offline   Profile for Kazegami Add Kazegami to your buddy list
saviour2012
Baron

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by saviour2012 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by Saddletank
Saviour - there's often very good reasons why people shouldn't put pictures of minors on the internet.

i agree with you saddle but we do not need to be paranoid, and quite often i actually do not understand this western culture(absolute privacy)

here is an interesting article from guardian. it is a neutral article with lots of worries about online profile of a person

http://www.theguardian.com/technology/20...facebook-photos

here is a quote from the article
quote:
I do it because I want to share the growth and development of my children with friends and relatives who don’t necessarily live nearby. It seems harmless, as my privacy settings mean that only my friends can see them.But is that good enough?

i would say it is alright, if you share it privately. i just wanted to compare them to myself and my cousins to see the similarities of growing up in different country and culture. it was just a polite request

its a uniquely Miyazaki film, one only he could make and its uniqueness places it beyond being easily critiqued.[About Porco Rosso]

Post last edited by saviour2012 on 12.17.2015, 02:51 AM.

12.17.2015, 02:44 AM saviour2012 is offline   Profile for saviour2012 Add saviour2012 to your buddy list Send an Email to saviour2012 Homepage of saviour2012
Saddletank
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Trust me, no need to try and understand it, just accept it. It's up to Husky - well, no it's not, it would be up to the parents of his grandchildren if they wanted pics of their kids on the internet.

If I had a small child, I wouldn't put them up.

Sadly there are a lot of very unpleasant people out there. Best to just not give them the material.

Post last edited by Saddletank on 12.17.2015, 05:12 AM.

12.17.2015, 05:09 AM Saddletank is offline   Profile for Saddletank Add Saddletank to your buddy list Send an Email to Saddletank
foreignfilmfreak
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Registration Date: 10.02.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by foreignfilmfreak Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

I suppose it's different for me because most people I'm friends with always post photos of their kids. lol

HL: Woowoo, finally done my second to last university semester!!

12.17.2015, 08:34 AM foreignfilmfreak is offline   Profile for foreignfilmfreak Add foreignfilmfreak to your buddy list
FlareNetworkC
Totoro

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by FlareNetworkC Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Good for you, FFF!

HL: 3/4 of the way through middle school! One semester to go! Also, my birthday is tomorrow.

12.17.2015, 07:49 PM FlareNetworkC is offline   Profile for FlareNetworkC Add FlareNetworkC to your buddy list
belborges
Ohmu

Registration Date: 11.01.15
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by belborges Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Happy early birthday, Flare!!

quote:
Happy, happy birthday
From all of us to you
We wish it was our birthday
So we could party too
Happy, happy birthday
May all your dreams come true
We wish it was our birthday
So we could party too!

12.17.2015, 10:34 PM belborges is offline   Profile for belborges Add belborges to your buddy list
husky51
The Old Guy

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by husky51 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

hahaha, well said, bel...

Happy Birthday Flare....

12.18.2015, 02:48 AM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
jusomekid
Ohmu

Registration Date: 06.21.10
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by jusomekid Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Happy Birthday Flare!
Enjoy your teen years while you still have them

12.18.2015, 10:56 AM jusomekid is offline   Profile for jusomekid Add jusomekid to your buddy list
FlareNetworkC
Totoro

Thanks everyone! Officially 14!

12.18.2015, 11:30 AM FlareNetworkC is offline   Profile for FlareNetworkC Add FlareNetworkC to your buddy list
Kazegami
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Registration Date: 08.19.07
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Kazegami Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Happy birthday, Flare! ^.^ Hope you have a great day~

HL: Christmas shopping is dooone. Almost.

My Anime List

12.18.2015, 11:41 AM Kazegami is offline   Profile for Kazegami Add Kazegami to your buddy list
saviour2012
Baron

quote:

Happy birthday flare

"Enjoy your teen years while you still have them" and i would add from my experience that you should experiment with your studies to find out what you like best, can start learning programming( python is a great choice) if you dont hate nerd stuff. many of the great people did very good in their field because they had a little head start, so having a interest and trying to gain some skills in it can really benefit one in the long run, and even if you dont pursue your carrier in it you dont lose that skill that is a great thing about knowledge

i am saying because at school i mostly went with the flow, do good result bla bla, that made me lose focus on my interest. fortunately i am lucky enough to pursue my career in my interest field but i feel that i should have started studying at least two year earlier(i mean in relation to international level). and now i am trying to bridge that two year gap.

Post last edited by saviour2012 on 12.19.2015, 01:16 PM.

12.18.2015, 01:26 PM saviour2012 is offline   Profile for saviour2012 Add saviour2012 to your buddy list Send an Email to saviour2012 Homepage of saviour2012
husky51
The Old Guy

quote:
Originally posted by saviour2012
quote:

i am saying because at school i mostly went with the flow, do good result bla bla, that made me lose focus on my interest. fortunately i am lucky enough to {peruse my carrier} in my interest field but i feel that i should have started studying at least two year earlier(i mean in relation to international level). and now i am trying to bridge that two year gap.

I trust that you will not think bad of me for correcting your spelling in one instance...

Instead of 'peruse my carrier', I believe from the context of your sentence you meant to write 'pursue my career'...

peruse= to read
carrier= one who carries

persue = to chase or seek
career = profession

very close, but no cigar...

12.18.2015, 03:58 PM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
[  «    ...  606  607  608  609  610  611  612  613  614  ...    »  ]   « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to:

Online Ghibli
Ghibli Tavern is powered by WoltLab, hosted by Teragon Networks