QuickLink:
Ghibli Tavern - #2 What's the Highlight of your Day!!!
Home Register Frequently Asked Questions Search Members List Moderators and Administrators
Ghibli Tavern » - Tavern » General Discussions » #2 What's the Highlight of your Day!!! » Hello Guest [register|login]
« Previous Thread | Next Thread » Print Page | Recommend to Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Author
Post [  «    ...  605  606  607  608  609  610  611  612  613  ...    »  ]
belborges
Ohmu

Registration Date: 11.01.15
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by belborges Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Thanks, Flare!

11.23.2015, 09:36 PM belborges is offline   Profile for belborges Add belborges to your buddy list
Kazegami
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Registration Date: 08.19.07
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Kazegami Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

LL: I got kind of an 'eh' mark for that essay last week. But so did my friend and it's for the one class I really dislike this semester, so I'm not too down about it. The marking seems to have been kind of... questionable, and I hope that isn't just sour grapes talking. My friend showed me another friend's essay which got the same mark as ours; the English in it was a mess and they only cited five sources; someone else with a higher mark only cited three. It kind of flies in face of a lot of what we were taught last year about essay writing.

[/bitter]
[/end rant]

HL: my inexplicably high motivation persists~ I just finished reading what I found to be a very interesting, eye-opening and thought-provoking book. I'd like to start another, but I'd best get some sleep.

My Anime List

11.24.2015, 08:22 PM Kazegami is offline   Profile for Kazegami Add Kazegami to your buddy list
Saddletank
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Registration Date: 09.28.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Saddletank Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Is there a process by which students can challenge the marks their work is given? What you're describing does seem to be inconsistent.

"An old man like me stands no chance fighting against a high school girl in her underwear" - Oshino Meme, Nekomonogatari (Kuro)

11.25.2015, 05:11 AM Saddletank is offline   Profile for Saddletank Add Saddletank to your buddy list Send an Email to Saddletank
arren18
Administrator

Registration Date: 08.15.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by arren18 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Highlight: Booked my flight to Japan! I will be leaving for Osaka two months from today.

11.26.2015, 03:13 PM arren18 is online   Profile for arren18 Add arren18 to your buddy list Homepage of arren18
husky51
The Old Guy

Registration Date: 03.17.08
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by husky51 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

sigh, another tavern member I hate... lol jkg
I wish I could go and visit... oh, well...

I know it is still awhile, but enjoy yourself...

11.26.2015, 04:07 PM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
Kazegami
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Kazegami Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by Saddletank
Is there a process by which students can challenge the marks their work is given? What you're describing does seem to be inconsistent.

There is, but I'll probably leave it. I'll try to do better in the second essay and that should give me a decent grade overall for the module.

HL: kanji test went well this morning despite it being tough. Finally submitted my student loan application, so that's off my mind... And tomorrow I don't need to get up for anything or anyone and that's always a plus.

LL: two people in my group of friends dropped out this month. Both had barely turned up to classes since the beginning of the year and didn't really say anything to anyone about their intentions... It's a shame. But these things happen, I suppose.

My Anime List

11.26.2015, 05:09 PM Kazegami is offline   Profile for Kazegami Add Kazegami to your buddy list
foreignfilmfreak
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Registration Date: 10.02.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by foreignfilmfreak Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

HL: Yessss submitted my teaching application!!!!

I'm so relieved. It's done. I freaked out because I might've messed up one part but it's nothing that'll cause any issues (dates of usage of medications, I put today's date because there is no known date I will be finished with the meds and I stated I use them for my recurring skin condition, but should've just put currently in usage).

Must thank my referrals and everyone else who has crazy encouraged me to do this since I started university. ;o;

Fingers crossed I'm granted an interview. >.< I'm very happy with myself for at least applying.

11.26.2015, 09:30 PM foreignfilmfreak is offline   Profile for foreignfilmfreak Add foreignfilmfreak to your buddy list
belborges
Ohmu

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by belborges Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

LL: Today my group and I presented another seminar... and this time I screwed everything... I was really focused on memorizing and doing my part on the presentation, and I think I did it well, but then the professor asked something that was not part of the script and my friend asked me to explain it... I freaked out for a moment, 'cause I didn't understand what he meant, so I desperately said "No! I don't know! I can't do that!" "Are you sure, Bel?" "No... I really don't know...". AND 60+ PEOPLE WERE WATCHING, I WAS SO EMBARRASSED. Then I realized what he wanted, answered him properly and all, after being a total fool... It pissed me off. I always do my best on seminars, essays and assignments in general... Today I gave the wrong impression about me. Meh.

Post last edited by belborges on 11.26.2015, 10:13 PM.

11.26.2015, 10:12 PM belborges is offline   Profile for belborges Add belborges to your buddy list
FlareNetworkC
Totoro

Registration Date: 07.02.14
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by FlareNetworkC Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Aw, Beru! It's okay, there will always be a redemption chance. Then again, seeing as we have two completely different school systems and are on two different grade levels, maybe there isn't. But, we aren't perfect, and if you answered him correctly on the question eventually, then does how you got there really matter?

11.27.2015, 04:22 AM FlareNetworkC is offline   Profile for FlareNetworkC Add FlareNetworkC to your buddy list
belborges
Ohmu

Yeah... it doesn't matter, since I did it. The atmosphere got really weird anyway and it was really embarrassing... x_x
Oh well, I'll get over it!

11.27.2015, 10:57 AM belborges is offline   Profile for belborges Add belborges to your buddy list
husky51
The Old Guy

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by husky51 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

hahaha, I can relate to this completely... When I was younger and just out of the Navy, I still went to the Armed Services YMCA stage shows in San Diego because I personally knew all of the performers there. They were the ones to convince me to actually perform myself.

I did my first public singing in front of a crowd at a jam session at a local locker club restaurant one evening. I got up there and did my song and there were shouts of "Did I know any more?", which did my ego good... I then sang at a USO show in San Diego. and that gave me the courage to try at the YMCA show.

Now the other events were just on a slightly raised platform just off the floor level and maybe 50+ people at the USO. The YMCA was a full-blown stage with lights, curtains and 200-300+ people. I was the last performance for the show ( a talent show, btw) and I got out there with the spotlight in my eyes and I darn near fell down while at the microphone, my knees were shaking so much. Once I got into it I calmed down and finished my song. whew...

The worst time was when I was working security (iin uniform) at a night club on karaoke night and decided to try again. SIGH... I was used to singing the song I chose to myself at my own speed. Well, when I got up in front of the crowd the music was going much faster than I was and by the third verse, I was LOST!!!

I left to much laughter and I was laughing with them over my big goof and vowed to return. I did three weeks later and did the same song the right way this time...

The point is, belborges, that we may do many embarassing or unnerving things in our lives in front of others, but if we persevere, we can usually make it come out right.

Besides, if the crowd could have sung any better than I that first night, THEY would have been up where I was, lol All in all, it was fun...

@FFF
wishing you all the luck in the workd, young'n...

Post last edited by husky51 on 11.27.2015, 01:09 PM.

11.27.2015, 01:07 PM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
belborges
Ohmu

Whoa! So courageous of you to sing in front of so many people!! I'd totally lose myself and probably pass out, lol!
I guess you're right, everyone must go or have gone through something embarrassing at some point in life. But the show must go on, anyway!

11.27.2015, 01:30 PM belborges is offline   Profile for belborges Add belborges to your buddy list
Lynnie
Kodama

Registration Date: 10.07.15
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Lynnie Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Eating this oatmeal tbh

11.29.2015, 12:00 AM Lynnie is offline   Profile for Lynnie Add Lynnie to your buddy list
Kazegami
Miyazaki's Best Friend

LL: presentations, ugh. No-one likes them, why do they keep making us do them? Are presentations a common thing in most workplaces...? I cannot help but question their value.

My Anime List

11.29.2015, 08:51 AM Kazegami is offline   Profile for Kazegami Add Kazegami to your buddy list
foreignfilmfreak
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Registration Date: 10.02.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by foreignfilmfreak Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Depends. What are you presenting for?

We have a number of presentations too, but they're rather short. I always get ridiculously nervous.

11.29.2015, 09:04 AM foreignfilmfreak is offline   Profile for foreignfilmfreak Add foreignfilmfreak to your buddy list
husky51
The Old Guy

The only presentations in the workplace that I recall, if I am understanding that term correctly, was a written one to my boss or bosses for material(s) for my work or for a pay raise. I usually got what I asked for if I worded properly, although not always as much of either as I had wished for.

What exactly kind of presentations are we talking about here?

If this includes sales pitches to customers, if I truely believed that my customer NEEDED the product, then I could sell it, but if I had any doubts about my customers actual need for whatever it was I was selling, then no, the sale would not be made. whether by my words, demeanor or what ever, I couldn't make a sale if I didn't fully believe in the need.

Im probably way off base here in my understanding just what you are referring to, Kaz and FFF...

11.29.2015, 01:48 PM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
Kazegami
Miyazaki's Best Friend

It's a PowerPoint presentation for my Cold War in Asia module. Have to do a presentation on Deng Xiaoping. We're given our topic, in the form of a question in this class, and we have to present arguments for and against whatever it's about... Met up with a group member earlier and we got most of it done, so that's something.

Made far too much for dinner. x_x I am stuffed with rice...

My Anime List

Post last edited by Kazegami on 11.29.2015, 02:03 PM.

11.29.2015, 01:58 PM Kazegami is offline   Profile for Kazegami Add Kazegami to your buddy list
belborges
Ohmu

Kazegami~
I hate presentations too.

HL: Eating pancakes with my bf.
LL: Getting ready for two weeks of more hard studying for final exams.

11.29.2015, 03:36 PM belborges is offline   Profile for belborges Add belborges to your buddy list
husky51
The Old Guy

Ahh, school work, I understand... Completely different from what I was thinking of...

I suppose the closest I came to this is when I had a Modern Western Civilization (from around the time of the Renaissance) class and 90% of our grade was an essay that we had to write in class about any one of 5 subjects listed by the Instructor on the day of the test... We had no idea beforehand of what these five subjects might be, merely that they were on what we had studied during the entire semester...

11.30.2015, 03:32 AM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
FlareNetworkC
Totoro

Registration Date: 07.02.14
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by FlareNetworkC Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

HL: Saw The Good Dinosaur with a friend yesterday. It was just meh.
LL: School starts again today, and I don't feel like going back.

11.30.2015, 07:08 AM FlareNetworkC is offline   Profile for FlareNetworkC Add FlareNetworkC to your buddy list
[  «    ...  605  606  607  608  609  610  611  612  613  ...    »  ]   « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to:

Online Ghibli
Ghibli Tavern is powered by WoltLab, hosted by Teragon Networks