QuickLink:
Ghibli Tavern - #2 What's the Highlight of your Day!!!
Home Register Frequently Asked Questions Search Members List Moderators and Administrators
Ghibli Tavern » - Tavern » General Discussions » #2 What's the Highlight of your Day!!! » Hello Guest [register|login]
« Previous Thread | Next Thread » Print Page | Recommend to Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Author
Post [  «    ...  601  602  603  604  605  606  607  608  609  ...    »  ]
husky51
The Old Guy

Registration Date: 03.17.08
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by husky51 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Good to see you again, saviour good to see your studies are close to an end...

Health is so-so, about the same, except that I am going in for a kidney biopsy later this month. but I am not to concerned about it... Just hoping it turns out ok... we'll see.

Notice your grammar and punctuation are quite a bit better... good to see.

10.19.2015, 01:22 AM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
saviour2012
Baron

Registration Date: 02.24.12
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by saviour2012 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by husky51
Good to see you again, saviour good to see your studies are close to an end...

Health is so-so, about the same, except that I am going in for a kidney biopsy later this month. but I am not to concerned about it... Just hoping it turns out ok... we'll see.

Notice your grammar and punctuation are quite a bit better... good to see.

it is nice to know that your health is fine. please take care in the coming days.

Ask, think and learn. Because the more we know the more we grow.

Watching the wrong to happen is the same as commiting the wrong.

If it looks like things are forcing you to be creative, Then be creative.

its a uniquely Miyazaki film, one only he could make and its uniqueness places it beyond being easily critiqued.[About Porco Rosso]
taken from a quote of Saddletank and Orphic Okapi

10.19.2015, 01:57 AM saviour2012 is offline   Profile for saviour2012 Add saviour2012 to your buddy list Send an Email to saviour2012 Homepage of saviour2012
Kazegami
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Registration Date: 08.19.07
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Kazegami Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Good to see you back, Saviour.

HL: I have pretty much everything I need for Halloween now~ This'll be the first time in years I've really celebrated it. It's going to be fun. ^.^ Ah, and somebody and I are finally speaking again.

My Anime List

10.20.2015, 12:06 PM Kazegami is offline   Profile for Kazegami Add Kazegami to your buddy list
husky51
The Old Guy

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by husky51 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Good for you on the speaking thing...

WE MUST SEE COSTUME ON THE DAY...lol

10.20.2015, 12:53 PM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
Saddletank
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Registration Date: 09.28.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Saddletank Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Oh dear, I didn't know a status of not-speaking had occurred. Good news anyway!

HL: A friend has offered to take me to Japan next year. They want to go to Tokyo because they like Akihabara and Harajuku for the gothic fashions. They suggested June/July as its their birthday but I advised them that falls slap in the middle of the rainy season. We finally agreed on mid-April so we can experience cherry blossom season.

So far we have Ghibli Museum, Kyoto temples, Harajuku/Shibuya/Akiharaba and an onsen on our to do list. Food is going to be added as well. Lots of food.

I personally would like to go look around Tama for real WotH locations.

"An old man like me stands no chance fighting against a high school girl in her underwear" - Oshino Meme, Nekomonogatari (Kuro)

10.20.2015, 02:55 PM Saddletank is offline   Profile for Saddletank Add Saddletank to your buddy list Send an Email to Saddletank
FlareNetworkC
Totoro

Registration Date: 07.02.14
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by FlareNetworkC Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

I've been pretty good, Saviour. Not much change here in Ohio.

10.20.2015, 03:01 PM FlareNetworkC is offline   Profile for FlareNetworkC Add FlareNetworkC to your buddy list
husky51
The Old Guy

I am so freaking envious of you, Saddles... lol

10.21.2015, 01:10 AM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
saviour2012
Baron

Registration Date: 02.24.12
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by saviour2012 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

thats awesome saddle.

@kaz and flare

good to know you two are here.
--------------------------------------

LL: have overslept for back to back two days. i think i need to start doing what i am supposed to do, i think i have rested enough.

Ask, think and learn. Because the more we know the more we grow.

Watching the wrong to happen is the same as commiting the wrong.

If it looks like things are forcing you to be creative, Then be creative.

its a uniquely Miyazaki film, one only he could make and its uniqueness places it beyond being easily critiqued.[About Porco Rosso]
taken from a quote of Saddletank and Orphic Okapi

10.21.2015, 03:23 AM saviour2012 is offline   Profile for saviour2012 Add saviour2012 to your buddy list Send an Email to saviour2012 Homepage of saviour2012
FlareNetworkC
Totoro

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by FlareNetworkC Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

I just noticed Akihabara in Saddles' post. Hooray! Steins;Gate has made fall in love with Akihabara.

10.21.2015, 06:51 AM FlareNetworkC is offline   Profile for FlareNetworkC Add FlareNetworkC to your buddy list
Saddletank
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Registration Date: 09.28.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Saddletank Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

HL: Today's date is 21/10/2015.

The date Doc Brown took Marty McFly to when he went into the future. In the UK Channel 5 is doing a special documentary on the movies and then showing all 3 back to back.

So its back to Back to the Future.

"An old man like me stands no chance fighting against a high school girl in her underwear" - Oshino Meme, Nekomonogatari (Kuro)

Post last edited by Saddletank on 10.21.2015, 10:38 AM.

10.21.2015, 10:33 AM Saddletank is offline   Profile for Saddletank Add Saddletank to your buddy list Send an Email to Saddletank
husky51
The Old Guy

Dang, nothing like that going on here...

10.21.2015, 01:41 PM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
Yay! Kiki
Baron

Registration Date: 04.06.08
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Yay! Kiki Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

HL: I hade theeeee tastiest latte earlier.

LL: I'm tired!!! As always!!!!!!!!

Also, this happened a couple of days ago, but I'm taking a class on digital media in Japan and the United States—we read Train Man and were talking about The Impact Of Forums. I thought of you guys!!! Especially since most people don't seem to use forums at all anymore. I'm just glad I got to grow up with you guys and that so many of us are still around on the site.

10.21.2015, 05:40 PM Yay! Kiki is offline   Profile for Yay! Kiki Add Yay! Kiki to your buddy list
husky51
The Old Guy

I have two versions of "Train Man", different art styles... but both the same story and enjoyable... I can relate to the guy's nervousness and shyness from when I was a young man...

10.22.2015, 03:52 AM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
FlareNetworkC
Totoro

HL: Finally caught up with Steven Universe! Super good show, lots of great anime references. So far I've caught ones to Utena, Evangelion, Sailor Moon, and even Castle in the Sky. Amazing show, if a bit of a slow start.

10.23.2015, 07:03 PM FlareNetworkC is offline   Profile for FlareNetworkC Add FlareNetworkC to your buddy list
foreignfilmfreak
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Registration Date: 10.02.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by foreignfilmfreak Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

My roommate uses forums and has a lot of friends he Skypes.

I love Train Man.

I want to study stuff like that. haha

HL: Had a really good talk with one of my friends last night. I let her know what I'm interested in doing with my life and what I want to accomplish.

She looked at me in amazement. I got confused. lol She told me she had no idea and that I have such large hopes for myself. She hugged me and thanked me for the talk, then sent me a message about how she's impressed by me and that she's happy she's friends with me.

Made me really happy. To be supported.

10.25.2015, 08:42 PM foreignfilmfreak is offline   Profile for foreignfilmfreak Add foreignfilmfreak to your buddy list
husky51
The Old Guy

@FFF
good for you!!!

10.26.2015, 09:29 AM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
Koda
Ohmu

Registration Date: 07.09.13
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Koda Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Got a promotion recently at work, and not long came back from Rome which was great.

Just got Assassin's Creed Syndicate haha

10.27.2015, 10:05 AM Koda is offline   Profile for Koda Add Koda to your buddy list Send an Email to Koda
husky51
The Old Guy

HL:
apparently went thru the kidney biopsy with no complications. Wasn't very painful, mostly when thry injected the Lidocaine at the point of entry of then biopsy needle. My left side is a bit sore, but livable with no additional pain killers, all I gotta so now is await the results...

Laid there on the gurney chatting with the Dr the whole time... just being me, lol

10.27.2015, 11:34 AM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
Koda
Ohmu

Registration Date: 07.09.13
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Koda Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Haha glad it went well mate, how you feeling now ?

10.27.2015, 08:20 PM Koda is offline   Profile for Koda Add Koda to your buddy list Send an Email to Koda
husky51
The Old Guy

Ah, just a little tender on the left side of my back, but very bearable, haven't had to take any painkillers. Just a few more days of riding it out... Only prob I have is that I can't lie on my right side while sleeping. It causes too much bend on the left and I can't sleep, so back to the left side...
Go figure... lol

10.29.2015, 01:35 PM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
[  «    ...  601  602  603  604  605  606  607  608  609  ...    »  ]   « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to:

Online Ghibli
Ghibli Tavern is powered by WoltLab, hosted by Teragon Networks