QuickLink:
Ghibli Tavern - #2 What's the Highlight of your Day!!!
Home Register Frequently Asked Questions Search Members List Moderators and Administrators
Ghibli Tavern » - Tavern » General Discussions » #2 What's the Highlight of your Day!!! » Hello Guest [register|login]
« Previous Thread | Next Thread » Print Page | Recommend to Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Author
Post [  «    ...  609  610  611  612  613  614  615  616  617  ...    »  ]
FlareNetworkC
Totoro

Registration Date: 07.02.14
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by FlareNetworkC Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

LL: Back to school for me. No more Winter Break.

01.04.2016, 05:39 PM FlareNetworkC is offline   Profile for FlareNetworkC Add FlareNetworkC to your buddy list
arren18
Administrator

Registration Date: 08.15.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by arren18 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

I wish I could help you with documentaries and stuff, Saddles, but I'm afraid a lot of what I've seen is specific to particular topics. I can't really think of any very general examples, but sometimes even food or nature documentaries can be good for giving you a feel for modern Japan.

01.04.2016, 06:49 PM arren18 is offline   Profile for arren18 Add arren18 to your buddy list Homepage of arren18
fenkashi
Dibs on Supreme Overlord

Registration Date: 08.12.07
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by fenkashi Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Sorry Husky, you just have one more month of fen time.

Haha jk, don't worry, I'm not going anywhere ^^ Just been a bit busy as I started working full time and hours are on the long end.

HL: Beeed. Also watching Samurai Champloo.

01.04.2016, 11:15 PM fenkashi is offline   Profile for fenkashi Add fenkashi to your buddy list
husky51
The Old Guy

Registration Date: 03.17.08
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by husky51 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

But, fen... if you're watching Samurai Champloo, you're missing the HL of "beeed"!!! ie, SLEEP!!! lol

sniff, my young chilluns is growing up and getting serious BF's and GF's and even MARRIED!!! you'all are growing up too damn fast... lol

01.05.2016, 04:50 AM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
arren18
Administrator

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by arren18 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Lowlight: http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-35278961

01.11.2016, 07:02 AM arren18 is offline   Profile for arren18 Add arren18 to your buddy list Homepage of arren18
husky51
The Old Guy

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by husky51 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

RIP, David...

I remember hearing some of his great tunes...

01.11.2016, 12:01 PM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
arren18
Administrator

Highlight: an important document for my visa application turned up when I was worrying about getting it in time. Timing will still be pretty tight but I think I can manage it...

01.12.2016, 02:03 PM arren18 is offline   Profile for arren18 Add arren18 to your buddy list Homepage of arren18
Kazegami
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Registration Date: 08.19.07
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Kazegami Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

HL: aced today's kanji test. :3

LL: I think I may have caught two colds in a row... bleh.

My Anime List

01.13.2016, 07:26 PM Kazegami is offline   Profile for Kazegami Add Kazegami to your buddy list
Kazegami
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Kazegami Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

LL: hearing of Alan Rickman's death this morning. It was even more of a shock to me than David Bowie's. I had no idea he was ill and I suppose I had more of a connection with Rickman... grew up watching films he was in; Sense & Sensibility, and Harry Potter of course. Sad day.

My Anime List

01.14.2016, 02:23 PM Kazegami is offline   Profile for Kazegami Add Kazegami to your buddy list
belborges
Ohmu

Registration Date: 11.01.15
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by belborges Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

LL: Broke up with my bf on monday, after a year and a half relationship. I feel like doing nothing since then.

01.14.2016, 02:38 PM belborges is offline   Profile for belborges Add belborges to your buddy list
jusomekid
Ohmu

Registration Date: 06.21.10
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by jusomekid Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

@belborges
sorry to hear.. been there. but it just takes some time. You'll be fine.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tSdELZxEnHY
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iOFI213MuKM

I always find comfort in Wong Fu videos...

LL: Full time school+work again... Oh Sleep.. how I miss you already...
dark circles and baggy eyes here i come.

01.14.2016, 04:47 PM jusomekid is offline   Profile for jusomekid Add jusomekid to your buddy list
FlareNetworkC
Totoro

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by FlareNetworkC Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

LL: Alan Rickman.

01.14.2016, 05:19 PM FlareNetworkC is offline   Profile for FlareNetworkC Add FlareNetworkC to your buddy list
Saddletank
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Registration Date: 09.28.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Saddletank Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

I've always loved Rickman. He was one of my favourite British actors long before he became super-famous as Severus Snape. He played a wonderfully witty character as the sherriff of Nottingham in "Robin Hood Prince of Thieves" and stole the film entirely from Kevin Costner.

Him and Bowie in the same week at the same age from the same disease. Its a very sad time.

LL: Damaged my cars steering and o/s front wheel by accidentally hitting a kerb at speed. Probably going to be expensive to fix at a time when I have no spare money. Grr.

Very sorry to hear your news Bel. I empathise with how you feel now. But as Kid says, in time you will move on and be healed. Think positive and think ahead to the wonderful person you'll meet in the future.

"An old man like me stands no chance fighting against a high school girl in her underwear" - Oshino Meme, Nekomonogatari (Kuro)

01.15.2016, 04:46 AM Saddletank is offline   Profile for Saddletank Add Saddletank to your buddy list Send an Email to Saddletank
FlareNetworkC
Totoro

HL: A holocaust survivor came to speak at our school yesterday and it was amazing. I learned so much and it made me realize how insignificant any of my problems are. I felt so bad for him because I could tell that a lot of people just weren't interested and were acting like it wasn't a big deal. I definitely learned a lot and I think it helped me in life overall. He said that 12,000 jews were murdered every 24 hours at Auschwitz. It's horrifying.

LL: Middle School problems. They may be insignificant, but that doesn't mean I'm happy about them.

01.16.2016, 09:46 AM FlareNetworkC is offline   Profile for FlareNetworkC Add FlareNetworkC to your buddy list
belborges
Ohmu

Registration Date: 11.01.15
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by belborges Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Thanks, guys. I suppose we just have to wait a while and things will be just fine. I really wanted we two to stay friends, but it probably won't happen... *sigh*

01.16.2016, 02:41 PM belborges is offline   Profile for belborges Add belborges to your buddy list
husky51
The Old Guy

Hoping for the best for you bel...

01.16.2016, 11:51 PM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
Kazegami
Miyazaki's Best Friend

HL: one exam down, two to go. And it went pretty well.

LL: this damn cold. I can't stop coughing. x_x

My Anime List

01.19.2016, 05:02 PM Kazegami is offline   Profile for Kazegami Add Kazegami to your buddy list
husky51
The Old Guy

Like I told bel earlier, I don't know if it is available there, but I use a product called "Fisherman's Friend", a cough lozenge based on the hot spice that you find in Chili Peppers. While they are strong, they are not hot! I usually break one in half and suck on that and it stops my coughing...

01.19.2016, 10:27 PM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
FlareNetworkC
Totoro

HL: 2 hour delay for me today.
Update: SNOW DAY TODAY! WOO, NO SCHOOL! Which is good, because I really need to do some work.

Post last edited by FlareNetworkC on 01.20.2016, 08:57 AM.

01.20.2016, 07:04 AM FlareNetworkC is offline   Profile for FlareNetworkC Add FlareNetworkC to your buddy list
Buffy
Kodama

Registration Date: 07.07.12
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Buffy Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Highlight of my day would be getting voluntary go home at work, meaning I could leave early. Woo!

01.21.2016, 12:05 AM Buffy is offline   Profile for Buffy Add Buffy to your buddy list
[  «    ...  609  610  611  612  613  614  615  616  617  ...    »  ]   « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to:

Online Ghibli
Ghibli Tavern is powered by WoltLab, hosted by Teragon Networks