QuickLink:
Ghibli Tavern - #2 What's the Highlight of your Day!!!
Home Register Frequently Asked Questions Search Members List Moderators and Administrators
Ghibli Tavern » - Tavern » General Discussions » #2 What's the Highlight of your Day!!! » Hello Guest [register|login]
« Previous Thread | Next Thread » Print Page | Recommend to Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Author
Post [  «    ...  592  593  594  595  596  597  598  599  600  ...    »  ]
Roarkiller
Your Daddy-O

Registration Date: 06.03.03
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Roarkiller Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by Koda
Wow everyone is finding people !!! congratulations everyone

No one else is me.

Roarkiller.net
Isakaya High RPG Site

quote:
Originally posted by fenkashi
Screw your opinions, they are not relevant ^^.

07.11.2015, 11:50 PM Roarkiller is offline   Profile for Roarkiller Add Roarkiller to your buddy list Homepage of Roarkiller
husky51
The Old Guy

Registration Date: 03.17.08
Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by husky51 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Hang in there, Roar... Your time will come.

07.12.2015, 12:23 AM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
Koda
Ohmu

Registration Date: 07.09.13
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Koda Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

LL: I cancelled my trial at this hotel, they wanted me to do multiple trials which were actually full 12 hour shifts. My head chef said they probably needed someone to work whilst someone is away.

I have worked the past 8 days with no day off, and next week working Tuesday-Sunday and the trial was Monday 11am-11.30pm, so I would of had to work 15 days without a day off, which I have done before but it's pretty hard.

My mum is still blaming me because she is financially unstable at the moment, since I moved away last year. I moved away to find work, when I finished college. I live about 4 hours away from where I used to, and because she doesn't have me providing anymore she is struggling with my brother. I mean I still give her money, which I really shouldn't. She also complains that I never see her, because I have seen her 3 times in the past year.

What I keep trying to explain is, which my job I don't see anyone . My nan and auntie live 10 minutes walk down the road, I haven't seen them in a few months because I have been too busy. I seem to be the only one who can accept this, and yet I am apparently the bad guy in all this because I am selfish and don't care ?

HL: Nothing :/

Post last edited by Koda on 07.12.2015, 05:23 AM.

07.12.2015, 05:16 AM Koda is offline   Profile for Koda Add Koda to your buddy list Send an Email to Koda
husky51
The Old Guy

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by husky51 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Koda:

To my way of thinking, you have NOTHING to be ashamed of... You are preparing for YOUR future in an endeavor of which you are happy with. I know that it is hard, but just because others in your family can't see the hard work that you are putting into your future is no excuse for them to bring you down with feelings of guilt, which IMO opinion are undeserved.

I wish you the best, Koda, and hope that your mother and other members of you family come to see what you are trying to accomplish with your life.

Good Luck, my Friend...

Husky
===========================
HL:
I had four people, including 2 nurses, ask me yesterday, "How soon are you going to be released, you are getting around so well?".

LL:
I have to say that I have no idea, that it is up to the Doctor in charge of my case...

07.12.2015, 11:35 AM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
FlareNetworkC
Totoro

Registration Date: 07.02.14
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by FlareNetworkC Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

HL: Had a wonderful little vacation to Tennessee.
LL: Mothers can be annoying, but sadly we can't live without 'em.

07.13.2015, 12:00 AM FlareNetworkC is offline   Profile for FlareNetworkC Add FlareNetworkC to your buddy list
Koda
Ohmu

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Koda Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by husky51
Koda:

To my way of thinking, you have NOTHING to be ashamed of... You are preparing for YOUR future in an endeavor of which you are happy with. I know that it is hard, but just because others in your family can't see the hard work that you are putting into your future is no excuse for them to bring you down with feelings of guilt, which IMO opinion are undeserved.

I wish you the best, Koda, and hope that your mother and other members of you family come to see what you are trying to accomplish with your life.

Good Luck, my Friend...

Husky
===========================
HL:
I had four people, including 2 nurses, ask me yesterday, "How soon are you going to be released, you are getting around so well?".

LL:
I have to say that I have no idea, that it is up to the Doctor in charge of my case...

Thanks mate, I hope they understand soon You'll be out soon, I am sure

07.13.2015, 09:04 AM Koda is offline   Profile for Koda Add Koda to your buddy list Send an Email to Koda
arren18
Administrator

Registration Date: 08.15.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by arren18 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Lowlight: http://uk.ign.com/articles/2015/07/13/ni...has-passed-away

07.13.2015, 11:21 AM arren18 is offline   Profile for arren18 Add arren18 to your buddy list Homepage of arren18
Koda
Ohmu

Damn I saw that this morning, R.I.P sad times

HL: Princess Kaguya Collector's Edition came yesterday, the art cards and case is beautiful. Will post pics soon.

07.13.2015, 12:15 PM Koda is offline   Profile for Koda Add Koda to your buddy list Send an Email to Koda
FlareNetworkC
Totoro

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by FlareNetworkC Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

The Nintendo CEO passed away? He shall be gravely missed.

07.13.2015, 06:11 PM FlareNetworkC is offline   Profile for FlareNetworkC Add FlareNetworkC to your buddy list
Yay! Kiki
Baron

Registration Date: 04.06.08
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Yay! Kiki Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

RIP, Iwata. He made a lot of great games possible.

HL: I'm back in town from the hippie festival! And I am TIRED. It's good to sleep in a real bed and not be covered in like seven layers of dust constantly at all times. It was fun to be out there, but I'm suuuuper glad to be home.

LL: My boyfriend and I have no choice but to stay with his parents in the weird two months between having to move out of our old place and being able to move into a new one, and like. They're nice people. I love them. I just don't wanna live in somebody else's parents' house because a) it's Anxiety Hell and b) apparently it's now Against The Rules for me to eat any food in my room ever, which I guess I kind of get but at the same time? Sometimes I wanna eat a sandwich in my jammies without worrying about the constant stream of brass players, circus performers, and miscellaneous suburban moms I've never met before visiting unannounced at all hours of the day.

EDIT: I keep coming on here and posting lowlights that are longer than my highlights? SORRY. I promise I haven't become THAT much of a negative nancy.

Post last edited by Yay! Kiki on 07.14.2015, 02:21 AM.

07.14.2015, 02:21 AM Yay! Kiki is offline   Profile for Yay! Kiki Add Yay! Kiki to your buddy list
Koda
Ohmu

quote:
Originally posted by Yay! Kiki
RIP, Iwata. He made a lot of great games possible.

HL: I'm back in town from the hippie festival! And I am TIRED. It's good to sleep in a real bed and not be covered in like seven layers of dust constantly at all times. It was fun to be out there, but I'm suuuuper glad to be home.

LL: My boyfriend and I have no choice but to stay with his parents in the weird two months between having to move out of our old place and being able to move into a new one, and like. They're nice people. I love them. I just don't wanna live in somebody else's parents' house because a) it's Anxiety Hell and b) apparently it's now Against The Rules for me to eat any food in my room ever, which I guess I kind of get but at the same time? Sometimes I wanna eat a sandwich in my jammies without worrying about the constant stream of brass players, circus performers, and miscellaneous suburban moms I've never met before visiting unannounced at all hours of the day.

EDIT: I keep coming on here and posting lowlights that are longer than my highlights? SORRY. I promise I haven't become THAT much of a negative nancy.

It's cool, we are all here to listen. That sucks, that in-between phase is horrible. I had that but I lived with my nan and auntie for 2 months. Though it was quiet and I get on with them, but yeah privacy was a problem. Eating food in your jammies is the best haha, it sounds pretty mental there haha.

07.14.2015, 05:25 AM Koda is offline   Profile for Koda Add Koda to your buddy list Send an Email to Koda
husky51
The Old Guy

@Kiki...

Vent tp your heart's desire, little Sis... at least you're not in this MADHOUSE...

LL:
Guy in the next bed always thinks his wife is here and calls out to her 24/7 whenever he hears a slight sound... As well as seemingly trying to cough out a lung periodically. I sympathize, but...

A woman yells and screams at anyone who tries to help her ot keep her from wheeling herself out of the facility, screaming that she is going to call the police. In the middle of the night, sce will suddenly scream out, "Get off of me, Leave me alone!!!"... Can be heard anywhere in the building... You remember the villian from "101 Dalmations", Drusilla something??? This woman looks like a badly worn Drusilla complete with the black and white hair. Again, I sympathize, but...

Maybe I'm just tired of being in here...

================================

Sorry to hear about the passing of Iwata... RIP fella...

07.14.2015, 02:01 PM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
Kazegami
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Registration Date: 08.19.07
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Kazegami Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Aww, don't worry about it Kiki! Lots of us come vent here.

I can imagine how wearing that must be, Husky... When I was in hospital back in March there was a man across from me who I guess must have had dementia or something like that... I mean, it's really sad but when they keep you up all night and don't ever seem to settle down it gets aggravating. And I was only in for three days. So I don't blame you if you're tired of it. I'm sure it won't be too much longer before you're out.

LL: the fishtank sprung a leak. D: The fish are out and safe in a plastic tub for night, at least... We'll have to call up a petshop in the morning to take them. ):

I'm thinking we could maybe turn the tank into a vivarium and keep geckos or lizards or something.

My Anime List

07.14.2015, 06:20 PM Kazegami is offline   Profile for Kazegami Add Kazegami to your buddy list
Yay! Kiki
Baron

Registration Date: 04.06.08
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Yay! Kiki Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Husky, that sounds awful! I'm not saying I don't believe you (I totally do), but that sounds like an overly dramatic movie. Yikes.

Also thanks, everyone!

HL: More rest! Also I'm super looking forward to watching the new Steven Universe episode when it's up online.

LL: I'm tired FOREVER.

07.14.2015, 06:24 PM Yay! Kiki is offline   Profile for Yay! Kiki Add Yay! Kiki to your buddy list
Koda
Ohmu

HL: Just booked a week in Rome in October with my mates, can't wait

07.14.2015, 06:55 PM Koda is offline   Profile for Koda Add Koda to your buddy list Send an Email to Koda
foreignfilmfreak
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Registration Date: 10.02.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by foreignfilmfreak Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

quote:

I wanna go I wanna go. D:

07.15.2015, 12:52 AM foreignfilmfreak is offline   Profile for foreignfilmfreak Add foreignfilmfreak to your buddy list
Saddletank
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Registration Date: 09.28.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Saddletank Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Husky - I feel for you. I know exactly how that is. I was in hospital in 2012 after my heart attack and was in a ward full of grumpy, moaning older men. I hardly slept for a week.

Kaz - Yes, geckos sound very cool. You can put in lots of ferns or cacti or whatever and have a miniature world. Fish can however be very relaxing to sit and watch - good for the spirit.

Koda - Great news. Rome is amazing! I have been there twice and it's as bustling as London only with sexier ruins, prettier people and hotter. Also ice cream - find some small backstreet shops where they make their own, its heavenly. I found a licorice flavour to die for last time I was there. And if you get the opportunity grab a train to Florence or Pisa for a day, they are both incredible. Venice is my favourite city in the world but that's a little far for a day trip. I so want to return to Venice one day soon.

HL: Being on here with such lovely people.

"An old man like me stands no chance fighting against a high school girl in her underwear" - Oshino Meme, Nekomonogatari (Kuro)

07.15.2015, 03:55 AM Saddletank is offline   Profile for Saddletank Add Saddletank to your buddy list Send an Email to Saddletank
Koda
Ohmu

quote:
Originally posted by foreignfilmfreak
quote:

I wanna go I wanna go. D:

Haha, hop on the flight with us then haha

07.15.2015, 05:35 AM Koda is offline   Profile for Koda Add Koda to your buddy list Send an Email to Koda
Koda
Ohmu

quote:
Originally posted by Saddletank
Husky - I feel for you. I know exactly how that is. I was in hospital in 2012 after my heart attack and was in a ward full of grumpy, moaning older men. I hardly slept for a week.

Kaz - Yes, geckos sound very cool. You can put in lots of ferns or cacti or whatever and have a miniature world. Fish can however be very relaxing to sit and watch - good for the spirit.

Koda - Great news. Rome is amazing! I have been there twice and it's as bustling as London only with sexier ruins, prettier people and hotter. Also ice cream - find some small backstreet shops where they make their own, its heavenly. I found a licorice flavour to die for last time I was there. And if you get the opportunity grab a train to Florence or Pisa for a day, they are both incredible. Venice is my favourite city in the world but that's a little far for a day trip. I so want to return to Venice one day soon.

HL: Being on here with such lovely people.

Thanks for the tips mate, we might just do that. Yeah Italian Gelato is amazing haha, so Rome is sexy then ?

07.15.2015, 05:36 AM Koda is offline   Profile for Koda Add Koda to your buddy list Send an Email to Koda
FlareNetworkC
Totoro

Italy is on my wishlist of countries to visit, along with Japan and France.

Weirdlight: I'm getting braces next week. I'm honestly not scared, it's just gonna be weird.

07.15.2015, 09:24 AM FlareNetworkC is offline   Profile for FlareNetworkC Add FlareNetworkC to your buddy list
[  «    ...  592  593  594  595  596  597  598  599  600  ...    »  ]   « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to:

Online Ghibli
Ghibli Tavern is powered by WoltLab, hosted by Teragon Networks