QuickLink:
Ghibli Tavern - #2 What's the Highlight of your Day!!!
Home Register Frequently Asked Questions Search Members List Moderators and Administrators
Ghibli Tavern » - Tavern » General Discussions » #2 What's the Highlight of your Day!!! » Hello Guest [register|login]
« Previous Thread | Next Thread » Print Page | Recommend to Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Author
Post [  «    ...  593  594  595  596  597  598  599  600  601  ...    »  ]
Koda
Ohmu

Registration Date: 07.09.13
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Koda Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by FlareNetworkC
Italy is on my wishlist of countries to visit, along with Japan and France.

Weirdlight: I'm getting braces next week. I'm honestly not scared, it's just gonna be weird.

I would love to visit Japan, but I think any fan or Anime and Manga does. Ghibli museum is what I want to visit lol. Kyoto in the spring my friend said was lovely when he went. He is going next year, so might tag along

I never had braces, I have always had straight teeth and a straight jaw so thankful for that.

Post last edited by Koda on 07.15.2015, 10:38 AM.

07.15.2015, 10:35 AM Koda is offline   Profile for Koda Add Koda to your buddy list Send an Email to Koda
arren18
Administrator

Registration Date: 08.15.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by arren18 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Kyoto is lovely at any time! Every time of year there's something to enjoy. Having said that though, you might want to avoid the height of summer if you appreciate physical comfort...

07.15.2015, 11:31 AM arren18 is offline   Profile for arren18 Add arren18 to your buddy list Homepage of arren18
FlareNetworkC
Totoro

Registration Date: 07.02.14
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by FlareNetworkC Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

I would love to go to the Ghibli Musuem, especially. But I have to agree with Arren, Kyoto sounds like one of the highlights of Japan.

07.15.2015, 12:00 PM FlareNetworkC is offline   Profile for FlareNetworkC Add FlareNetworkC to your buddy list
foreignfilmfreak
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Registration Date: 10.02.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by foreignfilmfreak Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

The fact that in scorching heat here the Japanese students still wear thick sweaters and full length pants makes me wonder how hot it gets in Japan or if that is totally normal. lol Because we're usually telling them "Oh my gosh, it's super hot outside! We don't want you to roast to death!" but they make out fine anyway, unaffected.

WL: My work changed my schedule and now I forgot to make sure I can have two additional days off because of my vacation to see my boyfriend, which they know about. I think it'll be totally fine, I can just switch shifts with the other waitress if they think that's a good idea. Plus they keep asking me when I'll go on vacation or to see him. lol

07.15.2015, 12:18 PM foreignfilmfreak is offline   Profile for foreignfilmfreak Add foreignfilmfreak to your buddy list
Koda
Ohmu

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Koda Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Went out last night and got smashed with work, just woke up and have work in an hour. I hate myself

07.16.2015, 04:11 AM Koda is offline   Profile for Koda Add Koda to your buddy list Send an Email to Koda
Roarkiller
Your Daddy-O

Registration Date: 06.03.03
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Roarkiller Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by foreignfilmfreak
The fact that in scorching heat here the Japanese students still wear thick sweaters and full length pants makes me wonder how hot it gets in Japan or if that is totally normal. lol Because we're usually telling them "Oh my gosh, it's super hot outside! We don't want you to roast to death!" but they make out fine anyway, unaffected.

Summer gets to 35 celsius easy in Japan. I doubt it has ever gotten anywhere near 28 in canada. I'll probably be wearing long sleeves everyday too if I were in Canada; Singapore averages 30 celsius all year round.

Lowlight: How do you explain to a bitchy customer that whatever noise a copier is making is normal?

Ans: You don't. You just order a parts change and next time they call you get your senior to deal with their bull droppings.

No one else is me.

Roarkiller.net
Isakaya High RPG Site

quote:
Originally posted by fenkashi
Screw your opinions, they are not relevant ^^.

07.16.2015, 06:18 AM Roarkiller is offline   Profile for Roarkiller Add Roarkiller to your buddy list Homepage of Roarkiller
husky51
The Old Guy

Registration Date: 03.17.08
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by husky51 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

HHL:
I am being released this coming Sunday, because my VA runsout and I wouls have to pay $120 a day which I cannot really afford...

I have a lot to do yet, both in and out of the system so it ain't over yet...

07.16.2015, 03:26 PM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
Saddletank
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Registration Date: 09.28.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Saddletank Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Ha! I think you mean 'discharged'. 'Released' makes you sound like you're getting out of prison! Either way, it's good news.

Hearing about that potential bill it makes me glad to live in the UK with our National Health Service, free once you pay your taxes.

"An old man like me stands no chance fighting against a high school girl in her underwear" - Oshino Meme, Nekomonogatari (Kuro)

07.16.2015, 05:03 PM Saddletank is offline   Profile for Saddletank Add Saddletank to your buddy list Send an Email to Saddletank
FlareNetworkC
Totoro

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by FlareNetworkC Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

HL: Won Cops and Robbers at Cross Country. Hooray! Ran 6.5 miles today.
LL: Been having pains in my right shin lately. Also, I think I hit my head.

07.16.2015, 08:12 PM FlareNetworkC is offline   Profile for FlareNetworkC Add FlareNetworkC to your buddy list
foreignfilmfreak
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by foreignfilmfreak Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by Roarkiller
quote:
Originally posted by foreignfilmfreak

Summer gets to 35 celsius easy in Japan. I doubt it has ever gotten anywhere near 28 in canada. I'll probably be wearing long sleeves everyday too if I were in Canada; Singapore averages 30 celsius all year round.

Lowlight: How do you explain to a bitchy customer that whatever noise a copier is making is normal?

Ans: You don't. You just order a parts change and next time they call you get your senior to deal with their bull droppings.

Umm, it goes above 28 here regularly in the summertime. lol And it's cooler here since we're by the ocean. Go to say, Toronto, and it's much hotter than over here. But yeah, regularly between 28 and 35 during the summer here. lol

07.16.2015, 08:49 PM foreignfilmfreak is offline   Profile for foreignfilmfreak Add foreignfilmfreak to your buddy list
Saddletank
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Registration Date: 09.28.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Saddletank Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Haha, yeah. Lots of people who don't live in Canada think its permanently snow bound and you meet polar bears outside the supermarket all the time.

AFAIK Canada's lakes region gets very hot in summer and is full of tourists getting the sun. I wasn't aware 35 Celsius was a regular temperature but I knew it was regularly hotter than, say, England where 30 deg is extremely rare for us.

Also Japanese youths are a pretty fashion conscious lot. Very sharp, many of them. Those heavy clothes may have been a fashion thing rather than actually necessary.

"An old man like me stands no chance fighting against a high school girl in her underwear" - Oshino Meme, Nekomonogatari (Kuro)

07.17.2015, 04:01 AM Saddletank is offline   Profile for Saddletank Add Saddletank to your buddy list Send an Email to Saddletank
arren18
Administrator

Registration Date: 08.15.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by arren18 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

I can only imagine that thick sweaters would be because it's not as hot as they're used to. Other than that, I know that guys wearing shorts is rare at any time of year, so that's one other point of difference.

07.17.2015, 05:38 AM arren18 is offline   Profile for arren18 Add arren18 to your buddy list Homepage of arren18
foreignfilmfreak
Miyazaki's Best Friend

It might be a fashion thing then. haha They've stopped wearing their jackets since it got warm out. I notice the guys aren't as big on wearing thicker clothing compared to the girls.

As for temperature, it's been extremely hot and humid lately. I think the big difference is here it is very windy much of the time. Past couple weeks have been so hot and with a lot of haze. It's been one of the hotter summers for sure for my region. But yeah, depends where you go in Canada. lol Different climates in different areas. I just meant we do go above 28. lol Especially in summer.

LL: Stressed on whether my boyfriend will be able to stay in Canada..

07.17.2015, 07:55 AM foreignfilmfreak is offline   Profile for foreignfilmfreak Add foreignfilmfreak to your buddy list
Koda
Ohmu

It's been hot and humid here too, I mean thing with most people is. They assume it's really cold here in England all the time, but when it's summer we have no wind really. It's either very dry or very humid. Obviously being in the kitchen it's horrible, with poor extractor fans

07.17.2015, 10:30 AM Koda is offline   Profile for Koda Add Koda to your buddy list Send an Email to Koda
FlareNetworkC
Totoro

HL: My cousins are visiting! Oh, and I made up with my best friend after a long fight.

07.18.2015, 08:24 AM FlareNetworkC is offline   Profile for FlareNetworkC Add FlareNetworkC to your buddy list
husky51
The Old Guy

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by husky51 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

HL:
This is the last full day in the convo facility... YAY!!!

07.18.2015, 11:39 AM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
FlareNetworkC
Totoro

HL: My parents' wedding reception. Hope they have a long, fruitful, happy marriage.

07.19.2015, 03:15 PM FlareNetworkC is offline   Profile for FlareNetworkC Add FlareNetworkC to your buddy list
foreignfilmfreak
Miyazaki's Best Friend

HL: My best friend met Miyazaki at his work. ;o; She got to speak with him and he talked about his new clip. She said she will take me there when I go to Japan but that it's very hard to meet him, it just so happened to be that he was there working when she visited. UNFAIR.

She sent me a photo of his car. lol

I should mention, not sure if she took any photos with him or his autograph. I think she just talked to him and was really surprised to meet him.

Post last edited by foreignfilmfreak on 07.20.2015, 01:50 PM.

07.20.2015, 01:34 PM foreignfilmfreak is offline   Profile for foreignfilmfreak Add foreignfilmfreak to your buddy list
husky51
The Old Guy

HL:
Your friend was so lucky

HL:'
Well, I am now out... Teri, my neighbor brought me home. She has been so helpful as well as my friend Bob, and Marc is giving me a walker with a seat. Had a restless night and still don't feel up to snuff. After almost a month of inactivity, I need to start moving around more, but I am always tired, etc. Anyway, all for now, love to you all,

Husky

HL:
Met a number of people who saw my tats and recognized Totoro and asked about it, so I had Teri bring my file cards with all the Ghibli movies and had copies made and passed them out and told them all about the Tavern...

07.20.2015, 03:14 PM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
FlareNetworkC
Totoro

Hooray! Hopefully, we get some new members.

07.20.2015, 07:27 PM FlareNetworkC is offline   Profile for FlareNetworkC Add FlareNetworkC to your buddy list
[  «    ...  593  594  595  596  597  598  599  600  601  ...    »  ]   « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to:

Online Ghibli
Ghibli Tavern is powered by WoltLab, hosted by Teragon Networks