QuickLink:
Ghibli Tavern - #2 What's the Highlight of your Day!!!
Home Register Frequently Asked Questions Search Members List Moderators and Administrators
Ghibli Tavern » - Tavern » General Discussions » #2 What's the Highlight of your Day!!! » Hello Guest [register|login]
« Previous Thread | Next Thread » Print Page | Recommend to Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Author
Post [  «    ...  598  599  600  601  602  603  604  605  606  ...    »  ]
Roarkiller
Your Daddy-O

Registration Date: 06.03.03
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Roarkiller Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Just a stopover, same as the return trip next Tuesday. Didn't really do much today despite buying a £15 oyster card (hopefully refundable), just dropped by Hammersmith to get a sweater, had lunch and now sitting at the airport looking for a quick nap. Or anime marathon.

No one else is me.

Roarkiller.net
Isakaya High RPG Site

quote:
Originally posted by fenkashi
Screw your opinions, they are not relevant ^^.

08.20.2015, 09:34 AM Roarkiller is offline   Profile for Roarkiller Add Roarkiller to your buddy list Homepage of Roarkiller
Nausicaa_Cat
Baron

Registration Date: 10.02.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Nausicaa_Cat Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Ahahah it's funny thinking of you so close by Roar! I hope you enjoy your brief visit of London. Apologies for the weather, it's fairly poor.

08.20.2015, 04:53 PM Nausicaa_Cat is offline   Profile for Nausicaa_Cat Add Nausicaa_Cat to your buddy list
husky51
The Old Guy

Registration Date: 03.17.08
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by husky51 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Like NC, I feel the same...

A couple of days ago, it was 46.6 C here where I live...

right now, at 10pm it is 23.3 C

Enjoy your flight, Roar...

08.21.2015, 12:57 AM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
FlareNetworkC
Totoro

Registration Date: 07.02.14
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by FlareNetworkC Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

HL/LL: 8th grade started! Hooray! Anyway, that also means that I can't get on as much, but I'll try and get on while I'm on the bus or when I have some free time.

08.21.2015, 06:50 AM FlareNetworkC is offline   Profile for FlareNetworkC Add FlareNetworkC to your buddy list
husky51
The Old Guy

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by husky51 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Good luck in school, Flare...

08.21.2015, 11:31 AM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
foreignfilmfreak
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by foreignfilmfreak Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

It's too bloody hot both inside and outside my apartment.

08.21.2015, 11:06 PM foreignfilmfreak is offline   Profile for foreignfilmfreak Add foreignfilmfreak to your buddy list
Roarkiller
Your Daddy-O

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Roarkiller Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by Nausicaa_Cat
Ahahah it's funny thinking of you so close by Roar! I hope you enjoy your brief visit of London. Apologies for the weather, it's fairly poor.

Yeah, saddle was saying the same thing. Where do you live, specifically?

No one else is me.

Roarkiller.net
Isakaya High RPG Site

quote:

08.23.2015, 06:24 AM Roarkiller is offline   Profile for Roarkiller Add Roarkiller to your buddy list Homepage of Roarkiller
Nausicaa_Cat
Baron

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Nausicaa_Cat Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

I live in Hertfordshire, which is a county just north of London! I can get a 30 min-ish train into Kings Cross, so I'm really close. I go into London at least once a week at the moment probably.

08.24.2015, 04:14 PM Nausicaa_Cat is offline   Profile for Nausicaa_Cat Add Nausicaa_Cat to your buddy list
Saddletank
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Registration Date: 09.28.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Saddletank Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Roar, you really should have told us you were coming to London weeks ago and we could have planned a meet up. I'm currently north of Kettering in Northamptonshire and its 50 minutes to the smoke by train for me - into St Pancras. weekend train fares are pretty cheap too.

Are you stopping over again on your way back from the USA?

"An old man like me stands no chance fighting against a high school girl in her underwear" - Oshino Meme, Nekomonogatari (Kuro)

08.24.2015, 06:54 PM Saddletank is offline   Profile for Saddletank Add Saddletank to your buddy list Send an Email to Saddletank
husky51
The Old Guy

Hahaha, I have family from the Seven Oaks/Lewisham area, which I understand isn't such a nice area as it once was...

08.24.2015, 07:50 PM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
Roarkiller
Your Daddy-O

Just reached, actually. My flight home is at 7pm but eitherway, its a weekday, so I assumed everyone's either in school or at work, hence the silence. I'm thinking of heading to central london, specifically Merylebone station because that's where the London central mosque is. Definitely not because there's a sherlock holmes museum. Really!

Well actually the biggest reason is contactability. I didn't turn on my auto-roaming nor do I have access to mobile data, so it's rather impossible to arrange a meeting once I leave the airport.

Maybe next year. If I qualify again

No one else is me.

Roarkiller.net
Isakaya High RPG Site

quote:

08.25.2015, 03:46 AM Roarkiller is offline   Profile for Roarkiller Add Roarkiller to your buddy list Homepage of Roarkiller
FlareNetworkC
Totoro

Registration Date: 07.02.14
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by FlareNetworkC Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

HL: Had my first Cross Country meet!
LL: Didn't do as good as I hoped. Still good, but not as good as I wanted to do.

08.25.2015, 05:49 AM FlareNetworkC is offline   Profile for FlareNetworkC Add FlareNetworkC to your buddy list
Saddletank
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Registration Date: 09.28.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Saddletank Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by husky51
Hahaha, I have family from the Seven Oaks/Lewisham area, which I understand isn't such a nice area as it once was...

Sevenoaks is miles from Lewisham and is a very nice Kent town. Lewisham went downhill in the 70s and 80s but is once again a growing popular "artsy" suburb of south London, where the young trendy things go. Much better than it was 20 to 30 years ago when I knew it.

Brixton was the epitome of a complete dump and no-go zone in the 70s but its an extremely trendy address now. South London generally has a much better reputation these days for culture, arts, nice clean safe open spaces and good eating.

"An old man like me stands no chance fighting against a high school girl in her underwear" - Oshino Meme, Nekomonogatari (Kuro)

08.25.2015, 08:01 AM Saddletank is offline   Profile for Saddletank Add Saddletank to your buddy list Send an Email to Saddletank
arren18
Administrator

Registration Date: 08.15.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by arren18 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

I didn't know Lewisham had got better in recent years. I have a friend from Blackheath and he's always given me the impression that it's as dodgy as ever. As it happens, that friend recently had a trial shift at a Sherlock Holmes museum! I imagine there can't be a lot of different ones, so maybe he'll meet Roar sooner than any of us do.

08.25.2015, 08:36 AM arren18 is offline   Profile for arren18 Add arren18 to your buddy list Homepage of arren18
saviour2012
Baron

Registration Date: 02.24.12
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by saviour2012 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

i find it amusing that the reputation of a whole town changes time to time. As i live in a country which became sovereign for less than 50 years, there is not actually any town here like that. Although many town here are quite old. Its mostly cause it is a small country.

and by better or bad you meant crime, right?

Ask, think and learn. Because the more we know the more we grow.

Watching the wrong to happen is the same as commiting the wrong.

If it looks like things are forcing you to be creative, Then be creative.

its a uniquely Miyazaki film, one only he could make and its uniqueness places it beyond being easily critiqued.[About Porco Rosso]
taken from a quote of Saddletank and Orphic Okapi

08.25.2015, 09:12 AM saviour2012 is offline   Profile for saviour2012 Add saviour2012 to your buddy list Send an Email to saviour2012 Homepage of saviour2012
Roarkiller
Your Daddy-O

I probably have a much better chance of meetinf NC than saddle if the map is to be believed, you live so far! But you could probably see NC anytime since its only what 60-odd kilometers away.

Well I'm back at the airport obviously, the museum was cool, although Holmes's "bathroom" was obviously too modern for his time; pretty sure wash basins were still used then instead of sinks.

Oh btw, some of you may have known, but during the polemon event there was a bit of a scare with two guys bringing assault rifles and boxes of ammunition to the event. Not sure how serious they were or if it was a bad joke gone too far but bringing that much firepower to an event, even if left in the car, was obviously enough to get you in SERIOUS trouble. My friend was saying that if those guys hadn't been caught, he would've been reading orbituaries instead of post-event banter. I did think that security was a wee bit excessive when I saw a sniff dog.

No one else is me.

Roarkiller.net
Isakaya High RPG Site

quote:

08.25.2015, 12:43 PM Roarkiller is offline   Profile for Roarkiller Add Roarkiller to your buddy list Homepage of Roarkiller
Nausicaa_Cat
Baron

quote:
Originally posted by arren18
I didn't know Lewisham had got better in recent years. I have a friend from Blackheath and he's always given me the impression that it's as dodgy as ever.

I've been around Lewisham a bit lately - the whole place looks like one big building site at the moment because they're doing a ton of renovations. It's not quite hip yet, but probably is going to be one of those areas soon which is the next big thing. To my understanding it used to be north london that was the coolest, but it got too expensive and now all the young pretty things are moving into the south.

And yep Roar, it'd have been easy to meet me! Just a hop and a skip away.

08.25.2015, 06:36 PM Nausicaa_Cat is offline   Profile for Nausicaa_Cat Add Nausicaa_Cat to your buddy list
foreignfilmfreak
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by foreignfilmfreak Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Haha, so I boarded the wrong plane yesterday. Luckily, I'd already checked in and the attendants on my plane were confused where I'd disappeared to. They found out I must've boarded the flight to another company's plane that was boarding at the same time (sort of? The flight attendants there never even questioned me, I got confused because people were going both on board that plane and the other at the same time. I think I snuck on during priority boarding for that flight). Anyway, they all found it fairly amusing and I was running to my flight and apologizing to them.

That was fun. I felt pretty embarrassed.

Anyway, now I'm where I'm supposed to be. Or I would've wound up in Alberta.

None of you guys are from Ontario, are you?

EDIT: Oh yeah, I'm thinking next year, if I don't wind up in Japan, I might plan a few trips to different places depending on what sort of job I can find. Flights are pretty decently priced at the moment, even for my area. I definitely want to plan some sort of trips. I would love to go to England.

Post last edited by foreignfilmfreak on 08.25.2015, 11:28 PM.

08.25.2015, 11:11 PM foreignfilmfreak is offline   Profile for foreignfilmfreak Add foreignfilmfreak to your buddy list
husky51
The Old Guy

Glad to hear that those areas have smartened up a bit since I've last heard

=================================

@FFF
In 2005 when I went to Saudi Arabia, I was sitting in the plane at LAX waiting for all the passengers to finish boarding when I suddenly realized that my keyring was not in my pocket (house, car, work, etc) I ran all the way from the plane to the security gate and found that they had been left there and ran back to the plane with 2 minutes to spare. Barely got seated and the doors were closed...

08.26.2015, 04:17 AM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
Roarkiller
Your Daddy-O

Well my earphones are somehwere in London now so, heh

HL: Home.

LL: Jetlag.

No one else is me.

Roarkiller.net
Isakaya High RPG Site

quote:

08.26.2015, 10:02 AM Roarkiller is offline   Profile for Roarkiller Add Roarkiller to your buddy list Homepage of Roarkiller
[  «    ...  598  599  600  601  602  603  604  605  606  ...    »  ]   « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to:

Online Ghibli
Ghibli Tavern is powered by WoltLab, hosted by Teragon Networks