QuickLink:
Ghibli Tavern - #2 What's the Highlight of your Day!!!
Home Register Frequently Asked Questions Search Members List Moderators and Administrators
Ghibli Tavern » - Tavern » General Discussions » #2 What's the Highlight of your Day!!! » Hello Guest [register|login]
« Previous Thread | Next Thread » Print Page | Recommend to Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Author
Post [  «    ...  603  604  605  606  607  608  609  610  611  ...    »  ]
Kazegami
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Registration Date: 08.19.07
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Kazegami Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

*flails* Fen! Oh my word, I'm so happy for you. ; v ; Congratulations!

@arren Congratulations! That's fantastic news~ I'd really like to go to Osaka on my year abroad next year.

My Anime List

11.14.2015, 08:57 PM Kazegami is offline   Profile for Kazegami Add Kazegami to your buddy list
FlareNetworkC
Totoro

Registration Date: 07.02.14
Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by FlareNetworkC Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Wait... WHAT? FEN I'M SO HAPPY FOR YOU!

May your marriage be long and fruitful.

I just realized something weird. The word marriage looks like it should be pronounced (mar-i-age), but it's actually (Mare-ige). English is odd.

11.14.2015, 11:49 PM FlareNetworkC is offline   Profile for FlareNetworkC Add FlareNetworkC to your buddy list
husky51
The Old Guy

Registration Date: 03.17.08
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by husky51 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

fen, I am so happy for you... I wish you the best of all good things for you and your future husband...

btw, is he a Ghibli fan?

11.15.2015, 03:02 AM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
Saddletank
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Registration Date: 09.28.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Saddletank Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Fen! Aggggg! Amazing news! Congratulations! You kept that so quiet! And it was so fast! was this the amazing guy you met in Africa? Tell us everythiiiiiiiingggggg!

(also - so jealous. You are an astounding wonderful person. I am filled with envy for your future spouse. What a lucky guy.)

"An old man like me stands no chance fighting against a high school girl in her underwear" - Oshino Meme, Nekomonogatari (Kuro)

11.15.2015, 04:29 AM Saddletank is offline   Profile for Saddletank Add Saddletank to your buddy list Send an Email to Saddletank
husky51
The Old Guy

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by husky51 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Are we invited to the wedding??? at least pictorially.... Gotta see the bride and groom... (the preacher) lol

11.15.2015, 12:09 PM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
Nausicaa_Cat
Baron

Registration Date: 10.02.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Nausicaa_Cat Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Wowwwwwww that's so amazing Fen!!! Congratulations! I'm sure the two of you will be very happy!

11.15.2015, 04:37 PM Nausicaa_Cat is offline   Profile for Nausicaa_Cat Add Nausicaa_Cat to your buddy list
fenkashi
Dibs on Supreme Overlord

Registration Date: 08.12.07
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by fenkashi Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Thank you thank you thank you! All of you so much for always making me smile It's so wonderful having you guys to share the good and bad times with. <3

Husky, how could you doubt my taste? He is of course a Ghibli lover. ^^

Saddles, you are the sweetest and I sincerely believe there are so many more deserving ladies out there for you. Try not to deprive them of your awesomeness, hey?

He is actually from my home country, lives in Germany (no we haven't decided where we're going to live yet haha). Our parents set us up all blind date style... and much to everyone's surprise it went better than expected. Basically knew after the first time we talked. ^^ Quiet cause it was a bit unconventional and I wanted to be sure. Fast because it was a royal pain trying to get us and our family on the same continent for one week and February is literally the only time that works in the next like 2 years. xD Also we also kinda just want to get life started

oh HL: went to the public library after ages. Seriously one of my favourite places in the world

Post last edited by fenkashi on 11.15.2015, 11:16 PM.

11.15.2015, 09:56 PM fenkashi is offline   Profile for fenkashi Add fenkashi to your buddy list
FlareNetworkC
Totoro

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by FlareNetworkC Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Cheers to Fen!

LL: Can Christmas and winter break be tomorrow? Please?

11.15.2015, 10:22 PM FlareNetworkC is offline   Profile for FlareNetworkC Add FlareNetworkC to your buddy list
Saddletank
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Saddletank Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Aww, Fen, awww. You really are the most darling lady I know (maybe with the exception of NC ). I am sure others like you are out there. I'll meet one soon. I know.

This whole arrangement sounds very prince and princess of the two kingdoms style, though as level-headed as I know you are I am sure you've chosen wisely.

My very best and most sincere wishes of good luck.

And yes, photos are obligatory!

"An old man like me stands no chance fighting against a high school girl in her underwear" - Oshino Meme, Nekomonogatari (Kuro)

11.15.2015, 11:15 PM Saddletank is offline   Profile for Saddletank Add Saddletank to your buddy list Send an Email to Saddletank
fenkashi
Dibs on Supreme Overlord

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by fenkashi Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Ah ofc, you will have photos ^^

*hugs Flare* sorry dear things not better with your friends?

11.15.2015, 11:19 PM fenkashi is offline   Profile for fenkashi Add fenkashi to your buddy list
husky51
The Old Guy

The joy in my heart for you is impossible to express fully... Have fun... Will love to see the photos...

11.16.2015, 01:15 AM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
arren18
Administrator

Registration Date: 08.15.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by arren18 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Congratulations again fen Good luck arranging everything in time!!

@Kaz: do you know how much choice you have in your year abroad placement? For mine, we had to rank 16 exchange universities (mostly in Tokyo, but 3 in Kyoto and some in other places) and then the hated International Office would decide who goes where. Is it similar for you, and if so, what are your options? I'm curious how it works on your course.

11.16.2015, 10:57 AM arren18 is offline   Profile for arren18 Add arren18 to your buddy list Homepage of arren18
FlareNetworkC
Totoro

*hugs Fen back* Actually, they are. My one friend told me she was just frustrated and it wasn't just me. The other friend texted me in a group chat today, and although he was mostly texting the other participants, he still spoke to me, so I guess that's progress!

11.16.2015, 10:38 PM FlareNetworkC is offline   Profile for FlareNetworkC Add FlareNetworkC to your buddy list
foreignfilmfreak
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by foreignfilmfreak Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Congrats on the job, arren!! And on your future marriage, fen!!

Also whoa, 16 options for exchange?? We only have 3-4 options for Japan (and they added Waseda recently, I wish I could go). You're allowed to pick and apply to each and those universities contact you to let you know if you've been accepted for a potential exchange. Our international centre is pretty great. I know everyone pretty much working there personally.

LL: I have a pretty large secret that I've kept to myself for awhile now. I can't feel anything towards it or let the people closest to me know. Some days it makes me cry for hours, but most of the time I'm numb to it. I'm not sure what to do..

I did let one friend know, and only because it was killing me not to let her know. She was very understanding and forgiving of me. But I'm not sure about other people.. and it's something they'll eventually know about and that's causing me to panic.

11.16.2015, 11:19 PM foreignfilmfreak is offline   Profile for foreignfilmfreak Add foreignfilmfreak to your buddy list
Nausicaa_Cat
Baron

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Nausicaa_Cat Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by Saddletank
Aww, Fen, awww. You really are the most darling lady I know (maybe with the exception of NC ). I am sure others like you are out there. I'll meet one soon. I know.

@FFF - Honey, are you okay? If you need some advice or to vent, feel free to message me anytime!!

HL: So, there's lots of good things happening at the moment! I recently booked flights to spend a month in India at the beginning of next year, so I'm very very excited about that.

11.17.2015, 02:38 PM Nausicaa_Cat is offline   Profile for Nausicaa_Cat Add Nausicaa_Cat to your buddy list
fenkashi
Dibs on Supreme Overlord

Ditto to what NC said, FFF *hugs* Take care of yourself

OMG NC. So thrilled for you! Where in India? What're you doing there? Are you going alone???

11.17.2015, 04:24 PM fenkashi is offline   Profile for fenkashi Add fenkashi to your buddy list
Nausicaa_Cat
Baron

quote:
Originally posted by fenkashi
Ditto to what NC said, FFF *hugs* Take care of yourself

OMG NC. So thrilled for you! Where in India? What're you doing there? Are you going alone???

I'm going for a month with another friend of mine (possibly two), both of us will be girls so we're going to have to take the necessary precautions but I'm sure it will be fine.

We're making our way from Delhi down to Cochin - so probably going to visit Jaipur/Udaipur/Jodphur/Mumbai/Pune/Goa but I could do with suggestions for other places!

And any recommendations people have in general

11.17.2015, 06:02 PM Nausicaa_Cat is offline   Profile for Nausicaa_Cat Add Nausicaa_Cat to your buddy list
Saddletank
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Avoid the Phall

11.17.2015, 06:04 PM Saddletank is offline   Profile for Saddletank Add Saddletank to your buddy list Send an Email to Saddletank
FlareNetworkC
Totoro

That moment when I sadly understood that

HL: Now that I have an open savings account, I can finally start making money from my YouTube videos! Yay! Also, I just finished a really long group project for social studies class, and I can work on getting out some new content.

11.17.2015, 09:57 PM FlareNetworkC is offline   Profile for FlareNetworkC Add FlareNetworkC to your buddy list
husky51
The Old Guy

Good for you, Flare...

Wonderful news, NC

FFF: I go along with what NC and fen said... I know I'm a guy but if you want to vent or talk, PM... You've known me long enough to know that I try to help when I can... regardless, HUGS, sweetie... And good luck...

11.18.2015, 04:52 AM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
[  «    ...  603  604  605  606  607  608  609  610  611  ...    »  ]   « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to:

Online Ghibli
Ghibli Tavern is powered by WoltLab, hosted by Teragon Networks