QuickLink:
Ghibli Tavern - #2 What's the Highlight of your Day!!!
Home Register Frequently Asked Questions Search Members List Moderators and Administrators
Ghibli Tavern » - Tavern » General Discussions » #2 What's the Highlight of your Day!!! » Hello Guest [register|login]
« Previous Thread | Next Thread » Print Page | Recommend to Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Author
Post [  «    ...  602  603  604  605  606  607  608  609  610  ...    »  ]
FlareNetworkC
Totoro

Registration Date: 07.02.14
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by FlareNetworkC Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Wow, I thought this thread would never stop being active. Anyway, big news.

HL: So, I was at my school's creative writing team practice, and this girl on the team is wearing a Totoro sweatshirt. I ask her if she likes Ghibli, and we get into a really long conversation about all the ones that she likes. She loves Kaguya, and also loves Laputa. I showed her the tavern and she literally almost started crying. I bookmarked it for her on her chromebook, and in short, I think I found us a new member.

11.09.2015, 05:05 PM FlareNetworkC is offline   Profile for FlareNetworkC Add FlareNetworkC to your buddy list
Saddletank
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Registration Date: 09.28.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Saddletank Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Sounds good. Maybe you have a new friend as well

"An old man like me stands no chance fighting against a high school girl in her underwear" - Oshino Meme, Nekomonogatari (Kuro)

11.09.2015, 06:04 PM Saddletank is offline   Profile for Saddletank Add Saddletank to your buddy list Send an Email to Saddletank
husky51
The Old Guy

Registration Date: 03.17.08
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by husky51 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

LL: got the results on the kidney biopsy... They are saying that it is a 3cm spot of cancer. Pre-op is scheduled for Feb 1 and operation is for Feb 24. The doctor does not seem perturbed and neither am I...

HL: Prognosis is good...

Way to go Flare...

Post last edited by husky51 on 11.09.2015, 06:23 PM.

11.09.2015, 06:22 PM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
Saddletank
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Saddletank Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Hi Husky. The Big C is never to be underestimated. I am upset at this news, but I hope your surgeons do their job well.

Good luck.

"An old man like me stands no chance fighting against a high school girl in her underwear" - Oshino Meme, Nekomonogatari (Kuro)

11.09.2015, 08:28 PM Saddletank is offline   Profile for Saddletank Add Saddletank to your buddy list Send an Email to Saddletank
FlareNetworkC
Totoro

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by FlareNetworkC Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Good luck, Husky! Wishing you hugs from across the country!

11.09.2015, 10:35 PM FlareNetworkC is offline   Profile for FlareNetworkC Add FlareNetworkC to your buddy list
husky51
The Old Guy

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by husky51 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Thanks, guys...as I said, I'm not concerned... I've am more bothered by the recovery time AFTER the surgery than anything else, really. Hate having to be bedridden. And it will be ouchie, I know, lol. the recovery, that is, lol

I can't really complain... I've had a relatively injury and illness free life, except for the TB in my first 4 years (which as a child I wasn't really aware of. I don't count my diabetes because it really hasn't affected my lifestyle all that much (knock on wood, lol).

Three of the options that were mentioned were freezing the tumor; robotic surgery of a small portion (wow, futuristic, lol) and total removal of the one kidney.

11.10.2015, 01:12 PM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
Lynnie
Kodama

Registration Date: 10.07.15
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Lynnie Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

^^^best wishes!

My highlight of the day? My medication seems to be working today- it's not as painful as other days.

11.12.2015, 04:43 PM Lynnie is offline   Profile for Lynnie Add Lynnie to your buddy list
arren18
Administrator

Registration Date: 08.15.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by arren18 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Somehow I forgot to respond at the time, but good luck husky! Keep us updated please!

11.12.2015, 05:56 PM arren18 is offline   Profile for arren18 Add arren18 to your buddy list Homepage of arren18
husky51
The Old Guy

Will do, arren, thank you...

And Lynnie, whatever you are taking the meds for (obviously pain, right? loi) I'm glad that it appears to be working for you... Big hugs and best wishes...

11.12.2015, 06:44 PM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
husky51
The Old Guy

HL:
Spent Veteran's Day yesterday here in the States driving around with an old Navy buddy of mine knoshing on free meals at different restaurants... An annual thing here. While we were driving around visiting different historical sites around our area, drove past a couple of animals you don't usally see in the pastures, a camel and a zebra, grazing with a heard of horses!!!

There is another zebra located on a ranch about 8 miles away from this pasture.

Not something you expect to see while driving around in Southern California!!! Hmmm, then again...

Post last edited by husky51 on 11.12.2015, 09:01 PM.

11.12.2015, 08:52 PM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
FlareNetworkC
Totoro

Those are amazing, Husky!

LL: For absolutely no reason at all, one of my best friends isn't talking to me. One of my other best friends hasn't spoken to me in a month. I'm beginning to wonder if all of my close friends secretly hate me. I'm not THAT unlikable as a person, am I?

11.13.2015, 04:03 PM FlareNetworkC is offline   Profile for FlareNetworkC Add FlareNetworkC to your buddy list
Saddletank
Miyazaki's Best Friend

May I suggest you talk to them? If they seem unfriendly just ask why?

Communicating always helps.

11.13.2015, 05:17 PM Saddletank is offline   Profile for Saddletank Add Saddletank to your buddy list Send an Email to Saddletank
fenkashi
Dibs on Supreme Overlord

Registration Date: 08.12.07
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by fenkashi Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Ahh sorry to hear that Flare =( I went through the same thing with my high school friends. We were incredibly close and then just one day, nothing. Even when we did talk, it was awkward and there was obviously something wrong. I can guess what happened, but my biggest regret from that time is that I didn't come out and ask them what was going on. It didn't even occur to me cause of how hurt I was, I suppose. But yeah, I'll take this opportunity to pass on this important life lesson. For your own sake, don't wonder in silence what's wrong.

*hugs* and of course we're here for you if you need an ear to vent into, because regardless of how much you love them, sometimes people just suck

11.13.2015, 07:42 PM fenkashi is offline   Profile for fenkashi Add fenkashi to your buddy list
husky51
The Old Guy

Hello, dear fen, so good to see you...

You sound so wise for your years, but experiencing difficulties and surviving them helps, am I right?

Flare:
You do need to ask these people why, but be prepared as you may not like the answer or possibly you can correct some misinformation.. whatever happens, you will be better off knowing the reason for your friends aloofness.

Post last edited by husky51 on 11.13.2015, 11:42 PM.

11.13.2015, 11:38 PM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
arren18
Administrator

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by arren18 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Highlight: after what's felt like an eternity of waiting (considering I once expected this would happen in August/September) I finally know when I'll begin my teaching job in Japan! My training will start at the beginning of February, so they want me to arrive the week before that. I'm so relieved!

11.14.2015, 08:47 AM arren18 is offline   Profile for arren18 Add arren18 to your buddy list Homepage of arren18
Saddletank
Miyazaki's Best Friend

That's fantastic news Arren. Congratulations! Do you know which part of the country you will be in?

11.14.2015, 10:49 AM Saddletank is offline   Profile for Saddletank Add Saddletank to your buddy list Send an Email to Saddletank
husky51
The Old Guy

All right, arren!!!! woohoo!!!

11.14.2015, 12:42 PM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
Lynnie
Kodama

Registration Date: 10.07.15
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Lynnie Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by arren18
Highlight: after what's felt like an eternity of waiting (considering I once expected this would happen in August/September) I finally know when I'll begin my teaching job in Japan! My training will start at the beginning of February, so they want me to arrive the week before that. I'm so relieved!

That's amazing!! Congratulations!!!

11.14.2015, 06:35 PM Lynnie is offline   Profile for Lynnie Add Lynnie to your buddy list
arren18
Administrator

Thank you! In answer to your question, Saddles, all I know right now is my district, which is the one I asked for - the Kyoto/Osaka area where I was before.

11.14.2015, 08:09 PM arren18 is offline   Profile for arren18 Add arren18 to your buddy list Homepage of arren18
fenkashi
Dibs on Supreme Overlord

Registration Date: 08.12.07
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by fenkashi Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Ahh so happy for you Arren ^^ all of the luck

Speaking February, something else highlighty that's happening then: I'm getting married~

Also yeah, that's part of why I haven't been around much, Husky. But it's always lovely to see you all <3

11.14.2015, 08:26 PM fenkashi is offline   Profile for fenkashi Add fenkashi to your buddy list
[  «    ...  602  603  604  605  606  607  608  609  610  ...    »  ]   « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to:

Online Ghibli
Ghibli Tavern is powered by WoltLab, hosted by Teragon Networks