QuickLink:
Ghibli Tavern - Gay Rights
Home Register Frequently Asked Questions Search Members List Moderators and Administrators
Ghibli Tavern » - Tavern » General Discussions » Gay Rights » Hello Guest [register|login]
« Previous Thread | Next Thread » Print Page | Recommend to Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Author
Post [  «    ...  3  4  5  6  7  ]
saviour2012
Baron

Registration Date: 02.24.12
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by saviour2012 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by hopexx5
Sorry but, how did a thread about gay rights become a highly scientific affair?

because of this
quote:
Originally posted by saviour2012
quote:
Originally posted by Calforsale
What the hell has happened to this thread?!

nothing wrong man
first as i said being gay or lesbian is unscientific all the people who do not understand science they accused me saying that i should not say unscientific i have to say sin. so i told them no what i said unscientific is true and also it did not come from my religion. but i also said religion is scientific and they were mad at me. and said that is totally wrong. as a science student i provided some solid proofs that says religion is scientific. then as they could not find any new fact they started talking about quantum physics and me and roarkiller again provided some facts about that. So that is what happened to the thread.

and also this
quote:
Originally posted by Orphic Okapi
First Saviour said that there is no scientific basis for homosexuality and everyone with a rudimentary understanding of biology proved him wrong (with ample evidence). Then Saviour listed a number of passages from the Quran in an attempt to prove that Islam was scientifically accurate (though there is plenty of evidence to the contrary: http://www.wikiislam.net/wiki/Scientific...s_in_the_Qur'an), since just saying "being gay is unscientific" over and over again wasn't working. Then Saviour tried to prove that God must exist because Newtonian physics exist. I countered by bringing up quantum physics, which run contrary to the rules of Newtonian physics, proving that physics are not constant at all levels of existence, which was the basis of his argument for the existence of God; I also mentioned that current science is very close to explaining how the universe might be capable of emerging from nothing all on its own. He then gave a stern lecture on quantum mechanics, which explained absolutely nothing I did not already know, and concluded that quantum physics are weird, so they don't matter to people, and that scientists are bad because they are trying to prove that the universe was created by chance - which is false, because one of the fundamental principles of science is that you should never set out to prove a deeply-held belief, but should be open to the truth whether it fits your conception of the universe or not; Saviour has therefore proved himself to be a bad scientist, because he is starting out with a preconceived notion of what the truth should be (taken from the Quran) and blinding himself to any evidence that appears to contradict that belief. Human beings start with beliefs and then look for evidence to support them; you can see this pattern of behavior in anyone with any kind of prejudice, from racism to sexism. Science is an effort to subvert that human tendency.

Then Roarkiller made some actually reasonable comments, to which I responded. Saviour ignored my response, and whined about how everyone was too dumb to understand science and got mad at him because they didn't have any evidence.

Now you have both sides of the story!

Ask, think and learn. Because the more we know the more we grow.

Watching the wrong to happen is the same as commiting the wrong.

If it looks like things are forcing you to be creative, Then be creative.

its a uniquely Miyazaki film, one only he could make and its uniqueness places it beyond being easily critiqued.[About Porco Rosso]
taken from a quote of Saddletank and Orphic Okapi

03.26.2012, 03:58 PM saviour2012 is offline   Profile for saviour2012 Add saviour2012 to your buddy list Send an Email to saviour2012 Homepage of saviour2012
Saddletank
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Registration Date: 09.28.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Saddletank Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by fenkashi
Read up, it was summarized.

And threads deviate and go on tangents xP Not much else to do once opinions on the OT have been stated.

Also tricky when one party to the discussion refuses to agree that gay men (homosexuals) and gay women (homosexuals) are homosexuals.

Sort of kills the subject pretty much dead straight away. Six pages later we are still ducking and weaving, and some posts I just flat out can't decipher what they mean.

"An old man like me stands no chance fighting against a high school girl in her underwear" - Oshino Meme, Nekomonogatari (Kuro)

03.26.2012, 05:51 PM Saddletank is offline   Profile for Saddletank Add Saddletank to your buddy list Send an Email to Saddletank
Nausicaa_Cat
Baron

Registration Date: 10.02.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Nausicaa_Cat Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by Saddletank
quote:
Originally posted by fenkashi
Read up, it was summarized.

And threads deviate and go on tangents xP Not much else to do once opinions on the OT have been stated.

Also tricky when one party to the discussion refuses to agree that gay men (homosexuals) and gay women (homosexuals) are homosexuals.

Sort of kills the subject pretty much dead straight away. Six pages later we are still ducking and weaving, and some posts I just flat out can't decipher what they mean.

I'm pretty sure he's differentiating from being a practicing or non-practicing homosexual e.g. If you're non-practicing, you're simply homosexual, if you practice it then you're gay/lesbian.

03.27.2012, 09:09 AM Nausicaa_Cat is offline   Profile for Nausicaa_Cat Add Nausicaa_Cat to your buddy list
Orphic Okapi
Baron

Registration Date: 04.08.07
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Orphic Okapi Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Except it's still dumb because the only species in which non-practicing homosexuals exist is humans. In any other species, if you're homosexual, you're acting on it. So it's really being Saviour's definition of "homosexual" that has no scientific basis whatsoever. Being gay or lesbian is all over nature.

03.27.2012, 10:37 AM Orphic Okapi is offline   Profile for Orphic Okapi Add Orphic Okapi to your buddy list
saviour2012
Baron

Registration Date: 02.24.12
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by saviour2012 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Orphic Okapi do you really like to be like animal. do you not think human is better than animal. you started this when i said not wearing cloth is barbaric, and here too you start to say some unscientific things.

Ask, think and learn. Because the more we know the more we grow.

Watching the wrong to happen is the same as commiting the wrong.

If it looks like things are forcing you to be creative, Then be creative.

its a uniquely Miyazaki film, one only he could make and its uniqueness places it beyond being easily critiqued.[About Porco Rosso]
taken from a quote of Saddletank and Orphic Okapi

Post last edited by saviour2012 on 03.27.2012, 10:40 AM.

03.27.2012, 10:40 AM saviour2012 is offline   Profile for saviour2012 Add saviour2012 to your buddy list Send an Email to saviour2012 Homepage of saviour2012
Orphic Okapi
Baron

Registration Date: 04.08.07
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Orphic Okapi Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

What is unscientific about the suggestion that humans are an animal species? The only evidence you have to the contrary is a holy book. The idea that not wearing clothing makes a society barbaric would not fly anywhere in the modern academic community. It is deliriously unscientific.

I think we are different, in some respects, from other animal species, but not necessarily better. The ways we differ include our use of language and the frequency and variation of our sexual activity, and our use of sexual almost exclusively for non-reproductive purposes. In other words, we are probably a whole lot gayer than most animal species.

Post last edited by Orphic Okapi on 03.27.2012, 10:47 AM.

03.27.2012, 10:45 AM Orphic Okapi is offline   Profile for Orphic Okapi Add Orphic Okapi to your buddy list
Kazegami
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Registration Date: 08.19.07
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Kazegami Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

It's not so black and white as to be human or animal. Humans are animals and to deny all your animal instincts is not only impossible but stupid. Those instincts have been finely-tuned over millennia to help you have a successful life.

You seem to be suggesting that it's okay for a man to be attracted to another man, but not to act on it. You might as well say it's okay to be hungry, but not to eat.

My Anime List

Post last edited by Kazegami on 03.27.2012, 11:57 AM.

03.27.2012, 11:07 AM Kazegami is offline   Profile for Kazegami Add Kazegami to your buddy list
Saddletank
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Registration Date: 09.28.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Saddletank Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

I think we've arived at the conclusion that Saviour doesn't agree with gay rights, along with, it would seem, every other muslim who has a strong belief in their faith.

Some Christians feel the same way.

Some men who feel their masculinity is threatened by gays feel likewise and resort to thumping them to make themselves feel better. Seems pretty animal-like to me.

Other than that, gays are cool. I used to live in Brighton and on Gay Pride day Trish and I would go out and mingle with the crowds and have fun. It was a lovely day out, everyone in a really happy mood.

"An old man like me stands no chance fighting against a high school girl in her underwear" - Oshino Meme, Nekomonogatari (Kuro)

03.27.2012, 12:08 PM Saddletank is offline   Profile for Saddletank Add Saddletank to your buddy list Send an Email to Saddletank
[  «    ...  3  4  5  6  7  ]   « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to:

Online Ghibli
Ghibli Tavern is powered by WoltLab, hosted by Teragon Networks