QuickLink:
Ghibli Tavern - Gay Rights
Home Register Frequently Asked Questions Search Members List Moderators and Administrators
Ghibli Tavern - Tavern General Discussions Gay Rights Hello Guest [register|login]
« Previous Thread | Next Thread » Print Page | Recommend to Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Author
Post [  «    1  2  3  4  5  6  7    »  ]
captain george
Ohmu

Registration Date: 11.09.11
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by captain george Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

quote:
this thread is about gay rights so talk about it i will not interfere just do not say it is scientific or natural .

Being gay or a lesbian is scientific and natural. Its unnatural not to be true to yourself. You cant just ignore nature, you cant change nature, and anyone who has tried has failed. Rights shouldn't be denied to you because of your sexual preference, just as it shouldn't be denied to someone because of skin colour, gender, age or nationality.

quote:
no even if you are homosexual you need not to be gay or lesbian

Speechless.

03.22.2012, 12:14 PM captain george is offline   Profile for captain george Add captain george to your buddy list Send an Email to captain george
Saddletank
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Registration Date: 09.28.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Saddletank Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

LOL, I am... struggling now.

Saviour, a definition for you:

Homosexuality is romantic or sexual attraction or behavior between members of the same sex or gender. As a sexual orientation, homosexuality refers to "an enduring pattern of or disposition to experience sexual, affectionate, or romantic attractions"[1] primarily or exclusively to people of the same sex; "it also refers to an individual's sense of personal and social identity based on those attractions, behaviors expressing them, and membership in a community of others who share them."[2]

[1]"Sexual Orientation, Homosexuality,...sexuality", APA HelpCenter.org
[2] Page 30 "Case No. S147999 in the Su...-As Filed"

Just to make it clear, if you are a homosexual male you are gay, if you are a homosexual female you are lesbian.

quote:
Originally posted by saviour2012
to all who are saying it is scientific or something like that

you do not know why the sex was invented by god at the first place.

You beleive sex was invented by God, many of us do not. You cannot lay down these words as though they are facts and proof just because your religion teaches them. I deny your allegation that sex was invented by God.

Also:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Homosexual_behavior_in_animals

There, nature at work. In your case Gods own created animals practicing homosexual and bisexual behaviour all the time, as much as humans do, if not more. If you are going to begin denying those facts we are wasting our time.

"An old man like me stands no chance fighting against a high school girl in her underwear" - Oshino Meme, Nekomonogatari (Kuro)

03.22.2012, 12:44 PM Saddletank is offline   Profile for Saddletank Add Saddletank to your buddy list Send an Email to Saddletank
Mokiepoet
Calcifer

Registration Date: 02.23.12
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Mokiepoet Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

True, Mardi Gra is freaky & I would not go to it because of that. But Mardi Gra is not about united people fighting for rights such as gay marriage. They are just there to party.
All I can go by is the pictures and stories in the news and on-line & from my daughter’s friend that went to a Pride parade in Austin.
The only point I was trying to make was that I believe a majority of people (maybe I’m wrong?) see and hear the bad things that go on specifically in these parades and base their opinion on gays and lesbians as a whole and that’s a shame! It would be nice if they toned it down a notch.(?)
BTW, I only put up the more tame pictures.

I don't know...it's a slippery slope I guess. I mean- I like the rock group Kiss and I love Alice Cooper, and they have had their fair share of problems because of their costume choices…something to reflect on I suppose.

Edit:
I worded that wrong. I wasn't implying that the gay pride parades are about obtaining more rights. But it is a group of people in the public eye that want more out of their government. Politicians typically won’t vote in favor of something when the public is apprehensive about it.

"We're all born with selfish desires, so we can all relate to those feelings in others. But kindness is something made individually by each person...so it's easy to misunderstand when others are trying to be kind to you." Natsuki

Post last edited by Mokiepoet on 03.22.2012, 09:12 PM.

03.22.2012, 01:32 PM Mokiepoet is offline   Profile for Mokiepoet Add Mokiepoet to your buddy list
fenkashi
Dibs on Supreme Overlord

Registration Date: 08.12.07
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by fenkashi Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Gay pride parades aren't about fighting for equality. Sure, people that attend are usually fighting for equality... but the parades are for their own community.

I don't know about anyone else but I've never actually heard anything bad about pride parades till now. Generally the news sources I have are pretty positive about it. But again, depends on the source and political climate, etc.

I understand what you mean... I just don't think it's acceptable that a few people need to change their behaviour at what is basically a party so that the rest of the world can be accepting of homosexuals. Toning it down would be like saying, gays are not going to hurt you, look we're all tame and normal and just like you... it's like saying we are a uniform group of normal people. And that's just not how things are in the real world. There are over the top and promiscuous gays in the world, just as there are over the top and promiscuous straight people in the world. Modifying the image of the group as a whole is bending to the idea that there is something inherently wrong with the group to begin with.

@Everyone... oh god. I finally understand what savior is on about. This is a religious thing. I think in some religions, they say it's fine if you're homosexual but you can "overcome" it and it's only bad if you act on it. Being gay I suppose is acting on it.

@savior, you're incredibly narrow minded and blind to the world. It makes me sad just how blind. I think it is relative to gay rights if you think it being gay is unscientific and unnatural. And really... you should stop using the word scientific and say sinful or something along those lines. Because you've been demonstrating for a long time that scientific=what religion says... and that is not how the rest of the us take it to mean.

03.22.2012, 02:03 PM fenkashi is offline   Profile for fenkashi Add fenkashi to your buddy list
saviour2012
Baron

Registration Date: 02.24.12
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by saviour2012 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by fenkashi
scientific=what religion says

yes that is right

if you can find only one scientific error in Qur'an i will join your group and agree what ever you are saying. i will also leave my religion [ i only believe in my religion because it is scientific]

as for gay or lesbian i do not know my religions teachings about it.

Ask, think and learn. Because the more we know the more we grow.

Watching the wrong to happen is the same as commiting the wrong.

If it looks like things are forcing you to be creative, Then be creative.

its a uniquely Miyazaki film, one only he could make and its uniqueness places it beyond being easily critiqued.[About Porco Rosso]
taken from a quote of Saddletank and Orphic Okapi

Post last edited by saviour2012 on 03.22.2012, 02:21 PM.

03.22.2012, 02:18 PM saviour2012 is offline   Profile for saviour2012 Add saviour2012 to your buddy list Send an Email to saviour2012 Homepage of saviour2012
fenkashi
Dibs on Supreme Overlord

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by fenkashi Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Okay... so if it's not because of religion... why exactly do you think homosexuality is "unscientific"? Because it's a very real thing in science.

And where is this idea that gay/lesbian and homosexuality are different from?

03.22.2012, 02:28 PM fenkashi is offline   Profile for fenkashi Add fenkashi to your buddy list
saviour2012
Baron

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by saviour2012 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

quote:
Okay... so if it's not because of religion... why exactly do you think homosexuality is "unscientific"? Because it's a very real thing in science.

And where is this idea that gay/lesbian and homosexuality are different from?

i will only talk about that if my rules in a previous post are followed.

its a uniquely Miyazaki film, one only he could make and its uniqueness places it beyond being easily critiqued.[About Porco Rosso]

03.22.2012, 02:32 PM saviour2012 is offline   Profile for saviour2012 Add saviour2012 to your buddy list Send an Email to saviour2012 Homepage of saviour2012
husky51
The Old Guy

Registration Date: 03.17.08
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by husky51 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

http://www.netplaces.com/koran/learning-...and-science.htm

some interesting reading.

Roar, could you give your input on the accuracy of this site please... Thank you...

03.22.2012, 02:38 PM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
fenkashi
Dibs on Supreme Overlord

What? About having your posts deleted after? We don't randomly delete posts whenever people ask. Why do you want those posts deleted? I do not understand what the point of that would be.

Edit: I'm confused... it says orphic posted but I don't see anything. o_o

Post last edited by fenkashi on 03.22.2012, 02:54 PM.

03.22.2012, 02:39 PM fenkashi is offline   Profile for fenkashi Add fenkashi to your buddy list
AmtrakDesertWindrider
Calcifer

Registration Date: 11.17.11
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by AmtrakDesertWindrider Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

quote:
i will only talk about that if my rules in a previous post are followed.

What gives you the authority to dictate how YOUR rules have any bearing on this forum, anyways?

03.22.2012, 02:59 PM AmtrakDesertWindrider is offline   Profile for AmtrakDesertWindrider Add AmtrakDesertWindrider to your buddy list Homepage of AmtrakDesertWindrider
saviour2012
Baron

quote:
Originally posted by husky51

Roar, could you give your input on the accuracy of this site please... Thank you...

yes in the Qur'an Allah said that he did not created earth and heaven for his pastime or for playing. you should read the whole surah it is beautiful , Qur'an is very very interesting to read

Link

Post last edited by saviour2012 on 03.22.2012, 04:34 PM.

03.22.2012, 03:03 PM saviour2012 is offline   Profile for saviour2012 Add saviour2012 to your buddy list Send an Email to saviour2012 Homepage of saviour2012
saviour2012
Baron

quote:
Originally posted by AmtrakDesertWindrider
What gives you the authority to dictate how YOUR rules have any bearing on this forum, anyways?

i am not dictating. i am saying that you should ignore me in this thread as i will keep posting if something unscientific comes out. but if someone needs me to explain i will only talk about those if those rules are followed. [ did you read my post if you did not then do not say something you do not know]

Post last edited by saviour2012 on 03.22.2012, 03:08 PM.

03.22.2012, 03:07 PM saviour2012 is offline   Profile for saviour2012 Add saviour2012 to your buddy list Send an Email to saviour2012 Homepage of saviour2012
AmtrakDesertWindrider
Calcifer

Registration Date: 11.17.11
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by AmtrakDesertWindrider Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

quote:
please forgive me for my deficiency in english. i do not know what point you are making as there is nothing in that particular page that says Qur'an is unscientific.Link

While the Qur'an could have a scientific foundation, the traditional view of the Judeo-Christianity is that it is counter to science, as with how the consistent clash between science/logic/critical thinking and those in religious powers who didn't wish for their credibility to be undermined.

Think Galileo getting imprisoned because he challenged the Catholic Church's geocentric system with his heliocentric system.

Hope this clears it up!

-ADW

Post last edited by AmtrakDesertWindrider on 03.22.2012, 03:09 PM.

03.22.2012, 03:09 PM AmtrakDesertWindrider is offline   Profile for AmtrakDesertWindrider Add AmtrakDesertWindrider to your buddy list Homepage of AmtrakDesertWindrider
fenkashi
Dibs on Supreme Overlord

>_< He's not saying the quran is unscientific, he is asking if the site is accurate. Because Roar is the only one here that might have enough knowledge to comment on something like that. And also because Roar commented on the accuracy of a site about Islam before.

edit: oh for god's sake. No one is deleting posts unless there is a reason ... the only ones to decide if there is a reason are Roar and UO. Deal with it. If you don't want to post to explain what you mean then fine. You make no sense right now and you will continue to make no sense.

Post last edited by fenkashi on 03.22.2012, 03:14 PM.

03.22.2012, 03:10 PM fenkashi is offline   Profile for fenkashi Add fenkashi to your buddy list
saviour2012
Baron

quote:
>_< He's not saying the quran is unscientific, he is asking if the site is accurate. Because Roar is the only one here that might have enough knowledge to comment on something like that. And also because Roar commented on the accuracy of a site about Islam before.

i understand

Post last edited by saviour2012 on 03.22.2012, 03:22 PM.

03.22.2012, 03:22 PM saviour2012 is offline   Profile for saviour2012 Add saviour2012 to your buddy list Send an Email to saviour2012 Homepage of saviour2012
saviour2012
Baron

quote:
Originally posted by AmtrakDesertWindrider
While the Qur'an could have a scientific foundation, the traditional view of the Judeo-Christianity is that it is counter to science, as with how the consistent clash between science/logic/critical thinking and those in religious powers who didn't wish for their credibility to be undermined.

Think Galileo getting imprisoned because he challenged the Catholic Church's geocentric system with his heliocentric system.

Hope this clears it up!

-ADW

when you start to say something bad things about your religion i feel very unsecured because i do not want the comparative religion discussion if you do not want to . If you want that please open a thread.

03.22.2012, 03:28 PM saviour2012 is offline   Profile for saviour2012 Add saviour2012 to your buddy list Send an Email to saviour2012 Homepage of saviour2012
Nausicaa_Cat
Baron

Registration Date: 10.02.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Nausicaa_Cat Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Saviour, your perspective of it being scientific is to me ridiculous, because I don't believe the concept of a God/Allah is scientific in the slightest.

I have spent two years now studying the philosophical/scientific arguments for God's existence and they have in no way convinced me, none of them are without faults.

To me the idea of any form of creationist deity is not scientific.

Science is based on empirical evidence, empirical evidence is that which is verifiable through experiments/observation. It can be proven to be the truth. Scientific theories have to have some form of evidence or proof to support them or they are not accepted as credible. To me in the thousands of years people have been claiming we are all ruled over by a being in the sky, not one shred of concrete evidence has existed to prove this.

I'm sorry I just don't think religion and science naturally come hand in hand. Essentially religion falls back on the concept of God and this cannot be scientifically proven.

As far as the gay pride parades go I have no problem with them at all. I know plenty of straight people who attend gay prides, especially the one in Brighton, because they find them fun, joyful experiences. The parades provide an opportunity for homosexuals to dress up in expressive ways and have fun with their sexuality. Yes sometimes those outfits are revealing, but no more so than the average thing you see a model wearing on a billboard as you walk down the street. I don't think you can claim yourself to be accepting of homosexuality and then ask them to 'tone it down'. I accept there's a shock factor and some people may find it a little unsettling, but I think that's a good thing, it expands people's minds and experiences. From all that I have heard from first-hand visitors to gay prides they've found them a fantastic experience.

03.22.2012, 05:07 PM Nausicaa_Cat is offline   Profile for Nausicaa_Cat Add Nausicaa_Cat to your buddy list
Calforsale
Totoro

Registration Date: 01.19.10
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Calforsale Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

I agree with you guys, people should be able to dress in these ways if they want. But the image of gay people in society is wrong as well as the damn stupid stereotypes.

I just really want people to stop thinking of these silly things about gay people.

03.22.2012, 07:52 PM Calforsale is offline   Profile for Calforsale Add Calforsale to your buddy list
Kazegami
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Registration Date: 08.19.07
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Kazegami Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Stereotypes generally seem pretty immovable once established. They're so strong, and they're everywhere.

Ha, I really want to go to gay pride parade sometime.

I can't help but think that people who get so outraged and offended by them just... take life a bit too seriously and need to learn to laugh.

My Anime List

03.22.2012, 08:26 PM Kazegami is offline   Profile for Kazegami Add Kazegami to your buddy list
Roarkiller
Your Daddy-O

Registration Date: 06.03.03
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Roarkiller Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by husky51

Never heard of the site. Can't comment.

Though seeing as this topic is on homosexuality, this ought to be more useful:

http://www.netplaces.com/koran/marriage-...mosexuality.htm

quote:
Through Lot's story, the Koran demonstrates the severity of homosexuality as a sin. Islam regards attraction to the same sex a deviation of natural order that leads to corruption. Scholars advise that even if such homosexual thoughts run through some people's minds, they should not act upon them, just as they resist fornication and other temptations. This of course applies to both men and women.
The bold part is key to the whole "homosexuality is bad" argument.

People like to assume that anything "bad" is therefore "not from nature", which is false.

An example is the treatment of pigs. Pigs are, by our religion, very dirty, because of their bodily contents and natural behaviour. However, to say that muslim should hate pigs is an illogical statement; it is only something to be avoided, not hated. The misunderstanding by the general non-muslims are that we avoid pigs (and dogs), therefore we must hate them. We don't.

Similarly, we cannot say that a certain sexual orientation is not natural, because in doing so, it is the same as saying that ALL sexual desires is not natural, or that sinful acts itself is not natural.

So it is not about being gay or lesbian that is the sin, it is acting upon it that is. If the former is a sin, that how do you deal with androgynous people?

If a man finds himself attracted to other men and can't help it, you can't blame him for that, because he was born that way. It is only when he acts according to his lust that it becomes a sin.

Edit: Off topic, but this is a fairly interesting read, particularly about the media's role.
[url=http://www.netplaces.com/koran/unholy-wars-affairs-of-our-modern-world/islam-accused-of-terrorism.htm[/url]

No one else is me.

Roarkiller.net
Isakaya High RPG Site

quote:
Screw your opinions, they are not relevant ^^.

03.22.2012, 10:08 PM Roarkiller is offline   Profile for Roarkiller Add Roarkiller to your buddy list Homepage of Roarkiller
[  «    1  2  3  4  5  6  7    »  ]   « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to:

Online Ghibli
Ghibli Tavern is powered by WoltLab, hosted by Teragon Networks