QuickLink:
Ghibli Tavern - Gay Rights
Home Register Frequently Asked Questions Search Members List Moderators and Administrators
Ghibli Tavern - Tavern General Discussions Gay Rights Hello Guest [register|login]
« Previous Thread | Next Thread » Print Page | Recommend to Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Author
Post [  «    1  2  3  4  5  6  ...    »  ]
AmtrakDesertWindrider
Calcifer

Registration Date: 11.17.11
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by AmtrakDesertWindrider Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by Orphic Okapi
It's not even "weird" in every society. It was the norm in ancient Greece for men.

In fact, the Spartans encouraged it!

Also, Leonardo Da Vinci and Michelangelo also were accepted into society, despite the church at the time being against it. That's with Michelangelo painting the very ceiling of one of the institutions which abhors homosexuality!

Realize, though, the battle has been harsh in the 'states because we are a nation founded on bigotry, misogyny, and xenophobia, and enshrined in a saccharine, stylized myth we regurgitate to elementary-schoolers every year in the form of Puritains and Native Americans sitting down for a feast, whilst the former was actually harming the latter many months beforehand according to some written accounts.

Pardon my above cynicism, but I think the only roadblock for the acceptance of homosexuality in this nation is pure ideology...

03.21.2012, 12:38 AM AmtrakDesertWindrider is offline   Profile for AmtrakDesertWindrider Add AmtrakDesertWindrider to your buddy list Homepage of AmtrakDesertWindrider
saviour2012
Baron

Registration Date: 02.24.12
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by saviour2012 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

boys and girls please give more attention to the important and scientific topic of women equality.

We will be able to talk about this unscientific thing later.

to girls we are talking about you so when you do not post specially i start to think that you do not want your right.

two simple words like i agree or i disagree will be enough for me to understand that you are following.

To the new comers
We have discussed about dress sense and it has been unanimously approved that dress sense is a must for everybody and that must be kept in order to maintain stability.

now we are talking about the fact that women is harassed around the world in spite of the dressings .[ i mean even if they are dressed modestly]

And you are making some silly mistakes i do not understand why are you not understanding the point.

kissing a boy to a boy or kissing a girl to a girl is not homosexuality at all. You do not know what is gay and lesbian is at all

the person who is gay is the guy who entertains his sexual need by a guy. And that is totally unscientific. i does not matter to the society if you get attracted to your own sex it matters when you do sex with him. because that unbalances the principles of nature. i will make that post after the issue of women equality is solved.

i would have made a big post but there is more important matters at hand [ women's equality around the world]

Ask, think and learn. Because the more we know the more we grow.

Watching the wrong to happen is the same as commiting the wrong.

If it looks like things are forcing you to be creative, Then be creative.

its a uniquely Miyazaki film, one only he could make and its uniqueness places it beyond being easily critiqued.[About Porco Rosso]
taken from a quote of Saddletank and Orphic Okapi

Post last edited by saviour2012 on 03.21.2012, 03:05 AM.

03.21.2012, 02:50 AM saviour2012 is offline   Profile for saviour2012 Add saviour2012 to your buddy list Send an Email to saviour2012 Homepage of saviour2012
Calforsale
Totoro

Registration Date: 01.19.10
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Calforsale Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Well a homosexual is someone who is attracted to just, or mainly their own sex. Well that's how i define it.

What do you mean by scientific and unscientific?

03.21.2012, 03:44 AM Calforsale is offline   Profile for Calforsale Add Calforsale to your buddy list
saviour2012
Baron

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by saviour2012 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by Calforsale
Well a homosexual is someone who is attracted to just, or mainly their own sex. Well that's how i define it.

What do you mean by scientific and unscientific?

that is not gay or lesbian at all

i will explain that after the equality of women discussion is done.

its a uniquely Miyazaki film, one only he could make and its uniqueness places it beyond being easily critiqued.[About Porco Rosso]

03.21.2012, 04:31 AM saviour2012 is offline   Profile for saviour2012 Add saviour2012 to your buddy list Send an Email to saviour2012 Homepage of saviour2012
Kazegami
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Registration Date: 08.19.07
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Kazegami Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by saviour2012
boys and girls please give more attention to the important and scientific topic of women equality.

We will be able to talk about this unscientific thing later.
If you could be so kind as to not order us around, that would be lovely. It's very rude. I think we shall talk about what we want, when we want. By the looks of it most of us are bored with that discussion anyway.

quote:
kissing a boy to a boy or kissing a girl to a girl is not homosexuality at all. You do not know what is gay and lesbian is at all
Well then, why don't you impart your wisdom to us? What do you call gay and lesbian? Because it seems to differ from most other people's definition.

My Anime List

03.21.2012, 05:00 AM Kazegami is offline   Profile for Kazegami Add Kazegami to your buddy list
fenkashi
Dibs on Supreme Overlord

Registration Date: 08.12.07
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by fenkashi Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Oh dear. Looks like I started something. ::sigh:: Sorry if this sounds angry at parts... I was actually pretty upset when writing certain parts. And also, my apologies if I misinterpreted anything.

===

@Roar: Because of course, majority rules has historically always been right. Society in general is always right, has it not? Like when it thought it was acceptable to enslave people. And like when it thought women weren't people at all. And like when it thought the Earth was the centre of the universe. There are countless times when society in general has been wrong. And we have overcome that error in thinking on the strength of a few strong voiced individuals.

quote:
Originally posted by Roarkiller
The main difference between your society and theirs, and why such liberal change cannot, and should not, happen yet.

If people wait for the right time to make change, no change would happen. There is bound to be backlash with such a controversial issue... the point is that the government is not even willing to TALK about this change. It's not going to magically appear one day. People won't wake up thinking, oh hey, let's consider giving those gays some rights.

That woman could not even say the word gay/homosexual. Tbh, I feel insulted to have my own rights defended by someone like that.

@Mokipoet and Captain George: Yes, please do excuse the people who have, for a large part, grown up in fear (of losing family and friends, of being bashed and marginalized, of who they fundamentally are) for wanting a little solidarity by means of a parade once a year. How dare they.

And I'm sorry. What obscene things, exactly, are being done by homosexuals in public?

@Captain George: You're taking issue with what a person does with their identity? As strange as I find that, you're perfectly within your rights to be annoyed at whatever you like. I'd just like to say though, the people that form their whole identity around their sexuality generally have a reason for doing so, and imo a pretty admirable one.

@Saviour: First of all, there is a thread for equality of women, if people want they will post in it. If people want to post in this one, they will post here. These kinds of discussions are never 'over' really. We would be here forever if we completely exhausted one topic before moving on to the next.

quote:

All issues of human rights are equally important. The young are just as important as the old, women just as important as men, the heterosexual just as important as the homosexual. And if you wouldn't mind explaining why you keep using the word 'scientific' I would appreciate it. How is the equality of women scientific, how is the equality of gay people unscientific?

Also, I'm not sure if it is because of your language skills, but most of what you say comes off as incredibly presumptuous and condescending. It's not very inviting to read... maybe just read over what you've written?

quote:

the person who is gay is the guy who entertains his sexual need by a guy. And that is totally unscientific. i does not matter to the society if you get attracted to your own sex it matters when you do sex with him. because that unbalances the principles of nature.

Have you ever actually spoken to a gay individual? The sexual needs are a part of being gay, but that is far from the whole picture. Being gay is just as much about love as it is about sex (same as heterosexuality). For some people, it's not about the sex at all.

On what basis are you saying that it does not matter to society whether you are attracted to a same sex individual as long as you don't act on it? People are beaten for LOOKING "gay". They are judged and ridiculed without even the confirmation that they are, in fact, gay. It matters. The only case where I would see that it did matter would be when it came to making laws.

Sex unbalances the principle of nature? If you're talking about the actual sex part, if it was all that unnatural, it would not be possible at all. In fact, homosexual sex often happens in nature. If you're talking about the reproductive aspect of sex, I'd tell you to get with the times. Sex stopped being solely about reproduction a long time ago. I would say it never was to begin with, but with contraception now, it is more so separated to server various purposes than before.

03.21.2012, 06:22 AM fenkashi is offline   Profile for fenkashi Add fenkashi to your buddy list
saviour2012
Baron

i will talk about it if all of us are available at the same time

please inform me the gmt that most of you are available the time can be defined in range like gmt6 to gmt 9. and also a suggested date may be proposed.

And if you agree with me with this issue [i mean there will be no " i like it that way" kind of talks only right or wrong] then you have to promise me that you will be back on the main discussion. [ equality of women]

And roarkiller has to delete my post after the discussion [ that is why i need all of you here at the same time] you all will be there so you will not miss it but after the discussion it has to be deleted. [ only my posts and the other post that contains anything related to my posts]

discussion will be 6 to 7 hours . so it has to be a holiday of yours. [we could do it in some other place by using group chat option but that will catch attention] there is no hurry. take your time i will be available until the end of this month.

no matter what the posts of discussion has to be deleted by roarkiller .
if that is a deal then i am in otherwise i am out.

Post last edited by saviour2012 on 03.21.2012, 07:29 AM.

03.21.2012, 06:36 AM saviour2012 is offline   Profile for saviour2012 Add saviour2012 to your buddy list Send an Email to saviour2012 Homepage of saviour2012
saviour2012
Baron

quote:
Originally posted by fenkashi
@Roar: Because of course, majority rules has historically always been right. Society in general is always right, has it not? Like when it thought it was acceptable to enslave people. And like when it thought women weren't people at all. And like when it thought the Earth was the centre of the universe. There are countless times when society in general has been wrong. And we have overcome that error in thinking on the strength of a few strong voiced individuals.

fenkashi you do not understand those rules were made by humans , and you know how they are. To solve those problems and errors there are rules that came straight from god.

And those rules were never proved wrong.

quote:
Sex unbalances the principle of nature? If you're talking about the actual sex part, if it was all that unnatural, it would not be possible at all. In fact, homosexual sex often happens in nature. If you're talking about the reproductive aspect of sex, I'd tell you to get with the times. Sex stopped being solely about reproduction a long time ago. I would say it never was to begin with, but with contraception now, it is more so separated to server various purposes than before.

Are you out of your mind . I do not know how many of you are science students . But if you were then you would not say that reproduction is not the main reason for intercourse.

Don't mind

Post last edited by saviour2012 on 03.21.2012, 07:17 AM.

03.21.2012, 07:01 AM saviour2012 is offline   Profile for saviour2012 Add saviour2012 to your buddy list Send an Email to saviour2012 Homepage of saviour2012
Roarkiller
Your Daddy-O

Registration Date: 06.03.03
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Roarkiller Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

quote:
Oh dear. Looks like I started something. ::sigh:: Sorry if this sounds angry at parts... I was actually pretty upset when writing certain parts. And also, my apologies if I misinterpreted anything.
Well you guys were saying it's kinda dead recently, no?

===

quote:
quote:
The main difference between your society and theirs, and why such liberal change cannot, and should not, happen yet.

If people wait for the right time to make change, no change would happen. There is bound to be backlash with such a controversial issue... the point is that the government is not even willing to TALK about this change. It's not going to magically appear one day. People won't wake up thinking, oh hey, let's consider giving those gays some rights.
Sadly, that's how the world works. I don't agree with it, obviously, I don't believe in majority.

But that's how it works. If you hate it, be a politician. I'll vote for you.

quote:
And I'm sorry. What obscene things, exactly, are being done by homosexuals in public?
The same thing heterosexuals are doing, apparently.

Which was the point of the original article: banning of homosexual sex, not homosexuality itself.

quote:
@Captain George: You're taking issue with what a person does with their identity? As strange as I find that, you're perfectly within your rights to be annoyed at whatever you like. I'd just like to say though, the people that form their whole identity around their sexuality generally have a reason for doing so, and imo a pretty admirable one.
I'm proud to be a man and thus will wear sleeveless shirts and spread my manly odour around in public.

Err... no. There are things you just don't do in public. Like petting. Sexual orientation be damned. Which was what george was getting at.

quote:
Sex stopped being solely about reproduction a long time ago. I would say it never was to begin with, but with contraception now, it is more so separated to server various purposes than before.
Um... no? It's called reproductive organs for a reason. Nature did not do a 180 just because we want it to be so.

And dolphins are the only other animal on Earth who have sex for the heck of it.

No one else is me.

Roarkiller.net
Isakaya High RPG Site

quote:
Screw your opinions, they are not relevant ^^.

03.21.2012, 08:29 AM Roarkiller is offline   Profile for Roarkiller Add Roarkiller to your buddy list Homepage of Roarkiller
saviour2012
Baron

quote:
And dolphins are the only other animal on Earth who have sex for the heck of it.

you saved me roar, i was doing research on which animals does this as i did not know. As people were saying that doing sex with same sex is natural. If that is true what you are saying then it is completely not. Thank you very much.

03.21.2012, 09:19 AM saviour2012 is offline   Profile for saviour2012 Add saviour2012 to your buddy list Send an Email to saviour2012 Homepage of saviour2012
Kazegami
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Registration Date: 08.19.07
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Kazegami Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

If it happens in nature, then it is natural.

My Anime List

03.21.2012, 11:16 AM Kazegami is offline   Profile for Kazegami Add Kazegami to your buddy list
Nausicaa_Cat
Baron

Registration Date: 10.02.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Nausicaa_Cat Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

First of all, saviour, please don't decide by yourself when, where and what time frame we shall all have a conversation about this on. Everyone here are on quite completely different times, I'm GMT for example, whilst I think we have the odd australian etc. Plus very few people have plenty of hours to spare to do so. It just isn't logistically that possible. Plus I don't think it's necessary, we're all capable of just replying to posts at whatever time presumably? Also please stop trying to introduce the topic of women's equality in this thread, since this is related to gay rights and is a completely different issue. It just would make more sense to bring it up there, if people are still interested in discussing it

As far as the 'unnatural' thing goes I don't really think there is an argument for this anymore, with modern science and the research that has gone on.

Throughout history huge numbers of attempts have been made to turn homosexual people heterosexual, plenty of religious groups in particular have set up institutions to do just that. I think there was even an NHS iniative that employed the use of electrotherapy etc. All of these have failed. I have never heard of a homosexual person ever being converted into a heterosexual person. It is in their nature, if you spoke to a homosexual person they would tell you it is something they have felt from a very young age. It isn't something instilled in you by your environment, since there are examples of people from a huge variety of cultures being gay - I mean mormons who have never had access to any kind of media or anything, who have grown up with strict religious teachings, have been homosexual. Arguments as to choice or whatever appear to me to be simply defunct.

As for the whole animals thing, did you know that ducks are geese are known to form homosexual couplings? Heterosexual females lay their eggs in the homosexual couplings nest, and it has been remarked that the homosexual parents are often better at raising their young. Male lions have sex with each other frequently. In dwarf chimpanzee communities bisexuality is an essential part of their social interactions.

We are the only species that punishes members of our own species for being homosexual. That sounds damn unnatural to me.

Obviously reproduction is necessary to the survival of the race, but since throughout nature homosexual couplings exist alongside heterosexual couplings it is to be presumed that some life forms are just born this way. Research has gone into the theory that homosexuals have different brains but I don't know much about that or how well it has been proven. Regardless I think it's something that does come naturally to people so arguments against it are ludicrous.

03.21.2012, 11:44 AM Nausicaa_Cat is offline   Profile for Nausicaa_Cat Add Nausicaa_Cat to your buddy list
captain george
Ohmu

Registration Date: 11.09.11
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by captain george Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

quote:
@Mokipoet and Captain George: Yes, please do excuse the people who have, for a large part, grown up in fear (of losing family and friends, of being bashed and marginalized, of who they fundamentally are) for wanting a little solidarity by means of a parade once a year. How dare they.

There is no need for people to make being homosexual the biggest part of their personality. Yea, live the way that is natural to you, but why feel the need to display your sexuality in every facet of your life? i don't mean public displays of affection, what i mean is wearing bondage costumes in public and things along those lines just to shock people. i lose respect for the small few (and it is very few) individuals that do things like that, but as a whole, it doesn't effect my view that homosexual's should be afforded the same rights as everyone else.

In short, respect society and society respects you. Aim to shock and you'll never beat the majority, and the majority of people are heterosexual.

i agree with everything else you said though. Your spot on with pretty much everything you'v said fen. Fair play.

i agree with what Nausicaa_Cat said in her last comment as well. Just as with racism, homophobia only develops in people because young people are exposed to it. Its an impression formed in their mind by peers or parents. Its definitely not natural.
People are born homosexual, its part of who they are. Its not fair that something un-natural outweighs something which is natural so often.

03.21.2012, 12:37 PM captain george is offline   Profile for captain george Add captain george to your buddy list Send an Email to captain george
saviour2012
Baron

quote:
Originally posted by Nausicaa_Cat
First of all, saviour, please don't decide by yourself when, where and what time frame we shall all have a conversation about this on.

now you are getting me wrong here. a actually said that i will sacrifice my sleep for one night if you guys are able to give some time at the same time in the thread. Because at first i said that being gay or lesbian is completely unscientific.

you wanted an explanation roar gave that to you. but you are still denying the facts. if some more explanation is needed from me [ it is actually dependent only on me at first i said i will not talk about rights at all, then you people started to post unscientific things as you can't promise to bite your tongue if something really hideously sexist comes up just like that i can not mine when someone posts something hideously unscientific]
then all of you who want to do the discussion has to to stay with me in the same time that may be your time i do not care. So after the discussion the posts can be deleted. and that is also dependent on roarkiller. [ i do not want a record to be kept about our discussion]

Post last edited by saviour2012 on 03.21.2012, 02:17 PM.

03.21.2012, 02:08 PM saviour2012 is offline   Profile for saviour2012 Add saviour2012 to your buddy list Send an Email to saviour2012 Homepage of saviour2012
Nausicaa_Cat
Baron

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Nausicaa_Cat Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Saviour, I don't understand what is unscientific about mine or other pro-homosexuality arguments? I acknowledged that in terms of reproduction homosexual sex isn't something that can be universalised, but that does not mean it is unnatural. Plenty of scientific research has in fact gone into proving that it is natural, at least to some people.

Post last edited by Nausicaa_Cat on 03.21.2012, 02:27 PM.

03.21.2012, 02:26 PM Nausicaa_Cat is offline   Profile for Nausicaa_Cat Add Nausicaa_Cat to your buddy list
fenkashi
Dibs on Supreme Overlord

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by fenkashi Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Okay what o_o bondage costumes?

Captain George, I get where you're coming from. Totally. All I am saying is I understand why some of these people would want to be shocking. You might be okay with them being homosexual, but so many people in the world think it is dirty and shocking and wrong... and when you are unable to change these opinions, you embrace it and wear them proudly in retaliation. The displays are a big 'screw you' to the world.

quote:
Which was the point of the original article: banning of homosexual sex, not homosexuality itself.

Roar, do you know how ridiculous this is? And honestly...it's as good as banning homosexuality. It's not like they can pass a law saying you can't be attracted to this person or fall in love with that person.

Roar and Savior... I suppose knowing you I should have spelled it out. In human society sex was never soley about reproduction.

quote:
fenkashi you do not understand those rules were made by humans , and you know how they are. To solve those problems and errors there are rules that came straight from god.

And your point?

Btw, Roar, I've been curious, what's Islam's take on homosexuality? Do you know? That is one issue I've never seen come up.

And finally... savior, just answer the question about scientific/unscientific because Roar did not address that. This is how forums work... people post when they are available, other see the post and reply when they are available. The point of forums is so no waiting around or worrying about timing is required.

From what he has said, I get the feel you think homosexuality is sex with a same-sex person... and I already told you you're wrong about that.

03.21.2012, 02:30 PM fenkashi is offline   Profile for fenkashi Add fenkashi to your buddy list
saviour2012
Baron

quote:
Saviour, I don't understand what is unscientific about mine or other pro-homosexuality arguments? I acknowledged that in terms of reproduction homosexual sex isn't something that can be universalised, but that does not mean it is unnatural. Plenty of scientific research has in fact gone into proving that it is natural, at least to some people.

it is sometimes better to keep the mouth shut [ i will start to do that from now on in this thread ]

but whenever something unscientific comes i will shout unscientific. [you did the same thing by saying my points sexist and without totally explaining those and then left the thread]

repost:you wanted an explanation roar gave that to you. but you are still denying the facts.if some more explanation is needed from me then all of you who want to do the discussion has to to stay with me in the same time that may be your time i do not care. So after the discussion the posts can be deleted. and that is also dependent on roarkiller. [ i do not want a record to be kept about our discussion][ it is actually dependent only on me at first i said i will not talk about rights at all, then you people started to post unscientific things as you can't promise to bite your tongue if something really hideously sexist comes up just like that i can not mine when someone posts something hideously unscientific] [ another thing can be done if you want to talk in a chat then just ask me]

03.21.2012, 02:37 PM saviour2012 is offline   Profile for saviour2012 Add saviour2012 to your buddy list Send an Email to saviour2012 Homepage of saviour2012
saviour2012
Baron

quote:
Roar and Savior... I suppose knowing you I should have spelled it out. In human society sex was never soley about reproduction.

totally wrong.

03.21.2012, 02:39 PM saviour2012 is offline   Profile for saviour2012 Add saviour2012 to your buddy list Send an Email to saviour2012 Homepage of saviour2012
fenkashi
Dibs on Supreme Overlord

Right. I can reply with one word.

Contraceptives.

03.21.2012, 02:49 PM fenkashi is offline   Profile for fenkashi Add fenkashi to your buddy list
Nausicaa_Cat
Baron

quote:
Originally posted by saviour2012
quote:

it is sometimes better to keep the mouth shut [ i will start to do that from now on in this thread ]

but whenever something unscientific comes i will shout unscientific. [you did the same thing by saying my points sexist and without totally explaining those and then left the thread]

repost:you wanted an explanation roar gave that to you. but you are still denying the facts.if some more explanation is needed from me then all of you who want to do the discussion has to to stay with me in the same time that may be your time i do not care. So after the discussion the posts can be deleted. and that is also dependent on roarkiller. [ i do not want a record to be kept about our discussion][ it is actually dependent only on me at first i said i will not talk about rights at all, then you people started to post unscientific things as you can't promise to bite your tongue if something really hideously sexist comes up just like that i can not mine when someone posts something hideously unscientific] [ another thing can be done if you want to talk in a chat then just ask me]

Saviour, if you're only contribution to this thread will occasionally be to comment that something is 'unscientific' without any further explanation, you may as well not contribute at all. When I said I would stay out of the Equality thread unless I saw something I found extremely sexist, and was thus so offended I couldn't help but join in, I would have joined in on the basis I wouldn't just say something was sexist but explain my remark. Otherwise that would just be hugely pointless.

You also seem to think people dropped out of the other debate because it was going on at different times for different people, so it was a matter of inconveniance. Actually, the whole point of forum posting is that because people can post at any time in the conversation that doesn't really affect it - it isn't like a webchat, where the conversation is going on in real time anyway. People dropped out of the sexual equality argument I believe because they felt frustrated, since they didn't feel their points were being understood or acknowledged. Or perhaps they simply felt they had said what they needed to say, and didn't wish to go on any further. It is up to each individual the extent they want to write on a subject, the whole point of the forum is fun, and if people aren't having fun in a thread they don't need to continue in it.

Also, you'd have to wait for Roar's reply, but it isn't usual for posts to be deleted after you've written them. If you want them deleted because you'd feel uncomfortable having what you've said available on the internet to be scrutinised or whatever, then simply don't say anything that would make you uncomfortable. Though maybe you have other reasons for wanting it deleted?

As for your comment that it is 'totally wrong' that 'In human society sex was never solely about reproduction' I would like to in turn say you are totally wrong. There has always been greater meaning to sex than the production of babies. In Ancient Greek and Spartan times, many civilisations featured men having sex so as to bond and deepen their friendships, a particular band of warriors (whose name currently escapes me but I could look them up if you like) were encouraged hugely to have sex with each other because it was thought they became a better fighting unit that way - sex deepend the degree to which they cared about each other and were intimate with each other. People don't just have sex to create children, it's a pleasurable experience which connects two people in a way that nothing else really can. You wouldn't tell a heterosexual barren woman or sterile man that he can't have sex, so why is this enforced on homosexuals?

As far as I'm concerned anybody who thinks sex is only good for producing offspring clearly hasn't been having good sex

03.21.2012, 02:56 PM Nausicaa_Cat is offline   Profile for Nausicaa_Cat Add Nausicaa_Cat to your buddy list
[  «    1  2  3  4  5  6  ...    »  ]   « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to:

Online Ghibli
Ghibli Tavern is powered by WoltLab, hosted by Teragon Networks