QuickLink:
Ghibli Tavern - Girls!!
Home Register Frequently Asked Questions Search Members List Moderators and Administrators
Ghibli Tavern » - Anime » Anime in General » Girls!! » Hello Guest [register|login]
« Previous Thread | Next Thread » Print Page | Recommend to Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Author
Post [  «    ...  31  32  33  34  35  36  37  38  39  ...    »  ]
Orphic Okapi
Baron

Registration Date: 04.08.07
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Orphic Okapi Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by husky51

does anyone recognize this character??? can't figure out if a boy or a girl....

It's Sheik from some Legend of Zelda game or another. I haven't actually played it, but one of my friends is an expert on this stuff. Apparently the character is Zelda, pretending to be a boy? (And this gives her a new name for some reason.) So technically it's a girl, but either way you're sort of half-right.

05.20.2009, 06:39 AM Orphic Okapi is offline   Profile for Orphic Okapi Add Orphic Okapi to your buddy list
Kazegami
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Registration Date: 08.19.07
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Kazegami Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Mm. I really like this.

My Anime List

Post last edited by Kazegami on 05.20.2009, 03:23 PM.

05.20.2009, 03:22 PM Kazegami is offline   Profile for Kazegami Add Kazegami to your buddy list
turniphead1
Totoro

Registration Date: 10.09.08
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by turniphead1 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Lol, that has to be the most disproportionate person I've ever seen.

Clicky

05.20.2009, 03:54 PM turniphead1 is offline   Profile for turniphead1 Add turniphead1 to your buddy list
Kazegami
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Kazegami Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Meh. I've seen worse. Much, much worse. And less pretty.

My Anime List

Post last edited by Kazegami on 05.20.2009, 04:08 PM.

05.20.2009, 04:07 PM Kazegami is offline   Profile for Kazegami Add Kazegami to your buddy list
husky51
The Old Guy

Registration Date: 03.17.08
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by husky51 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by turniphead1

Don't know where you've been, but that is considered the norm in some places...

not to be crude, merely descriptive, but a gestimate would be between a 38-40, maybe DD or EE. My daughter at 17 was a 36DD and one of my ex-wife's high school friends was a 38DD and this looks about like that, IMO

Again, I am not trying to be lewd or crude, merely describing a physical attribute...

-=========================================

Thank you Kaze, Arren and Orphic fr your info on that pic....

Post last edited by husky51 on 05.20.2009, 04:35 PM.

05.20.2009, 04:32 PM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
oldwrench
Warawara

Registration Date: 02.23.07
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by oldwrench Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

That's pretty close to the norm for a lot of girls around now days. Yes, my youngest daughter is built a lot like that, maybe a bit bigger. Here in the Midwest, there are a lot of German and Scandinavian derived people. They tend to be taller and more endowed than some. I think it may be due to better nutrition now days too. I looked back in my high school yearbooks, from the 60's, yes quite a few of the girls were pretty well built back then too.

In anime, many times, characters are actually caricatures. The very overly endowed women are often used as a stereotype, or a fanservice joke like in Eiken.

I learned another reason when I was talking with Matt Greenfield, co-owner of ADV films. I asked him why there are so many scantly clad pictures of girls, and overly endowed girls in anime. His answer, 99% of the animators are men, sitting for hours drawing in there little cubicals, bored out of their minds......... what do you think they're going to draw, just for fun.

Another point, most anime is not aimed at Otaku, but at teen and pre-teen kids. Girls of that age seem to like a dream girl princess...... like the well endowed Barbie doll. Yup exaggerated curves sell, even to young girls.

There are some universal attractants being used here. Childish features, round face, big eyes, small nose....... and female shapes, especially the curve of a girls hips and breast, and long shapely legs.. These things have been proven attractive in all cultures. Want to sell in advertising, use small children, baby animals or sexy curvy women.

That's just facts kids.

Post last edited by oldwrench on 05.20.2009, 05:19 PM.

05.20.2009, 05:02 PM oldwrench is offline   Profile for oldwrench Add oldwrench to your buddy list YIM Screenname: oldwrench2000
turniphead1
Totoro

Registration Date: 10.09.08
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by turniphead1 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Well the only animes I've seen are Ghiblis and The Girl Who Leapt Through Time, so it's probably the most disproportionate that I've seen in anime.

Clicky

05.20.2009, 05:04 PM turniphead1 is offline   Profile for turniphead1 Add turniphead1 to your buddy list
oldwrench
Warawara

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by oldwrench Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

some cute anime girls

Alvis Hamilton from Last Exile

Etna from Disgaea, such a cute little devil

and Flonne a cute little angel

05.20.2009, 05:27 PM oldwrench is offline   Profile for oldwrench Add oldwrench to your buddy list YIM Screenname: oldwrench2000
oldwrench
Warawara

Henrietta, 11 year old bio enhanced assassin from Gunslinger Girl, one heck of a good anime.

Nonomi Higashihara, from Gun Parade March

05.20.2009, 05:34 PM oldwrench is offline   Profile for oldwrench Add oldwrench to your buddy list YIM Screenname: oldwrench2000
oldwrench
Warawara

Midori Kaugano from Midori Days, literally, Seiji's right hand girl

Becky Miyamoto, 11 year old Harvard graduate, and now, high school teacher. Pani Poni Dash

05.20.2009, 05:42 PM oldwrench is offline   Profile for oldwrench Add oldwrench to your buddy list YIM Screenname: oldwrench2000
arren18
Administrator

Registration Date: 08.15.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by arren18 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

quote:

Um, you may not have realised this before, but there is this thing existing in the world popularly known as a "girl". You may not have seen one before...

05.20.2009, 05:44 PM arren18 is offline   Profile for arren18 Add arren18 to your buddy list Homepage of arren18
husky51
The Old Guy

Registration Date: 03.17.08
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by husky51 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by oldwrench

Becky Miyamoto, 11 year old Harvard graduate, and now, high school teacher. Pani Poni Dash

I thought that Becky was only 10 yrs old???
=======================
yeah, my dau is of scots/german on her mom's side...bros and uncles are BIG!!!

I still be older than you OW... lol
got 11 or 13 grandkids, depending on how yu count'm...

Post last edited by husky51 on 05.20.2009, 06:12 PM.

05.20.2009, 06:08 PM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
Miyrru
Graphic Designer

Registration Date: 08.16.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Miyrru Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

This is a little off topic, but how good was Pani Poni Dash? I loved that series, it was the one true show that felt like Lucky Star, which I would consider to be the king of reference-laden chibi comedy's. The 'character of the year' is easily Rokugou I lack sufficient picture atm.

But I am watching Moonphase, and I think the neko mimi vampire Hazuki is pretty cute.

Im doing this picture as a trace and it is going to take some time, but it is turning out really good so far.

Click for Gallery^^
The truth had to be seen. Anything else was a story, entertaining but more embroidered fib then crude, shapeless fact. ~Dave Eggers

05.20.2009, 06:27 PM Miyrru is offline   Profile for Miyrru Add Miyrru to your buddy list Send an Email to Miyrru
oldwrench
Warawara

Pani Poni Dash is like Azumanga Daioh on too much caffeine and sugar. The humor is pretty wild and crazy. It starts slow in the first few episodes and gets wild after that.

Oh, I made a mistake, Becky graduated from MIT.

05.20.2009, 07:57 PM oldwrench is offline   Profile for oldwrench Add oldwrench to your buddy list YIM Screenname: oldwrench2000
Kazegami
Miyazaki's Best Friend

quote:
Originally posted by Miyrru

Awww, so cute! I've heard Moon Phase is pretty weird, but that's just adorable.

My Anime List

05.21.2009, 02:41 AM Kazegami is offline   Profile for Kazegami Add Kazegami to your buddy list
Saddletank
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Registration Date: 09.28.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Saddletank Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

quote:
Well the only animes I've seen are Ghiblis and The Girl Who Leapt Through Time, so it's probably the most disproportionate that I've seen in anime.

Following on from what oldwrench said (and which is pretty much correct) Studio Ghibli which has always been a family-facing business has never gone in for overly curvy female leads and hasn't pandered to the teen market with any ecchi artwork.

And while many TV shows do draw girls in a certain exaggerated way, some do not and plenty of more serious movies do not as well. Satoshi Kon's work is realistic it's figure's proportions as is Makoto Shinkai's and The Girl Who Leapt Through Time also falls into this category.

Not every anime artist is a pervert you know!

And in addition to all that and what everyone seems to have missed is that the picture that Kaz posted isn't anime style art. It has none of the features of manga or anime and is in a western realistic style.

She has lovely eyes. Shame about those headphones though.

"An old man like me stands no chance fighting against a high school girl in her underwear" - Oshino Meme, Nekomonogatari (Kuro)

Post last edited by Saddletank on 05.21.2009, 05:07 AM.

05.21.2009, 05:02 AM Saddletank is offline   Profile for Saddletank Add Saddletank to your buddy list Send an Email to Saddletank
Miyrru
Graphic Designer

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Miyrru Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by Kazegami
quote:
Originally posted by Miyrru

Awww, so cute! I've heard Moon Phase is pretty weird, but that's just adorable.

Yeah Moon Phase is pretty weird, but I like the art style and Hazuki is pretty cute so I figured Id try it out. I like it so far.

My trace of this image is coming along. I finished the cat ear, the face and several bits of hair on the side. Going to take a long time on this one.

Click for Gallery^^
The truth had to be seen. Anything else was a story, entertaining but more embroidered fib then crude, shapeless fact. ~Dave Eggers

05.21.2009, 07:54 AM Miyrru is offline   Profile for Miyrru Add Miyrru to your buddy list Send an Email to Miyrru
oldwrench
Warawara

Great, Husky, it isn't often I meet someone around my age group in the anime circles. Only a few of us old timers at the cons. At 58 years I'm often the elder statesman of the group.

I haven't seen Moon Phase yet, but it looks cute.

05.21.2009, 08:14 AM oldwrench is offline   Profile for oldwrench Add oldwrench to your buddy list YIM Screenname: oldwrench2000
Miyrru
Graphic Designer

This is the progress on my trace, I did the face first because I remember someone here commenting that traces looked creepy in the incomplete stage with no facial features, so I went at those first. The eyes were actually pretty easy so it was fun to do them.

Click for Gallery^^

05.21.2009, 08:33 AM Miyrru is offline   Profile for Miyrru Add Miyrru to your buddy list Send an Email to Miyrru
arren18
Administrator

Registration Date: 08.15.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by arren18 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by Saddletank
the picture that Kaz posted isn't anime style art.

And what is anime style art anyway? It doesn't all look the same.

05.21.2009, 08:47 AM arren18 is offline   Profile for arren18 Add arren18 to your buddy list Homepage of arren18
[  «    ...  31  32  33  34  35  36  37  38  39  ...    »  ]   « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to:

Online Ghibli
Ghibli Tavern is powered by WoltLab, hosted by Teragon Networks