QuickLink:
Ghibli Tavern - What are you currently watching?
Home Register Frequently Asked Questions Search Members List Moderators and Administrators
Ghibli Tavern » - Anime » Anime in General » What are you currently watching? » Hello Guest [register|login]
« Previous Thread | Next Thread » Print Page | Recommend to Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Author
Post [  «    ...  115  116  117  118  119  120  121  122  123  ...    »  ]
Roarkiller
Your Daddy-O

Registration Date: 06.03.03
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Roarkiller Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Okay before I jump into this conversation,

quote:
Originally posted by fenkashi
The Psycho-pass movie was fun. Not as good as the anime, but a good watch, regardless ^^

Wait there was a Psycho Pass movie? Why do I not know of this?!

*cough*

Arren, you really need to watch the ef series, especially the first season. The Soredemo series is not awesome, just good. If I have to make a parallel, it'd be along the same lines as Saiunkoku Monogatari or Utawarerumono.

Also, Isshuukan Friends = Highly recommended I thought it was gonna be like Fifty First Kiss, but from the looks of things the story is going to be rather different.

@saddle: There's a few series I've watched more than twice, if I follow my own definition of "over and over again". Among them are Cardcaptor Sakura (don't ask), Azumanga Daioh and Ai Yori Aoshi. Usually I rewatch series because it's just plain fun to watch like AzuDai, or have a story I really love, Like Ai Yori Aoshi and Ano Natsu de Matteru.

Conversely, I rarely rewatch titles I myself would very highly recommend, sans movies. I generally am able to remember most of any given story, so for stuff like Gosick, Higurashi or Psycho Pass, I know I will never get the same feeling of excitement or suspense as I when I first watch it, so it's very hard to watch it a second time.

In that sense, most titles I rewatch are light stuff like comedy or saccharine-sweet romance stuff. Probably because it's impossible to be tired of feeling happy

No one else is me.

Roarkiller.net
Isakaya High RPG Site

quote:
Screw your opinions, they are not relevant ^^.

05.03.2014, 09:57 AM Roarkiller is offline   Profile for Roarkiller Add Roarkiller to your buddy list Homepage of Roarkiller
fenkashi
Dibs on Supreme Overlord

Registration Date: 08.12.07
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by fenkashi Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Wow... I should not try to communicate at night. I swear to god we were talking about the Steins;Gate anime and movie o_o But apparently I even typed Psycho Pass... (which was an awesome show! and I would definitely watch the movie of xD)

05.03.2014, 09:56 PM fenkashi is offline   Profile for fenkashi Add fenkashi to your buddy list
husky51
The Old Guy

Registration Date: 03.17.08
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by husky51 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

As for me, I like to rewatch Chobits; AzumangaDaioh; Fruits Basket; I, My, Me, Strawberry Egg. Series or movies along these lines I like watching more than once...

05.04.2014, 01:39 AM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
Saddletank
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Registration Date: 09.28.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Saddletank Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

quote:
Wow... I should not try to communicate at night. I swear to god we were talking about the Steins;Gate anime and movie o_o But apparently I even typed Psycho Pass... (which was an awesome show! and I would definitely watch the movie of xD)

Ha, that made me chuckle. I think you need more sleep!

"An old man like me stands no chance fighting against a high school girl in her underwear" - Oshino Meme, Nekomonogatari (Kuro)

05.04.2014, 06:22 AM Saddletank is offline   Profile for Saddletank Add Saddletank to your buddy list Send an Email to Saddletank
Roarkiller
Your Daddy-O

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Roarkiller Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Maybe she was sleeping... in a different timeline.

That said, I discovered that there will indeed be a Psycho Pass movie, after the second season.

Also, Kindaichi is nice.

No one else is me.

Roarkiller.net
Isakaya High RPG Site

quote:

05.04.2014, 12:39 PM Roarkiller is offline   Profile for Roarkiller Add Roarkiller to your buddy list Homepage of Roarkiller
Kazegami
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Registration Date: 08.19.07
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Kazegami Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Well. That's me done with Psycho-Pass. That was a very, very good series. You know I'd actually have been okay with it if there wasn't a second season. This is a good thing! It means the ending was decent. But yeah, great story, really good characters... At the very beginning I wasn't sure how I was going to like Akane. Heh, my first impression of her was the same as Kunizuka's. And I was as wrong as Kunizuka. Hm. I saw that a lot of people really hated Ginoza, and I could see why, with the way he behaved at times. I was angry with him too sometimes. But at the same time, particularly towards and at the end, I really sympathised with him and liked him. It was a bittersweet conclusion for him, heavy on the bitter. But he seemed to be at peace with things, more or less. Good character, flawed and believable.

The question now is, what next? My to-watch list is long enough as it is, so I should probably choose something from there or finish one of the several shows I started and didn't finish...

My Anime List

05.05.2014, 09:20 AM Kazegami is offline   Profile for Kazegami Add Kazegami to your buddy list
arren18
Administrator

Registration Date: 08.15.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by arren18 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

I suppose that depends on what type of thing (genre, etc) you'd like to watch. And also what your existing to-watch list includes!

05.05.2014, 09:47 AM arren18 is offline   Profile for arren18 Add arren18 to your buddy list Homepage of arren18
Kazegami
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Registration Date: 08.19.07
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Kazegami Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

I need something light now, a romantic comedy sounds good. Something like Kaichou wa Maid-sama or OHSHC. Hmm.

My Anime List

05.05.2014, 08:19 PM Kazegami is offline   Profile for Kazegami Add Kazegami to your buddy list
Saddletank
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Saddletank Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

In that category, or close to it, I'd put Kare Kano, Hyouka, Noragami, Ano Natsu, Chuunibyou demo Koi ga Shitai!, Candy Boy, Eden of the East, Hanasaku Iroha, Haruhi Suzumiya, Kannagi, Lovely Complex, Sukite Ii Na Yo, Tonari no Kabutsu Kun, Nourin.

Some of them are more slice of life than romance and many don't deliver the riots of laughter that OHSHC does but they are all fun.

Usagi Drop might entertain you as well, it just fills you with warm fuzzy feelings but isn't comedy.

"An old man like me stands no chance fighting against a high school girl in her underwear" - Oshino Meme, Nekomonogatari (Kuro)

05.06.2014, 06:06 AM Saddletank is offline   Profile for Saddletank Add Saddletank to your buddy list Send an Email to Saddletank
arren18
Administrator

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by arren18 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

If you can forgive it for being a rather cliched harem comedy with a bizarrely contrived plot, Nisekoi is a lot of fun to watch.

05.06.2014, 07:21 AM arren18 is offline   Profile for arren18 Add arren18 to your buddy list Homepage of arren18
Roarkiller
Your Daddy-O

So I finally got a chance to watch Madoka:Rebellion the 3rd movie, and I have to honestly say... it was confusing. So much so that I think the series alone, or the first two movies combined, was sufficient. The additional movie only served to create an innumerable number of discrepancies and unanswered questions to the original series, in my opinion.

EDIT: Is anyone watching the new Kindaichi series? I'm hoping to have a mystery discussion group because I like solving mysteries, even though I'm lousy at it Would be a fun way to work those brain cells.

No one else is me.

Roarkiller.net
Isakaya High RPG Site

quote:

05.18.2014, 01:18 AM Roarkiller is offline   Profile for Roarkiller Add Roarkiller to your buddy list Homepage of Roarkiller
Nausicaa_Cat
Baron

Registration Date: 10.02.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Nausicaa_Cat Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Working my way through Kill la Kill after seeing Arren (I think?) mentioning it. I'm really enjoying it! It's a rather bizarre show but its frenetic pace and style of animation is really engaging and the protagonist is cute. I find the basically-naked battle uniform that she and others wear a little unnecessary, but it's done in a very knowing way (she's initially very embarrassed about it) so it doesn't bother me as much as it might.

05.30.2014, 06:26 AM Nausicaa_Cat is offline   Profile for Nausicaa_Cat Add Nausicaa_Cat to your buddy list
saviour2012
Baron

Registration Date: 02.24.12
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by saviour2012 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

How many anime series you guys have actually seen

seems to me that most of you have watched atleast 100 series.

thats good i have only watched 20 maybe

Ask, think and learn. Because the more we know the more we grow.

Watching the wrong to happen is the same as commiting the wrong.

If it looks like things are forcing you to be creative, Then be creative.

its a uniquely Miyazaki film, one only he could make and its uniqueness places it beyond being easily critiqued.[About Porco Rosso]
taken from a quote of Saddletank and Orphic Okapi

Post last edited by saviour2012 on 05.30.2014, 11:35 AM.

05.30.2014, 11:35 AM saviour2012 is offline   Profile for saviour2012 Add saviour2012 to your buddy list Send an Email to saviour2012 Homepage of saviour2012
Nausicaa_Cat
Baron

Registration Date: 10.02.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Nausicaa_Cat Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by saviour2012
How many anime series you guys have actually seen

seems to me that most of you have watched atleast 100 series.

thats good i have only watched 20 maybe

Ah Saviour I've probably only seen around that amount of series! I generally prefer manga. I'm aware of most of the big series out there but my favourite genre in shoujo and that doesn't always tend to translate that well into anime, it's often dumb harem stuff and that's the least interesting kind.

05.30.2014, 12:25 PM Nausicaa_Cat is offline   Profile for Nausicaa_Cat Add Nausicaa_Cat to your buddy list
Saddletank
Miyazaki's Best Friend

I watch fewer than I would like to because when I start one I feel really bad if I don't finish it. Some kind of nutty quasi-OCDness I guess. I also spend a lot of time rewatching my favourite series over and over because I get so much joy out of characters and stories I like and animation styles I think are cool.

I just did a count up for no real reason than I was curious.

Anime Series:

71 watched
6 currently being watched
47 in my list to be watched

Films and OVAs:

68 watched (some are as short as 30 mins though)
16 to be watched

Currently watching:

Golden Time
Kimi no Todoke
Monogatari 2nd Season (this is a re-watch)
Mushishi
Nourin
Photo Kano (yeah, I know, so bite me)

Post last edited by Saddletank on 05.30.2014, 12:32 PM.

05.30.2014, 12:31 PM Saddletank is offline   Profile for Saddletank Add Saddletank to your buddy list Send an Email to Saddletank
arren18
Administrator

quote:
Originally posted by Nausicaa_Cat
Working my way through Kill la Kill after seeing Arren (I think?) mentioning it. I'm really enjoying it! It's a rather bizarre show but its frenetic pace and style of animation is really engaging and the protagonist is cute. I find the basically-naked battle uniform that she and others wear a little unnecessary, but it's done in a very knowing way (she's initially very embarrassed about it) so it doesn't bother me as much as it might.

I did mention it! I actually ended up really enjoying it, even though I was uncertain at first. I'm glad that that aspect didn't put you off, because it turns out to be really enjoyable, and ultimately the ridiculous outfits end up seeming kinda cool after all. I hope you like the rest of it!

05.30.2014, 01:05 PM arren18 is offline   Profile for arren18 Add arren18 to your buddy list Homepage of arren18
Roarkiller
Your Daddy-O

Kill La Kill is probably the only anime in history where nudity and fanserviceis crucial to the storyline

Gonna watch that Penguindrum series soon, hopes it's as good as people say. I'm still wondering if I should watch Tiger and Bunny.

No one else is me.

Roarkiller.net
Isakaya High RPG Site

quote:

05.30.2014, 11:10 PM Roarkiller is offline   Profile for Roarkiller Add Roarkiller to your buddy list Homepage of Roarkiller
arren18
Administrator

I recommend both! Penguindrum is very strange and not so consistent, but I think it's great. And Tiger and Bunny is a lot of fun.

05.31.2014, 03:18 AM arren18 is offline   Profile for arren18 Add arren18 to your buddy list Homepage of arren18
Saddletank
Miyazaki's Best Friend

quote:
Originally posted by Roarkiller
Kill La Kill is probably the only anime in history where nudity and fanserviceis crucial to the storyline

*cough* Bakemonogatari *cough*

Penguin Drum was amazing at first but as it became stranger and stranger and I got completely lost and couldn't understand what the heck I was watching some of its appeal waned. I'm sure its clever and deep and meaningful but I was somewhat frustrated by it.

Tiger and Bunny is going on my list.

Post last edited by Saddletank on 05.31.2014, 08:16 AM.

05.31.2014, 08:15 AM Saddletank is offline   Profile for Saddletank Add Saddletank to your buddy list Send an Email to Saddletank
arren18
Administrator

I mostly had no problems with Penguindrum, but I was unimpressed by the villain and thought the one oddly comedic episode in the later part of the series somewhat undermined the seriousness of the character it involved. I enjoyed the complexity of the later episodes though.

As an aside, now I think about it, like the fanservice in Kill la Kill, the product placement in Tiger and Bunny is surprisingly important. Not in the sense that it's central in the overall story, but rather that it's a significant aspect of the setting.

05.31.2014, 09:59 PM arren18 is offline   Profile for arren18 Add arren18 to your buddy list Homepage of arren18
[  «    ...  115  116  117  118  119  120  121  122  123  ...    »  ]   « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to:

Online Ghibli
Ghibli Tavern is powered by WoltLab, hosted by Teragon Networks