QuickLink:
Ghibli Tavern - What are you currently watching?
Home Register Frequently Asked Questions Search Members List Moderators and Administrators
Ghibli Tavern » - Anime » Anime in General » What are you currently watching? » Hello Guest [register|login]
« Previous Thread | Next Thread » Print Page | Recommend to Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Author
Post [  «    ...  114  115  116  117  118  119  120  121  122  ...    »  ]
Roarkiller
Your Daddy-O

Registration Date: 06.03.03
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Roarkiller Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by husky51
Just finished watching "Dragon Boy Taro" from 1979. About to be expected from an older film like that, good, but meh IMO...

Confirm for me: was there a lot of drumming for rain and rice planting/eating?

Because there was this one old anime movie I saw as a kid I've been hunting for ages.

No one else is me.

Roarkiller.net
Isakaya High RPG Site

quote:
Originally posted by fenkashi
Screw your opinions, they are not relevant ^^.

03.29.2014, 01:05 PM Roarkiller is offline   Profile for Roarkiller Add Roarkiller to your buddy list Homepage of Roarkiller
arren18
Administrator

Registration Date: 08.15.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by arren18 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

I watched the first episode of Selector Infected WIXOSS. It wasn't a mind-blowing opener, mainly just introducing the protagonist and the card game that it revolves around, but there were intriguing elements hinting that it could turn into something unique.

04.04.2014, 11:58 AM arren18 is offline   Profile for arren18 Add arren18 to your buddy list Homepage of arren18
husky51
The Old Guy

Registration Date: 03.17.08
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by husky51 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Watching "Legend of the Millennium Dragon" today...

04.04.2014, 12:53 PM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
Roarkiller
Your Daddy-O

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Roarkiller Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

So has anyone watched any of the new series? I haven't had a chance to even glance through them, wondering if anyone has any recommendations besides Mushishi.

No one else is me.

Roarkiller.net
Isakaya High RPG Site

quote:

04.12.2014, 09:36 PM Roarkiller is offline   Profile for Roarkiller Add Roarkiller to your buddy list Homepage of Roarkiller
arren18
Administrator

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by arren18 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

The only ones I've started so far are Isshuukan Friends, WIXOSS and Sidonia no Kishi. The latter two both clearly have potential (though the CG in Sidonia is a bit weird and I hope it'll grow on me more) but they're rather slow in starting, so it's hard to say right now. Isshuukan Friends seems like it'll definitely be good if it can keep its premise interesting.

There are others that I'll probably check out: Captain Earth, even though I've heard mixed opinions; Akuma no Riddle, which I basically want to be what Mirai Nikki disappointingly wasn't; and Nanana's Buried Treasure, which sounds pretty fun according to reviews. I might try more if I'm convinced that it's worth it.

I also discovered to my surprise that Tonari no Seki-kun is still going, even though every source suggested it was finished after 13 episodes. And I'm continuing Nisekoi, which is by no means original but I'm enjoying it anyway.

04.14.2014, 11:14 AM arren18 is offline   Profile for arren18 Add arren18 to your buddy list Homepage of arren18
Kazegami
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Registration Date: 08.19.07
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Kazegami Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Well, I rewatched the entirety of Kakumeiki Valvrave yesterday to refresh my memory of it before getting stuck into season 2. I've said this before but whatever... people really tore this anime to shreds but I love it. Yes, it's downright ludicrous and ridiculous and over-the-top at times, but it's just so much fun. I really enjoy it. It really is a perfect stereotype of an anime, high school students piloting giant robots in space. Side-helping of romance included, naturally. Every cliché and stock character in the book is in there. But I don't caaare. :'D I'll be up all night watching.

My Anime List

04.20.2014, 02:01 PM Kazegami is offline   Profile for Kazegami Add Kazegami to your buddy list
husky51
The Old Guy

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by husky51 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by Roarkiller
quote:
Originally posted by husky51
Just finished watching "Dragon Boy Taro" from 1979. About to be expected from an older film like that, good, but meh IMO...

Confirm for me: was there a lot of drumming for rain and rice planting/eating?

Because there was this one old anime movie I saw as a kid I've been hunting for ages.

Sorry, Roar, for seemingly ignoring your post, I didn't see it until now... I honestly can't recall that much about the movie other than it's older style animation. Let me get back to you on it.

edit:

OK, back now... No, I don't believe that this is the movie you have been looking for, sorry. This is about a boy saving his mother from being a dragon.

There is another one, 'Millenium Dragon', about a selfish boy going through the ages dealing with or surviving the struggle between demons and men. If I remember right, there was a lot of drumming and fighting and it seemed to have a pile (huge) of rice in the story somewhere. I will check and see if I can find out more about it.

edit:
Ok, there doesn't seem to be any connection with the film you are looking for. I will keep my eyes open for anything like you are seeking...

Post last edited by husky51 on 04.20.2014, 03:07 PM.

04.20.2014, 02:26 PM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
arren18
Administrator

I watched the Madoka Magica films over the past few days. The first two are recaps and are pretty pointless, as they don't provide anything new, and it works much better as a TV series in my opinion. The third, which is an actual sequel, was really good. It had some flaws in how certain things were handled, but it really did justice to the original series.

04.21.2014, 12:15 PM arren18 is offline   Profile for arren18 Add arren18 to your buddy list Homepage of arren18
husky51
The Old Guy

hahaha, Watching a silly little anime caked "Hayate the Combat Butler". I enjoy the narrator comments and the way Hayate talks back and forth with the narrator.

04.24.2014, 08:53 PM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
arren18
Administrator

I haven't dropped anything yet, and I've since picked up Nanana's Buried Treasure and Akuma no Riddle. Nanana is fun but has its flaws, and as I've heard bad things about the second episode, I'm hoping it'll improve after that, or I don't know how long I'll stick with it. Akuma has the potential to be cool, but the characters are a pain and many stupid things happen, so it's on thin ice right now.

The others I'm watching are still good. I'm behind on Sidonia no Kishi, but WIXOSS is intriguing though a bit too slow, and I recommend Isshuukan Friends.

04.26.2014, 01:53 AM arren18 is offline   Profile for arren18 Add arren18 to your buddy list Homepage of arren18
Kazegami
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Kazegami Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Well, I just finished Kakumeiki Valvrave 2. Really depressing ending. I'm sad now.

Next I want to watch Psycho Pass.

My Anime List

04.26.2014, 09:11 PM Kazegami is offline   Profile for Kazegami Add Kazegami to your buddy list
husky51
The Old Guy

Oh, now that sounds like a cheery title....

04.26.2014, 09:28 PM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
Kazegami
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Lol. After two episodes, I'm really rather enjoying it. The futuristic setting is cool and the characters are reasonably interesting. I'll be sticking with this one~.

My Anime List

04.27.2014, 12:07 PM Kazegami is offline   Profile for Kazegami Add Kazegami to your buddy list
Roarkiller
Your Daddy-O

quote:
Originally posted by arren18
I haven't dropped anything yet, and I've since picked up Nanana's Buried Treasure and Akuma no Riddle. Nanana is fun but has its flaws, and as I've heard bad things about the second episode, I'm hoping it'll improve after that, or I don't know how long I'll stick with it. Akuma has the potential to be cool, but the characters are a pain and many stupid things happen, so it's on thin ice right now.

The others I'm watching are still good. I'm behind on Sidonia no Kishi, but WIXOSS is intriguing though a bit too slow, and I recommend Isshuukan Friends.

I read the synopsis for Isshuukan Friends and saw the PV. Somehow it reminds me a lot of "ef:A Tale of Memories".

Soredemo Sekai wa Utsukushii is one I just started. It began all whacky and comedic, but the comedic was restrained enough to let the story through, transparent though it is. It's quite good so far.

No one else is me.

Roarkiller.net
Isakaya High RPG Site

quote:

04.29.2014, 09:16 AM Roarkiller is offline   Profile for Roarkiller Add Roarkiller to your buddy list Homepage of Roarkiller
arren18
Administrator

I haven't seen ef, but I think I've heard that comparison before. In any case, it's worth watching if you're up for that kind of thing.

I was considering Soredemo Sekai wa Utsukushii as another one to watch from this season, but I have so many others on the go already... Maybe if you recommend it highly enough I'll pick it up.

04.29.2014, 11:31 AM arren18 is offline   Profile for arren18 Add arren18 to your buddy list Homepage of arren18
Kazegami
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Psycho-Pass is awesome, I love it. Precisely halfway through it now. I'm really glad it has a second season. Maybe I'll even watch the movie.

My Anime List

05.02.2014, 02:51 PM Kazegami is offline   Profile for Kazegami Add Kazegami to your buddy list
arren18
Administrator

That's been on my to-watch list for a while, because it has the same writer as Madoka Magica and I also heard it was good. Maybe I'll actually get round to it soon since you're enjoying it so much.

05.03.2014, 01:49 AM arren18 is offline   Profile for arren18 Add arren18 to your buddy list Homepage of arren18
fenkashi
Dibs on Supreme Overlord

Registration Date: 08.12.07
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by fenkashi Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

The Psycho-pass movie was fun. Not as good as the anime, but a good watch, regardless ^^

05.03.2014, 02:10 AM fenkashi is offline   Profile for fenkashi Add fenkashi to your buddy list
Saddletank
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Registration Date: 09.28.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Saddletank Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Does anybody have favourite anime series that you rewatch and rewatch over and over because they're so good? I think I spend more time doing that than watching new anime.

"An old man like me stands no chance fighting against a high school girl in her underwear" - Oshino Meme, Nekomonogatari (Kuro)

05.03.2014, 07:10 AM Saddletank is offline   Profile for Saddletank Add Saddletank to your buddy list Send an Email to Saddletank
arren18
Administrator

Nah, I never do. There are episodes of Azumanga Daioh I've seen a couple of times at least, but the closest I've come to rewatching a whole series was the Madoka Magica recap movies. There are just always so many things I still want to watch, that even thought there are plenty I'd like to see again, I prioritise new stuff.

05.03.2014, 07:20 AM arren18 is offline   Profile for arren18 Add arren18 to your buddy list Homepage of arren18
[  «    ...  114  115  116  117  118  119  120  121  122  ...    »  ]   « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to:

Online Ghibli
Ghibli Tavern is powered by WoltLab, hosted by Teragon Networks