QuickLink:
Ghibli Tavern - What are you currently watching?
Home Register Frequently Asked Questions Search Members List Moderators and Administrators
Ghibli Tavern » - Anime » Anime in General » What are you currently watching? » Hello Guest [register|login]
« Previous Thread | Next Thread » Print Page | Recommend to Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Author
Post [  «    ...  109  110  111  112  113  114  115  116  117  ...    »  ]
fenkashi
Dibs on Supreme Overlord

Registration Date: 08.12.07
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by fenkashi Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

I watched the new Mushishi ova. It's been so long since I saw series! It was quite nice. And there is going to be a Mushishi sequel! Exciting stuff.

01.05.2014, 11:52 AM fenkashi is offline   Profile for fenkashi Add fenkashi to your buddy list
Roarkiller
Your Daddy-O

Registration Date: 06.03.03
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Roarkiller Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by fenkashi
I watched the new Mushishi ova. It's been so long since I saw series! It was quite nice. And there is going to be a Mushishi sequel! Exciting stuff.

Wait, what?!

*rushes to watch*

No one else is me.

Roarkiller.net
Isakaya High RPG Site

quote:
Screw your opinions, they are not relevant ^^.

01.05.2014, 12:00 PM Roarkiller is offline   Profile for Roarkiller Add Roarkiller to your buddy list Homepage of Roarkiller
arren18
Administrator

Registration Date: 08.15.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by arren18 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

I heard about that too! Not that I've actually seen the original series...

I'm still watching Penguindrum, but getting close to the end now. There was a bit of a drop in quality for a couple of episodes, but I'm really enjoying it again now, although (or maybe because?) it's become a lot more abstract and weird.

01.05.2014, 12:08 PM arren18 is offline   Profile for arren18 Add arren18 to your buddy list Homepage of arren18
Roarkiller
Your Daddy-O

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Roarkiller Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

So Mushishi season 2 is in April. Awesome!

As is SAO Gun Gale Online arc. Sinonon!

No one else is me.

Roarkiller.net
Isakaya High RPG Site

quote:

01.06.2014, 06:49 AM Roarkiller is offline   Profile for Roarkiller Add Roarkiller to your buddy list Homepage of Roarkiller
arren18
Administrator

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by arren18 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Finished Penguindrum. As it approaches the end it becomes very strange and more fantastical, which stands out all the more because of its fairly real-world setting at the start. I liked that aspect, although I would've liked to see more from things touched on earlier in the series once it got to that point. It's also a shame that outside of the main four characters - who I really liked - the cast were a bit hard to fathom, especially the main villain, and it was difficult to care a lot for them.

But don't get me wrong - I really enjoyed it. There are some imperfections, and I think it probably would've benefited from having a few more episodes to cover things that went unmentioned, but it is extremely good. It's dramatic and engrossing, and so full of symbolism it becomes hard to know what is and isn't really happening, and these things are what makes it so great in the end.

01.07.2014, 10:35 AM arren18 is offline   Profile for arren18 Add arren18 to your buddy list Homepage of arren18
carly28
Tanuki

Registration Date: 12.28.13
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by carly28 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Lost girl series 2

01.09.2014, 06:00 PM carly28 is offline   Profile for carly28 Add carly28 to your buddy list
husky51
The Old Guy

Registration Date: 03.17.08
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by husky51 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Watched another disc of Honey and Clover...

01.09.2014, 09:17 PM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
Theowne
Baron

Registration Date: 02.11.07
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Theowne Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

How are you liking that series, husky?

I watched that series many years back when I was first leaving high school and entering university, and so I identified a lot with Takemoto's personal journey throughout the first season. It was one of my favourite series for quite a while.

Post last edited by Theowne on 01.09.2014, 10:38 PM.

01.09.2014, 09:31 PM Theowne is offline   Profile for Theowne Add Theowne to your buddy list Send an Email to Theowne
Orphic Okapi
Baron

Registration Date: 04.08.07
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Orphic Okapi Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by arren18
Finished Penguindrum. As it approaches the end it becomes very strange and more fantastical, which stands out all the more because of its fairly real-world setting at the start. I liked that aspect, although I would've liked to see more from things touched on earlier in the series once it got to that point. It's also a shame that outside of the main four characters - who I really liked - the cast were a bit hard to fathom, especially the main villain, and it was difficult to care a lot for them.

I'm glad I'm not the only one who didn't understand Sanetoshi at all. Like, what even was he? A ghost? A god? A...doctor? What was he trying to do? What was with the black rabbits?

Speaking of which, what was with the penguins?

I just didn't really get Penguindrum. I don't know what it was trying to say. That was my biggest problem with it, I think. Maybe if I watched it again I'd start to put the pieces together.

01.10.2014, 07:01 PM Orphic Okapi is offline   Profile for Orphic Okapi Add Orphic Okapi to your buddy list
Saddletank
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Registration Date: 09.28.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Saddletank Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

It's now on my list to watch so I'll let you have my reaction when I get around to it.

"An old man like me stands no chance fighting against a high school girl in her underwear" - Oshino Meme, Nekomonogatari (Kuro)

01.11.2014, 04:27 AM Saddletank is offline   Profile for Saddletank Add Saddletank to your buddy list Send an Email to Saddletank
arren18
Administrator

For the most part, I liked Penguindrum a lot. There were some questions that went unanswered, but even though it didn't leave with a message that encompassed all of the themes, I thought a lot of the ideas it came up with were very interesting, and I felt that the finale was a good and fair fit to the series overall.

01.11.2014, 02:01 PM arren18 is offline   Profile for arren18 Add arren18 to your buddy list Homepage of arren18
Roarkiller
Your Daddy-O

There seem to be a whole bunch of romcoms this season. Are there any titles of more serious genre this season at all? I like romcoms, sure, but still.

No one else is me.

Roarkiller.net
Isakaya High RPG Site

quote:

01.11.2014, 11:02 PM Roarkiller is offline   Profile for Roarkiller Add Roarkiller to your buddy list Homepage of Roarkiller
fenkashi
Dibs on Supreme Overlord

Registration Date: 08.12.07
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by fenkashi Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

This season looks pretty terrible. Don't see anything serious so far. Romcoms, silly mecha, moe girls slice of life... that's about it. I kind of liked Noragami, but it's not really a serious show.

01.12.2014, 12:48 AM fenkashi is offline   Profile for fenkashi Add fenkashi to your buddy list
Roarkiller
Your Daddy-O

quote:
moe girls slice of life...

I believe Sakura Trick falls under the genre of yuri.

No one else is me.

Roarkiller.net
Isakaya High RPG Site

quote:

01.12.2014, 06:09 AM Roarkiller is offline   Profile for Roarkiller Add Roarkiller to your buddy list Homepage of Roarkiller
arren18
Administrator

Yeah, I'm not really hyped for any of this season's new shows, but there are a few I'm going to try out because they could turn out good. I've watched the first episodes of Hamatora and Tonari no Seki-kun so far. Hamatora still has potential even if the first episode was a bit underwhelming, and Seki-kun is pretty fun, and easy to watch when it's under ten minutes per episode.

I think I'll also check out Noragami, Nisekoi and Space Dandy. If I hear or see anything good about other shows I might try others too, but we'll see how it pans out.

01.12.2014, 08:31 AM arren18 is offline   Profile for arren18 Add arren18 to your buddy list Homepage of arren18
Saddletank
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Saddletank Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Where does one find out a listing of current or upcoming season shows? I suppose Google is my friend but is there a recommended site? Anywhere 'official'?

"An old man like me stands no chance fighting against a high school girl in her underwear" - Oshino Meme, Nekomonogatari (Kuro)

Post last edited by Saddletank on 01.12.2014, 02:32 PM.

01.12.2014, 02:30 PM Saddletank is offline   Profile for Saddletank Add Saddletank to your buddy list Send an Email to Saddletank
Roarkiller
Your Daddy-O

quote:
Originally posted by Saddletank
Where does one find out a listing of current or upcoming season shows? I suppose Google is my friend but is there a recommended site? Anywhere 'official'?

http://anichart.net/winter

No one else is me.

Roarkiller.net
Isakaya High RPG Site

quote:

01.12.2014, 09:10 PM Roarkiller is offline   Profile for Roarkiller Add Roarkiller to your buddy list Homepage of Roarkiller
Saddletank
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Thanks. Hm, quality is a bit thin this winter

01.12.2014, 10:48 PM Saddletank is offline   Profile for Saddletank Add Saddletank to your buddy list Send an Email to Saddletank
arren18
Administrator

I think any old anime review blog should have a current season listing somewhere. That's generally accurate, so you needn't worry about finding some authoritative source. When a season is still upcoming, sometimes there will be wrong information out there though, so unless the season is very close, take things with a pinch of salt.

01.12.2014, 10:50 PM arren18 is offline   Profile for arren18 Add arren18 to your buddy list Homepage of arren18
Roarkiller
Your Daddy-O

Putting aside sequels, the only ones I'm watching so far is Nourin, which has a similar feel to the Chuunibyou series, and Noragami, which feels a lot like Tokyo Raven or Kyoukai no Kanata.

Summer is when things start going. The monogatari series gets two seasons this year, along with sequels of Psycho-Pass, Suisei no Gargantia and *omgomgfanboysqueal* two whole series from Type-Moon.

Can't wait for June already

No one else is me.

Roarkiller.net
Isakaya High RPG Site

quote:

01.13.2014, 07:17 AM Roarkiller is offline   Profile for Roarkiller Add Roarkiller to your buddy list Homepage of Roarkiller
[  «    ...  109  110  111  112  113  114  115  116  117  ...    »  ]   « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to:

Online Ghibli
Ghibli Tavern is powered by WoltLab, hosted by Teragon Networks