QuickLink:
Ghibli Tavern - #2 What's the Highlight of your Day!!!
Home Register Frequently Asked Questions Search Members List Moderators and Administrators
Ghibli Tavern » - Tavern » General Discussions » #2 What's the Highlight of your Day!!! » Hello Guest [register|login]
« Previous Thread | Next Thread » Print Page | Recommend to Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Author
Post [  «    ...  615  616  617  618  619  620  621  622  623  ...    »  ]
husky51
The Old Guy

Registration Date: 03.17.08
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by husky51 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

The more that I think about it, NC, the more I hurt for your loss...

03.20.2016, 07:24 PM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
Nausicaa_Cat
Baron

Registration Date: 10.02.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Nausicaa_Cat Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

I don't know, I don't think she did it out of spite, she's just super thoughtless and selfish. A little while ago I'd mentioned to her that I was thinking of selling SOME of my old DVDs and I guess in her mind that equated to her thinking that I didn't want of my DVDs and it would be totally fine for her to sell them all?

I don't know...we had a really large fight. She eventually said she'll pay to replace at least the Ghibli so that's something. I had lots of boxsets though...Ouran High School, a collection of Park Chan Wook films...Lots of my favourite things.

I'm still pretty sad about it.

03.22.2016, 03:19 PM Nausicaa_Cat is offline   Profile for Nausicaa_Cat Add Nausicaa_Cat to your buddy list
Saddletank
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Registration Date: 09.28.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Saddletank Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

That just sucks so much.

*huge hugs*

"An old man like me stands no chance fighting against a high school girl in her underwear" - Oshino Meme, Nekomonogatari (Kuro)

03.22.2016, 03:55 PM Saddletank is offline   Profile for Saddletank Add Saddletank to your buddy list Send an Email to Saddletank
foreignfilmfreak
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by foreignfilmfreak Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Ooooh, that sucks big time. I'm sorry to here that.

HL: Birthday~. Woo, 22. I don't know how I'm 22.

LL: I didn't get to celebrate, my boyfriend is super sick and I have essays. Kinda really down.

03.22.2016, 08:44 PM foreignfilmfreak is offline   Profile for foreignfilmfreak Add foreignfilmfreak to your buddy list
husky51
The Old Guy

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by husky51 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Big Hugs to both FFF and NC...

03.22.2016, 09:51 PM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
foreignfilmfreak
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by foreignfilmfreak Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

LL: Really sick myself today and panic attacks. Yay.

03.23.2016, 04:00 PM foreignfilmfreak is offline   Profile for foreignfilmfreak Add foreignfilmfreak to your buddy list
husky51
The Old Guy

Don't panic... It's only your 22nd one... lol

Seriously, stay calm, kick bak, relax and watch a Ghibli movie...

03.23.2016, 05:20 PM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
Saddletank
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Registration Date: 09.28.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Saddletank Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

LL: Had a bust-up with the friend I was going to Japan with in April, so now I am not going.

HL: Met a new friend who I think will become someone special. I certainly hope so, she's really fun!

"An old man like me stands no chance fighting against a high school girl in her underwear" - Oshino Meme, Nekomonogatari (Kuro)

03.24.2016, 05:01 AM Saddletank is offline   Profile for Saddletank Add Saddletank to your buddy list Send an Email to Saddletank
saviour2012
Baron

Registration Date: 02.24.12
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by saviour2012 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Man that sucks NC.

i can relate to you in many ways, my mom also sold my stuff many times and we also had a great fight, but she did not compensate me ever like your mom did

but i think it might not be very bad after all, although i might have had a fight with my mom it really deepened my relationship with her cause later she understood that maybe some things are very important to me. And now after i have come to university she did not sell one things as far i am concerned.

I think you might smile yourself one day thinking about the incident, although i had a grand fight it seems so silly of me thinking about it now, thanks for bringing a topic that makes me nostalgic and kind of happy

Hope you overcome your sadness.

@FFF
Happy Birthday to you.

@Husky

How is your health?

@Kaz

When are you moving to Japan?

@Saddle

How are you?

and i have not seen roar posting for some many days.

--------------------------------------------------------------
I have my exams knocking on the doors. After that i will have one semester left. Time flies so fast. I still do not feel myself to be a adult(meaning having some family responsibility). I just hope that after finishing my studies i become a person who is able to manage(schedule, hard work, sleep etc.) himself very well.

On a side note four year have passed since my debates about women. I think my views has changed a lot since then. I remember one thing Mush said i dont see women as par as men(in matters other than merit) is because i do not see enough key figures in my surrounding. However after all these years i feel that i feel more like confused when i see a women other than usual role, because i do not understand if i should approach her as her role(which is generally of a man, this is important as i might talk to them in a different tone, and it is also easier to approach a man than a woman) or as a women. i think its mostly because i see them in so many different positions. I hope when i start working i understand the situation(my feelings) more clearly as there will be more women who will have authority.

Ask, think and learn. Because the more we know the more we grow.

Watching the wrong to happen is the same as commiting the wrong.

If it looks like things are forcing you to be creative, Then be creative.

its a uniquely Miyazaki film, one only he could make and its uniqueness places it beyond being easily critiqued.[About Porco Rosso]
taken from a quote of Saddletank and Orphic Okapi

Post last edited by saviour2012 on 03.24.2016, 12:34 PM.

03.24.2016, 12:32 PM saviour2012 is offline   Profile for saviour2012 Add saviour2012 to your buddy list Send an Email to saviour2012 Homepage of saviour2012
husky51
The Old Guy

(On a side note four year have passed since my debates about women. I think my views has changed a lot since then. I remember one thing Mush said i dont see women as par as men(in matters other than merit) is because i do not see enough key figures in my surrounding. However after all these years i feel that i feel more like confused when i see a women other than usual role, because i do not understand if i should approach her as her role(which is generally of a man, this is important as i might talk to them in a different tone, and it is also easier to approach a man than a woman) or as a women. i think its mostly because i see them in so many different positions. I hope when i start working i understand the situation(my feelings) more clearly as there will be more women who will have authority.saviour quote)
That is the one thing about growing older and wiser, saviour. You learn more things about yourself and this world that we all live in, albeit in different lands. We learn that things may not always be as we thought them to be and we have to be able to adapt with the changes in the world AND our thinking...
---------------------------------------------
My health? I still have the drain in my side, but hope to have it removed in another week, meanwhile it is a pain-in-the-side (pun intended)... meanwhile, I am sleeping relatively well and the long-running hiccups are long gone... YAY!!!
=========================================
Saddles:
Sorry about your loss and happy for your gain...
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++==
As for Roar, I'm sure that he checks in periodically, but is just too busy at the moment to add to the posts...

03.24.2016, 01:33 PM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
FlareNetworkC
Totoro

Registration Date: 07.02.14
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by FlareNetworkC Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Aww, NC That sucks. I know how violated I would feel if someone just sold something dear and important to me. Sending you hugs!

HL: Spring Break starts today, so I'll be able to come on a lot more often.

03.24.2016, 06:58 PM FlareNetworkC is offline   Profile for FlareNetworkC Add FlareNetworkC to your buddy list
Yay! Kiki
Baron

Registration Date: 04.06.08
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Yay! Kiki Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

@NC I'm sorry your mom sold your DVDs!!! How mean. About a year ago my mom sold all the stuff she had so she could Travel The World and a lot of it happened to be things that I owned but had left with her because I'm young and don't own a house, so I can empathize. That situation really sucks.

HL: It was so sunny!!! I spent most of the day at school but didn't really have to do much for most of it but sit in the sun. I also went to my first day of my advanced fiction writing class - which looks good, if suuuuuuuper conducive to ye olde anxiety.

LL: Fiction made me anxious

03.31.2016, 11:54 PM Yay! Kiki is offline   Profile for Yay! Kiki Add Yay! Kiki to your buddy list
husky51
The Old Guy

LL:
sigh, drain still in and now I have to have a kidney stent implanted. No further cutting necessary, but using current openings so I will go nighty-night for a short period of time... Catch ya all later today...

04.01.2016, 10:02 AM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
Kazegami
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Registration Date: 08.19.07
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Kazegami Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Damn, that's a pain, Husky. Hope you get healed up soon.

@Kiki
Hey! Been a while, it's good to see you ^_^

My Anime List

04.01.2016, 12:25 PM Kazegami is offline   Profile for Kazegami Add Kazegami to your buddy list
husky51
The Old Guy

HL:
Very good to see you, Kiki...

===============================================

04.01.2016, 11:54 PM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
fenkashi
Dibs on Supreme Overlord

Registration Date: 08.12.07
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by fenkashi Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

LL: feeling a little out of touch with you all and it's entirely my fault I will have to try and be online more!

HL: pretty beautiful weekend coming up. Never had such nice weather this early in the year.

04.02.2016, 12:02 AM fenkashi is offline   Profile for fenkashi Add fenkashi to your buddy list
foreignfilmfreak
Miyazaki's Best Friend

HL: Last week of university classes ever for me coming up, passed an essay I was convinced I failed.

Also, wish I had money to buy some men's clothes. I don't feel comfortable lately. I don't know who to talk to about it.

04.02.2016, 10:39 AM foreignfilmfreak is offline   Profile for foreignfilmfreak Add foreignfilmfreak to your buddy list
husky51
The Old Guy

HL:
The drain came out while waiting at the hosp for the kidney stent emplacment...

LLLL:
The Dr. decided to also implant a catheter... The internal tissue is so tender now, it burns and a lot of blood, but it is already pinking up so no prob there. Just the tender tissue... enough details...

04.02.2016, 12:52 PM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
foreignfilmfreak
Miyazaki's Best Friend

HL: I got placed on the alternate list for JET! So while it's not a no or a yes, I'm excited!! Didn't really hit me when I opened it and read the word alternate... "Oh great, I'm in purgatory."

04.04.2016, 03:56 PM foreignfilmfreak is offline   Profile for foreignfilmfreak Add foreignfilmfreak to your buddy list
husky51
The Old Guy

At least there is hope in your hell... We're all happy for you...

04.04.2016, 04:40 PM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
[  «    ...  615  616  617  618  619  620  621  622  623  ...    »  ]   « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to:

Online Ghibli
Ghibli Tavern is powered by WoltLab, hosted by Teragon Networks