QuickLink:
Ghibli Tavern - #2 What's the Highlight of your Day!!!
Home Register Frequently Asked Questions Search Members List Moderators and Administrators
Ghibli Tavern » - Tavern » General Discussions » #2 What's the Highlight of your Day!!! » Hello Guest [register|login]
« Previous Thread | Next Thread » Print Page | Recommend to Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Author
Post [  «    ...  617  618  619  620  621  622  623  624  625  ...    »  ]
Kazegami
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Registration Date: 08.19.07
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Kazegami Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

HL: chill day. Had a good time watching Eurovision with friends last night, and going to karaoke with my Japanese class the night before.

LL: well, people are starting to head home for the summer, and we may not be seeing each other for a year and a half. Hopefully we'll be able to meet at least once in Japan.

My Anime List

05.15.2016, 05:52 PM Kazegami is offline   Profile for Kazegami Add Kazegami to your buddy list
foreignfilmfreak
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Registration Date: 10.02.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by foreignfilmfreak Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

HL: I graduate today.

05.15.2016, 11:11 PM foreignfilmfreak is offline   Profile for foreignfilmfreak Add foreignfilmfreak to your buddy list
Kazegami
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Kazegami Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Aww, congratulations! That is amazing. You are amazing. Best of luck for the future! (^o^)/

My Anime List

05.16.2016, 03:11 PM Kazegami is offline   Profile for Kazegami Add Kazegami to your buddy list
Saddletank
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Registration Date: 09.28.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Saddletank Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

That's fantastic FFF, congratulations!

It only seems ten minutes that you announced here you were going to college

"An old man like me stands no chance fighting against a high school girl in her underwear" - Oshino Meme, Nekomonogatari (Kuro)

05.17.2016, 11:13 AM Saddletank is offline   Profile for Saddletank Add Saddletank to your buddy list Send an Email to Saddletank
foreignfilmfreak
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Registration Date: 10.02.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by foreignfilmfreak Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Thank you.

It's been a hard, long four years, but I'm glad it's over. I'm a bit nervous for my future but excited because I can do anything. All I have to do is take a step towards something and see where I am led.

Got to hug one of my professors on stage, and another gave me a card after the ceremony. Plus, all the students I'm living with came out to see the procession go in and noticed me and started cheering. XD Was funny because I was probably the only person they recognized. They keep congratulating me.

05.17.2016, 11:42 PM foreignfilmfreak is offline   Profile for foreignfilmfreak Add foreignfilmfreak to your buddy list
saviour2012
Baron

Registration Date: 02.24.12
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by saviour2012 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

congrats FFF

i am the last one remaining lol

i should have graduated this month but third world country public universities have something called session jam, which sucks , i will probably finish university by end of this year or early next year.

Ask, think and learn. Because the more we know the more we grow.

Watching the wrong to happen is the same as commiting the wrong.

If it looks like things are forcing you to be creative, Then be creative.

its a uniquely Miyazaki film, one only he could make and its uniqueness places it beyond being easily critiqued.[About Porco Rosso]
taken from a quote of Saddletank and Orphic Okapi

05.18.2016, 11:49 AM saviour2012 is offline   Profile for saviour2012 Add saviour2012 to your buddy list Send an Email to saviour2012 Homepage of saviour2012
Kazegami
Miyazaki's Best Friend

HL: *hurls papers, books, and pencils into the air* Done! Done with second year.

My Anime List

05.18.2016, 03:06 PM Kazegami is offline   Profile for Kazegami Add Kazegami to your buddy list
husky51
The Old Guy

Registration Date: 03.17.08
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by husky51 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Congratualtions to all my friends out there. I am still in hospital, but getting better day by day. Maybe another month to go, we'll see. Finally got well enough to go online, although my typing requires a lot of corrections...

All for now.

will try and get back on tomorrow

05.18.2016, 07:32 PM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
fenkashi
Dibs on Supreme Overlord

Registration Date: 08.12.07
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by fenkashi Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

HUSKY. So nice to hear from you. Take care of yourself mdear.

Congrats FFF <3

05.18.2016, 09:26 PM fenkashi is offline   Profile for fenkashi Add fenkashi to your buddy list
arren18
Administrator

Registration Date: 08.15.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by arren18 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

I'm glad you're okay husky! I didn't realise you'd be offline for so long so it was a little bit concerning.

Highlight: after spending much of today and yesterday either waiting or talking to tech support in Japanese (and of course getting most words wrong), my internet is back! I'd been without it since Wednesday morning and had to use my (not smart) phone for everything.

05.20.2016, 02:11 AM arren18 is offline   Profile for arren18 Add arren18 to your buddy list Homepage of arren18
husky51
The Old Guy

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by husky51 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

neither did I,arren, neither did I... and it ain't over you...

Thank You, fen...

05.20.2016, 11:25 AM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
Kazegami
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Here's to a speedy recovery, Husky.

HL: I'm home. Got back on Saturday.

LL: not had much chance to relax, ha. I was wanted at work Sunday morning, yesterday and today. Still, couple of days off now I think.

My Anime List

05.24.2016, 04:20 PM Kazegami is offline   Profile for Kazegami Add Kazegami to your buddy list
Kazegami
Miyazaki's Best Friend

HL: new fish. ^_^ Bought some silvertip tetras and some golden cloud mountain minnows.

My Anime List

05.26.2016, 02:17 PM Kazegami is offline   Profile for Kazegami Add Kazegami to your buddy list
husky51
The Old Guy

HL:
Dr's say that I will be transferred to another section of the hospital now that my condition appears to have stabilized. I'll still be receiving the same treatment, but it will be more of a nursing home setup...

05.31.2016, 04:25 PM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
saviour2012
Baron

Registration Date: 02.24.12
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by saviour2012 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by husky51
HL:
Dr's say that I will be transferred to another section of the hospital now that my condition appears to have stabilized. I'll still be receiving the same treatment, but it will be more of a nursing home setup...

good to hear you are recovering

Ask, think and learn. Because the more we know the more we grow.

Watching the wrong to happen is the same as commiting the wrong.

If it looks like things are forcing you to be creative, Then be creative.

its a uniquely Miyazaki film, one only he could make and its uniqueness places it beyond being easily critiqued.[About Porco Rosso]
taken from a quote of Saddletank and Orphic Okapi

05.31.2016, 05:44 PM saviour2012 is offline   Profile for saviour2012 Add saviour2012 to your buddy list Send an Email to saviour2012 Homepage of saviour2012
Kazegami
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Glad you're getting better, Husky. Take care.

My Anime List

05.31.2016, 07:20 PM Kazegami is offline   Profile for Kazegami Add Kazegami to your buddy list
husky51
The Old Guy

HL:
The stent was removed from my kidney/bladder this afternoon...

Little by little...

06.01.2016, 03:13 AM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
Kazegami
Miyazaki's Best Friend

HL: booked my flight to Nagoya!

LL: that was expensive and terrifying. My Scottish soul is cringing.

My Anime List

06.05.2016, 03:46 PM Kazegami is offline   Profile for Kazegami Add Kazegami to your buddy list
husky51
The Old Guy

Dang it, all these people going to Japan with a chance to see the Museum.....

Good luck they,Kaz and have fun...

06.06.2016, 12:41 AM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
arren18
Administrator

Registration Date: 08.15.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by arren18 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Congratulations! I didn't realise it was Nagoya you were going to. When do you leave?

06.06.2016, 01:28 AM arren18 is offline   Profile for arren18 Add arren18 to your buddy list Homepage of arren18
[  «    ...  617  618  619  620  621  622  623  624  625  ...    »  ]   « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to:

Online Ghibli
Ghibli Tavern is powered by WoltLab, hosted by Teragon Networks