QuickLink:
Ghibli Tavern - #2 What's the Highlight of your Day!!!
Home Register Frequently Asked Questions Search Members List Moderators and Administrators
Ghibli Tavern » - Tavern » General Discussions » #2 What's the Highlight of your Day!!! » Hello Guest [register|login]
« Previous Thread | Next Thread » Print Page | Recommend to Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Author
Post [  «    ...  525  526  527  528  529  530  531  532  533  ...    »  ]
fenkashi
Dibs on Supreme Overlord

Registration Date: 08.12.07
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by fenkashi Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

My practicum ^_^ working with the most difficult people I have ever met. I don't think I've hated anyone in my life before this point. It was a terrible and draining feeling, and I am so very glad to be rid of it.

Also, Roar, why do I only have DIBS on supreme overlord. I thought I was the supreme overlord... my life has been a lie ;_;

03.30.2014, 05:23 PM fenkashi is offline   Profile for fenkashi Add fenkashi to your buddy list
Saddletank
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Registration Date: 09.28.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Saddletank Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

4 fen => HUGS

"An old man like me stands no chance fighting against a high school girl in her underwear" - Oshino Meme, Nekomonogatari (Kuro)

03.30.2014, 06:04 PM Saddletank is offline   Profile for Saddletank Add Saddletank to your buddy list Send an Email to Saddletank
husky51
The Old Guy

Registration Date: 03.17.08
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by husky51 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

@fen...
But you ARE the Supreme Overlord!!! Doesn't it say so in your avatar???

03.31.2014, 03:08 AM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
Saddletank
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Saddletank Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

No, not yet she isn't - she only has dibs on being the SO.

"An old man like me stands no chance fighting against a high school girl in her underwear" - Oshino Meme, Nekomonogatari (Kuro)

03.31.2014, 05:15 AM Saddletank is offline   Profile for Saddletank Add Saddletank to your buddy list Send an Email to Saddletank
husky51
The Old Guy

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by husky51 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

By golly, Saddles, you're right!!! She's a Dibber!!!!

03.31.2014, 10:38 AM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
husky51
The Old Guy

Since so many of our anime and manga deal a lot with Cherry Blossoms I thought that I'd post this picture...

Enjoy.

03.31.2014, 12:19 PM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
Roarkiller
Your Daddy-O

Registration Date: 06.03.03
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Roarkiller Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by fenkashi
Also, Roar, why do I only have DIBS on supreme overlord. I thought I was the supreme overlord... my life has been a lie ;_;

quote:
Dibs on Supreme Overlord of the Universe. I've always thought I'd do a good job with it.

quote:
Originally posted by Roarkiller
So I just discovered that there's a 25 character limit.

Do the math. Then factor in my personality.

LL: Spam in the forum has transferred over to my email, and I have no idea how or why. Anyone else got such emails? I don't really mind if it's just me, because it means the email checks are working at least.

No one else is me.

Roarkiller.net
Isakaya High RPG Site

quote:
Screw your opinions, they are not relevant ^^.

03.31.2014, 12:56 PM Roarkiller is offline   Profile for Roarkiller Add Roarkiller to your buddy list Homepage of Roarkiller
Saddletank
Miyazaki's Best Friend

I haven't had any spam. Maybe our Supreme Overlord should deal with it?

03.31.2014, 01:00 PM Saddletank is offline   Profile for Saddletank Add Saddletank to your buddy list Send an Email to Saddletank
foreignfilmfreak
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Registration Date: 10.02.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by foreignfilmfreak Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

quote:
@FFF: As the old saying goes, "Those who can, do; those who can't, teach."

Also, dreams are all good and fine, but it won't fill your tummy. Just keep that in mind and be practical. I've worked a fair number of menial work (and we don't have a minimum wage in Singapore) before I got to where I am now, so don't ever let anyone, including yourself, tell you that you're above any job, no matter how bad it seems like.

I can't advise you on anything past that though, because the situation in a big country like Canada is worlds apart from tiny Singapore.

I know it's better to be practical. Yet I feel if I don't have dreams and strive for them (since in any way, to me, they aren't impractical), I'll be stuck living a life I don't want. I don't want to be like my parents, unhappy and unable to do anything to change that. Not that menial work is bad or anything. I don't want to be stuck back home, surrounded by the negative mentality of most of the people there, or work in a factory my whole life. I'd rather kill myself doing what I'm doing now or in the future than kill myself working there. I want to do anything to escape that place.

LL: Feeling down constantly and having a terrible allergic reaction to something, but not having the time to walk to the hospital to get tested. The weather sucks and the hospital isn't close by, so even when I'm free, the weather is making it difficult to get there by foot.

Not taking things well right now..

03.31.2014, 01:18 PM foreignfilmfreak is offline   Profile for foreignfilmfreak Add foreignfilmfreak to your buddy list
fenkashi
Dibs on Supreme Overlord

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by fenkashi Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

*hugs saddles*
*hugs FFF* I hope you feel better =(

03.31.2014, 01:32 PM fenkashi is offline   Profile for fenkashi Add fenkashi to your buddy list
Roarkiller
Your Daddy-O

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Roarkiller Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

LL: Forgot about my promise to change everyone's avatar title today.

No one else is me.

Roarkiller.net
Isakaya High RPG Site

quote:

04.01.2014, 01:25 PM Roarkiller is offline   Profile for Roarkiller Add Roarkiller to your buddy list Homepage of Roarkiller
husky51
The Old Guy

hahaha, mine would have been easy... OG for Old Guy!!! lol

or maybe Omnipetent Geezer?

or Obnoxious Gunner?

04.01.2014, 01:30 PM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
fenkashi
Dibs on Supreme Overlord

There is always tomorrow.

LL: Feeling sick and useless.

04.01.2014, 04:49 PM fenkashi is offline   Profile for fenkashi Add fenkashi to your buddy list
husky51
The Old Guy

To FFF and fen

Best wishes to you both and hoping your problems are little ones...

Big Hugs!!!

04.01.2014, 08:23 PM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
jusomekid
Ohmu

Registration Date: 06.21.10
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by jusomekid Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

LL: April fools prank.. someone posted an ad on craigslist using my number... 85+ texts/calls from creepy guys sending pics... couldn't find it to flag it >.<

04.01.2014, 08:42 PM jusomekid is offline   Profile for jusomekid Add jusomekid to your buddy list
husky51
The Old Guy

quote:
Originally posted by jusomekid
LL: April fools prank.. someone posted an ad on craigslist using my number... 85+ texts/calls from creepy guys sending pics... couldn't find it to flag it >.<

I got one thing to say, it wasn't me... besides not knowing how to do what was done, I don't know what your email or whatever was used is and I wouldn't do something like that. I hate spammers, etc...

04.02.2014, 03:17 AM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
arren18
Administrator

Registration Date: 08.15.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by arren18 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

quote:
LL: Forgot about my promise to change everyone's avatar title today.

That would've been so fun for April Fools Day! Oh well, maybe next year

Highlight: finally found out how to see my grades for last semester and I'm very happy with what I got. I also found out about my classes for this semester. There'll be several new students in my language classes, so hopefully that will be fun.

Lowlight: didn't get into the wagashi class. Some people dropped it for whatever reason, so there's a chance I'll still be contacted about it.

04.02.2014, 03:41 AM arren18 is offline   Profile for arren18 Add arren18 to your buddy list Homepage of arren18
Roarkiller
Your Daddy-O

LL: It's been over two months and I haven't done anything I can feel proud about. I honestly think that a desk-bound job just isn't for me, or at least the work just isn't coming my way because of my not knowing anything about the building engineering. Half the programs are completely foreign to me, for instance.

I have to admit that even my job at the warehouse was more fulfilling. Or is it a problem with the difference between an MNC amd an SME?

If I do quit, I'd probably work in KFC or something for a while.

No one else is me.

Roarkiller.net
Isakaya High RPG Site

quote:

04.02.2014, 05:40 AM Roarkiller is offline   Profile for Roarkiller Add Roarkiller to your buddy list Homepage of Roarkiller
husky51
The Old Guy

Annndddd I don't know the diff between and MNC or a SME In fact, I don't even know WHAT they are...

04.02.2014, 12:14 PM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
foreignfilmfreak
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Registration Date: 10.02.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by foreignfilmfreak Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

LL: I'm just not doing well emotionally. Hoping one of my profs will let me have a two day extension to finish a paper for his class because I honestly feel completely unable to do it right now. Felt bad for my boyfriend because he had to comfort me for hours just to make me calm down.

HL: I'm with a pretty awesome person who understands me. He made me breakfast and lunch because I just couldn't. He's really encouraging so I like that. I'm really thankful he's the way he is.

04.02.2014, 04:19 PM foreignfilmfreak is offline   Profile for foreignfilmfreak Add foreignfilmfreak to your buddy list
[  «    ...  525  526  527  528  529  530  531  532  533  ...    »  ]   « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to:

Online Ghibli
Ghibli Tavern is powered by WoltLab, hosted by Teragon Networks