QuickLink:
Ghibli Tavern - #2 What's the Highlight of your Day!!!
Home Register Frequently Asked Questions Search Members List Moderators and Administrators
Ghibli Tavern » - Tavern » General Discussions » #2 What's the Highlight of your Day!!! » Hello Guest [register|login]
« Previous Thread | Next Thread » Print Page | Recommend to Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Author
Post [  «    ...  520  521  522  523  524  525  526  527  528  ...    »  ]
husky51
The Old Guy

Registration Date: 03.17.08
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by husky51 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

HHL:
The Wind Rises is playing at a theater only 20 miles away... YAY!

LLLL:
My van is in the shop for an undisclosed amount of time... And my son has my other van... 140 miles away... sigh

02.28.2014, 05:48 AM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
saviour2012
Baron

Registration Date: 02.24.12
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by saviour2012 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by husky51
HHL:
The Wind Rises is playing at a theater only 20 miles away... YAY!

that is great. Only(!!!) 20 miles.

ofcourse i live in a small country so that distance is large for me.

Ask, think and learn. Because the more we know the more we grow.

Watching the wrong to happen is the same as commiting the wrong.

If it looks like things are forcing you to be creative, Then be creative.

its a uniquely Miyazaki film, one only he could make and its uniqueness places it beyond being easily critiqued.[About Porco Rosso]
taken from a quote of Saddletank and Orphic Okapi

Post last edited by saviour2012 on 02.28.2014, 07:14 AM.

02.28.2014, 07:13 AM saviour2012 is offline   Profile for saviour2012 Add saviour2012 to your buddy list Send an Email to saviour2012 Homepage of saviour2012
foreignfilmfreak
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Registration Date: 10.02.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by foreignfilmfreak Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Aww husky. lol I should check if my local theatre will screen it then. They had the trailer for it.

HL: Spent nearly five hours just chatting with the guy I have a crush on at his place. I was actually having really bad anxiety at the thought of going out somewhere at the moment so he invited me over. We just wound up chatting a lot and he cooked me supper and gave me dessert. And playing with his cat. I'm starting to think he actually likes me. But I don't know when to tell him.

02.28.2014, 10:27 PM foreignfilmfreak is offline   Profile for foreignfilmfreak Add foreignfilmfreak to your buddy list
Saddletank
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Registration Date: 09.28.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Saddletank Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Its obvious that he likes you. Question is what kind of attraction is it.

"An old man like me stands no chance fighting against a high school girl in her underwear" - Oshino Meme, Nekomonogatari (Kuro)

03.01.2014, 02:55 PM Saddletank is offline   Profile for Saddletank Add Saddletank to your buddy list Send an Email to Saddletank
foreignfilmfreak
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by foreignfilmfreak Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by Saddletank

Hmm, I don't know exactly. It seems odd to me that he'd want to have dinner with me again so soon, but he said this time would be quicker. I like hanging out with him, but if he keeps wanting to hang out more and more, I'm eventually going to have to tell him how I feel soon if he doesn't let me know. ^^;

LL: Why is my apartment so freakin' hot?

03.01.2014, 10:49 PM foreignfilmfreak is offline   Profile for foreignfilmfreak Add foreignfilmfreak to your buddy list
husky51
The Old Guy

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by husky51 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

quote:

I've thought the same thing, Saddles, if only out of concern for our FFF...

03.02.2014, 03:51 AM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
arren18
Administrator

Registration Date: 08.15.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by arren18 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Highlight: finally managed to talk on Skype with my parents! Considering how bad they are with even the most basic tasks on computers, this is actually a considerable feat.

03.02.2014, 09:34 AM arren18 is offline   Profile for arren18 Add arren18 to your buddy list Homepage of arren18
foreignfilmfreak
Miyazaki's Best Friend

quote:
Originally posted by husky51
quote:

I've thought the same thing, Saddles, if only out of concern for our FFF...

Wait, why would you be concerned?

03.02.2014, 09:51 AM foreignfilmfreak is offline   Profile for foreignfilmfreak Add foreignfilmfreak to your buddy list
Roarkiller
Your Daddy-O

Registration Date: 06.03.03
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Roarkiller Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by foreignfilmfreak
Wait, why would you be concerned?

Ah, the innocence of youth.

No one else is me.

Roarkiller.net
Isakaya High RPG Site

quote:
Originally posted by fenkashi
Screw your opinions, they are not relevant ^^.

03.02.2014, 11:23 AM Roarkiller is offline   Profile for Roarkiller Add Roarkiller to your buddy list Homepage of Roarkiller
saviour2012
Baron

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by saviour2012 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by Roarkiller

I think roar she is like that.

@FFF

i feel that people are thinking that guy might have an ill motive. What i want to say studying is more important, as you have talked about that all the time last year. So saddle and husky might think that your concentration getting diverted to other things again and might also have thought about his motives. I had a similar feeling. either that or i got it totally wrong.

-------------------------------------------------

LL: I think most of you guys remember that i argued with fen and others that if nobody warns me when i am doing a wrong stuff which i could have easily avoided if i was approached, what would i do. I think we are seeing a similar scenario here. Our bonds are so thin that this kind of talk which could have done straight forward have to be done so passively. And i feel it within my friends too. Most of them are afraid to mark my mistakes or ask me to fix that. And it is also not like that i am very welcoming, i might think about some of the basic mistakes i do, but when it will come to inherent principles of myself, i will defend my thoughts.

Not trying to be philosophical. What i mean is constructively criticizing or correcting one's friends or family is a good thing. I ask my family and friends to do this. I feel that they care for me when they criticize me and try to correct me. But nowadays most of the people dont take it very well. And they get the feeling that they are being insulted. So most think its better to remain friends than to correct his mistakes and risk the relation. And i hate this kind of friends and also the types who dont take it well. To be frank. It is nothing but selfishness to me.

and i am not meaning saddle or husky. They actually had the guts to say it.

its a uniquely Miyazaki film, one only he could make and its uniqueness places it beyond being easily critiqued.[About Porco Rosso]

Post last edited by saviour2012 on 03.02.2014, 02:06 PM.

03.02.2014, 02:04 PM saviour2012 is offline   Profile for saviour2012 Add saviour2012 to your buddy list Send an Email to saviour2012 Homepage of saviour2012
Kazegami
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Registration Date: 08.19.07
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Kazegami Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by saviour2012
quote:

@FFF

i feel that people are thinking that guy might have an ill motive. What i want to say studying is more important, as you have talked about that all the time last year. So saddle and husky might think that your concentration getting diverted to other things again and might also have thought about his motives. I had a similar feeling. either that or i got it totally wrong.

I think you got it totally wrong. I think the concern is because of the possibility that FFF's feelings towards the boy aren't mutual, which could lead to a certain amount of emotional hurt on one or both sides.

Anyway. This is FFF's friend and it's not for any of us to be making judgments when we don't even know the guy.

My Anime List

03.02.2014, 02:26 PM Kazegami is offline   Profile for Kazegami Add Kazegami to your buddy list
foreignfilmfreak
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Um no, trust me, I don't think he has any ulterior motives in mind. He's never invaded my personal space besides touching my arm occasionally. We talk a lot in his room but I feel completely safe with him and can't see him doing anything without some sort of permission first. He's close with quite a few of my female friends, and they've always told me he's a good guy and to be friends with him. So no, I don't think he has any ideas in mind besides wanting to know me more.

Thank you, Kaz. haha

If he doesn't see me the way I see him, that's fine too. I won't hold that against him. I'm just starting to think he does, but I could be wrong.

Post last edited by foreignfilmfreak on 03.02.2014, 02:48 PM.

03.02.2014, 02:43 PM foreignfilmfreak is offline   Profile for foreignfilmfreak Add foreignfilmfreak to your buddy list
husky51
The Old Guy

@FFF:
I can't speak for Saddles, but as one of the older members of the Tavern I feel a kind of fatherly concern for any of the younger members of the Tavern. It appeared to me that you might have been rushing into this partially blinded by the desire of a boy/girl relationship, however platonic. When Saddles posted his comment, I felt that he had the same concerns and merely voiced my concern as well.

I never give advice with the intent to harm anyone, I see things from the wider aspect of many, many decades of living in this ol' world. I respect the judgments of others, but believe that sometimes outside influences can temporarily blind a person into making rash decisions. I know that has been the case in my own life at times. Too many times, actually...

If you are comfortable with this young man and trust his intentions, then great and I wish the best for you both. It is just that sometimes a person needs a caution sign along the road in life.

Post last edited by husky51 on 03.02.2014, 03:12 PM.

03.02.2014, 03:08 PM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
foreignfilmfreak
Miyazaki's Best Friend

It's okay, husky. I don't think I'm really rushing things, I had to ask that a lot and talked about it with my friends and they felt the progression was normal and that things seemed to be going well. I ask myself a lot of questions anyway.

I didn't rush in for a relationship though. lol It's not that so much that it's like, whoa, I found someone like me. I've really admired this guy for his work and optimism before I met him. It's strange how we only connected now but we get along perfectly. I think we both are simply happy enough having found someone who's really similar, as he's expressed this also. It just happened to be that I also developed feelings for him, but if he does not see me that way, then I can move on.

It's just nice meeting someone who gets me for being me so it'd be a shame to pass this up. XD And don't worry, I've been more cautious than I've likely made it sound.

03.02.2014, 03:23 PM foreignfilmfreak is offline   Profile for foreignfilmfreak Add foreignfilmfreak to your buddy list
husky51
The Old Guy

Then I'm very happy for you...

03.02.2014, 04:07 PM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
Nausicaa_Cat
Baron

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Nausicaa_Cat Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

HL: Uhh, since a couple of days ago, I have a boyfriend :') It's someone I've been seeing for awhile now and he is very fun and kind. I've sort of been surprised at how well it's gone and how easily it came about to be honest, given my encounters with the opposite sex tend to be far more dramatic.

LL: Eurgh, money.

03.02.2014, 07:36 PM Nausicaa_Cat is offline   Profile for Nausicaa_Cat Add Nausicaa_Cat to your buddy list
husky51
The Old Guy

And I'm likewise happy for you, NC...

Post last edited by husky51 on 03.02.2014, 07:46 PM.

03.02.2014, 07:44 PM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
foreignfilmfreak
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Yay, NC!

HHHL: He asked me on a date~! And in person this time too, so he gets brownie points.

03.02.2014, 09:55 PM foreignfilmfreak is offline   Profile for foreignfilmfreak Add foreignfilmfreak to your buddy list
Saddletank
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Registration Date: 09.28.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Saddletank Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by Kazegami
quote:
Originally posted by saviour2012
quote:

@FFF

I think you got it totally wrong. I think the concern is because of the possibility that FFF's feelings towards the boy aren't mutual, which could lead to a certain amount of emotional hurt on one or both sides.

Anyway. This is FFF's friend and it's not for any of us to be making judgments when we don't even know the guy.

Thanks Kaz, you got it right, as usual.

Super congrats to both NC and FFF, I hope things go well for you both.

"An old man like me stands no chance fighting against a high school girl in her underwear" - Oshino Meme, Nekomonogatari (Kuro)

Post last edited by Saddletank on 03.02.2014, 11:04 PM.

03.02.2014, 11:00 PM Saddletank is offline   Profile for Saddletank Add Saddletank to your buddy list Send an Email to Saddletank
saviour2012
Baron

Okay

03.03.2014, 02:50 AM saviour2012 is offline   Profile for saviour2012 Add saviour2012 to your buddy list Send an Email to saviour2012 Homepage of saviour2012
[  «    ...  520  521  522  523  524  525  526  527  528  ...    »  ]   « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to:

Online Ghibli
Ghibli Tavern is powered by WoltLab, hosted by Teragon Networks