QuickLink:
Ghibli Tavern - #2 What's the Highlight of your Day!!!
Home Register Frequently Asked Questions Search Members List Moderators and Administrators
Ghibli Tavern » - Tavern » General Discussions » #2 What's the Highlight of your Day!!! » Hello Guest [register|login]
« Previous Thread | Next Thread » Print Page | Recommend to Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Author
Post [  «    ...  621  622  623  624  625  626  627  628  629  ...    »  ]
husky51
The Old Guy

Registration Date: 03.17.08
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by husky51 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

LL:
Wishing that I could do the same with my own daughter...
Glad that you and Ayami enjoyed it...

07.27.2016, 03:39 AM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
foreignfilmfreak
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Registration Date: 10.02.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by foreignfilmfreak Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

LL: Still fairly upset because my friends told my ex things I said in confidentiality to them. Oh well. What's done is done but to be back-stabbed that way as well..

HL: Meeting my favourite professor today to talk about it. Excited to see her. Because of her and her classes, I was able to sort through the mess that was the aftermath of my first relationship. I honestly don't know where I would be without having taken this woman's courses. So I'm exceedingly thankful for her understanding and helpfulness outside of the classroom.

Also, going to New York soon! It'll be really good to leave my town for a few days. I feel scared to even go out alone.

07.28.2016, 10:04 AM foreignfilmfreak is offline   Profile for foreignfilmfreak Add foreignfilmfreak to your buddy list
Saddletank
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Registration Date: 09.28.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Saddletank Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

*hugs FFF*

When friends do that it is proof they were never really friends in the first place.

Move on and make new friends.

"An old man like me stands no chance fighting against a high school girl in her underwear" - Oshino Meme, Nekomonogatari (Kuro)

07.28.2016, 10:21 AM Saddletank is offline   Profile for Saddletank Add Saddletank to your buddy list Send an Email to Saddletank
husky51
The Old Guy

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by husky51 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by Saddletank
*hugs FFF*

When friends do that it is proof they were never really friends in the first place.

Move on and make new friends.

Amen to that, FFF...

have fun in New York...

07.29.2016, 02:31 AM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
Saddletank
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Saddletank Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

LL: People who can't hold a decent conversation without being rude. What is wrong with our world?

LLL: Money worries. Ugh. At this time of my life living hand to mouth makes me feel like a failure. I know I have been fighting off another bout of depression over this for several weeks now.

"An old man like me stands no chance fighting against a high school girl in her underwear" - Oshino Meme, Nekomonogatari (Kuro)

07.29.2016, 04:10 AM Saddletank is offline   Profile for Saddletank Add Saddletank to your buddy list Send an Email to Saddletank
foreignfilmfreak
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by foreignfilmfreak Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Thanks, guys. <3

LL: I love the Japanese students I live with but sometimes they're a bunch of drama llamas. There's a few core students I get the most along with and now I find out the reason my friend has been skipping meals or going to events is because she's been labeled a boyfriend snatcher.

Not. Impressed.

The guy is also being treated as if he is a bad person for similar reasons I am. I love both those kids so much and I hate knowing they're being ostracized from the group and having their private lives intruded upon because they're close friends. Urgh.

07.29.2016, 09:27 AM foreignfilmfreak is offline   Profile for foreignfilmfreak Add foreignfilmfreak to your buddy list
Kazegami
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Registration Date: 08.19.07
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Kazegami Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Ah... I heard a similar thing happened among the exchange students here.

@Saddles - I'm sorry you're feeling that way. Money's no measure of success, though, however much it's treated like one. You'll be alright, I know it.

My Anime List

07.29.2016, 07:12 PM Kazegami is offline   Profile for Kazegami Add Kazegami to your buddy list
foreignfilmfreak
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Yeah, this also happened to my best friend and her best friend, who happens to be a Japanese guy with a girlfriend. I'm glad these two only have a couple more weeks to endure before they're back home. Neither really want to go back though. Their relationship makes me actually start crying or laughing hysterically at how sincere it is.

HL: New York! Woo!

07.30.2016, 08:54 AM foreignfilmfreak is offline   Profile for foreignfilmfreak Add foreignfilmfreak to your buddy list
Kazegami
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Kazegami Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

HHHL: My friend asked me to be best man at his wedding.

Now I just hope his girlfriend says yes. :') He hasn't popped the question yet, ha.

My Anime List

Post last edited by Kazegami on 07.31.2016, 06:19 PM.

07.31.2016, 06:18 PM Kazegami is offline   Profile for Kazegami Add Kazegami to your buddy list
arren18
Administrator

Registration Date: 08.15.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by arren18 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Highlight: finally my summer holidays are starting! I've had no time off apart from regular days off since early May, so it's about time.

08.05.2016, 11:26 AM arren18 is offline   Profile for arren18 Add arren18 to your buddy list Homepage of arren18
Saddletank
Miyazaki's Best Friend

How's the work going Arren?

08.05.2016, 02:44 PM Saddletank is offline   Profile for Saddletank Add Saddletank to your buddy list Send an Email to Saddletank
foreignfilmfreak
Miyazaki's Best Friend

LL: Gearing up to say goodbye (for now) to the students.

I'm so proud and moved by how one of my girls has changed so rapidly in such a short time period. I love her openness, the strength she has so quickly found in herself. She came and told me all her problems and how she wants to become stronger. We both cried and hugged each other for a long time. I'm so glad she didn't hold everything in. Because of her, I also felt I could escape the situation I was in. I haven't told her that yet and I think she'll be very surprised by how just seeing her grow and become herself has affected me.

I also just feel so valued by this group. I feel a lot of my goals with them were addressed and more despite personal problems interfering with a lot of things. I've even become really good friends with one of the boys who at the beginning I thought for certain we would never be friends and that he didn't seem like a good person. lol I was very wrong. He's turned out to be one of the sweetest guys I could have ever befriended.

Don't want my babies to leave. </3

08.06.2016, 12:46 AM foreignfilmfreak is offline   Profile for foreignfilmfreak Add foreignfilmfreak to your buddy list
arren18
Administrator

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by arren18 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by Saddletank
How's the work going Arren?

Not bad. It has its ups and downs of course, but it's usually pretty fun and most workdays go by quite fast.

08.06.2016, 02:11 AM arren18 is offline   Profile for arren18 Add arren18 to your buddy list Homepage of arren18
belborges
Ohmu

Registration Date: 11.01.15
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by belborges Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

LL: Today my mom decided we're going to move. I've lived in this house since I was born and it feels pretty weird to know that I'll be leaving in a few weeks.

08.16.2016, 12:54 AM belborges is offline   Profile for belborges Add belborges to your buddy list
husky51
The Old Guy

Look at it as an advanture, bel...

Just hope that you don't take any shortcuts on the way to your new home...

08.17.2016, 03:37 AM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
saviour2012
Baron

Registration Date: 02.24.12
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by saviour2012 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by husky51
Look at it as an advanture, bel...

Just hope that you don't take any shortcuts on the way to your new home...

haha spirited away

Ask, think and learn. Because the more we know the more we grow.

Watching the wrong to happen is the same as commiting the wrong.

If it looks like things are forcing you to be creative, Then be creative.

its a uniquely Miyazaki film, one only he could make and its uniqueness places it beyond being easily critiqued.[About Porco Rosso]
taken from a quote of Saddletank and Orphic Okapi

08.17.2016, 03:52 AM saviour2012 is offline   Profile for saviour2012 Add saviour2012 to your buddy list Send an Email to saviour2012 Homepage of saviour2012
foreignfilmfreak
Miyazaki's Best Friend

My kids are back in Japan and now I'm sad but wow so much has happened..

HHL: I managed to convince one of the Japanese guys to pole dance. He was actually pretty decent at it despite being drunk.

HL: I told the guy I really liked my feelings in a letter. I think it turned out to be one of the best decisions I could have made. He hasn't directly told me how he feels but he's heavily implied he feels the same and really wants to meet with me in Japan. Right now we talk everyday and will call each other soon.

I actually really like the slow pace of our relationship progressing.. I think it's what I needed, in a way. There's no rush and there's still a few months before I can see him again. I like that he's very actively keeping conversations going with me, about anything. I hope he'll keep that up. If anything, he'll become a great best friend. He's a really honest and kind person.

I also became best friends with one of the other boys and I guess he's been hoping me and this guy will get together in the future.

So yeah, now I'm planning a trip to see them and also hoping I can move there next year. I might have a better shot at being placed in their prefecture and/or can look for jobs there.

08.17.2016, 03:43 PM foreignfilmfreak is offline   Profile for foreignfilmfreak Add foreignfilmfreak to your buddy list
Kazegami
Miyazaki's Best Friend

HL: I'M IN JAPAN. WHAT. HOW.

LL: it's 32 degrees. *adopts his aircon as his new deity*

My Anime List

08.21.2016, 04:24 AM Kazegami is offline   Profile for Kazegami Add Kazegami to your buddy list
saviour2012
Baron

Registration Date: 02.24.12
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by saviour2012 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by Kazegami
HL: I'M IN JAPAN. WHAT. HOW.

LL: it's 32 degrees. *adopts his aircon as his new deity*

Cool. Welcome to Asia

Ask, think and learn. Because the more we know the more we grow.

Watching the wrong to happen is the same as commiting the wrong.

If it looks like things are forcing you to be creative, Then be creative.

its a uniquely Miyazaki film, one only he could make and its uniqueness places it beyond being easily critiqued.[About Porco Rosso]
taken from a quote of Saddletank and Orphic Okapi

08.21.2016, 07:19 AM saviour2012 is offline   Profile for saviour2012 Add saviour2012 to your buddy list Send an Email to saviour2012 Homepage of saviour2012
arren18
Administrator

Welcome!

And 32 sounds pretty nice. I think it was about 36-37 here today.

08.21.2016, 09:40 AM arren18 is offline   Profile for arren18 Add arren18 to your buddy list Homepage of arren18
[  «    ...  621  622  623  624  625  626  627  628  629  ...    »  ]   « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to:

Online Ghibli
Ghibli Tavern is powered by WoltLab, hosted by Teragon Networks