QuickLink:
Ghibli Tavern - #2 What's the Highlight of your Day!!!
Home Register Frequently Asked Questions Search Members List Moderators and Administrators
Ghibli Tavern » - Tavern » General Discussions » #2 What's the Highlight of your Day!!! » Hello Guest [register|login]
« Previous Thread | Next Thread » Print Page | Recommend to Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Author
Post [  «    ...  624  625  626  627  628  629  630  631  632  ...    »  ]
saviour2012
Baron

Registration Date: 02.24.12
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by saviour2012 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by Saddletank
Trump isn't a weirdlight, he's a downright frighteninglight. How can such a maniac lunatic become the US president? It's insane. The crackpot will drop nukes on Isis as fast as you can say world-destabilizing-nutjob.

have you watched the latest video?

Ask, think and learn. Because the more we know the more we grow.

Watching the wrong to happen is the same as commiting the wrong.

If it looks like things are forcing you to be creative, Then be creative.

its a uniquely Miyazaki film, one only he could make and its uniqueness places it beyond being easily critiqued.[About Porco Rosso]
taken from a quote of Saddletank and Orphic Okapi

Post last edited by saviour2012 on 10.08.2016, 04:57 PM.

10.08.2016, 04:57 PM saviour2012 is offline   Profile for saviour2012 Add saviour2012 to your buddy list Send an Email to saviour2012 Homepage of saviour2012
foreignfilmfreak
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Registration Date: 10.02.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by foreignfilmfreak Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by Nausicaa_Cat
LL: I had to break up with my boyfriend. We'd been fighting a lot and I felt like I didn't know what else to do, but it's painful...

He's already deleted me as a friend on social media, even though it only happened yesterday, and I don't know why but that felt surprisingly brutal. I wasn't expecting it so it was like a slap to the face.

Aww girl. <3 If you ever want to talk about it, you can message me on here or FB. I felt the same when my ex immediately deleted me off social media while we were talking about breaking up.

10.08.2016, 09:34 PM foreignfilmfreak is offline   Profile for foreignfilmfreak Add foreignfilmfreak to your buddy list
Saddletank
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Registration Date: 09.28.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Saddletank Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

quote:
LL: I had to break up with my boyfriend. We'd been fighting a lot and I felt like I didn't know what else to do, but it's painful...

He's already deleted me as a friend on social media, even though it only happened yesterday, and I don't know why but that felt surprisingly brutal. I wasn't expecting it so it was like a slap to the face.

*hugs*

Try not to feel so bad about it, he probably did it in a fit of strong emotions and may also be regretting it.

"An old man like me stands no chance fighting against a high school girl in her underwear" - Oshino Meme, Nekomonogatari (Kuro)

10.09.2016, 04:23 AM Saddletank is offline   Profile for Saddletank Add Saddletank to your buddy list Send an Email to Saddletank
arren18
Administrator

Registration Date: 08.15.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by arren18 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Sorry to hear about that NC! That must be such a horrible situation. But, happy birthday! (I did get that right, didn't I?)

10.09.2016, 11:23 AM arren18 is offline   Profile for arren18 Add arren18 to your buddy list Homepage of arren18
Nausicaa_Cat
Baron

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Nausicaa_Cat Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Thanks for your supportive words guys! After a few days I'm feeling a little better about things.

And very close Arren! It's tomorrow though I've actually felt pretty sick today so I'm nervous I'm going to have to cancel my birthday dinner and things tomorrow....fingers crossed a good night's sleep helps!

10.09.2016, 02:09 PM Nausicaa_Cat is offline   Profile for Nausicaa_Cat Add Nausicaa_Cat to your buddy list
husky51
The Old Guy

Registration Date: 03.17.08
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by husky51 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Happy Birthday to you,
HE belongs in a zoo,
With the monkeys and losers,
Happy Birthday to you!!!

Glad you're starting to feel a little better about it and hope you're feeling a lot better for tomorrow's get-together...

10.09.2016, 03:25 PM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
saviour2012
Baron

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by saviour2012 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

LOL husky

have a great day NC, i hope husky's wish cheered you up.

its a uniquely Miyazaki film, one only he could make and its uniqueness places it beyond being easily critiqued.[About Porco Rosso]

10.09.2016, 03:34 PM saviour2012 is offline   Profile for saviour2012 Add saviour2012 to your buddy list Send an Email to saviour2012 Homepage of saviour2012
arren18
Administrator

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by arren18 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Actually in my time zone it was the right day! Although even here it was only just right, so that was jumping the gun a bit. I hope you feel better soon!

10.09.2016, 09:57 PM arren18 is offline   Profile for arren18 Add arren18 to your buddy list Homepage of arren18
foreignfilmfreak
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by foreignfilmfreak Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Happy Birthday, NC~.

LL: My laptop is crap and keeps falling apart. I'm frustrated because it's less than a year old and it doesn't appear to have been built properly. I don't know whether to contact Lenovo about this.. I had planned on being able to use this for a few years which was why I purchased a slightly more expensive laptop after my other (faulty) laptop broke at the hinge.

All the screws are coming out, the screen won't adjust, one side is completely broken and I can no longer close my laptop. Other parts have broken off and now it looks like the screen might come off. I'm not harsh with my laptop at all and can't understand.

Egh, at this point I might just buy a refurbished Mac air or wait for them to go on sale at Christmas.

10.09.2016, 10:52 PM foreignfilmfreak is offline   Profile for foreignfilmfreak Add foreignfilmfreak to your buddy list
Nausicaa_Cat
Baron

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Nausicaa_Cat Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Ahh FFF I had the exact same thing happen with my Lenovo!! They are such terrible quality.

I ended up claiming on my insurance and refused a replacement and instead took amazon vouchers for the same amount and bought myself a Mac Air. Much better decision!

10.10.2016, 07:36 AM Nausicaa_Cat is offline   Profile for Nausicaa_Cat Add Nausicaa_Cat to your buddy list
foreignfilmfreak
Miyazaki's Best Friend

quote:
Ahh FFF I had the exact same thing happen with my Lenovo!! They are such terrible quality.

I ended up claiming on my insurance and refused a replacement and instead took amazon vouchers for the same amount and bought myself a Mac Air. Much better decision!

I wish I had known that. What does claiming on your insurance mean? I've never tried to get a refund for a laptop before. I'm frustrated and wish I'd opted for the Asus instead because I did like my previous Asus despite it being faulty.

My sister's cheap Samsung laptop has lasted several years and you can do gaming on it in high quality. Besides her Mac, that's the best laptop we've ever had. lol

EDIT: Wow, Samsung laptops are the same price as Macs. Hers must have been heavily discounted.

Guess I'm gonna have to really jump on the sales. lol

Post last edited by foreignfilmfreak on 10.10.2016, 10:31 AM.

10.10.2016, 10:26 AM foreignfilmfreak is offline   Profile for foreignfilmfreak Add foreignfilmfreak to your buddy list
Saddletank
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Saddletank Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Happy Birthday NC, I hope you are feeling better. Have an awesome day!

"An old man like me stands no chance fighting against a high school girl in her underwear" - Oshino Meme, Nekomonogatari (Kuro)

10.10.2016, 10:59 AM Saddletank is offline   Profile for Saddletank Add Saddletank to your buddy list Send an Email to Saddletank
arren18
Administrator

Highlight: I made the first step towards moving to a new apartment. I've been nervous about starting the process, but today I requested two viewings. If the first one is as good as it seems I could be moving pretty soon.

10.11.2016, 11:44 AM arren18 is offline   Profile for arren18 Add arren18 to your buddy list Homepage of arren18
makc
Ohmu

Registration Date: 07.12.16
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by makc Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

I know you guys do not like my gifs, but

It's now very common to hear people say, 'I'm rather offended by that.' As if that gives them certain rights. It's actually nothing more... than a whine. 'I find that offensive.' It has no meaning; it has no purpose; it has no reason to be respected as a phrase. 'I am offended by that.' Well, so loving what - Stephen Fry.

10.15.2016, 10:24 AM makc is offline   Profile for makc Add makc to your buddy list
husky51
The Old Guy

Registration Date: 03.17.08
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by husky51 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

IMO, there isn't a thing wrong with this pic of Jiji...

hshshs, but the only time I ever sae one of our cat's tails moving in that particular fashion, it was (unfortunately) 'marking' its territory... sigh

10.15.2016, 01:13 PM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
Saddletank
Miyazaki's Best Friend

HL: Toffee pennies in a box of Quality Street.

10.16.2016, 10:01 AM Saddletank is offline   Profile for Saddletank Add Saddletank to your buddy list Send an Email to Saddletank
foreignfilmfreak
Miyazaki's Best Friend

LL: I think my first ex found out where I work. He came in twice this weekend and kept walking around. I had my back turned cleaning something when I suddenly got this horrible feeling in the pit of my stomach and turned around to see him standing there.

Luckily, he didn't say anything but I'm scared if he will try anything because for a long while he was very stalker-y and obsessive. I think that's why even after three years I avoid him at all costs and have panic attacks when I see him. Was not fun.

I felt more upset though because I pointed him out to a coworker and she almost tried to make a racist joke because he's Asian. When it comes to my exes, people are usually quick to judge them based on their ethnicity and it really bothers me a lot. They may be terrible people but that has nothing to do with their race.

10.16.2016, 11:50 PM foreignfilmfreak is offline   Profile for foreignfilmfreak Add foreignfilmfreak to your buddy list
saviour2012
Baron

quote:
Originally posted by foreignfilmfreak
LL: I think my first ex found out where I work. He came in twice this weekend and kept walking around. I had my back turned cleaning something when I suddenly got this horrible feeling in the pit of my stomach and turned around to see him standing there.

Luckily, he didn't say anything but I'm scared if he will try anything because for a long while he was very stalker-y and obsessive. I think that's why even after three years I avoid him at all costs and have panic attacks when I see him. Was not fun.

I felt more upset though because I pointed him out to a coworker and she almost tried to make a racist joke because he's Asian. When it comes to my exes, people are usually quick to judge them based on their ethnicity and it really bothers me a lot. They may be terrible people but that has nothing to do with their race.

i feel bad for you FFF. Hang in there.

I sometimes dont get why people cant move on.

10.17.2016, 01:39 AM saviour2012 is offline   Profile for saviour2012 Add saviour2012 to your buddy list Send an Email to saviour2012 Homepage of saviour2012
foreignfilmfreak
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Thanks, Saviour. I sincerely hope he has moved on and that him coming by twice was merely a coincidence. I doubt it though..

10.17.2016, 10:21 PM foreignfilmfreak is offline   Profile for foreignfilmfreak Add foreignfilmfreak to your buddy list
Kazegami
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Registration Date: 08.19.07
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Kazegami Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

HHHL: I went to Kaiyukan Aquarium in Osaka today! I've wanted to go for so long, ever since I first saw it two or three years ago on Begin Japanology. It was amazing, breathtaking really. So happy I went.

My Anime List

10.24.2016, 12:58 PM Kazegami is offline   Profile for Kazegami Add Kazegami to your buddy list
[  «    ...  624  625  626  627  628  629  630  631  632  ...    »  ]   « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to:

Online Ghibli
Ghibli Tavern is powered by WoltLab, hosted by Teragon Networks