QuickLink:
Ghibli Tavern - #2 What's the Highlight of your Day!!!
Home Register Frequently Asked Questions Search Members List Moderators and Administrators
Ghibli Tavern » - Tavern » General Discussions » #2 What's the Highlight of your Day!!! » Hello Guest [register|login]
« Previous Thread | Next Thread » Print Page | Recommend to Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Author
Post [  «    ...  619  620  621  622  623  624  625  626  627  ...    »  ]
saviour2012
Baron

Registration Date: 02.24.12
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by saviour2012 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by husky51
LL:
Latest explosion and gunfire was in Bangladesh. In Dhaka... Hope it was far, far away from you, saviour...

unfortunately it was close to my home, say 5 min in car. i am extremely angry at the govt because they did this to themselves. they corrupted the police and other law enforcement agencies so in the last few weeks these departments arrested thousands of people only for extorting money for themselves. the govt also distanced itself from the people and other parties so nobody actually helped.

reading all the comments at the social media, i am now confirmed what i knew that people are hugely divided about the issue, one side is blaming Israel, India and US for these things, which is not totally baseless as automatic weapons is exceptionally scarce in BD and in the last few weeks tons and tons were discovered at different sites due to police raid. that said i think the ones to blame are us the bangladeshis we knew that these things are real but still people are following opposite biases. one side is thinking just be non practicing muslim and other side is trying to become fundamentalist muslim. The govt is not taking any good initiative so these two polarizing aspects of people is devouring national unity and thus making it easy for these so called terrorist organization to easily manipulate people specially young people. In any country with depressing matters young people(20-30) tend to become suicidal, you can see the widespread use of drugs in wertern country for this matter, however what i know muslims are fundamentally more what should i say positive as we believe that Allah controls everything, we tend to be more hopeful about future prospect that individuals can change something. These groups use that motivation to recruit. And they are extremely annoying people and these people DO NOT listen to reason. As a result they make excellent recruits for this kind of suicidal attack.

However what i can not accept is that the attack is in the diplomatic area, this is heavily guarded and exceptionally secure. They were able to come with so many weapons, bombs and machetes is absolutely absurd. You can not go there with these, it means there is a serious flaw in the system. Which can trigger even greater violence if overlooked. The thing is the PM said the people should help the govt. I know that they wont, many people know who might be a suspect or IS idiolizer but they wont tell that to the local law enforcement cause those guys will the harass(mentally, economically etc etc) the people who are trying to help. People still believed in the Army cause they are not directly controlled by govt and they also did a somewhat acceptable rescue operation. If govt wants to solve this issue they have to bring in the army not because the issue is severely serious but because the issue can escalate very fast if the people continues to distrust the govt.

Overall its a depressing situation, life is going okay ofcourse as people dont care anything other than themselves. but they should. One thing i would like to clarify is, this is the first ever hostage situation in the history of Bangladesh, the reason is the weapons to do these sort of attack is not available. But it is unlikely that a situation like pakistan or iraq or some other place will happen here fast(say 2-5 year) because people hate terrorism here unlike somepart of iraq and pakistan. It is possible that the western media will try to make the situation more dramatic than it already is because BD is from birth more inclined to Russia, India than US (US tried to send its seventh fleet in our liberation war). So these powers wont allow any severe militant presence in this region. And in the history if some catastrophic problem arises and the govt fails to solve it. the Army always steps in at least they have upto now. People hope that they are secure. But the problem is very serious and has to be solved socially but no party from anyside is taking any initiative.

Ask, think and learn. Because the more we know the more we grow.

Watching the wrong to happen is the same as commiting the wrong.

If it looks like things are forcing you to be creative, Then be creative.

its a uniquely Miyazaki film, one only he could make and its uniqueness places it beyond being easily critiqued.[About Porco Rosso]
taken from a quote of Saddletank and Orphic Okapi

Post last edited by saviour2012 on 07.02.2016, 10:28 AM.

07.02.2016, 07:50 AM saviour2012 is offline   Profile for saviour2012 Add saviour2012 to your buddy list Send an Email to saviour2012 Homepage of saviour2012
Kazegami
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Registration Date: 08.19.07
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Kazegami Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

I'm glad you're safe, Saviour. I can only hope this event might trigger a move towards making the country safer and more secure.

HHHL: writing this on my shiny new laptop! *sparkle sparkle*

My Anime List

07.05.2016, 12:59 PM Kazegami is offline   Profile for Kazegami Add Kazegami to your buddy list
saviour2012
Baron

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by saviour2012 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

thanks kaz and husky for your consideration, i am grateful

however i am severely depressed in the incidents around the world, in turkey dhaka baghdad and in madina(!!!) . i mean what the **** is wrong with these people. They killed those japanese who came in order to build our metro rail by their money. its such a shame and helpless situation but in a nation with extreme left and extreme right population, with nobody respecting others behavior i have no idea how can we solve it and using this divide those ******* terrorist will kill our friends our livelihood.

I have never been so deeply moved by something. sorry if i ruined your mood. But world is not in a good place, any spark can ignite a great fire.

its a uniquely Miyazaki film, one only he could make and its uniqueness places it beyond being easily critiqued.[About Porco Rosso]

07.05.2016, 06:54 PM saviour2012 is offline   Profile for saviour2012 Add saviour2012 to your buddy list Send an Email to saviour2012 Homepage of saviour2012
Kazegami
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Kazegami Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

You have every right to be depressed and angry about this, Saviour, so you don't need to apologise. I can't understand the minds of terrorists like these at all. I can't see how anyone could possibly think it was right to torture and kill innocents like that.

My Anime List

07.06.2016, 11:30 AM Kazegami is offline   Profile for Kazegami Add Kazegami to your buddy list
husky51
The Old Guy

Registration Date: 03.17.08
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by husky51 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by Kazegami
You have every right to be depressed and angry about this, Saviour, so you don't need to apologise. I can't understand the minds of terrorists like these at all. I can't see how anyone could possibly think it was right to torture and kill innocents like that.

I agree with Kaz entirely...

07.06.2016, 11:59 AM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
saviour2012
Baron

HL: EID

Eid Mubarak everyone

07.06.2016, 10:30 PM saviour2012 is offline   Profile for saviour2012 Add saviour2012 to your buddy list Send an Email to saviour2012 Homepage of saviour2012
Kazegami
Miyazaki's Best Friend

HL: fun birthday yesterday. ^_^ We went to a big aquarium, saw lots of cool creatures. Then it was pouring with rain all day today so I didn't need to go to work~

My Anime List

Post last edited by Kazegami on 07.09.2016, 03:52 PM.

07.09.2016, 03:52 PM Kazegami is offline   Profile for Kazegami Add Kazegami to your buddy list
saviour2012
Baron

quote:
Originally posted by Kazegami
HL: fun birthday yesterday. ^_^ We went to a big aquarium, saw lots of cool creatures. Then it was pouring with rain all day today so I didn't need to go to work~

late happy birthday

07.09.2016, 04:25 PM saviour2012 is offline   Profile for saviour2012 Add saviour2012 to your buddy list Send an Email to saviour2012 Homepage of saviour2012
husky51
The Old Guy

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by husky51 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Kaz:
Already said it, but Happy Birthday and hope you had fun. As for the rain, maybe it gave you time to play with your 'baby TOSHIBA', eh?

saviour:
Enjoy the Eid...

07.09.2016, 11:04 PM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
arren18
Administrator

Registration Date: 08.15.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by arren18 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Oh, happy birthday! I'm glad you had a good day.

07.10.2016, 06:29 AM arren18 is offline   Profile for arren18 Add arren18 to your buddy list Homepage of arren18
Kazegami
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Thanks, guys. Been having a great time with it, Husky, yep!

My Anime List

07.10.2016, 08:16 AM Kazegami is offline   Profile for Kazegami Add Kazegami to your buddy list
foreignfilmfreak
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Registration Date: 10.02.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by foreignfilmfreak Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Happy belated birthday, Kaz. <3 Meant to wish you happy birthday over facebook but been having a bit of a crappy time lately.

07.10.2016, 11:57 AM foreignfilmfreak is offline   Profile for foreignfilmfreak Add foreignfilmfreak to your buddy list
Kazegami
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Thanks, FFF. ^^ Don't worry about it~

LL: machines breaking at work. -.- It's not particularly my problem or fault but it's a nuisance anyway.

My Anime List

07.12.2016, 04:36 PM Kazegami is offline   Profile for Kazegami Add Kazegami to your buddy list
foreignfilmfreak
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by foreignfilmfreak Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

LL: I ended my relationship.

07.13.2016, 02:55 AM foreignfilmfreak is offline   Profile for foreignfilmfreak Add foreignfilmfreak to your buddy list
husky51
The Old Guy

quote:
Originally posted by foreignfilmfreak

I trust that you will be feeking better soon, young'n...

07.13.2016, 03:05 AM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
foreignfilmfreak
Miyazaki's Best Friend

quote:
Originally posted by husky51
quote:

I trust that you will be feeking better soon, young'n...

Thanks, husky. It was a really difficult decision... I've tried so hard but it wasn't going to work for me. It hurt to break his heart but I don't think there's any way I would've been happy with him forever.

07.13.2016, 03:53 AM foreignfilmfreak is offline   Profile for foreignfilmfreak Add foreignfilmfreak to your buddy list
Kazegami
Miyazaki's Best Friend

*lots of hugs to FFF* I'm sorry. But if you did all you could and there was no making things right, you did the right thing. This must have been really stressful for you lately, so I hope you'll have some relief from that now.

My Anime List

07.13.2016, 08:46 AM Kazegami is offline   Profile for Kazegami Add Kazegami to your buddy list
foreignfilmfreak
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Thanks, Kaz. <3

I'm getting a lot of support which is great. I don't think I had this much support when my last relationship ended.

Gonna chase down the boys I live with later for hugs because I know they'll probably scream if I touch them and for some reason that thought amuses me.

07.13.2016, 09:19 AM foreignfilmfreak is offline   Profile for foreignfilmfreak Add foreignfilmfreak to your buddy list
husky51
The Old Guy

quote:
"Gonna chase down the boys I live with"

Hahahaha, Made me think of "Fruits Basket"

07.13.2016, 09:24 AM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
foreignfilmfreak
Miyazaki's Best Friend

LOL I wound up only hugging one guy and he was willing. I would've hugged another guy but he was running around with nothing but a towel on trying to show off I think.

HL: Feeling much better. ^^

07.15.2016, 01:15 AM foreignfilmfreak is offline   Profile for foreignfilmfreak Add foreignfilmfreak to your buddy list
[  «    ...  619  620  621  622  623  624  625  626  627  ...    »  ]   « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to:

Online Ghibli
Ghibli Tavern is powered by WoltLab, hosted by Teragon Networks