QuickLink:
Ghibli Tavern - What Movie(s) did you watch today?
Home Register Frequently Asked Questions Search Members List Moderators and Administrators
Ghibli Tavern » - Tavern » General Discussions » What Movie(s) did you watch today? » Hello Guest [register|login]
« Previous Thread | Next Thread » Print Page | Recommend to Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Author
Post [  «    ...  54  55  56  57  58  59  60  61  62  ...    »  ]
husky51
The Old Guy

Registration Date: 03.17.08
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by husky51 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

watched "AIR the motion picture" last night and I liked it. kinda surreal, but moving....

02.18.2011, 09:15 AM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
Animenewbie
Calcifer

Registration Date: 10.24.10
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Animenewbie Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

I watched the Gulliver's travels with Jack Black...I must say that I expected something better

02.18.2011, 11:03 AM Animenewbie is offline   Profile for Animenewbie Add Animenewbie to your buddy list
fenkashi
Dibs on Supreme Overlord

Registration Date: 08.12.07
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by fenkashi Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

I saw No Strings Attached. I dunno why I keep letting myself get dragged to movies like this. I'm so uninspired by romcoms these days.

Although, I do hear Just Go With It is better than most.

Either way, I can't wait till some of the more exciting movies come out this year!

02.19.2011, 05:48 AM fenkashi is offline   Profile for fenkashi Add fenkashi to your buddy list
Kemi
Totoro

Registration Date: 05.25.09
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Kemi Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Uhm..last movie I saw was the Stepford Wives (remake with Nicole Kidman), although the critics say it's a bad movie that isn't funny at all, I liked it I thought it was nice and quite original I really liked Nicole's acting (like always!)

02.19.2011, 07:17 PM Kemi is offline   Profile for Kemi Add Kemi to your buddy list
Rossdude
Calcifer

Registration Date: 02.13.11
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Rossdude Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

I watched Jurassic Park III

I know, I know, but I still love the special effects used for the dinosaurs. They look so much more real by todays standards of CG effects.

In the end I am entertained by the movie. ^^

@={HSA}= MORO: Paprika was good right? And yeah when i watched Inception I thought it was based off Paprika!!

02.19.2011, 10:22 PM Rossdude is offline   Profile for Rossdude Add Rossdude to your buddy list Homepage of Rossdude
Animenewbie
Calcifer

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Animenewbie Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

I watched Tron Legacy. Enjoyed it.

On a side note. I heard from one friend of mine that they will show some Ghibli in the cinema in 5 days. Now that i checked, to my disappointment, they are running Summer Wars. Never have I seen a Ghibli in the cinema and it would have been nice to see one.

Another time perhaps.

02.20.2011, 05:30 PM Animenewbie is offline   Profile for Animenewbie Add Animenewbie to your buddy list
arren18
Administrator

Registration Date: 08.15.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by arren18 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

That is a shame, but if you haven't seen Summer Wars, I'd recommend it!

02.20.2011, 05:46 PM arren18 is offline   Profile for arren18 Add arren18 to your buddy list Homepage of arren18
hopexx5
Totoro

Registration Date: 01.17.11
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by hopexx5 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

40 towers!

02.20.2011, 05:47 PM hopexx5 is offline   Profile for hopexx5 Add hopexx5 to your buddy list
Nausicaa_Cat
Baron

Registration Date: 10.02.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Nausicaa_Cat Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

I watched Gentlemen Prefer Blondes (that classic doesn't even need a comment) and Buried. Buried was good in the sense that I was really surprised about how well Ryan Reynolds can act, and they did a heck of a lot considering the entire thing is shot in a badly lit coffin. I don't think I 'enjoyed' it so to speak because it was all just one harrowing crisis after another, and I finished it kind of depresssed but it was still an interesting film to have seen.

02.21.2011, 06:30 AM Nausicaa_Cat is offline   Profile for Nausicaa_Cat Add Nausicaa_Cat to your buddy list
Kemi
Totoro

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Kemi Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

-Episode 2 of 'Elizabeth R' with Glenda Jackson <333 Amazing

-Despicable Me, lovely movie. I like the idea of the bad guy being the protagonist of the movie <3 Full of black, sarcastic humour..love it. Although the story itself is quite short and thin, the jokes around it and the unique characters are awesome

Post last edited by Kemi on 02.21.2011, 03:35 PM.

02.21.2011, 03:35 PM Kemi is offline   Profile for Kemi Add Kemi to your buddy list
Kemi
Totoro

I've watched two episodes of the amazing, beautiful dutch series "Rembrandt en ik' (Rembrandt and I).
It is about the famous Dutch painter Rembrandt who lived in the 17th century. The series contains out of 4 episodes and in each episode you will see the life of the amazing painter Rembrandt but each time through the eyes of someone close to him.

The first episode was about his best friend in his younger years, who painted together. Jan Lievens.
The second episode about his wife and love of his life, Saskia van Uylenburgh

Post last edited by Kemi on 02.22.2011, 10:13 AM.

02.22.2011, 10:12 AM Kemi is offline   Profile for Kemi Add Kemi to your buddy list
Animenewbie
Calcifer

I watched Toy Story 3, And I was quite surprised that I found myself crying a bit at the end Oh man, I think this was the first time I cried while watching a movie

02.26.2011, 02:20 PM Animenewbie is offline   Profile for Animenewbie Add Animenewbie to your buddy list
colda
Tanuki

Registration Date: 11.12.09
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by colda Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Alien, loved it. I'm watching Aliens tonight.

02.26.2011, 03:02 PM colda is offline   Profile for colda Add colda to your buddy list
hopexx5
Totoro

Registration Date: 01.17.11
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by hopexx5 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Nausicaa of the valley of wind, My mate kindly let me borrow it.
The funny bit though it was a recording and at the end it said tomorrow: porco rosso.

02.26.2011, 06:53 PM hopexx5 is offline   Profile for hopexx5 Add hopexx5 to your buddy list
Rossdude
Calcifer

Registration Date: 02.13.11
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Rossdude Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

@colda: Alien and Aliens are some of my most favorite movies. The series gets bad after that though.

I watched Panty and Lance with Guarder Belt today. Love it.

02.26.2011, 08:22 PM Rossdude is offline   Profile for Rossdude Add Rossdude to your buddy list Homepage of Rossdude
Kemi
Totoro

I've watched 'Precious', the American movie produced by Oprah. But I feel sad after watching this, there's too much drama and misery...of course there's an happy end, but the happy part maybe only lasts for 2 minutes or so...too much misery...and this story is actually a traditional story of a bullied, fat, black girl with no future and only dreams becomes the beloved woman she wants to be. But they never show us her dreams to be a singer/show girl come true...

I don't know what to think about it really. It was just..so heavy. Acting of Precious and of her mother were splendid though! Splendid!

Post last edited by Kemi on 03.01.2011, 02:24 PM.

03.01.2011, 02:23 PM Kemi is offline   Profile for Kemi Add Kemi to your buddy list
Nausicaa_Cat
Baron

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Nausicaa_Cat Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

I saw True Grit the other day and it was nothing less than phenomenal. I don't think I've seen anything quite so well acted for a long, long time. Hailee Steinfeld more than held her own alongside the ever excellent Jeff Bridges and Matt Damon on his best form. The cinematography was beautiful and lush, as to be expected coming from the Coen brothers, and it was just generally absorbing to watch. I find it shocking it didn't recieve an Oscar considering out of the films up for nominations, and I've seen the majority, this was by quite a margin my favourite.

Just fantastic.

03.02.2011, 03:54 PM Nausicaa_Cat is offline   Profile for Nausicaa_Cat Add Nausicaa_Cat to your buddy list
Kemi
Totoro

Anastasia - the Mystery of Anna (tv film)

It was interesting and a good movie I enjoyed it, but I wonder if the 1956 movie is better. It's such a weird story anyway, such a interesting mystery..would she really survived the mass execution? Would it be really her? I don't know what to believe..but it captivates me,
I liked the animated movie as well

03.06.2011, 08:38 AM Kemi is offline   Profile for Kemi Add Kemi to your buddy list
Yay! Kiki
Baron

Registration Date: 04.06.08
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Yay! Kiki Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

The Book of Eli. Which was ehhhh. It was alright. I do feel like there was a better usage of the two hours than I spent watching it, though.

03.06.2011, 05:32 PM Yay! Kiki is offline   Profile for Yay! Kiki Add Yay! Kiki to your buddy list
Nausicaa_Cat
Baron

I watched Thirst by Chan-wook Park, who is my favourite Korean director, and just one of my favourite directors in general. I don't know what I was expecting, but it was, uh, certainly different. It had lots of his touches, the striking cinematography, 'interesting' opposed to good looking leads and not a normal character in sight. I liked it a lot but found myself amusingly shocked by just quite how explicit it was. In all manners of ways. Definitely not one I'd recommend to the squeamish or those with erm, mild ideas about sex.

*Cough*

Anyway. I'm glad I watched it and can't wait to get my paws on the rest of the Vengeance trilogy, I find all of his films so absorbing. I have a thing for stylised and dark films, it's why I'm so fond of Zack Snyder.

03.10.2011, 01:47 PM Nausicaa_Cat is offline   Profile for Nausicaa_Cat Add Nausicaa_Cat to your buddy list
[  «    ...  54  55  56  57  58  59  60  61  62  ...    »  ]   « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to:

Online Ghibli
Ghibli Tavern is powered by WoltLab, hosted by Teragon Networks