QuickLink:
Ghibli Tavern - What Movie(s) did you watch today?
Home Register Frequently Asked Questions Search Members List Moderators and Administrators
Ghibli Tavern » - Tavern » General Discussions » What Movie(s) did you watch today? » Hello Guest [register|login]
« Previous Thread | Next Thread » Print Page | Recommend to Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Author
Post [  «    ...  58  59  60  61  62  63  64  65  66  ...    »  ]
fenkashi
Dibs on Supreme Overlord

Registration Date: 08.12.07
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by fenkashi Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

The King's Speech was excellent! Very deserving of the acclaim.

I have not seen a movie in a while. Too busy reading, but I'm going to go see Thor! It will be fun.

05.02.2011, 07:49 PM fenkashi is offline   Profile for fenkashi Add fenkashi to your buddy list
Kemi
Totoro

Registration Date: 05.25.09
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Kemi Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by husky51
The thing about ALL (or almost all) of the monarchs in Europe is that they, at least to my understanding, were all pretty much related to one another in some way...

I believe that there was an English King that spoke only German.

====================

Yes, I want to see "The King's Speech" myself...

Funny that you mention that, because it is true actually. I believe ALL of the European monarchs were related to Queen Victoria of England. I believe they told that fact in the movie 'The Young Victoria'

05.03.2011, 01:48 PM Kemi is offline   Profile for Kemi Add Kemi to your buddy list
Kemi
Totoro

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Kemi Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Watched the first part of the BBC adaption of Austen's 'Emma'. Not really my cup of tea, nice acting and quite funny. But the whole English regency thing, is not my interest as it is for some of my friends. It's worth the watching though, I will definitely continue with the series.

05.03.2011, 04:33 PM Kemi is offline   Profile for Kemi Add Kemi to your buddy list
arren18
Administrator

Registration Date: 08.15.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by arren18 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Insidious and Scott Pilgrim. Two obviously very different films, both of which I thought were pretty good. In both cases they lost some of their appeal towards the end though.

05.04.2011, 07:30 PM arren18 is offline   Profile for arren18 Add arren18 to your buddy list Homepage of arren18
jameskarnival
Susuwatari

Registration Date: 05.05.11
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by jameskarnival Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

I watched Inception, it was really imaginary and dreamwork movie.

Kitchen cabinets online

05.05.2011, 08:14 AM jameskarnival is offline   Profile for jameskarnival Add jameskarnival to your buddy list
Kemi
Totoro

Emma part 2, Oorlogswinter and Rio.
I went to the cinema with my little sister to watch Rio, but it was a bad movie. Some funny jokes, but most of them weren't funny anymore since I know them already from other movies, also the story was weak and I saw the Dutch version, which was horrible actually. The voice actors couldn't even sing properly, meeh..

Even my little sister said it was boring xD

Oorlogswinter, a Dutch movie about the friendship between a Dutch boy and a English soldier in WOII wasn't what I expected from it. It wasn't that emotional and the pronounciation of the actors was hard to follow. But it was nice to watch for once

Post last edited by Kemi on 05.05.2011, 03:28 PM.

05.05.2011, 03:27 PM Kemi is offline   Profile for Kemi Add Kemi to your buddy list
HataZaki
Ohmu

Registration Date: 12.10.08
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by HataZaki Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Rabbit Hole - Amazing, beautiful film. Nicole Kidman earns some respect from me with this role. It handles an extremely touchy subject with such purity and truth, and doesn't feel the need to force an unnecessary happy ending.

Black Swan - Also amazing! Natalie Portman and Mila Kunis were fabulous, it kept me captivated from start to finish. You could really see the tie ins with Perfect Blue which was fun. I love Winona Ryder too so it was great to see her in it for a bit too. Deserved the oscar for sure!

05.06.2011, 09:55 AM HataZaki is offline   Profile for HataZaki Add HataZaki to your buddy list Send an Email to HataZaki Homepage of HataZaki AIM Screenname: - YIM Screenname: -
Animenewbie
Calcifer

Registration Date: 10.24.10
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Animenewbie Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

I watched a Korean movie called Old Boy. A nice movie but I think I got a bit lost at the end..

EDIT:
Now my friend told me what happened in Old Boy and it all makes sense now!

I watched Thor yesterday. Very inspiring movie! Didn't like that it was 3d though, not really my thing.

Post last edited by Animenewbie on 05.09.2011, 08:19 AM.

05.07.2011, 03:19 PM Animenewbie is offline   Profile for Animenewbie Add Animenewbie to your buddy list
husky51
The Old Guy

Registration Date: 03.17.08
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by husky51 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

hahaha, the last few posts seem to be panning the mnovies a bit... and I have to go along... lol

watched "Ghost Dog: the way of the samurai"...

It is about a hit-man who supposedly lives his life following the Hagakuri. The movie spent a LOT of time with Forrest Whittaker just walking around the slums of the Big City or driving around in a series of stolen Mercedes Benz cars. Periodically, bits of the Hagakuri english translation would appear onscreen to apparently explain the mans mindset.

Whittaker is a pretty good actor, but in this film the acting from ALL of the characters was very, very wooden. I would ahve to give it a thumbs down, IMO...

I mean, when you get old men mafioso dancing to rap and EVERYBODY is addicted to old cartoons, c'mon....
=====================

Watched Princess Mononoke last night...

and another Ghibli tonight, but I won't say which one just yet... see "Ghibli's Quotes" thread...

Post last edited by husky51 on 05.11.2011, 12:17 AM.

05.09.2011, 10:14 AM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
Kemi
Totoro

Pride and Prejudice (1995, six episodes) It's much better and the characters are more detailled in this BBC version than in the 2005 version, and I loved Colin Firth as mr. Darcy.
Jane Austens' movie adaptations are very ideal if you want to see something very light where you don't really have to think about the subject and if you can respect the humour, it is quite fun to watch

Post last edited by Kemi on 05.14.2011, 07:03 PM.

05.14.2011, 07:01 PM Kemi is offline   Profile for Kemi Add Kemi to your buddy list
husky51
The Old Guy

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by husky51 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

See my last post.... hee hee hee...

05.14.2011, 11:16 PM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
arren18
Administrator

Registration Date: 08.15.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by arren18 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Went to a Coen Brothers + Jeff Bridges double bill.

True Grit - brilliant film with some great cinematography. I'm surprised it was nominated for so many Oscars and failed to win any.

The Big Lebowski - completely ridiculous, and so, so funny.

05.29.2011, 07:09 PM arren18 is offline   Profile for arren18 Add arren18 to your buddy list Homepage of arren18
husky51
The Old Guy

of all things, I watched "The Nightmare Before Christmas"...

Nothing like being seasonal, right??? lol

05.30.2011, 12:33 AM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
fenkashi
Dibs on Supreme Overlord

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by fenkashi Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

quote:

Lol I was singing Christmas carols today ... for some reason. xD

I watched the 4th Pirates movie. It was fun since I wasn't expecting much.

05.30.2011, 12:55 AM fenkashi is offline   Profile for fenkashi Add fenkashi to your buddy list
husky51
The Old Guy

quote:
Originally posted by fenkashi
quote:

Lol I was singing Christmas carols today ... for some reason. xD

hahaha, fen, I sometimes break out in singing carols to myself as well, anytime of the year.. In fact, believe it or not, I did so just a few days ago... I think that they are just a 'feel good' kind of tune...
====================================
Just finished watching an old animation called "The World of Hans Christian Anderson" and at the one part in the story where he (as a child) is telling the story of "the little match girl", it got to me. My eyes watered and I was trying to eat lunch and I couldn't swallow, I got so choked up. The way it was presented was just too much...

I don't know who animated it other than it said the Hal Roach Studios, but that was way long ago. going to check it out and see for sure...

according to Wiki, it was made in 1958 at Toei Studios and they partnered in the dubbing for the American release in 1960...

Post last edited by husky51 on 05.30.2011, 11:48 PM.

05.30.2011, 12:19 PM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
hopexx5
Totoro

Registration Date: 01.17.11
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by hopexx5 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Kiki's delivery service, laputa castle in the sky, my neighbor totoro, howls moving castle.

05.30.2011, 06:21 PM hopexx5 is offline   Profile for hopexx5 Add hopexx5 to your buddy list
husky51
The Old Guy

"The New Police Story" with Jackie Chan...

some interesting extras...

===================================

"Gone to Texas" with Sam Elliot a roughly put together biography of Sam Houston

Post last edited by husky51 on 06.01.2011, 01:13 AM.

05.30.2011, 11:49 PM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
Kemi
Totoro

The Big Bang Theory, season 2 and The Borgias, season 1

Two completely different series, but both wonderful and addictive in their own way <3

06.07.2011, 09:02 AM Kemi is offline   Profile for Kemi Add Kemi to your buddy list
Unregistered User

Registration Date:
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Just watched Super 8. Stunning film. The child actors kind of reminded me of The Goonies. They were fantastic actors. I won't say anything beyond that because of possible spoilers, but I HIGHLY recommend seeing it, in the cinema preferably.

Post last edited by on 06.11.2011, 08:01 PM.

06.11.2011, 08:01 PM  
fenkashi
Dibs on Supreme Overlord

X-Men: First Class. So lovely.

06.12.2011, 01:19 AM fenkashi is offline   Profile for fenkashi Add fenkashi to your buddy list
[  «    ...  58  59  60  61  62  63  64  65  66  ...    »  ]   « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to:

Online Ghibli
Ghibli Tavern is powered by WoltLab, hosted by Teragon Networks