QuickLink:
Ghibli Tavern - What Movie(s) did you watch today?
Home Register Frequently Asked Questions Search Members List Moderators and Administrators
Ghibli Tavern » - Tavern » General Discussions » What Movie(s) did you watch today? » Hello Guest [register|login]
« Previous Thread | Next Thread » Print Page | Recommend to Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Author
Post [  «    ...  49  50  51  52  53  54  55  56  57  ...    »  ]
fenkashi
Dibs on Supreme Overlord

Registration Date: 08.12.07
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by fenkashi Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

I've been watching too many movies.

Easy A
Due Date
Going the Distance
The Social Network
I Love You Philip Morris
Despicable Me

I liked them all (except Going the Distance - it was a little like watching an extended version of the trailer...predictable and meh), but none of them were those watch more than once movies.

11.17.2010, 03:30 AM fenkashi is offline   Profile for fenkashi Add fenkashi to your buddy list
Nausicaa_Cat
Baron

Registration Date: 10.02.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Nausicaa_Cat Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

I went on a little Korean romcom spree over the past few days, (prompted by FFF's suggestion of Antique Bakery) and watched 100 Days with Mr Annoying and My Sassy Girl. I hasten to add, these films should not be judged by their titles :') They were cute and funny, and sometimes even touching. I particularly liked My Sassy Girl. Funnily enough, now I think about it, they're pretty similar films just with the gender role reversed...Anyway, I've decided I really like what I've seen of Korean cinema. It's, for lack of a better word, fun.

11.17.2010, 04:31 PM Nausicaa_Cat is offline   Profile for Nausicaa_Cat Add Nausicaa_Cat to your buddy list
jusomekid
Ohmu

Registration Date: 06.21.10
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by jusomekid Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

100 days with mr arrogant was a great movie! loved it! reminds me of someone and my sassy girl! one of my favorites!!! Jeon Ji-Hyun is my favorite korean actress.

Also you should watch Baby and Me if you haven't already... another good korean movie. and The Beast and the Beauty.

I watched Stranger - Mukou Hadan.. it was a great anime movie!

11.19.2010, 12:59 AM jusomekid is offline   Profile for jusomekid Add jusomekid to your buddy list
Loscil
Baron

Registration Date: 08.06.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Loscil Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

It's strange that when you study film making, you have to watch films for you dissertation. But then, you can't be bothered – so you watch another film to procrastinate from watching films.

Been going to the cinema a lot. Saw HP7(1) yesterday. Was good.

And then watching very old German films for my dissertation.

11.20.2010, 07:37 PM Loscil is offline   Profile for Loscil Add Loscil to your buddy list Send an Email to Loscil
fenkashi
Dibs on Supreme Overlord

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by fenkashi Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Saw the first part of HP7 today! It was loads of fun. Weird being in a full theater for the first time in ages.

I kinda wish they'd just kept going and shown both parts together...seemed to go by really fast.

11.21.2010, 12:45 AM fenkashi is offline   Profile for fenkashi Add fenkashi to your buddy list
Nausicaa_Cat
Baron

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Nausicaa_Cat Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

I saw HP7 on friday and it was good, but it did kind of feel like half a film to me. I'd rather have sat through an extra hour and a half and just had them editing the two parts into one long film. I saw Phantom of the Opera in the cinema and that was over three hours or something crazy.

I watched The Beast and the Beauty jusome I loved it! It was one of the funnier ones I've seen. I loved the gang member character.

Last night I watched Oldboy - it was phenomenal. I was watching it thinking "this can not be by the director of I'm a Cyborg But That's OK'. Talk about versatile! It was just an amazing, amazing film. Every second of it felt crafted, the cinematography was beautiful and the plot twists kept me gasping - and there was a hint of Chan-wook Park's quirkiness in a train scene with a giant ant. The ending was perfection as well, a moral mindfield unfolding in a field of snow. Beautiful.

11.21.2010, 05:57 AM Nausicaa_Cat is offline   Profile for Nausicaa_Cat Add Nausicaa_Cat to your buddy list
fenkashi
Dibs on Supreme Overlord

I watched Metropolis (anime) today.

11.22.2010, 01:27 AM fenkashi is offline   Profile for fenkashi Add fenkashi to your buddy list
Mush
Baron

Registration Date: 07.30.07
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Mush Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Metropolis confused me, though maybe I just didn't understand it.

I saw a movie called "Train Man" (Densha no otoko), about an otaku who meets a girl when he rescues her from an abusive drunk on a train.

It was really endearing! The acting was sometimes a little thick, but I really started to adore the main character. And cleaned up, he was pretty cute too...!

11.22.2010, 04:17 AM Mush is offline   Profile for Mush Add Mush to your buddy list
fenkashi
Dibs on Supreme Overlord

Lol, you're not alone. It is a bit confusing but I like it anyways.

And Densha Otoko was super cute. I didn't think I would like it but I really did.

11.22.2010, 04:25 AM fenkashi is offline   Profile for fenkashi Add fenkashi to your buddy list
husky51
The Old Guy

Registration Date: 03.17.08
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by husky51 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

It's funny about the Densha Otoko mangas...

When I was getting all those lots of manga a while back, I received two separate manga, one titled "Densha Otoko" by Hitori Nakano and Wataru Watanabe. The other was titled "Train Man" with the words Densha Otoko underneath the Train Man letters. At the bottom of the cover it says: Hidenori Hara, based on Densha Otoko by Hitori Nakano...

The first is published by CMT Comedy and the second by Viz Media. The artwork is different in the Viz book znd also mentions the movie...

I have got to get back to reading them, I started, but got side tracked by something, but I knew right where they were...

If you think the movie was worthwhile, I might try and get it... I see by the pic in the manga that it was apparently live-action?

11.22.2010, 06:58 AM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
fenkashi
Dibs on Supreme Overlord

Yes it was, you should try it. It has quite a following.

I watched How to Train Your Dragon while doing homework. I'd watched it when it first came out but it's so adorable. I love the scene where the dragon and the kid get to be friends. Forbidden Friendship is such a pretty track. ^^

11.23.2010, 02:49 AM fenkashi is offline   Profile for fenkashi Add fenkashi to your buddy list
husky51
The Old Guy

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by husky51 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

I found the movie on Netflix and it's next in my queue.

Saw Harry Potter last evening and I enjoyed it... Can't hardly wait for the rest of it...

Gotta go now, work!!!

Later...

11.23.2010, 08:41 AM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
husky51
The Old Guy

I watched 'The Last Airbender' ...

It was alright and had a good deal of action, but I just didn't really enjoy it...

Also watch 'Toy Story Three' and that was a horse of a different color. I totally liked it and the ending had tears flowing from both eyes... Very poignant...

11.27.2010, 03:38 AM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
Mush
Baron

Registration Date: 07.30.07
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Mush Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

I saw Toy Story 3 too quite recently. I had to fight so hard not to cry when I saw it! Aww...

My face was all scrunched up and buried in my elbow sleeves.

Good movie.

11.27.2010, 03:44 AM Mush is offline   Profile for Mush Add Mush to your buddy list
husky51
The Old Guy

quote:
Originally posted by Mushka
I saw Toy Story 3 too quite recently. I had to fight so hard not to cry when I saw it! Aww...

My face was all scrunched up and buried in my elbow sleeves.

Good movie.

Hahaha, why fight it, it is a natural emotion and I'm sure if others were around you, many were in that same position of wanting to cry. I just let the tears flow and MOP up afterwards, lol

11.27.2010, 11:45 AM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
Animenewbie
Calcifer

Registration Date: 10.24.10
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Animenewbie Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

So I watched Deathly hallows part 1 today. I enjoyed it just as much as any other Harry Potter film. Still it was out of my head the moment I stepped out of the cinema. Maybe I would enjoy them more if I hadn't read the books? I don't know but i feel like the movie didn't give me everything I wanted from it. Although it did recreate the same sad feeling I got when I read the book at the part where Ron and Harry had the fight.

Post last edited by Animenewbie on 11.27.2010, 06:10 PM.

11.27.2010, 06:09 PM Animenewbie is offline   Profile for Animenewbie Add Animenewbie to your buddy list
husky51
The Old Guy

ssshhhh!!! need to post a disclaimer before revealing anything about the movies that others have not seem yet...

Oh yeah, can't get the time to see it tomorrow because of work hours, but I plan to see 'Tangled' on Monday... My oldest son said the previews looked good...

Post last edited by husky51 on 11.28.2010, 04:40 AM.

11.28.2010, 04:38 AM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
Nausicaa_Cat
Baron

I watched How To Train Your Dragon last night, I had reasonably high expectations about it from what I'd heard and I wasn't dissapointed! It wasn't sensational filmmaking, but it was very cute and funny, Toothless was damn adorable.

So now I'm watching Dragonheart classssic!

11.28.2010, 07:37 AM Nausicaa_Cat is offline   Profile for Nausicaa_Cat Add Nausicaa_Cat to your buddy list
Kemi
Totoro

Registration Date: 05.25.09
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Kemi Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

This week:

Narnia: Prince Caspian (ít's okay, nice shots but TOO LONG!!)

Tudors Episode 1 of Season 4 (not really a movie but my favourite series at the moment so..it's beautiful)

The Lovely Bones (which I found fascinating, original story and nice actors)

Amadeus (the movie of 1984, I saw it on VHS but the movie was still beautiful and the actor who played Mozart played it very good, he was such a childish, bit of a dirty little man and the actor portrayed his life in the most amazing way)

aaanddddd:

Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows pt. 1 (It was exhiting, scary and amazing. I only hated the end, I want more now! Really. Best HP in my opinion)

11.28.2010, 07:52 AM Kemi is offline   Profile for Kemi Add Kemi to your buddy list
fenkashi
Dibs on Supreme Overlord

Omg, I need to stop.

This all started because I watched The Next Three Days (which actually had some really good moments) with a friend. And we apparently had not had enough of movies so came home and watched Ocean's 11, 12 and 13 and Dogma. And somehow transitioned to princess stories.

Sleeping Beauty and Cinderella and The Swan Princess (even though it's not really Disney...) and then the first twenty minutes of The Swan Princess 2 (apparently there's a third part as well...).

And then we returned to Disney...Brother Bear. And then we watched the sequel. Haha, I don't actually remember what kind of reviews it got but I liked it. Some moments were a bit much (especially in the sequel - but hey, it's a Disney sequel) but it was also really sweet. Coda <3.

11.28.2010, 08:16 AM fenkashi is offline   Profile for fenkashi Add fenkashi to your buddy list
[  «    ...  49  50  51  52  53  54  55  56  57  ...    »  ]   « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to:

Online Ghibli
Ghibli Tavern is powered by WoltLab, hosted by Teragon Networks