QuickLink:
Ghibli Tavern - What Movie(s) did you watch today?
Home Register Frequently Asked Questions Search Members List Moderators and Administrators
Ghibli Tavern » - Tavern » General Discussions » What Movie(s) did you watch today? » Hello Guest [register|login]
« Previous Thread | Next Thread » Print Page | Recommend to Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Author
Post [  «    ...  44  45  46  47  48  49  50  51  52  ...    »  ]
Kemi
Totoro

Registration Date: 05.25.09
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Kemi Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

I went to the cinema with my collagues (or how do you spell it?) yesterday to see Shrek Forever After.

Not as brilliant and original as the first movie, but still hilarious at times! It was a bit of a short movie but an excellent close chapter, very funny story And loved Donkey and Puss as always

07.30.2010, 06:56 AM Kemi is offline   Profile for Kemi Add Kemi to your buddy list
Nausicaa_Cat
Baron

Registration Date: 10.02.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Nausicaa_Cat Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

I just watched Gangs of New York again...

...And I was reminded of why it's one of my favourite movies. I'm too tired to properly write about it, but god do I love that film.

07.30.2010, 09:16 PM Nausicaa_Cat is offline   Profile for Nausicaa_Cat Add Nausicaa_Cat to your buddy list
jusomekid
Ohmu

Registration Date: 06.21.10
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by jusomekid Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Hear Me
Mandarin movie
Awesome! Can't believe I didn't watch it sooner...

07.31.2010, 04:52 PM jusomekid is offline   Profile for jusomekid Add jusomekid to your buddy list
Liaam :)
Kodama

Registration Date: 04.16.10
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Liaam :) Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

it was quite a while ago, but. toy story 3. Absoloutly amazinnggness. The end was so sad
OMG totoro was in it loads!

07.31.2010, 04:54 PM Liaam :) is offline   Profile for Liaam :) Add Liaam :) to your buddy list AIM Screenname: Sorry, not telling.
Nausicaa_Cat
Baron

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Nausicaa_Cat Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

I watched Paranormal Activity and The Libertine last night. PA had me, screaming, in fact towards the end my eyes actually welled up with tears I was that frightened. Scary, scary stuff. The Libertine was...interesting. I liked Johnny Depp in it, he always plays his roles very honestly and passionately and that definitely came through.

08.01.2010, 08:32 AM Nausicaa_Cat is offline   Profile for Nausicaa_Cat Add Nausicaa_Cat to your buddy list
arren18
Administrator

Registration Date: 08.15.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by arren18 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

The Girl With the Dragon Tattoo. Not exactly pleasant viewing, but a great adaptation, altering aspects in just the right way so as to make the plot not so complicated, and a great film in its own right. I almost wish I hadn't seen it so soon after reading the book, as I think I might've compared them a bit too much.

Anyway, the second film will be out in cinemas later this month and I might get a chance to see it. I'd better finish the book first though.

08.01.2010, 05:36 PM arren18 is offline   Profile for arren18 Add arren18 to your buddy list Homepage of arren18
Mush
Baron

Registration Date: 07.30.07
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Mush Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

I watched "the Place Promised in our Early Days" today. But I didn't like it very much. Not sure if I should write a full review, since it'd probably be quite negative. I liked the setting, but the girl was too... mopey, and the movie felt like a slideshow of stunning landscapes. Which were pretty.

I saw "Inception" recently, which was absolutely fantastic. The way they kept describing the complex rules of their alternate reality, I highly expected that movie to go off the rails at some point, but it never did. I really enjoyed it for that... the complexity, which still makes sense. In fact a lot of what they described matched my own observations of my dreams in ways I didn't expect, which I found really interesting. Recently I've become interested in dreams...

I also saw Iron Man 2, which I wouldn't describe as a fantastic movie, but I would say it's always a good source of inspiration. I'd re-watch it just to take notes on the computer interfaces. Heh

08.02.2010, 03:24 AM Mush is offline   Profile for Mush Add Mush to your buddy list
Nausicaa_Cat
Baron

I watched Jarhead last night! It was...interesting. I don't really like war films, in fact I tend to stay away from them as a rule but I saw a trailer for this awhile back and I thought i'd give it a go. I'm really glad I did because it surprised me. It definitely wasn't your typical war movie, for reasons i'd think best not to state simply because I think it might spoil it. It's nice seeing Jake Glylenhaal in a less indie-king role then usual, he made a good soldier.

I also watched The Mask again for the bazillionth time can't go wrong there.

08.02.2010, 06:56 AM Nausicaa_Cat is offline   Profile for Nausicaa_Cat Add Nausicaa_Cat to your buddy list
fenkashi
Dibs on Supreme Overlord

Registration Date: 08.12.07
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by fenkashi Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

I'm watching Finding Nemo. So cute ^^

And I watched the Hurt Locker last night. A lot of people don't like but I enjoyed it.

08.02.2010, 03:25 PM fenkashi is offline   Profile for fenkashi Add fenkashi to your buddy list
husky51
The Old Guy

Registration Date: 03.17.08
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by husky51 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Watched Whisper of the Heart again, but for the first time in English dub... wasn't too bad... But I DO prefer the Japanese voices, thank you very much...

08.02.2010, 03:28 PM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
arren18
Administrator

Registration Date: 08.15.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by arren18 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

I watched Terminator Salvation today. It was pretty good, but I think it took itself too seriously, and it just isn't the same without Arnie.

08.03.2010, 12:42 PM arren18 is offline   Profile for arren18 Add arren18 to your buddy list Homepage of arren18
Kemi
Totoro

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Kemi Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

..And watched Shrek 4 again! This time with the whole family, again in 3D. It was so much fun

08.03.2010, 02:17 PM Kemi is offline   Profile for Kemi Add Kemi to your buddy list
Nausicaa_Cat
Baron

I watched Up In The Air yesterday! I thought it was going to be a witty comedy, one of those films you can just sit back and enjoy George Clooney's handsome schmoozing. So not the case. It turned out to be very thought-provoking and very sad, to be honest. It shows modern day's business-obsessed career men/women in a wistful light. I liked it.

08.03.2010, 05:47 PM Nausicaa_Cat is offline   Profile for Nausicaa_Cat Add Nausicaa_Cat to your buddy list
Aeroflot
Kodama

Registration Date: 08.02.10
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Aeroflot Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Watched Close Encounters of a Third Kind with my mom and grandma. They actually liked it. Not their type of movie.

Steven Spielberg has awesome skills

08.03.2010, 10:45 PM Aeroflot is offline   Profile for Aeroflot Add Aeroflot to your buddy list
husky51
The Old Guy

Registration Date: 03.17.08
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by husky51 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

watched Totoro again....

08.04.2010, 12:42 AM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
Miyrru
Graphic Designer

Registration Date: 08.16.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Miyrru Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by Nausicaa_Cat
I watched Up In The Air yesterday! I thought it was going to be a witty comedy, one of those films you can just sit back and enjoy George Clooney's handsome schmoozing. So not the case. It turned out to be very thought-provoking and very sad, to be honest. It shows modern day's business-obsessed career men/women in a wistful light. I liked it.

I loved Up in the Air, I was really pulling for it to win the Best Picture Oscar, but Hurt Locker was a worthy choice. Basically any non-Avatar film would have been a good choice.

I saw Inception yesterday, I have nothing new to say about it. It was just awesome, best movie ive seen this year thus far.

Click for Gallery^^
The truth had to be seen. Anything else was a story, entertaining but more embroidered fib then crude, shapeless fact. ~Dave Eggers

08.04.2010, 01:07 PM Miyrru is offline   Profile for Miyrru Add Miyrru to your buddy list Send an Email to Miyrru
Kemi
Totoro

I become more curious everyday about Inception, thanks to you guys!

08.04.2010, 02:25 PM Kemi is offline   Profile for Kemi Add Kemi to your buddy list
Aeroflot
Kodama

Registration Date: 08.02.10
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Aeroflot Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by husky51
watched Totoro again....

Are you ashamed to admit it? Sounds like a good idea really.

08.04.2010, 08:07 PM Aeroflot is offline   Profile for Aeroflot Add Aeroflot to your buddy list
colda
Tanuki

Registration Date: 11.12.09
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by colda Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

I watched both Shaolin Soccer and Big Fish for the first time, it was a good movie night IMO.

08.05.2010, 04:30 PM colda is offline   Profile for colda Add colda to your buddy list
Sigy
Kodama

Registration Date: 07.17.10
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Sigy Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

I watched today 2 korean movies( one my friend is a big fan of asian dramas and because of her i have started to watch them too this week i have watched already 3 )

The first movie was A Moment to Remember and second one Humming ... sad movies

Keep smiling!!!!

08.05.2010, 05:06 PM Sigy is offline   Profile for Sigy Add Sigy to your buddy list
[  «    ...  44  45  46  47  48  49  50  51  52  ...    »  ]   « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to:

Online Ghibli
Ghibli Tavern is powered by WoltLab, hosted by Teragon Networks