QuickLink:
Ghibli Tavern - What Movie(s) did you watch today?
Home Register Frequently Asked Questions Search Members List Moderators and Administrators
Ghibli Tavern » - Tavern » General Discussions » What Movie(s) did you watch today? » Hello Guest [register|login]
« Previous Thread | Next Thread » Print Page | Recommend to Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Author
Post [  «    ...  77  78  79  80  81  82  83  84  85  ...    »  ]
Saddletank
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Registration Date: 09.28.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Saddletank Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Need a video of that!

"An old man like me stands no chance fighting against a high school girl in her underwear" - Oshino Meme, Nekomonogatari (Kuro)

07.04.2014, 05:45 AM Saddletank is offline   Profile for Saddletank Add Saddletank to your buddy list Send an Email to Saddletank
husky51
The Old Guy

Registration Date: 03.17.08
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by husky51 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

I second Saddles' statement...

video! video!!! Video!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

edit:

watched Ocean Waves again....

Post last edited by husky51 on 07.04.2014, 09:16 PM.

07.04.2014, 01:36 PM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
hunters moon
Calcifer

Registration Date: 05.15.14
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by hunters moon Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by Tea Master Tall
quote:
Originally posted by hunters moon
PAN'S LABYRINTH by GUILLERMO del TORO.
REGARDS, J

THIS IS ONE OF MY FAVORITE MOVIES EVER! I once dressed up as the Pale Man for Halloween. Then I ate my eyeballs out of my hands, because they were made of delicious chocolate.

it's also one of my favourite films tea master, by the way have you seen del toro's(CRONOS)?.
regards J .

07.05.2014, 02:19 AM hunters moon is offline   Profile for hunters moon Add hunters moon to your buddy list
arren18
Administrator

Registration Date: 08.15.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by arren18 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Ahh, I love Pan's Labyrinth too. I should really rewatch it some time. I last saw it ages ago. I've never seen Cronos, but I have watched The Devil's Backbone, which I also enjoyed a lot.

07.05.2014, 02:36 AM arren18 is offline   Profile for arren18 Add arren18 to your buddy list Homepage of arren18
hunters moon
Calcifer

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by hunters moon Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by arren18
Ahh, I love Pan's Labyrinth too. I should really rewatch it some time. I last saw it ages ago. I've never seen Cronos, but I have watched The Devil's Backbone, which I also enjoyed a lot.

arren sorry to-say I have not as yet seen the devil's backbone I will have to look out for it, but I did recently
watch del toro's don't be afraid of the dark, I think a classic
del toro great movie with some genuinely creepy scenes.
regards J

07.06.2014, 11:46 PM hunters moon is offline   Profile for hunters moon Add hunters moon to your buddy list
Roarkiller
Your Daddy-O

Registration Date: 06.03.03
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Roarkiller Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

I'm more into docu-movies nowadays, even though it's rare to see good ones. I saw "Toxic Hot Seat" a while back, which is a real eye opener, though not unexpected for me, to the truths of flame retardants.

Honestly the science of fire breakouts are so lagging it's not even funny. One article I read about the "science" of detecting arson was even more shocking due to the number of people arrested for it, even though the "science" behind it were all bull with zero studies or statistics behind it.

No one else is me.

Roarkiller.net
Isakaya High RPG Site

quote:
Originally posted by fenkashi
Screw your opinions, they are not relevant ^^.

07.07.2014, 12:56 AM Roarkiller is offline   Profile for Roarkiller Add Roarkiller to your buddy list Homepage of Roarkiller
Saddletank
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Saddletank Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

I started watching Outlander last night. Stayed with it for about 30 minutes until I couldn't bear it any more and stopped.

Saddletank's Recommendation: Avoid. Life is too precious to waste 120 minutes on things like this.

"An old man like me stands no chance fighting against a high school girl in her underwear" - Oshino Meme, Nekomonogatari (Kuro)

07.07.2014, 08:11 AM Saddletank is offline   Profile for Saddletank Add Saddletank to your buddy list Send an Email to Saddletank
Roarkiller
Your Daddy-O

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Roarkiller Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by Saddletank
I started watching Outlander last night. Stayed with it for about 30 minutes until I couldn't bear it any more and stopped.

Saddletank's Recommendation: Avoid. Life is too precious to waste 120 minutes on things like this.

I googled the title. I think the combination of "vikings" and "aliens" in a "Beowulf" setting would give you an accurate idea of how "ugh" it might be.

No one else is me.

Roarkiller.net
Isakaya High RPG Site

quote:

07.08.2014, 12:58 AM Roarkiller is offline   Profile for Roarkiller Add Roarkiller to your buddy list Homepage of Roarkiller
Saddletank
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Combined with very mediocre acting and a director who clearly wanted his Vikings to be LotR Rohan Rider wannabes, the whole mishmash was dire.

07.08.2014, 07:19 AM Saddletank is offline   Profile for Saddletank Add Saddletank to your buddy list Send an Email to Saddletank
hunters moon
Calcifer

L.A.CONFIDNTIAL. a great neo-noir film taken from
a novel by JAMES ELLROY.
regards J .

07.08.2014, 10:50 PM hunters moon is offline   Profile for hunters moon Add hunters moon to your buddy list
husky51
The Old Guy

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by husky51 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Can we guess what movie I am watching at the moment???

07.10.2014, 04:06 PM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
Saddletank
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Yes, we can guess.

Oh.

Do you want us to guess?

Post last edited by Saddletank on 07.10.2014, 05:46 PM.

07.10.2014, 05:45 PM Saddletank is offline   Profile for Saddletank Add Saddletank to your buddy list Send an Email to Saddletank
husky51
The Old Guy

Naw, I think with this motley crew in the Tavern, everyone can probably figure it out on their own... If not, they'll ask...

07.10.2014, 08:27 PM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
Saddletank
Miyazaki's Best Friend

That banging door is really annoying me. My urge to prop it open or slam it in that tabby's face is overwhelming. Cannot. Watch. Any. More.

07.11.2014, 06:54 AM Saddletank is offline   Profile for Saddletank Add Saddletank to your buddy list Send an Email to Saddletank
husky51
The Old Guy

hahahha, my work here is done....lol

07.11.2014, 11:23 AM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
hunters moon
Calcifer

WOODSTOCK,music and art fair 1969.
some of the greatest bands of my life time.
regards J

07.17.2014, 05:11 AM hunters moon is offline   Profile for hunters moon Add hunters moon to your buddy list
hunters moon
Calcifer

MARTIN SCORSESE'S-HUGO.
if you have not seen this film, then look for it I don't think
you will be disappointed.
regards J

07.21.2014, 12:27 AM hunters moon is offline   Profile for hunters moon Add hunters moon to your buddy list
Saddletank
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Rush by Ron Howard. What a superb story, it got into the minds of the two drivers extremely well.

07.21.2014, 06:17 AM Saddletank is offline   Profile for Saddletank Add Saddletank to your buddy list Send an Email to Saddletank
Roarkiller
Your Daddy-O

Four Horsemen.

Not to be confused with the movie about magic, this is a docu-movie about the financial ruinous state we are in. Quite a good movie.

No one else is me.

Roarkiller.net
Isakaya High RPG Site

quote:

07.21.2014, 11:00 PM Roarkiller is offline   Profile for Roarkiller Add Roarkiller to your buddy list Homepage of Roarkiller
arren18
Administrator

Registration Date: 08.15.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by arren18 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Omoide no Marnie.

I liked it! It was an improvement over Arrietty, and luckily the language was pretty easy to follow. I'll post more about it in the relevant thread some time soon.

07.23.2014, 09:48 AM arren18 is offline   Profile for arren18 Add arren18 to your buddy list Homepage of arren18
[  «    ...  77  78  79  80  81  82  83  84  85  ...    »  ]   « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to:

Online Ghibli
Ghibli Tavern is powered by WoltLab, hosted by Teragon Networks