QuickLink:
Ghibli Tavern - What Manga series are you reading right now
Home Register Frequently Asked Questions Search Members List Moderators and Administrators
Ghibli Tavern » - Anime » Anime in General » What Manga series are you reading right now » Hello Guest [register|login]
« Previous Thread | Next Thread » Print Page | Recommend to Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Author
Post [  «    ...  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  16  ...    »  ]
Yay! Kiki
Baron

Registration Date: 04.06.08
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Yay! Kiki Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Tsubasa! Haha, now that it's ended I've started reading it lol. Backwards. But it is realllllly good.

11.08.2009, 02:23 AM Yay! Kiki is offline   Profile for Yay! Kiki Add Yay! Kiki to your buddy list
husky51
The Old Guy

Registration Date: 03.17.08
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by husky51 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

hahaha, at the library they had Yotsuba&! #4 and I liked it so much that I have started getting the manga series. I bought some so that I can donate the duplicates to the library for others to enjoy...

Meanwhile, I have just finished #1 and when I'm done online, I will read #2...

11.22.2009, 01:06 PM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
foreignfilmfreak
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Registration Date: 10.02.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by foreignfilmfreak Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Hana no Namae ~ I chose to read this series on a whim. I thought it was one I'd overlooked before.. yet when I reached the final pages of chapter 12, my throat choked up badly.

I don't know, it's something about these depressing stories that are full of the darkness of the human mind that get to me so badly. It's terrifying. And this is one of the few series that manages to pull that feeling out of me. Although it's meant to be a light hearted romance series, I feel.. it's much more than a romance to me. I guess it's because I relate to Chou, but.. Seeing her, seeing Kei, seeing the others and their pasts, I don't see how I'm able to relate when I haven't faced what they have in their short lives.

It's amazing what this series is doing to me. But, this is also the manga of a novelist. I wondered how someone could ever get bored so quickly of this series.. it just doesn't make sense. Yes, I wondered "why does the first chapter move so quickly?" but as I read on, it became more intriguing.

Ah, and these are ordinary people. If what happened to Kei and Chou when they were younger hadn't occurred, maybe things would be much better, but they never would've met. Even though they're relatives. They never would've loved. Chou would still be a shy girl searching for people to accept her, and Kei would be a distant man no longer the writer of the horrors and loves he's seen.

Dear lord, how messed up am I and the mangaka? I guess I relate to Shin-kun too..

12.10.2009, 08:13 PM foreignfilmfreak is offline   Profile for foreignfilmfreak Add foreignfilmfreak to your buddy list
husky51
The Old Guy

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by husky51 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Started reading "Wish", finished vol 1 and on 2 now...

12.13.2009, 10:00 PM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
Nausicaa_Cat
Baron

Registration Date: 10.02.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Nausicaa_Cat Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Read 'Papillion - Hana To Chou' new chapter!

I hate her. I actually hate her sister, and Kyuu?! I mean, what the hell? I don't know how i'd put up with it if I was Ageha, I mean he constantly seems to be betraying her trust or making her jealous. How is he going to explain himself out of this one? Bah she's better off with the other guy, the ex. Grrr.

12.27.2009, 01:57 PM Nausicaa_Cat is offline   Profile for Nausicaa_Cat Add Nausicaa_Cat to your buddy list
husky51
The Old Guy

Started reading the Chobits Manga again, between sessions with the Hayao Miyazaki book... relaxes my eyes from reading a non-fiction book, which I seldom do.

02.04.2010, 12:54 AM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
Roarkiller
Your Daddy-O

Registration Date: 06.03.03
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Roarkiller Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Gantz is starting to get interesting. For those of you who ahve at some point of time read the manga or seen the anime... think skyscraper-sized enemies ala Independence Day movie style.

No one else is me.

Roarkiller.net
Isakaya High RPG Site

quote:
Originally posted by fenkashi
Screw your opinions, they are not relevant ^^.

02.05.2010, 09:25 AM Roarkiller is offline   Profile for Roarkiller Add Roarkiller to your buddy list Homepage of Roarkiller
Kai12
Susuwatari

Registration Date: 02.16.10
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Kai12 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Mar =D omg i love it
Yonen Buzz
Trying to finish Fruits Basket

02.16.2010, 07:00 AM Kai12 is offline   Profile for Kai12 Add Kai12 to your buddy list
fenkashi
Dibs on Supreme Overlord

Registration Date: 08.12.07
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by fenkashi Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Bokura Ga Ita...this series is so sad. I always have to stop reading it because of all the heartbreak but so far, I've always picked it up again. I'm on the 11th volume now...

02.19.2010, 01:20 PM fenkashi is offline   Profile for fenkashi Add fenkashi to your buddy list
Tea Master Tall
Totoro

Registration Date: 04.01.07
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Tea Master Tall Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Miki Falls, by Mark Crilley. He's an american, but his wife's japanese. The main character Miki is named after her. So whether you consider it a manga or not it is still a great read. Here link: Clicky! ( ^ :

Check out my music:

02.20.2010, 05:44 PM Tea Master Tall is offline   Profile for Tea Master Tall Add Tea Master Tall to your buddy list Send an Email to Tea Master Tall
husky51
The Old Guy

I thought that title was familiar (Miki Falls)...
I read the library copy of "Miki Falls Spring" and bought the other three... Summer, Autumn and Winter...

a VERY GOOD series....
-----------------------------------------
got some books from the library that just came in... (I got an "in" with the gal in charge of them, lol) One is "Little Nemo", a newspaper cartoon series from around 1938 (NO, I'm NOT that old, lol)

then
"Weird Fishes" Jamaica Dyer
"Wonderland" Kovac and Liew
"In the Shadow of no Towers" Spiegelman

02.21.2010, 10:29 AM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
husky51
The Old Guy

just read 'Baron: The Cat Returns' and it was good... It is the same version that maggie has, I believe. my next one is 'The Cat Returns: picture book'... give my eyes a break... lol

03.22.2010, 01:11 PM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
maggie
Calcifer

Registration Date: 02.25.10
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by maggie Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

^ Yes, it probably is. I absolutely love it

I've currently started to read the Nausicaa manga. I've only read the first volume, but so far I am really impressed by how much more detailed it is than the movie. I can't wait to get volume 2!

03.22.2010, 06:34 PM maggie is offline   Profile for maggie Add maggie to your buddy list
husky51
The Old Guy

I felt the same way about "Chobits"... I understood the story so much better after I read the manga...

03.23.2010, 12:05 AM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
maggie
Calcifer

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by maggie Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

I picked up the first two volumes of Pokémon Adventures today I was flipping through them at a bookstore and thought they looked interesting, and I like Pokémon too...

I also recently picked up the Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past manga, which I will read soon (even though I've already read the scanlation, haha). I already own both Ocarina of Time volumes and the Majora's Mask volume. I hope to pick up the others someday too.

Post last edited by maggie on 03.24.2010, 11:08 PM.

03.24.2010, 11:07 PM maggie is offline   Profile for maggie Add maggie to your buddy list
Karawekhime14
Calcifer

Registration Date: 04.02.10
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Karawekhime14 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Read a very cute Manga the other day, very like Yotsuba&!, but a little less all about the fun. Its called Bunny Drop, only the first volume has been released in the US, so more waiting....

Also reading Spiral.

04.09.2010, 12:58 PM Karawekhime14 is offline   Profile for Karawekhime14 Add Karawekhime14 to your buddy list
kitsunejr
Warawara

Registration Date: 08.20.08
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by kitsunejr Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Im reading Arago, its fairly new. i started reading when it first came out because it looked interesting. . its not bad, not my favorite but it is rated higher than Death Note- My all time favorite which i disagree with XD

04.10.2010, 05:33 AM kitsunejr is offline   Profile for kitsunejr Add kitsunejr to your buddy list
Karawekhime14
Calcifer

Registration Date: 04.02.10
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Karawekhime14 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Reading Aozora Yell, if your a ghibli fan, as all of us are you will really enjoy this, IMO.
There are several references to Ghibli movies and stuff. It has a story thats like Whisper of the heart kinda.

04.16.2010, 05:55 PM Karawekhime14 is offline   Profile for Karawekhime14 Add Karawekhime14 to your buddy list
maggie
Calcifer

I got the second volume of Nausicaa, so I am currently reading that.

04.18.2010, 01:44 AM maggie is offline   Profile for maggie Add maggie to your buddy list
husky51
The Old Guy

none at the moment, but I have bid on a number of manga, so expect to be reading plenty in the near future...
======================================

won about 45 or so random manga today and waiting to hear about 20 more... we'll see.

already told the library in town to be expecting some soon...
===================
I bought a total of 114 manga vols today..... after I've gone thru the list a bit, I'll let you know what some of them are... I believe that a Nausicaa vol is in there somewhere...

no more DVDs or manga for a long while... lol

probably shouldn't of, but I did, so meh...

bad husky....

Post last edited by husky51 on 04.19.2010, 10:32 PM.

04.19.2010, 12:22 PM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
[  «    ...  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  16  ...    »  ]   « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to:

Online Ghibli
Ghibli Tavern is powered by WoltLab, hosted by Teragon Networks