QuickLink:
Ghibli Tavern - What Manga series are you reading right now
Home Register Frequently Asked Questions Search Members List Moderators and Administrators
Ghibli Tavern » - Anime » Anime in General » What Manga series are you reading right now » Hello Guest [register|login]
« Previous Thread | Next Thread » Print Page | Recommend to Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Author
Post [  «    ...  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  ...    »  ]
foreignfilmfreak
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Registration Date: 10.02.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by foreignfilmfreak Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Haven't read Blood yet.. I wanted my sister to first but she might be too young. XD

New chaptre of Maid-sama! out. <33 I somehow came to the conclusion Usui is meant to become a singer or something. XD I only say that because of all the mystery behind him. Well, he's something at least. He can sing well and cook well but lives all along in a huge ass apartment without anything. O_O;

And I read another manga by Aihara Miki. All her series include brothers. @__@;;;

The One is getting interesting~. >:3 And I'm starting to like all the characters.

Still haven't opened volume 10 of Pet Shop of Horrors. DX I love it too much to read it..

08.09.2009, 04:29 PM foreignfilmfreak is offline   Profile for foreignfilmfreak Add foreignfilmfreak to your buddy list
Kazegami
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Registration Date: 08.19.07
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Kazegami Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

I can't wait for the next chapter of D.Gray-man... man, it's been on hiatus since April. But it's out on the 17th! I wonder how long it'll take to scanlate... it's about fifty pages, so I've heard. Anyone know how long that'd take? FFF?

My Anime List

08.09.2009, 04:56 PM Kazegami is offline   Profile for Kazegami Add Kazegami to your buddy list
foreignfilmfreak
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by foreignfilmfreak Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Em, knowing it's popularity, I could go check for ya, who scanlates? D: I mean, it'll likely take a week, but since it's been on hiatus and with most scanlators, translators, and editors going back to school soon, it might be a bit tough for them to do, but granted there will be many people able to help. It all depends on who can scan the chaptre first. XD You can always view Chinese sites and blogs for the dishing of the new chaptre.

Read R.I.P. (Requiem of Phonybrian) and thought it was going to be silly. Somehow that mangaka always gets me thinking at the end. I almost cried. XD

08.09.2009, 05:28 PM foreignfilmfreak is offline   Profile for foreignfilmfreak Add foreignfilmfreak to your buddy list
Kazegami
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Kazegami Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Ehm... well, this is the credits page of the last chapter that was released:

http://www.onemanga.com/D.Gray-Man/186/credits/

My Anime List

08.09.2009, 05:37 PM Kazegami is offline   Profile for Kazegami Add Kazegami to your buddy list
foreignfilmfreak
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Check out the address. D: Most lurk on LJ in certain communities.

BTW, my friend owns the one shot volume by Kamatani Yuhki. T-T And she hasn't uploaded them at all yet except certain pages. I guess because she messed up the pages..

08.09.2009, 07:13 PM foreignfilmfreak is offline   Profile for foreignfilmfreak Add foreignfilmfreak to your buddy list
chriss
Kodama

Registration Date: 08.08.09
Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by chriss Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

well I was reading the absolute boyfriend with my friend alyssa but i started reading vampire knight

08.11.2009, 04:10 PM chriss is offline   Profile for chriss Add chriss to your buddy list Homepage of chriss
foreignfilmfreak
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Read chaptre 58 of The One and it's really starting to show the depth of the twins relationship. I wonder.. since they were separated how they began meeting. I can tell they have a strong bond since they're brothers, but Yin always seems like he's much older. I mean, both are very mature because of what happened to them during childhood, but they both are so different from the other. Yet they hold onto each other and I like that. ^^

Although, I hope to god neither get kidnapped and forced back to Sweden. If Yin does a whole new story will open up and it'll become more awesome, and I can see Lele and Long becoming close but also trying to help Yin. That is, if Yin is still the way he is in later chaptres, that he won't completely toss away Lele like she thinks. DX This is the only time I'd ever wish for her to become close with Long. I like all the characters so much lately..

D8 I can't even imagine Yin taking the place of Long. I can imagine what else with Long or Lele, but.. It's gonna be a mystery what occurs in Sweden.

08.15.2009, 11:18 PM foreignfilmfreak is offline   Profile for foreignfilmfreak Add foreignfilmfreak to your buddy list
Nausicaa_Cat
Baron

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Nausicaa_Cat Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

@FFF - Read chapter 58 yesterday as well Long is becoming more and more likeable! At first I thought he was just going to be the mischief-making obstacle between Lele and Yin but as the story goes on hes gaining so much more depth. I don't know which one I like more these days :3

08.23.2009, 01:19 PM Nausicaa_Cat is offline   Profile for Nausicaa_Cat Add Nausicaa_Cat to your buddy list
foreignfilmfreak
Miyazaki's Best Friend

I like Yin most. But I really like this relationship between the brother's. I can't wait for the next chaptre. X3

Reading the newest of Kuroshitsuji. Since the later chaptres have been quite morbid and dark, this was of such a different, calmer pace. It seems to really show the depth of Ciel's character. He's still a child inside, regardless of how he acts on the outside. When he proclaimed he was human to Sebastian, it felt very melancholic. I liked what tune she put with it too.

Now I wonder what will happen to Snake.. It was really a melancholic chapter that reflected some on who Ciel was..

08.29.2009, 10:45 PM foreignfilmfreak is offline   Profile for foreignfilmfreak Add foreignfilmfreak to your buddy list
Nausicaa_Cat
Baron

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Nausicaa_Cat Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Recently finished:

Koukou Debut - Oh my lord. Enjoyed this series SO SO MUCH. Haruna is adorable and so likeable whilst Yoh...Yoh is as beautifully bishie as it gets. I really like this mangaka's style! At times this series has made me literally laugh out loud and 'awwwwhh'. Very cute, very worth reading.

Recently reading:

Hana to Akuma - previously mentioned. as good as ever.

Fly High - I like it, but its just getting started really. Only a few chapters in. So far so good!

Hadashi de Bara wo Fume - LOVE. I LOVE. So good! Definitely recommend. Plotline is delicious. Only about 20 chapters in and we've already experienced so many romantic must-have scenario's :') e.g the Love Triangle, the Arranged Marriage (ish), the Rescue-From-Kidnappers.

So yeah.

09.03.2009, 04:51 AM Nausicaa_Cat is offline   Profile for Nausicaa_Cat Add Nausicaa_Cat to your buddy list
foreignfilmfreak
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Ha ha, I think my boyfriend likes Koukou Debut. XD He really loves Absolute Boyfriend. (fun with having a boyfriend who was previously gay)

Hadashi de Bara wa Fume... I believe I was also reading that if that's the title of the series I can't remember. XD

If you like arranged marriage, there's this really cute series (which I suck to not remember the title ;o; Starts with an O) about a girl from a traditional Japanese family who has been engaged from birth to a boy who's birthday is the same day as hers, at the same time, at the same second. Each year until near here 18th when her wedding is to take place on their birthday, she is given a photo of him. But when he is suddenly gagged and put into the house against his will, she discovers he had no clue about the marriage!

Here is that series. XD
http://www.mangafox.com/manga/ojou_sama_wa_oyome_sama/
And I need to read Biyaku Cafe... DX

EDIT: Yeah, I've read a few chapters of Hadashi de Bara wa Fume. I liked the style at first but unfortunately couldn't get caught up in it.

I was thinking of a series similar to the title, about a girl with super strength who is suddenly proposed to by a rich, crazy, obnoxious boy named Ran. XD Oh my god, I love it. I like it for the comedy. His character reminds me of Tamaki from Ouran and Miyavi put together.

Here's that manga~.
http://www.mangafox.com/manga/hana_ni_arashi/

Some cute series I suggest for lovers of Akuma to Hana (btw, the drama CD is out and on YT~. Just read the first chapters along with it and you'll see who's voices are who. ^^) is Mademoiselle Butterly and Hachimitsu no Hana.

HnH ~ http://www.mangafox.com/manga/hachimitsu_no_hana/

Here's my favourite josei at the moment, Cousin. ^^
http://www.mangafox.com/manga/cousin/

Post last edited by foreignfilmfreak on 09.03.2009, 10:04 AM.

09.03.2009, 09:51 AM foreignfilmfreak is offline   Profile for foreignfilmfreak Add foreignfilmfreak to your buddy list
Miyrru
Graphic Designer

Registration Date: 08.16.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Miyrru Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Normally I dont read manga ever, but as I was waiting for the subs for the new ep of Saki, the group that was doing it was also scanlating a yuri manga called Girl Friends. I figured id maybe kill some time on it but ended up tearing through 4 volumes in one day. It has been pretty enjoyable and cute.

Click for Gallery^^
The truth had to be seen. Anything else was a story, entertaining but more embroidered fib then crude, shapeless fact. ~Dave Eggers

09.06.2009, 12:01 PM Miyrru is offline   Profile for Miyrru Add Miyrru to your buddy list Send an Email to Miyrru
Nausicaa_Cat
Baron

I read Cousin! It's...interesting. I do like it but i'm finding it hard to adjust since it's so different from what I normally read I'm used to shoujo, with beautiful girls, even more beautiful boys and unrealistic sweeping romances. It's my first time trying Josei I'll stick with it though, i'm interested to see what'll happen next.

09.06.2009, 12:13 PM Nausicaa_Cat is offline   Profile for Nausicaa_Cat Add Nausicaa_Cat to your buddy list
Kazegami
Miyazaki's Best Friend

I hear that Tsubasa: RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE is finally ending. I thought this day would never come. I guess I'll pick it up again just to see how it all ends; I dropped it a while ago because it got too confusing..

My Anime List

09.15.2009, 02:31 AM Kazegami is offline   Profile for Kazegami Add Kazegami to your buddy list
foreignfilmfreak
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Embarrassingly, I've also read Girl Friends. ^^;

And yay~. Someone who will read josei with me.

I keep telling you girls, READ KARNEVAL. Or at least Are You Alice?. X3

09.15.2009, 03:30 PM foreignfilmfreak is offline   Profile for foreignfilmfreak Add foreignfilmfreak to your buddy list
Nausicaa_Cat
Baron

Links to Are You Alice ?

09.15.2009, 03:43 PM Nausicaa_Cat is offline   Profile for Nausicaa_Cat Add Nausicaa_Cat to your buddy list
foreignfilmfreak
Miyazaki's Best Friend

http://www.mangafox.com/manga/are_you_alice/

As you can tell, I like me some josei. XD Heh heh. I claim Cheshire Cat~. It's based off a drama CD.

09.15.2009, 04:26 PM foreignfilmfreak is offline   Profile for foreignfilmfreak Add foreignfilmfreak to your buddy list
Nausicaa_Cat
Baron

Wow the artworks amazing on it

Just finished reading 'Power' some good ol' gender bending shoujo fun really enjoyed it! very cute and funny. Great charachters.

09.17.2009, 04:33 PM Nausicaa_Cat is offline   Profile for Nausicaa_Cat Add Nausicaa_Cat to your buddy list
foreignfilmfreak
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Currently reading Kimi wa Petto (English language title for Tokyopop is Tramps Like Us XD). Oh god, it's adorable. D8

09.18.2009, 09:58 AM foreignfilmfreak is offline   Profile for foreignfilmfreak Add foreignfilmfreak to your buddy list
Nausicaa_Cat
Baron

I'm reading Beauty I clicked on it at first because it was a new updated and sounded promisingly shoujo-y

But it said it was mature so I was a bit :S Hentai not really being my thing...But I liked the sound of the storyline and the artwork so I decided to give it a go!

Glad i have, 7 chapters in and it really isn't particularly rude at all! And god, the charachters make me laugh so much :')

Example of funny page from Beauty

This is an amusing example! One of the brothers is very aggressive but gentlre inside (cliche I know, but I love it). Whilst the other is very weird and confident. Makes me laugh so much :'D

09.20.2009, 05:56 PM Nausicaa_Cat is offline   Profile for Nausicaa_Cat Add Nausicaa_Cat to your buddy list
[  «    ...  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  ...    »  ]   « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to:

Online Ghibli
Ghibli Tavern is powered by WoltLab, hosted by Teragon Networks